Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Learning Komyo Reiki Kai with Hyakuten Inamoto

Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Learning Komyo Reiki Kai with Hyakuten Inamoto Empty Learning Komyo Reiki Kai with Hyakuten Inamoto

Post by Dragonfly Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:21 am

Here is my blog post about my recent experience learning Komyo Reiki Kai from Inamoto Sensei:

http://dragonflyreiki.net/2010/08/learning-japanese-reiki-with-hyakuten-inamoto/

cheers
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Learning Komyo Reiki Kai with Hyakuten Inamoto Empty Re: Learning Komyo Reiki Kai with Hyakuten Inamoto

Post by chi_solas Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:52 am

Dragonfly wrote:Here is my blog post about my recent experience learning Komyo Reiki Kai from Inamoto Sensei:

http://dragonflyreiki.net/2010/08/learning-japanese-reiki-with-hyakuten-inamoto/

cheers

Thanks for sharing your special day flower
    LightChild
    LightChild
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Learning Komyo Reiki Kai with Hyakuten Inamoto Empty Re: Learning Komyo Reiki Kai with Hyakuten Inamoto

Post by LightChild Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:30 am

It was a pleasure to read your blog post Dragonfly...I felt touched by it and already can't wait for my first attunement by Colin bounce heart smiley
    Thank you for sharing your experience! Blesssed be!
    Love and Light
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:15 am

It indeed was a pleasure to read ^.^
    Thanks for sharing.

The more traditional Japanese practices of Reiki are truly beautiful.
    I wish you all the best on your personal path towards enlightenment!

Before this course you were at Okuden level?
    Or was it a course taking you from Shoden to Shinpiden in a short period of time?

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:29 am

Hi Frank,

No, I was a Reiki Master (Western/Takata) already. Inamoto sensei teaches a 2 day course for current Reiki Masters that goes through the entire Komyo Reiki Kai training to become certified as Shihan in his system. So I am now able to teach Western-style Reiki and also Komyo Reiki Kai.

It is pretty intense, but at the same time we already know the basics regarding Reiki history and working with the energy.
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:31 am

Hi,

Thanks for your answer!
    I am aware of this way of teaching. It also happens in a certain Usui Reiki Ryōhō style.

Good luck with mastering all elements of the teachings Very Happy

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:43 am

Dragonfly wrote:Hi Frank,

No, I was a Reiki Master (Western/Takata) already. Inamoto sensei teaches a 2 day course for current Reiki Masters that goes through the entire Komyo Reiki Kai training to become certified as Shihan in his system. So I am now able to teach Western-style Reiki and also Komyo Reiki Kai.

It is pretty intense, but at the same time we already know the basics regarding Reiki history and working with the energy.

Hi,

I thought Komyo Reiki Kai was a Rick Rivard version of Komyo Reiki? Something to do with Rick wanting to do distance attunements and Inamoto sensi allowing a division in the style to accomodate Rick, or so it would appear. I was not aware that Inamoto taught the "Kai" version. I`m a little "out of the loop" these days...Is my memory serving me correctly?

Jim
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:57 pm

Reikijim wrote:
    Hi,

I thought Komyo Reiki Kai was a Rick Rivard version of Komyo Reiki? Something to do with Rick wanting to do distance attunements and Inamoto sensi allowing a division in the style to accomodate Rick, or so it would appear. I was not aware that Inamoto taught the "Kai" version. I`m a little "out of the loop" these days...Is my memory serving me correctly?

Jim

Hi Jim,

I have no idea - that was how it was listed on all of my course materials (as Komyo Reiki Kai.) Inamoto didn't mention there being any differences in the system as he taught it.

Dana
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi Dana,

Could be I`m wrong. I just remember a conversation a few years back regarding Komyo and Komyo Kai...Whats the difference right? I`m very happy that you got some time with Inamoto sensi Smile Hopefully in the not too distant future I may have the same priviledge.

Jim
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi,

The spiritual path as taught by Hyakuten Inamoto is called Komyo Reiki Kai.

Rick Rivard also teaches Komyo Reiki Kai.
    Only when he teaches it as a distant course, he gives it an other name: Komyo-ki Reiki.

The content is the same, the only difference is the use of distant attunements.
    Inamoto does not approve of distant Reiju in his system and therefore he asks Shihan who do want to use distant Reiju to give their classes an other name.

This can also be read at Rivard's website: http://www.threshold.ca/reiki/Komyo.html#Komyo-Ki

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:14 am

Thanks for the clarification, Frank! And yes, you are right - Inamoto sensei made it clear in his class that he recommends in-person attunements.

You can easily see how different forms of Reiki splinter off their original, just by making changes or adjustments. No wonder there are so many different types of Reiki out there!
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:24 am

thanks Frank,

As I suspected, my memory is at fault. Thanks for the clairification! Very Happy

Jim

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:22 am