Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

What is the difference between Kotodama and Jumon

Frank
    Frank

What is the difference between Kotodama and Jumon Empty What is the difference between Kotodama and Jumon

Post by Frank Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:15 am

chi_solas wrote:Frank what's wrong with discussing both in the same thread.

Of course there is noting -wrong- with two topics in one. I never said it was.
    I did say that it might be a better idea to split the kotodama-confusion off from this topic, because it is a very interesting topic in itself. That way both topics ("If symbols are for intent/focus" and "what is the difference between kotodama and jumon") can get full attention.. the attention they deserve, because both subjects are very interesting.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

What is the difference between Kotodama and Jumon Empty Re: What is the difference between Kotodama and Jumon

Post by chi_solas Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:53 am

Frank, It's my understanding that Kotodama
    is a Japanese belief that mystical powers
    dwell in words and names. And Jumon is a
    magic spell. They are both concepts of the
    Sacred Power of speech. Did these 2 concepts
    get introduced during or after Usui's Reiki
    teachings ? Arrow
    Moore

What is the difference between Kotodama and Jumon Empty Re: What is the difference between Kotodama and Jumon

Post by Moore Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:47 pm

The way i learned it, Usui taught them to his long term students whereas he taught
    the naval officers the symbols as a shortcut to working with the energies. In the most grossly generalized sense.
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:26 pm

As we talk more about kotodama it is getting more and more interesting/complicated which than leads to more questions Very Happy

Symbols are images that invoke mental attitudes, change patterns and cause change in us in varying degrees. The Shinto kotodama is considered to be the active creative force of the universe. The sounds carry, IMHO, more power of their own whereas the symbols invokes something within us. It's difficult to explain.

I am not sure if I am getting this right.

1.To start with I am wondering (assuming that many were not attuned to its quality -not sure what term to use here) if it is part of Usui's “spiritual signature” passed down onto us in the lineage.
    2.It appears that kotodama than would have to be done in exactly the same way in order to work (or even worse to avoid something bad happen) vs. reiki symbols that as we know it work regardless if we didn't get it quiet right.
    3.If no symbols are used during reiki attunement but rather kotodama can we than expect student to use symbols and is it still considered to be Usui Reiki?
    4.And finally (again based on the assumption that if not pronounced correctly it could have negative effect) than I am wondering what/who are we addressing by kotodama since it would appear it doesn't utilize ULFE anymore.

Thanks,

Regards,

Resko

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:41 am