Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+8
Lambs-Wool
Colin
Lisel
Milarepa
Frank
chi_solas
LightChild
Spirithealer
12 posters

Reiju

Frank
    Frank

Reiju - Page 2 Empty Re: Reiju

Post by Frank Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:43 am

Milarepa wrote:Hiya Frank,
    It should be said, that anyone who has recieved a Reiki attunement, involving the Master symbol in particular, can pass on something.

Everyone can pass on -something-, even witohout an attunement.
    Energy is in constant motion. Every handshake and even every thought about someone passes on something.

Reiju is not about just passing on something. Reiju is about passing on something specific.

Milarepa wrote:they can use any Reiju form they wish. Reiju is a spiritual blessing/gift. i'll agree to disagree with whomever it is you allude to that is saying that a person needs to be spiritually advanced to provide a 'real' or 'true' Reiju, hehe.

Then we'll disagree.
    And that's fine of course.

I still feel that people do need a certain training, a certain level of development.

Everyone can play something on the piano.
    But generally one needs training and a certain level of development to play, for instance, The Four Seasons by Vivaldi. I don't think anyone can really disagree with that.

Well, Reiju is not much different.

Milarepa wrote:the quality, or depth of what is conferred during any Reiju can be down to the person performing it. i agree with this in part.

A certain minimum of quality and depth is required. This is a characteristic of a 'real' Reiju (of course there are various forms of Reiju, but they all share this kind of level).
    If the one giving the Reiju cannot meet at least the minimum, it might be merely an energy boost instead of a Reiju.
    There is nothing wrong with an energy boost of course, but it is not the same as Reiju.

A certain set of sounds is required for a piece of music to be recognised as The Four Seasons. If the musician doesn't meet these requirements, it is still music (and there is nothing wrong with it of course), yet it isn't The Four Seasons.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:58 am

Frank wrote:

A certain set of sounds is required for a piece of music to be recognised as The Four Seasons. If the musician doesn't meet these requirements, it is still music (and there is nothing wrong with it of course), yet it isn't The Four Seasons.

this is true for sure. although just like there is not one single way to play music, there is not one single way to perform Reiju... 'true' & 'real' only apply to the ego.

I'm kinda curious and a bit confused Frank. you're into Chris Marsh's stuff. The Tendai avenue. has this 'camp' not been suggesting that Reiju is only a blessing, and not something that is an empowerment via transmission? If that is still the 'Suzuki san' position (and it does change, Smile ), then of course, anyone at any spiritual 'level' could bless someone else.

is there really a 'true' or 'real' way to confer a Reiki blessing, in 2010?

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:20 am

hi Frank

Frank wrote:
    (I'm not sure about the meaning of the word "myth-ridden" and my dictionaries can't help me out on this one. Could you explain to me what you mean by it?)

myth-ridden, as i used, means to me something that i accept at face value without looking deep inside the possible depths... there has been a voice, as you also have said, that performing a reiju needs a certain level of spiritual development... while this could certainly be a 'reality' as far as your knowledge suggests, it might still be a myth for me, given my lack of knowledge... intuitively, however, it goes to suit our ego so well if we feel that the person giving the reiju is very advanced (suggesting somewhere that the person at receiving end, also receives something very good in the next step)...

if a person initiated at masters' level can confer attunements, it is technically slightly myth-ridden to say that he needs to be developed something higher or more in order to confer a reiju...? does this suggest that giving reiju is a higher spiritual act than giving the attunements.... again face value suggests, that it might be, and this is where i say i m still myth ridden Smile

Milarepa wrote:
    there is no such thing as distance anyhow, hehe. Though, both you & i know this on an intellectual level Salman, and we've done work at it on an experiental level also together, within us, there is still sub-consciously the beleif of distance (also the myth of time).

hey buddy, a day ago i watched a movie called 'jumpers' giving brief insight about teleporting... it was an exciting stuff... grab the movie if you would Smile

the sub-conscious feeling of 'presence' of time, distance are the definitions of our 'realms'... realms of our existence in the present abode... as you would appreciate if i say that the constant fear we experience when we try to dismiss these definitions through a moment of spiritual experience, is rather a cuation like 'fasten your seat belts buddies, your flight gonna take off'...

while trying to look beyond such myths is very meaningful, the attempt to pass through their rich wisdom, is also equally valuable Smile

Wayne wrote:
    .....there is not one single way to perform Reiju... 'true' & 'real' only apply to the ego

the terms sure apply to ego, but there is always some tehncially correct way of doing a thing, umm, initiations for example ?

Smile

take care

salman
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:37 am

Frank wrote:

Reiju is not about just passing on something. Reiju is about passing on something specific.

Frank

I`m curious...what might that be Frank?

If I have learned anything in the last five years, it would be...to beware of anyone who claims to have the..."ONE TRUE PATH"...to anything.

Historically....many have claimed to have the "ONE TRUE PATH" ,and usually make fools of themselves, on one level or another by saying so.

We have many religions, many gods/deities and many varying spiritual prctices...Some make more sense to me than others. They speak to my individuality, my EGO.

I think everyone can find their way, by various means. What is required is a sincere heart and sincere belief. Belief empowers more than technique, or ritual.

There is power in ritual, yet without belief, ritual matters little.

To take this a step further, the effect of an attunement has as much to do with the beliefs of the recipient, or possibly even more so, than the technique or ritual performed by the master.

This has been my experience, so this is my truth, not the truth of another...

Jim

Last edited by Reikijim on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:57 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:

the terms sure apply to ego, but there is always some tehncially correct way of doing a thing, umm, initiations for example ?

Smile

take care

salman

Hi Salman!
    Ok...so why then does one person get so much more from an attunement than another person attuned exactly the same way?

I think technically correct has importance, yet I`m starting to rethink this. I once attuned a person to level 1 who had recieved a level 1 attunement from another previously.
    I know that the attunement she was given prior to be a generally accepted style of attunement that is commonly used.
    When I attuned her, I used an abriviated form of attunement using only one symbol. She was very pleased with the outcome and made comments regarding the effects.

I`m guessing that she was more open and trusting with me. I also believe, considering that she had Reiki experience briefly, that she was more open to what she was about to recieve...So I cannot say for sure exactly what created the amplified experience for her...

Her previous attunement included 3 symbols...her second attunement included 1 symbol and was more profound for her than the first...hence why I`m starting to question ritual to a certain extent.

no judgement for me in this Salman, I`m not interested in being "right"I`m in a watch and learn phase i suppose...just wanted to share this experience with you for interest sake.

peace brother...

Jim
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:33 pm

hi Jim Smile

i already owe much thanks to you for your reply to my questions in reiki and unspoken fears thread, and this one just reinforces those feelings sunny

how interesting Jim that most of the time in our life we keep carrying truths with us which are others' truths, not exactly our truths..... Spirituality within each of us is our truth for ourselves... There might not be any possible comparison between spirituality of me and my next kin, since the spark of divinity within each of us is itself complete, no matter how much or how less ignited it is sunny

take care brother

love
    salman
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:06 pm

Reading your post, Salman, the following phrase jumped into my mind! Smile

Our truth is illuminated by the light of our experience.
    sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:43 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:

Wayne wrote:
    .....there is not one single way to perform Reiju... 'true' & 'real' only apply to the ego

not at all, Smile. A Reiki initiation can be done whatever way the Master wishes. They've already been gave the spiritual permission todo this. So whether it's correct way to do it is between them& divinity, i presume. What is to do with humans more, is if the Jikiden, Komyo, or Usui Shiki Ryoho initiation is correct.

You know i used to be an originality guy. Always searching for the one true way. And in many respects i'm on the verge of acheiving what i wanted in Usui Shii Ryoho. Though usng Usui Shiki Ryoho as an example (and i've been forming a mental topic for RLL bout this), as the Reiki experience is formless, so to is Usui Shiki Ryoho. And imo, dare i say it, this is how it should be.

I assume Usui sensei was a highly intelligent guy. He obviously decided to share the Reiki experience with as many folks as possible. surely he realised that just as the Reiki experience can be subjective, so to, in te end, would the way it was taught. In fact, looking at Takata sensei this is supported. The viral marketing of the differences in her teachings, although only slight in reality, still do exist. During the performing of attunements, there were slight difference made. Her students have told someone this (he's expereinced it also), and he tells me this. I did thnk this was a memory flaw on the part of the Master students of Takata sensei. Although, Master level could be a drawn out process iwth her, an apprenticeship. I feel certain any 'mistakes' on the students part would have been fixed long ago.

In summary, when a person recieves the permission to be a Master, then they can carry out whatever concotion of attunemnt they wish. whether it is 'powerful' or whatever, is another subjective issue of course. know what it's like to teach as we were ourselves taught, of course lots of us do. I can easily appreciate how it mst have been for Takata sensei to in turn teach others as Hayashi sensei taught her. If she was taught to be rigid in her teaching, then i really believe she would have been. So..

an attunement can be any way. A Jikiden 'attunement' will be a certain way. A Komyo a certain way. An Usui Shiki Ryoho will carry similr themes. If a process called Reiju or attunement does what is is meant to, then it is what it says.

And after all, are we to assume that Usui sensei, the man who really was more qualified than anyone in our lineages, never tweaked things?

warmest wishes
    WAyne
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:41 am

Hi Wayne,

Heats Off Buddy! I find this post extremely valuable. This is something that I have believed for the long time. IMO the “technically correct way” has much more to do with Reiki as a business than Reiki as a practice. It is understandable that system founders want to protect their business model and therefore have put out the strict rules that are to be followed. I am not saying that there is anything wrong if people make a living practicing Reiki- to the contrary I find it great. Helping people is amazing thing to do and I respect that.

Again, Thank You for this great post!

Regards,

Resko
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:01 am

Hi,

I regularly see people in the 'spiritual and paranormal community' who seem afraid of admitting the fact that there are differences between people on a spiritual level. Generally people have no difficulty with confirming differences on other aspects of life, but when it comes to spirituality people suddenly seem to be unwilling to see differences.
    Not always of course, yet I do see it quite often.

Milarepa wrote:is there really a 'true' or 'real' way to confer a Reiki blessing, in 2010?

As I said in this topic before, the outward ritual of Reiju is not that important in the end. What is really important is what happens on the inside of both the giver and the receiver of the Reiju.

The one giving a Reiju needs to create a very special and profound energetic space along with a specific level of consciousness.
    (There are several kinds of Reiju, with each requiring its own kind of energetic space.)

If the giver can create these energetic circumstances (and consciousness), then it's Reiju.
    If he or she can't create it, then it isn't Reiju.

It depends on one's spiritual development (lifestyle, thoughts, actions, attitude towards life and other beings, level of insight, consciousness, emotions...) what energies one is able to pass on and what energetic circumstances one can create.
    Therefore it depends on one's spiritual development whether he/she can give Reiju or not.

There are people without any knowledge of Usui-sensei's teachings, who could give Reiju. (I am very positive that the Dalai Lama, for instance, would be perfectly able to give Reiju)
    And there are people who are attuned to Reiki 3, who cannot give Reiju.
    That's all because it's not about the physical ritual, but about creating certain energetic spaces and a level of consciousness.

Milarepa wrote:
    I'm kinda curious and a bit confused Frank. you're into Chris Marsh's stuff. The Tendai avenue. has this 'camp' not been suggesting that Reiju is only a blessing, and not something that is an empowerment via transmission?

As far as I understand Reiju, it is a blessing and an opportunity created by the teacher (giver) for the student (receiver) to raise their consciousness and to receive (or to take in) what they need on their path.

It is not a ritual in which the teacher gives anything to the student.
    It's merely an (energetic) opportunity created by the teacher. The teacher creates a special energetic space and the rest is up to the student.

But Reiju is more than that. And I can't describe that bit very well.
    It is overwhelming and incredibly humbling. There is so much compassion involved that I would love to call it "heavenly compassion" or "divine love and mercy" (although I do think it sounds a bit too "new-Age-ish").

Lambs-Wool wrote:if a person initiated at masters' level can confer attunements, it is technically slightly myth-ridden to say that he needs to be developed something higher or more in order to confer a reiju...? does this suggest that giving reiju is a higher spiritual act than giving the attunements.... again face value suggests, that it might be, and this is where i say i m still myth ridden Smile

Okay, I think I understand what you mean.

I do not want to suggest any technique/meditation or whatever to be more, better, higher than another.

The only thing I would like to say is that in order to give a Reiju, one needs to be able to create a certain energetic space and a certain level of consciousness.
    That's all.

Yet I cannot deny the fact that generally most people have to begin at the beginning (Shōden) when they want to start with Usui Reiki Ryōhō (and among them are also people who have been attuned to Reiki 3 before). This is also my own experience.

Within Usui Reiki Ryōhō a technique or meditation is only taught when the student is ready (when he/she can show that he/she masterd the previous step).

Reikijim wrote:I`m curious...what might that be Frank?

If I have learned anything in the last five years, it would be...to beware of anyone who claims to have the..."ONE TRUE PATH"...to anything.

I do not claim to know the truth, to be enlightened or to know the only true path.
    You are right, you do need to beware of the people who do.

Considering Reiju, there are various physical rituals. It doesn't really matter which one you take. There are several ways of doing it, several ways of giving it.
    Yet, the inner component is what Reiju makes a Reiju. If one meets the requirements to create that inner component, then it's okay. It doesn't really matter how.. if you create the inner component, you create the inner component.

That special inner component that is required to give Reiju is not exclusive to Usui Reiki Ryōhō. People might find it by following Usui Shiki Ryoho, Christianity, Buddhism.. or whatever.

The only thing that matters, is that the one giving Reiju creates a specific energetic space and level of consciousness.

Usui Reiki Ryōhō just teaches -a- way. Not -the- way.
    (And yes, within URR there are a several variants, with different energetic spaces that create different opportunities for a student, yet the level of consciousness is the same.)

I hope I answered all questions.
    This is just written from my own experiences and from the things I learned walking the path. And I'm still walking Wink

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:17 pm

Frank wrote:
    I hope I answered all questions.

quite so certainly buddy Smile that was a nice exposition of your thought including the take on various participants' questions/comments.

thanks & Gassho

love

salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:04 pm

Milarepa wrote:
    Lambs-Wool wrote:

not at all, Smile. A Reiki initiation can be done whatever way the Master wishes. They've already been gave the spiritual permission todo this.

i see the point Wayne, but would you answer the same if i re-word my question as "there is always some technically correct way (within one specific style) for doing a thing (if it has to be that specific sytle in result) ??"

i mean, if you want to initiate somebody to masters level within Usui Shiki Ryoho, would you adopt a 'specific' set of attunement ritual, or would use any ritual that would be available in mind at that particular moment ? what i have been taught so far is that you change the ritual, you change the outcome... that outcome must have its empowerments, no doubts, but it might not exactly what it was supposed/intended/conveyed to be Exclamation

am i reading into things right ?

Wayne wrote:
    I can easily appreciate how it mst have been for Takata sensei to in turn teach others as Hayashi sensei taught her. If she was taught to be rigid in her teaching, then i really believe she would have been.

but equally, if she was not tuaght to be rigid in her teaching, then things might have gone much wild in diversity among her 22 master students, since once you let go, things get their own momentum... but we see that the difference were 'limited' to be 'slight', as you said too.... this gives more innuendo to the fact that she infact tried to stick to a uniform set of teachings, and the variations we see can be better ascribed to human element of incorporating minor changes when you dont intend such changes, but cannot equally eliminate the chances of minor changes being crept in over extended spans of time over some good years.

Wayne wrote:
    an attunement can be any way. A Jikiden 'attunement' will be a certain way. A Komyo a certain way.

can this be viewed as saying that a jikiden attunement has to be in a specific way in order to be called a 'jikiden attunemnt' ?

Wayne wrote:
    as the Reiki experience is formless, so to is Usui Shiki Ryoho. And imo, dare i say it, this is how it should be

yes, it is formless, without tags attached, but yet still there are different styles of reiki that exist Smile are differences among styles just an ego-thing, marketing stuff :afraid:

Smile

take care

salman
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:10 am

As Reiki travels down life's highway
    there will be many on and off ramps
    opening doors to new styles.

It has been through many forums that
    I have learned of other styles and
    differences. I find this discussion
    very enlighting.

I do Reiju before every Reiki
    session/treatment/attunement as
    taught by my Reiki teacher. Reiju - Page 2 850837
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:45 am

chi_solas wrote:I do Reiju before every Reiki

Hi Bridget

Do you mean you do Reiju on yourself before every session/treatment/attunement or on the client/student? scratch

I was shown a self-Reiju method in Gendai Reiki. Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Colin wrote:

Hi Bridget

Do you mean you do Reiju on yourself before every session/treatment/attunement or on the client/student? scratch

The Reiji (Reiju) technique. Gassho style
    indication of spirit is asking that Reiki
    begin to flow,that your hands be guided and
    directed by inner guidance for the clients
    healing. I would say it includes everyone
    in an accepting/giving spirit towards
    enlightenment
    sunny
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:02 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    Colin wrote:

Hi Bridget

enlightenment
    sunny

Ah, Bridget!

Reiji and Reiju are two different techniques!

Reiji (indication of spirit) is used in Reiki sessions to allow Reiki to guide your hands to byosen (areas of imbalance).

Reiju (giving - or receiving - of spirit) is a Reiki "blessing". It is basically the Japanese word used for the initiation or attunement. According to some 'original sources', as Wayne likes to call them, it is what Usui used before the attunements as we know them in the West were developed (maybe by Hayashi) and did not involve symbols. Most of the Reiju methods now used in the West developed from what Hiroshi Doi demonstrated in Vancouver in 1999, which he said was his "reconstruction" of what he felt whilst receiving Reiju during Gakkai meetings. It is very similar to Chris Marsh's Reiju but has a couple less hand positions. Some Reiki teachers use this Reiju for initiation (sometimes including symbols) instead of the initiations based on the technique Takata taught.

Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:51 pm

Frank wrote:

Milarepa wrote:is there really a 'true' or 'real' way to confer a Reiki blessing, in 2010?

The one giving a Reiju needs to create a very special and profound energetic space along with a specific level of consciousness.
    (There are several kinds of Reiju, with each requiring its own kind of energetic space.)

If the giver can create these energetic circumstances (and consciousness), then it's Reiju.
    If he or she can't create it, then it isn't Reiju.

that's highly subjective, Smile. As is any expereince in Reiki. If we conducted a poll here, and asked how many folks felt that they were in a 'very special and profound energetic space' during any form of Reiju they expereinced, i bet most would attest to this. After all, it's why it's done. if it didn't give some: 1. instant qualitive effect, 2. more on-going benefit, then there'd be no purpose to any act called Reiju.

Frank wrote:
    It depends on one's spiritual development (lifestyle, thoughts, actions, attitude towards life and other beings, level of insight, consciousness, emotions...) what energies one is able to pass on and what energetic circumstances one can create.
    Therefore it depends on one's spiritual development whether he/she can give Reiju or not.

of course. though your quote applies to attunements also. in fact, it applies to anything a person does spiritually.

Frank wrote:
    There are people without any knowledge of Usui-sensei's teachings, who could give Reiju. (I am very positive that the Dalai Lama, for instance, would be perfectly able to give Reiju)

The Dalai Lama can of course spritually bless people.

Frank wrote:
    And there are people who are attuned to Reiki 3, who cannot give Reiju.
    That's all because it's not about the physical ritual, but about creating certain energetic spaces and a level of consciousness.

This is quite inaccurate. the term Reiju means to confer a spiritual gift. who is to say what the spiritual gift should be? What it's effect should be? Or even it's depth? Not you nor i. If a person is Reiki 3, a lot more has went on with them than physical things.

frank wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:
    I'm kinda curious and a bit confused Frank. you're into Chris Marsh's stuff. The Tendai avenue. has this 'camp' not been suggesting that Reiju is only a blessing, and not something that is an empowerment via transmission?

As far as I understand Reiju, it is a blessing and an opportunity created by the teacher (giver) for the student (receiver) to raise their consciousness and to receive (or to take in) what they need on their path.

This is correct of course. So, who hs decided at what depth of level should an activity/expereince must be, before it is called a 'real' or 'true' Reiju? There's more than one way

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:
    Lambs-Wool wrote:

not at all, Smile. A Reiki initiation can be done whatever way the Master wishes. They've already been gave the spiritual permission todo this.

i see the point Wayne, but would you answer the same if i re-word my question as "there is always some technically correct way (within one specific style) for doing a thing (if it has to be that specific sytle in result) ??"

my answer would be yes, and no, hehe. Like i'd pointed out, a Jikiden Reiju is whatever way they decide at any one time. Usui Shiki Ryoho, there are variances, and it's proper for it to be like that. Reiki is formless. So, imo, Usui Shiki Ryoho havs evolved in the spirit of Reiki. A formless, subjectiv expereince. and is taught as such it is expereinced.

yeah, it's somewhat fo a change from earlier positions. I guess i'm kinda like Reiki then, subjective, hehe!

Salman wrote:
    i mean, if you want to initiate somebody to masters level within Usui Shiki Ryoho, would you adopt a 'specific' set of attunement ritual, or would use any ritual that would be available in mind at that particular moment ? what i have been taught so far is that you change the ritual, you change the outcome... that outcome must have its empowerments, no doubts, but it might not exactly what it was supposed/intended/conveyed to be Exclamation

am i reading into things right ?

As far as changing the ritual, changing th outcome goes, this is from James's site, he can answer for himself. My own interpretation (which can frequently be wrong), is that this was in relation to what is experienced. sure, it is all Reiki, a spiritual expereince. Though so is yoga. yet, yoga is not the same as Reiki. if you get my meaning.

Usui Shiki Ryoho has went too far in being formless for it to revert back. spiritual paths must move with the times, and also not become to attached to dogma. Lest the resistance forms as has done with religion. In these times, individual spirituality is rising. and as this is so much Usui Shiki Ryoho now, for me, it shows me that our style will be around for quite some time. This isn't to say that there shouldn't be a place for folks who teach as close as possible to takatas ways, or aspire to. It's right to honour our lineage, with other coleagues alongside moving with the times. My own opinion re: changing initiations in Usui Shiki Ryoho, is that i simply can't teach what wasn't taught by Takata. so i stopped teaching. For me, Usui Shiki Ryoho was a Japanese style, as taught by Takata, and was in all likelyhood as close as possible to what Usui sensei taught. With that realization, i am compelled to honour my lineage, and should only be using Usui name in the style if i'm doing or aspirign to the above.

I would do as i had done. Either get as close as possible to what Takata used, or else stop teaching. I recoqnise other factors, such as the modern times, decline of dogmatic systems, and individual spirituality. this renders the opinion i have of the above quite mute, and irrelevant. and that is so liberating. but you did ask, hehe. Smile.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:I can easily appreciate how it mst have been for Takata sensei to in turn teach others as Hayashi sensei taught her. If she was taught to be rigid in her teaching, then i really believe she would have been.

but equally, if she was not tuaght to be rigid in her teaching, then things might have gone much wild in diversity among her 22 master students, since once you let go, things get their own momentum... but we see that the difference were 'limited' to be 'slight', as you said too.... this gives more innuendo to the fact that she infact tried to stick to a uniform set of teachings, and the variations we see can be better ascribed to human element of incorporating minor changes when you dont intend such changes, but cannot equally eliminate the chances of minor changes being crept in over extended spans of time over some good years.

she most likely was aware that John grey used chakras, but equally was aware of the times in which she lived, in which eastern philosophy was very popular in the US. really emerging. so Takata (its fair to say) was most likely aware of the current needs.

Things did go somewhat wild with some of her 22 master students anyhow, hehe. There was a core of teaching that never changed, what did change was perhaps some story or parable, to help illustrate a point at any one time. and of course, slight differences in some initiations.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:an attunement can be any way. A Jikiden 'attunement' will be a certain way. A Komyo a certain way.

can this be viewed as saying that a jikiden attunement has to be in a specific way in order to be called a 'jikiden attunemnt' ?

for Jikiden yes. Though all styles, and in fact anything Reiki, shouldn't be modelled on any one expression.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:as the Reiki experience is formless, so to is Usui Shiki Ryoho. And imo, dare i say it, this is how it should be

yes, it is formless, without tags attached, but yet still there are different styles of reiki that exist Smile are differences among styles just an ego-thing, marketing stuff :afraid:

some are. folks that tell you they have the original way, the one true way, these should be avoided.

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Last edited by Lambs-Wool on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing quotes)
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:36 pm

Colin wrote:
    Some Reiki teachers use this Reiju for initiation (sometimes including symbols) instead of the initiations based on the technique Takata taught.

teachers of a particular style, or particular teachers generally Smile ??

take care
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:53 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    Colin wrote:
    Some Reiki teachers use this Reiju for initiation (sometimes including symbols) instead of the initiations based on the technique Takata taught.

teachers of a particular style, or particular teachers generally Smile ??

take care

No particular style - some teachers who have been influenced by Chris Marsh's material, such as Taggart King (but presumably others as well!), use his Reiju method and incorporate symbols according to the level being attuned, I believe. Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Colin wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:
    Colin wrote:

Hi Bridget

enlightenment
    sunny

Ah, Bridget!

Reiji and Reiju are two different techniques!

Reiji (indication of spirit) is used in Reiki sessions to allow Reiki to guide your hands to byosen (areas of imbalance).

Reiju (giving - or receiving - of spirit) is a Reiki "blessing". It is basically the Japanese word used for the initiation or attunement. According to some 'original sources', as Wayne likes to call them, it is what Usui used before the attunements as we know them in the West were developed (maybe by Hayashi) and did not involve symbols. Most of the Reiju methods now used in the West developed from what Hiroshi Doi demonstrated in Vancouver in 1999, which he said was his "reconstruction" of what he felt whilst receiving Reiju during Gakkai meetings. It is very similar to Chris Marsh's Reiju but has a couple less hand positions. Some Reiki teachers use this Reiju for initiation (sometimes including symbols) instead of the initiations based on the technique Takata taught.

Smile

Thanks Colin, I was aware of the 1999 conference
    and the different spellings. The literature I read
    says Reiju/Reiji are the same.

During attunements I use symbols and hand positions. sunny
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:59 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:hi Jim Smile

i already owe much thanks to you for your reply to my questions in reiki and unspoken fears thread, and this one just reinforces those feelings sunny

how interesting Jim that most of the time in our life we keep carrying truths with us which are others' truths, not exactly our truths..... Spirituality within each of us is our truth for ourselves... There might not be any possible comparison between spirituality of me and my next kin, since the spark of divinity within each of us is itself complete, no matter how much or how less ignited it is sunny

take care brother

love
    salman

Hi Salman,

I guess I would have to say that my truths appear to be evolving.

When I have studied various things through out life, I have found that the subject matter takes on definition through study, one discovers "absolutes", and limitations that exist inside the construct of the subject at hand. With Reiki, it would seem the other way, for me at least. When I try to get a sense of something in Reiki, I usually end up adding possibilities, instead of finding limitations...

If there is a division in Reiki. It resides between knowledge and practice/experience. The one side is subjective and has limitations and human inperfection built in, though still very necessary to understanding and practicing the system...initially...

The other side, has led me to realize that there has not been a book written, or a word or words spoken, that can accurately define the experience of Reiki. Yet, one should read all the books, and talk to the best and most proficient practitioners out there.

I guess the reason i say all this Salman, is because Reiki has, over time, made me less close minded about Reiki.
    I am an authority on, and master of...nothing. The only time i feel inclined to prove a point in Reiki, is when another is sure they have found "the way" or discovered "the secret teachings channeled through Uncle Wally`s cat"...for goodness sakes.

THE WAY does not exist. It only existed for Mikao Usui...

Jim

Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:32 am

OOh that resonated Jim!! what a interesting thread this is..
    sunshinekaz
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by sunshinekaz Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:03 am

Hi new here I'm a reiki master practitioner reiju was slightly different from what I was taught (not for attunments)more for a quick reiki treatment so would love to experience your form of reiju and very happy to return the treatment I was taught
    Karen

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:40 am