Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+8
Lambs-Wool
Colin
Lisel
Milarepa
Frank
chi_solas
LightChild
Spirithealer
12 posters

Reiju

Spirithealer
    Spirithealer

Reiju Empty Reiju

Post by Spirithealer Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:21 am

Bit late for this week....although you could collect later...
    I send Reiju Wednesday nights at 21-00 UK time if you wish to sit and take!
    LightChild
    LightChild
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Reiju Empty Re: Reiju

Post by LightChild Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:11 am

Oh, so nice of you Smile I will take one some Wednesdays when I am at home but not working late as today for example Rolling Eyes
    Thank you very much for letting us know! heart smiley
    Love and Light
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Spirithealer wrote:Bit late for this week....although you could collect later...
    I send Reiju Wednesday nights at 21-00 UK time if you wish to sit and take!

Spirithealer, can you give a quick blurb
    about Reiju, so folks who are not familiar
    with it can understand what it is and maybe
    become an active participant.

Reiju 307123
    Spirithealer
    Spirithealer

Post by Spirithealer Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:11 am

chi_solas

Of course I can

REIJU EMPOWERMENTS

It is Usui's original way to enable a student to channel Reiki. They used to gather weekly and practice Reiki and various Reiki techniques on each other. When the meeting had finished,Master Usui would give a Reiju to each student as they were meditating. This would enable the student to progress further on their Reiki path.

We now know these in the West as Attuenments.The major difference being that Usui used Kotodamas instead of symbols to send / activate the Reiju's. The symbols came into it,it is said,when Ususi knew Reiki was coming to the West and felt that symbols would be easier for us Westerners to understand than the Buddhist originated Kotodamas.

What does a Reiju do?

Reiju's connect's the student to the Reiki source and strengthens the connection.

Reiju's can help the student to progress in all aspects of their lives. It enhances the energy levels,which can be helped by the daily Reiki self treatment practice.

Giving (master ) and receiving ( student ) Reiju empowerments,gives each other the opportunity to develop intuition and sensitivity to the energy.This can be done weekly or indeed daily.

I hope this might give you a better understanding to how and why they work as they do! And is only my understanding of it!

HOW TO RECIEVE

This is what you can do to receive the empowerment:

If you know about Hatsu Rei Ho, the basic energy exercises of
    Japanese 'Gakkai' Reiki, then go through the sequence as normal.
    When you have performed Seishin Toitsu for a few minutes, stay with
    your hands in Gassho and say to yourself 'I will receive my
    empowerment from Steve now'.

If you are not familiar with Hatsu Rei Ho, simply get yourself
    comfortable in a chair, with your eyes closed and your hands in the
    prayer position. Take a few deep breaths to calm yourself, and then
    say to yourself 'I will receive my empowerment from Steve now'.

\Hope this helps.....

LightChild
    LightChild
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by LightChild Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:41 am

Thank you for for taking time to give us clarification about Reiju Steve Smile
    Blessings
    Reiju 850837
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:45 am

Spirithealer wrote:chi_solas

Of course I can

REIJU EMPOWERMENTS

It is Usui's original way to enable a student to channel Reiki. They used to gather weekly and practice Reiki and various Reiki techniques on each other. When the meeting had finished,Master Usui would give a Reiju to each student as they were meditating. This would enable the student to progress further on their Reiki path.

We now know these in the West as Attuenments.The major difference being that Usui used Kotodamas instead of symbols to send / activate the Reiju's. The symbols came into it,it is said,when Ususi knew Reiki was coming to the West and felt that symbols would be easier for us Westerners to understand than the Buddhist originated Kotodamas.

What does a Reiju do?

Reiju's connect's the student to the Reiki source and strengthens the connection.

Reiju's can help the student to progress in all aspects of their lives. It enhances the energy levels,which can be helped by the daily Reiki self treatment practice.

Giving (master ) and receiving ( student ) Reiju empowerments,gives each other the opportunity to develop intuition and sensitivity to the energy.This can be done weekly or indeed daily.

I hope this might give you a better understanding to how and why they work as they do! And is only my understanding of it!

HOW TO RECIEVE

This is what you can do to receive the empowerment:

If you know about Hatsu Rei Ho, the basic energy exercises of
    Japanese 'Gakkai' Reiki, then go through the sequence as normal.
    When you have performed Seishin Toitsu for a few minutes, stay with
    your hands in Gassho and say to yourself 'I will receive my
    empowerment from Steve now'.

If you are not familiar with Hatsu Rei Ho, simply get yourself
    comfortable in a chair, with your eyes closed and your hands in the
    prayer position. Take a few deep breaths to calm yourself, and then
    say to yourself 'I will receive my empowerment from Steve now'.

\Hope this helps.....

study thumbs up. Reiju 307123
    Spirithealer
    Spirithealer

Post by Spirithealer Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:48 am

No problem

Sit in next week and see what you get!
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi,

The only thing I would like to say about Reiju is that it is not the same as an attunement. In other words, a real Reiju is not supposed to be the same as an attunement, it is not supposed to connect the student to anything.
    It is a spiritual blessing. As everything Usui-sensei taught, this is also meant to help the student on his/her path towards happiness, harmony, spiritual development and eventually spiritual enlightenment. Reiju is meant to help the student in his own practise. There is a huge difference between connecting a student to an energy/to pass on the ability to channel energy and to help a student in his own practise.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Spirithealer
    Spirithealer

Post by Spirithealer Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:50 am

Hiya Frank
    A real Reiju you say??
    Do you come from a Western Reiki approach or as I do a Japanese way?
    I will expand somne more then

Reiju - Spiritual blessing (known as attunement in modern Reiki systems). One of the five elements of the system of Reiki. It is a ritual that the teacher performs to energetically support the student.
    Reiki , the Energy – Spiritual Energy. Reiki is the name of the energy utilized in the system of Reiki.
    Reiki, the System of – Created by Mikao Usui in Japan in the early 1900s as a self-development practice which in modern times has also evolved into a hands-on healing therapy. The complete system includes five elements which are precepts, hands-on healing, techniques, symbols and mantras, and the receiving of reiju.

As you say and as it says here it is too help the student on their path.....

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:55 am

here's something, hehe...

a 'western approach' as Usui Shiki Ryoho, is a Japanese way. Taught by a Japanese man, to a Japanese woman...

though this could get off-topic, hehe.. Suspect
    Spirithealer
    Spirithealer

Post by Spirithealer Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:57 am

hahahah very true....
    so how do you feel with the REAL reiju then?
    ?
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:11 am

Spirithealer wrote:Hiya Frank
    Do you come from a Western Reiki approach or as I do a Japanese way?

In my practise I try to stay as true to Usui-sensei's teachings and those of the URR Gakkai as possible.
    Generally people would call that a Japanese Reiki approach. So yes, I come from a Japanese way.

You quoted a nice text and I could agree with most it.

Reiju - Spiritual blessing (known as attunement in modern Reiki systems).

This suggests that Reiju and attunement is the same and that the 'modern Reiki' approach of it is the same.
    And I do not agree with that. In my experience Reiju is different from an attunement/initiation. Although there are various forms of Reiju, they are not the same as the various forms of attunements/initiations.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Spirithealer
    Spirithealer

Post by Spirithealer Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:19 am

I have used both ways coming originaly from Western way to the Japanese way

Attuenments do vary same as Reiju do but in my humble experience the Reiju works so much better with my students

So which way do you use to attune?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:23 am

Spirithealer wrote:hahahah very true....
    so how do you feel with the REAL reiju then?
    ?

hehe, which 'real' Reiju are we talking about? there's that many... Laughing
    Spirithealer
    Spirithealer

Post by Spirithealer Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Wednesday so will be sending Reiju at 21-00 tonight

if you care to sit
    LightChild
    LightChild
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by LightChild Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:45 pm

I will Steve Smile I am at home at this time tonight.
    Reiki smiles sunny
    Lisel
    Lisel

Post by Lisel Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:45 pm

How do you perform a Reiju??

I have tried with succes, but I would like to hear a guideline..

Kind regards
    Lisel
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Lisel wrote:How do you perform a Reiju??

I have tried with succes, but I would like to hear a guideline..

Kind regards
    Lisel

Hi Lisel

here is a link to one version of Reiju:

http://www.aetw.org/d_reiju.html

there are several versions around. If you do a search on the above site you find find several other versions there also.

Hope that helps
    Colin
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi,

Reiju is a very special spiritual blessing. It can take years before one has spiritually developed enough to give a Reiju correctly.
    You can learn the outer process of the ritual (which, in the end, is not that important), but one cannot learn what is supposed to happen inside and on an energetic level from online instructions (or instructions in a book for that matter).

So I would advise to go to a good and experienced teacher.
    Not to be annoying or anything, but because I believe that is the best way and I wish you the best.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:34 pm

Frank, buddy, just curious to know if you believe reiju is possible remotely?

take care

salman
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi,

"Distance Reiju" ?
    It is possible, yes. But that does not mean everyone should do it Razz

*Gasshō*
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:44 pm

maybe i m myth-ridden, or i don't know, but whenever i imagine a reiju ceremony, i feel its flavour different from a reiki session....

i would normally be assuming a high level teacher (someone like Usui Sensei Laughing) while the reciepient(s) will be in gassho before him, with eyes closed, hearts and minds attentive to the process, and perhaps the place will not be anything less than a dojo/prayer-hall

but, of course, differentiating myth from reality is something RLL is continuously striving at sunny

take care Smile

salman
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:27 pm

Frank wrote:Hi,

Reiju is a very special spiritual blessing. It can take years before one has spiritually developed enough to give a Reiju correctly.
    You can learn the outer process of the ritual (which, in the end, is not that important), but one cannot learn what is supposed to happen inside and on an energetic level from online instructions (or instructions in a book for that matter).

So I would advise to go to a good and experienced teacher.
    Not to be annoying or anything, but because I believe that is the best way and I wish you the best.

*Gasshō*
    Frank

Hi Frank

I agree. I was merely offering a "guideline" for Lisel, as reqested.
    Smile
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:20 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:maybe i m myth-ridden, or i don't know, but whenever i imagine a reiju ceremony, i feel its flavour different from a reiki session....

i would normally be assuming a high level teacher (someone like Usui Sensei Laughing) while the reciepient(s) will be in gassho before him, with eyes closed, hearts and minds attentive to the process, and perhaps the place will not be anything less than a dojo/prayer-hall

but, of course, differentiating myth from reality is something RLL is continuously striving at sunny

(I'm not sure about the meaning of the word "myth-ridden" and my dictionaries can't help me out on this one. Could you explain to me what you mean by it?)

Concerning Reiju.. I can imagine the assumption of a high level teacher, the recipient in gasshō and so on. It is true that only people of a 'high spiritual level' can give a 'real' or 'correct' Reiju (that is because this profound blessing requires a certain spiritual/energetic/meditative state of Being, which can take years of practise). This is a necessity.

It is also true that generally a Reiju is given to a student while the student sits in seiza, with hands in gasshō and meditates. All this in the presence of the teacher.

But these aspects are not absolute necessities.
    A Reiju could be given over a distance (that's just how energy and consciousness works).
    Gasshō is not even an absolute necessity either (although it does help a great deal and it definitely has an important energetic effect, which is necessary for receiving Reiju. Though an experienced "Usui dōka" might be able to reach the same energetic and meditative state that is required it generally is advised to always sit in gasshō when receiving Reiju.)
    Receiving Reiju during a specific meditation is usually also done. You can receive Reiju without carrying out a meditation, but then you'll most likely miss out on some benefits of Reiju. You can receive it without meditation, but you'll probably won't get the most out of it.

Colin wrote:I agree. I was merely offering a "guideline" for Lisel, as reqested.

I'm glad to find people who think the same about this.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:06 am

Hiya Frank,
    It should be said, that anyone who has recieved a Reiki attunement, involving the Master symbol in particular, can pass on something. they can use any Reiju form they wish. Reiju is a spiritual blessing/gift. i'll agree to disagree with whomever it is you allude to that is saying that a person needs to be spiritually advanced to provide a 'real' or 'true' Reiju, hehe. suffice to say, every person on earth is advanced spiritually in their own way, and, Reiki practitioners themselves, get a little head start, as do other spiritual paths.

the quality, or depth of what is conferred during any Reiju can be down to the person performing it. i agree with this in part. however, just a small spark is all that is needed to light everything up. what's very important is the work the recipient then does on themselves on the on-going basis.

re: Salman. the experience of a Reiki treatment would of course feel different than Reiju. We're interacting with spirit in a different way, for a different purpose.

disntance Reiju. without a doubt it's possible. there is no such thing as distance anyhow, hehe. Though, both you & i know this on an intellectual level Salman, and we've done work at it on an experiental level also together, within us, there is still sub-consciously the beleif of distance (also the myth of time). so, i'd expect us to have very different expereinces when we meet up for the in-person stuff, Smile.

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 pm