Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+6
papakeri
chi_solas
Rlei_ki
Milarepa
thehungrycaterpillar
Colin
10 posters

How does Reiki "work"?

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

How does Reiki "work"? Empty How does Reiki "work"?

Post by Colin Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:01 am

Hi All
    I would like to try and tie a few of the many things discussed on various other lengthy threads together and add to a theory I posited in the ULE thread
    which I think got lost in the avalanche of posts!:

Colin wrote:
    Here is a theory for discussion:
    If you include the concept of patterns of energy, which could be said to be specific groups of frequencies of energy, then a dis-eased area could be a
    disrupted pattern of energy, which is no longer vibrating (for want of a better term) at its optimal frequency to maintain its original form and
    function.
    Reiki as a harmonising energy (as Takata called it) has the ability to restore disrupted patterns back to their optimal vibratory rate. This may happen
    on its own, over a period of time, because of the indigenous or surrounding Reiki but the process may be accelerated by the presence/intention(?) of a
    Reiki practitioner. Both of these will, of course depend upon the severity of the disruption and how much time is available.
    We also have the thread of 'Moving' Reiki?
    In which
    Wayne wrote: (echoing something I had posted previously on the Reiki-4-all Refugees facebook group):
    What if 'Reiki' never moves at all, ever? What if it's merely our attention that becomes focussed, so we become aware at any one place what is always
    there?
    Would account for absent healing also, since we use essentially a call to mindfullness for it.

James, in the 'Moving Reiki' thread, also gives us a lovely translation/sense of the word Reiki as the 'effect of spirit in action'.

Now:
    If we think of Universal Energy or similar term, by definition, being everywhere and in everything it could be said to be an Energy Continuum.

Remember
    Rlei_ki wrote: wrote (back in the Concerning ULE thread):

Everything is Energy.
    Yet energy is Nothing
    - without 'Pattern'.
    It is 'Pattern' which gives energy
    Meaning & Form,
    & Influencing Expression
    in the Flow Of Life...
    Within this undifferentiated energy continuum, patterns of specific frequencies of energy arise to produce forms and the illusion of separateness.
    Within these forms are sub-patterns and groups of frequencies, which reach to varying levels of complexity depending upon the form.

It happens from time to time (possibly through the actions of other patterns of frequencies) that some of these patterns become disrupted and no longer
    vibrate at their optimal frequencies and may therefore lose some aspect of their form and/or function.

This then gives us the opportunity to see the 'effect of spirit in action' as the Reiki seeks to restore the disrupted pattern back to its optimal
    vibratory state!

How may this process happen?

If we think of the presence and/or the intention of a Reiki practitioner (a person who has been attuned to the awareness of Reiki) as being like a
    tuning fork which initiates the radiation of Reiki from their hands, eyes, feet (or wherever) this vibratory wave can move through the energy continuum
    as sound waves move through air or ripples move through water. If the Reiki practitioner is skilled in the detection of byosen they will be able to
    place their hands directly on the disrupted energy patterns, allowing a more direct or effective Reiki "treatment". If the hands are not placed directly
    on or near areas of disruption the wave of Reiki may eventually find these areas- giving rise to the idea that Reiki goes where it needs to go.

Reiki, being the movement of spirit rather than a fixed frequency has the (?divine) property of being able to create appropriate sympathetic vibrations in
    disrupted energy patterns, allowing them to eventually reach their optimal vibratory rate once more - creating a state of harmony, wholeness or healing.

In the case of absent healing, maybe the presence/intention/mindfulness of the Reiki practitioner initiates the radiation of Reiki at a non-local part
    of the energy continuum, through a process of becoming mindful of that particular energy pattern or form, Or maybe through thought and/or intention we
    can recreate a non-local disrputed energy pattern in our presence (in our mind's eye or our thigh) which is connected to the actual disrupted energy
    pattern through quantum entanglement? Shocked

Remember
    Rlei_ki wrote: According to Shakyamuni Butsu: "With our thoughts we shape our reality"
    and thus, by extension: "With our thoughts we shape our Reiki..."
    I am not saying that this is definitely what happens but just wanted to get my thoughts down as they stand at the moment and try to make some sense of
    the many interesting subjects recently under discussion.

It also gives an answer to James' original question in Post #1 of the ULE thread:
    Rlei_ki wrote:
    So,
    if ULE - Universal Life(force) Energy - is, as the name implies, Universal (i.e All-pervading; Existing or prevailing everywhere) why would anyone need to 'channel' it from somewhere to somewhere else?
    The answer being that we, as Reiki practitioners at any rate, do not 'channel' ULE from somewhere to somewhere but we may propagate waves of Spiritual Energy which move through the ULE continuum, which produces a harmonising effect which is Reiki.

Comments and further discussion are of course welcome and encouraged! Smile

I am sure there are almost as many theories of how Reiki works as there are Reiki practitioners, so this could be another long thread! Laughing

But I will have to wait until tomorrow to read them because now my head hurts and I need to sleep!
    scratch Sleep Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

How does Reiki "work"? Empty Re: How does Reiki "work"?

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:14 am

The theory you offered seems like a reasonable theory and i would buy it Very Happy

I wouldn't know if it is the truth, though! Very Happy
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:40 am

excellant topic colin!
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:22 am

Colin wrote:Now:
    If we think of Universal Energy or similar term, by definition, being everywhere and in everything it could be said to be an Energy Continuum.

"... an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together."

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:53 am

According to quantum physics, everything is connected. There is something between me & my computer monitor, for instance. besides air.

The topic makes sense. In any event, if my spark of divinity is eliciting a healing response in another, even over distance, by the very definition of 'my spark of divinity', obviously implies something greater than mine. Ergo, this spark must surely be in all living things. I don't see why it would just be humans.

In this respect at least, all living things are connected via the 'collective' divine. distance doesn't exist then, as far as Reiki & healing go.

take care
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:44 am

Milerapa. what could be between you and your computer other than air space?
    I see the air as energy are you seeing air and energy as separate or am I over looking something here.
    sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:34 am

chi_solas wrote:Milerapa. what could be between you and your computer other than air space?
    I see the air as energy are you seeing air and energy as separate or am I over looking something here.
    sunny

Quantum physics teaches there is 'something' else. over 20% of the universe as 'dark matter'. over 70% as 'dark energy'. it's only possible see around 4% of the universe directly. studies of the effect of gravity on visible objects support that both dark matter & dark energy exist.

There is something that binds all.

since all is energy, including air, i don't think i'm trying to say it's the exception to the rest of creation, hehe. Smile. Like i've pointed out already, 'energy' isn't sufficient a term to explain everything.

Also, matter can go from one place to another without moving through th eintervening space, it's called Quantum tunneling. Information is also moved instantly across vast distances. This is starting to sound familiar, hehe..

Take care
    Wayne

Last edited by Milarepa on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:55 am

I have this question,

A famous author thinks that a person who has a 'lower vibration' cannot send Reiki to a person with a 'higher vibration'! ( as in, it won't be strong enough to heal )
    For eg: A Reiki 1 can't sending Healing Reiki to a Reiki Master!?

- Is this true?

If we take Colin's theory where he explains how he thinks Reiki works, Will this statement work?

Razz

Last edited by Milarepa on Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For some reason my post posted in this one!)
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:14 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:I have this question,

A famous author thinks that a person who has a 'lower vibration' cannot send Reiki to a person with a 'higher vibration'! ( as in, it won't be strong enough to heal )
    For eg: A Reiki 1 can't sending Healing Reiki to a Reiki Master!?

- Is this true?

If we take Colin's theory where he explains how he thinks Reiki works, Will this statement work?

Razz

hiya THC,
    We don't 'send' Reiki to anyone, Smile, so fwiw, i'd disagree with the author on that for a start, Smile .

Reiki isn't like, say, Quantum touch, where i must raise my vibration to as high a so can, so the other person can entrain to that, so they heal.

In Reiki, my divine spark ellicites a response in you. that response can be relaxation, healing, whatever. This response is what Reiki is.

what is primarily to do with me is the actions, technique. What a recpient does with their experiential response is their domain. Of course, for us to perhaps access our divine spark more 'fully', if we lead a certain livestyle, etc, this also has bearing. Not so much it rasis my vibration (although it may), but it would put me in touch with the divine more.

And the more i am in touch with the divine, the deeper the experience of Reiki may be. For myself, and others.

A level 3 healer isn't necessarily 'stronger' than a level 1. At all times, Reiki does what is best needed at that time.

So, no, i for one don't agree with the author, Smile.

take care
    Wayne
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:38 am

Colin wrote:
    Now:

Hi Colin,
    'Energy continuum' is to do with doing different physical things at once, Smile.

If, you are talking about energy being continuous, this isn't correct. Although all is 'energy', energy isn't continuos. This is the first main concept of Quantum Physics. Namely, Energy is not continuous, but comes in small but discrete units.

This is why, although energy may be said to be all things, we need to further clarify that. Energy exists in quanta. that is,it's quantized, it has to exist in discrete amounts.

If energy was continuos, and object would radiate at all frequencies, and be infinitely hot.

To use a good analogy. filling a glass with water (continuos). doing the same in ice cube form (quantizied). Still Water, but it's now ice. Likewise with energy. Still energy, but... Smile

Of course, this doesn't take away from the concept all is connected. I just wanted to clarify the above though, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:44 am

hiya THC,
    We don't 'send' Reiki to anyone, Smile, so fwiw, i'd disagree with the author on that for a start, Smile .

I am actually glad to hear that!

Reiki isn't like, say, Quantum touch, where i must raise my vibration to as high a so can, so the other person can entrain to that, so they heal.

Ha, Is that they do in QT??

In Reiki, my divine spark ellicites a response in you. that response can be relaxation, healing, whatever. This response is what Reiki is.

I am listening.... Very Happy

Of course, for us to perhaps access our divine spark more 'fully', if we lead a certain livestyle, etc, this also has bearing. Not so much it rasis my vibration (although it may), but it would put me in touch with the divine more.

cheers Mucho Agreemento!

And the more i am in touch with the divine, the deeper the experience of Reiki may be. For myself, and others.

Phew, I am getting something right...atleast! Laughing

A level 3 healer isn't necessarily 'stronger' than a level 1. At all times, Reiki does what is best needed at that time.

So, no, i for one don't agree with the author, Smile.

cheers YAY!!!
    GOOD!

By the by, the Author is Carolynn Myss! ( I have not read the book, but from a reputable source..)
    affraid pale What a Face Rolling Eyes Suspect scratch
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:47 am

Of course, this doesn't take away from the concept all is connected. I just wanted to clarify the above though, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne

Dude, you are a QP geek! rabbit jocolor Laughing

( I need time to process...)

(You know that's a compliment, right?)
    Looks like Colin is one too,
    I want to be one , too!)

bounce

Last edited by thehungrycaterpillar on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:52 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:

Ha, Is that they do in QT??

Yeah, we use visualization & breathwork to get as high a vibration as we can. We visualise ULE coming up from our feet, or below it. You know, i might have the Qt manual Ebook handy, if you'd like me to email it? very easy to do, and exceptionally effective, ime, for physicial conditions.

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:
    By the by, the Author is Carolynn Myss! ( I have not read the book, but from a reputable source..)

she obviously has a different opinion than me, on how Reiki works.

take care
    Wayne

Last edited by Milarepa on Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:18 am

Yeah, we use visualization & breathwork to get as high a vibration as we can. We visualise ULE coming up from our feet, or below it. You know, i might have the Qt manual Ebook handy, if you'd like me to email it? very easy to do, and exceptionally effective, ime, for physicial conditions.

Oh Yeah, definitely!! I want to check it out...
    Thanks!!
    I'll PM my email address to you.

she obviously has a different opinion than me, on how Reiki works.
    I hope my 'source' did not misinterpret the meaning..I would be disappointed though, b'cos she is a BIG deal author!!
    confused
    papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:21 pm

Milarepa wrote:
    Colin wrote:
    Now:

Hi Colin,
    'Energy continuum' is to do with doing different physical things at once, Smile.

If, you are talking about energy being continuous, this isn't correct. Although all is 'energy', energy isn't continuos. This is the first main concept of Quantum Physics. Namely, Energy is not continuous, but comes in small but discrete units.

This is why, although energy may be said to be all things, we need to further clarify that. Energy exists in quanta. that is,it's quantized, it has to exist in discrete amounts.

If energy was continuos, and object would radiate at all frequencies, and be infinitely hot.

Wayne

Quanta aren't the be-all and end-all of physics. :-) Light can be treated as quanta of energy, or it can be treated as waves of energy. Light has both continuous wave properties and discrete quantum properties *at the same time*. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_slit_experiment

Bottom line: you're both right and you're both wrong.

Glad I could settle that. ;-)

Garry

P.S. particles/energy are/is leaping into existence and cancelling itself back out of existence constantly, everywhere. (Hope that makes things even *more* interesting....<g>)
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:55 pm

chi_solas wrote:Milerapa. what could be between you and your computer other than air space?
    sunny

chuckle... I don't think we want Wayne to be giving us quite that personal of information do we? <G> j/k
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:35 pm

papakeri wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:
    Colin wrote:
    Now:

Hi Colin,

Wayne

Quanta aren't the be-all and end-all of physics. :-) Light can be treated as quanta of energy, or it can be treated as waves of energy. Light has both continuous wave properties and discrete quantum properties *at the same time*. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_slit_experiment

Bottom line: you're both right and you're both wrong.

Glad I could settle that. ;-)

Not quite, Smile . I'm thinking your understanding of continuous waves isn't fully accurate.

papakeri wrote:[
    Quanta aren't the be-all and end-all of physics.

We'll disgree on that, they've been essential in quantum physics in order how to explain discrepancies. Smile.

Although light can indeed be both wave & particle, all light isn't the same light, and certainly isn't everywhere. Similiarly, sound also travels in waves, as does water, and neither of those two are either everywhere at once, per the subject matter of the topic.

Light travels in straight lines, unless it hits something, then it reflects. Notice i wrote 'travels'. It isn't everywhere at once. It travels at 299,792,458 m per sec in vacuum.

a 'wave' is simply travelling energy. And since light doesn't need anything in order to travel through,that is, it can travel through a vacuum.

We can regard light as continuous waves as light waves come in a continuous variety of sizes, frequencies and energies. We refer to this continuum as the electromagnetic spectrum. This is what is continuous. It's not that it's universal, as in all-pervading, Smile .

However, at the submicroscopic level, light is also quanta. The little packets that make up light are called photons. This is why all light isn't everywhere at once. It has defined borders.

So, although it has continuous properties, light is not continuous, as in everywhere at once. Light is a form of energy that travels in waves, Smile

take care
    Wayne
    papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:33 pm

I will stipulate as to the general truth of what you have stated. However:

Milarepa wrote:
    We can regard light as continuous waves as light waves come in a continuous variety of sizes, frequencies and energies. We refer to this continuum as the electromagnetic spectrum. This is what is continuous. It's not that it's universal, as in all-pervading, Smile .

However, at the submicroscopic level, light is also quanta. The little packets that make up light are called photons. This is why all light isn't everywhere at once. It has defined borders.

So, although it has continuous properties, light is not continuous, as in everywhere at once. Light is a form of energy that travels in waves, Smile

take care
    Wayne

Then it should be easy for you to show me a volume of space that does not contain any electromagnetic radiation of any sort whatsoever? tongue (Yes, I know the difference between "continuous" and "continuum", it's just that as a Libra, I like to play Devil's Advocate Twisted Evil )

Garry
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:53 pm

papakeri wrote:I will stipulate as to the general truth of what you have stated. However:

Milarepa wrote:

take care
    Wayne

Then it should be easy for you to show me a volume of space that does not contain any electromagnetic radiation of any sort whatsoever? tongue (Yes, I know the difference between "continuous" and "continuum", it's just that as a Libra, I like to play Devil's Advocate Twisted Evil )

Garry

Hehe, all electromagnetic radiation isn't light. It's of course possible to create a room in which light, as in visible spectrum, is non-existent. So, in that volume of spcae, light isn't there. Anyhow, all light isn't the same light. Like all energy isn't the same energy.

I can't however, 'show' you a volume of space with no EMR. As this includes radio waves, microwaves, UV light, X-ray, gamma ray. not saying it can or can't be done, i just dunno. so, if that's what you're asking of me, i can't sorry, hehe, Smile .

Take care
    Wayne
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:08 am

papakeri wrote: it's just that as a Libra, I like to play Devil's Advocate Twisted Evil )

As a devout Libran myself, I hope you're not trying to imply that playing "Devil's Advocate" is a common Libran trait?

Laughing
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:12 am

Milarepa wrote:
    I can't however, 'show' you a volume of space with no EMR. As this includes radio waves, microwaves, UV light, X-ray, gamma ray.

Hi Wayne

Just to sidetrack a little, where in the spectrum of electromagnetic frequencies does the human resonance sit?

papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:14 am

Wayne, just playing with technicalities. Smile At any given moment, particles and their antiparticles are being created from the void and being destroyed back into the void from which they came everywhere in the universe. So you can't guarantee zero photons in any given volume of space no matter what you do. If it's not too much for a lazy Sunday, you might want to browse:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_point_energy

Love and Light,

Garry
    papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:17 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    papakeri wrote: it's just that as a Libra, I like to play Devil's Advocate Twisted Evil )

As a devout Libran myself, I hope you're not trying to imply that playing "Devil's Advocate" is a common Libran trait?

Laughing

LOL! Pot...kettle...black! Smile
    papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:20 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:
    I can't however, 'show' you a volume of space with no EMR. As this includes radio waves, microwaves, UV light, X-ray, gamma ray.

Hi Wayne

Just to sidetrack a little, where in the spectrum of electromagnetic frequencies does the human resonance sit?

I would speculate that a good chunk of it sits within the range of the Schumann Resonance. However, I reiterate, this is sheer speculation off the top of my head.

Love and Light,

Garry
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:29 am

papakeri wrote:Wayne, just playing with technicalities. Smile At any given moment, particles and their antiparticles are being created from the void and being destroyed back into the void from which they came everywhere in the universe. So you can't guarantee zero photons in any given volume of space no matter what you do. If it's not too much for a lazy Sunday, you might want to browse:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_point_energy

Love and Light,

Garry

Valid point. Within science, particularly quantum physics, no-one can guaranteee much, it's all largely theoretical.

I can't guaranteee zero photons no, but one photon does not make visable light, and all photons are also not light. They are also the other things within EMR. Like i just pointed out earlier, i can't say i can make a space with no EMR, i.e. photons in it.

If we were in a place totally devioid of light, our eyes are able to see single photons. yet, it would be dark, as far as the visible spectrum is concerned.

a photon wil behave like a wave when observed, but, when we try to measure it, it behaves like a particle, hence, it has defined borders within quanta. that's how one bit starts and ends, Smile .

take care
    Wayne

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:37 am