Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Blood pressure

Serenelight

Blood pressure Empty Blood pressure

Post by Serenelight Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:55 pm

got leaflet from stall reiki lady said not use it for people with high blood pressure but I thought reiki lowers blood pressure?

Also pacemakers too? coudlnt reiki be done avoiding the chest area?

Serenelight confused flower
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Blood pressure Empty Re: Blood pressure

Post by chi_solas Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:04 am

I would use Reiki to help lower my blood pressure
    If I had a pace maker I would also use Reiki. I have
    found Reiki to be a relaxing/calming method for people
    with /anxieties/panic attacks/blood pressure and more.
    Serenelight

Post by Serenelight Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:22 pm

Thats what I thought re blood pressure so will use it. reiki does no harm!thanks for replying.

Serenelight Smile
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:21 pm

namaste,
    i use to have high b.p. 150/90 or 100. after coming into reiki it is a cool 120/80 and even the doctors ask tell me that i must be into meditation or something to have such a good b.p. ratio. Smile so reiki really helps those with high b.p. and also those with low b.p.

i wouldnot know about pacemakers, but i think those heart patients with stents also receive reiki. i think you can give reiki to other areas and avoid the pacemaker area if you feel that reiki may interfere with its working.
    Serenelight

Post by Serenelight Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:56 pm

my blood pressure on sat was 150/90 oops too high but then i had been travelling in train and walking round in the veggie show so the lady said might be that bu need to see my gp. but i will try reiki as well... thanks for that renukakkar..

serenelight Smile
    cohav
    cohav

Post by cohav Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:50 pm

Reiki balance your blood pressure to 120/80 so I dont see the problem to use Reiki for
    blood pressure :]

Last edited by cohav on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:44 am

There are studies that demonstrate that Reiki does help lower blood pressure. Here's a good Discovery Health article that talks about it:

http://health.discovery.com/centers/althealth/reiki/reiki.html

I have a client who had to have major open heart surgery done several months ago. He had bypass surgery and received a mechanical mitral valve. You can actually hear the valve opening and closing, like a metronome and it does speed up/slow down. (I did Reiki on him the other day and it was like having his heart beating in my head.) I worked on him in the ICU, in his hospital room and at home while he was recovering. There has not been any adverse effects from working on him. He found it so helpful, especially for pain relief from surgery. So I don't buy that it's dangerous to do Reiki on someone who has a pacemaker. Our hearts naturally function using electrical energetic impulses!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:19 am

Dragonfly wrote:There are studies that demonstrate that Reiki does help lower blood pressure. Here's a good Discovery Health article that talks about it:

http://health.discovery.com/centers/althealth/reiki/reiki.html

I have a client who had to have major open heart surgery done several months ago. He had bypass surgery and received a mechanical mitral valve. You can actually hear the valve opening and closing, like a metronome and it does speed up/slow down. (I did Reiki on him the other day and it was like having his heart beating in my head.) I worked on him in the ICU, in his hospital room and at home while he was recovering. There has not been any adverse effects from working on him. He found it so helpful, especially for pain relief from surgery. So I don't buy that it's dangerous to do Reiki on someone who has a pacemaker. Our hearts naturally function using electrical energetic impulses!

Dragonfly: Thanks for sharing.Great work at the hospital!!

Dr Benson is a good source ......

Herbert Benson, M.D., is the Director Emeritus of the Benson-Henry Institute (BHI), and Mind/Body Medical Institute Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School.

A graduate of Wesleyan University and the Harvard Medical School, Dr. Benson is the author or co-author of more than 180 scientific publications and 11 books:

The Relaxation Response, 1975

The Mind/Body Effect, 1979

Beyond the Relaxation Response, 1984

Your Maximum Mind, 1987

The Wellness Book, 1992

Timeless Healing: The Power and Biology of Belief, 1996

The Relaxation Response - Updated and Expanded

(25th Anniversary Edition), 2000

The Breakout Principle, 2003

Mind Over Menopause, 2004

Mind Your Heart, 2004

The Harvard Medical School Guide to Lowering Your Blood Pressure, 2006

More than five million copies of his books have been printed in many languages.

Dr. Benson is a pioneer in mind/body medicine, one of the first Western physicians to bring spirituality and healing into medicine. In his 35+ year career, he has defined the relaxation response and continues to lead teaching and research into its efficacy in counteracting the harmful effects of stress. The recipient of numerous national and international awards, Dr. Benson lectures widely about mind/body medicine and the BHI's work. His expertise is frequently sought by national and international news media, and he appears in scores of newspapers, magazines, and television programs each year. Dr. Benson's research extends from the laboratory to the clinic to Asian field expeditions. His work serves as a bridge between medicine and religion, East and West, mind and body, and belief and science.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:58 pm