Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+9
Pachamama
LuvSoulJah
marty
Lambs-Wool
LightBody
chi_solas
Colin
papakeri
Milarepa
13 posters

What's your primary reason for being involved in Reiki?

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

What's your primary reason for being involved in Reiki? Empty What's your primary reason for being involved in Reiki?

Post by Milarepa Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:36 am

Initially for me, it was out of healing. Now, to be honest, i don't feel complete without it. It grounds me quite a lot. It'd be cool to hear some of your own personal reasons.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    papakeri
    papakeri

What's your primary reason for being involved in Reiki? Empty Re: What's your primary reason for being involved in Reiki?

Post by papakeri Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:02 am

I was hooked into Reiki by virtue of "accidentally" (there are no accidents) being in the right place at the right time, combined with a large helping of natural curiosity. Although the healing facilitation aspect is certainly a great to have, personally, I just can't imagine life without the comfort and centeredness and groundedness that both self-reiki treatment and repeating the precepts bring.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

What's your primary reason for being involved in Reiki? Empty Re: What's your primary reason for being involved in Reiki?

Post by Colin Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:31 am

My primary reason for being involved in the practice of Reiki is connection: physical and social, by conducting Reiki sessions, classes, sharing and chatting to other Reiki practitioners - but also spiritual connection: a sense of connection with something beyond the physical, which is also a component of Reiki sessions but also attunements, meditations and absent healing.

By connection, I don't mean that there is a sense some something separate connecting but a realisation and greater awareness of the connection that already exists.
    Smile

Also, for the balance that the practice of Reiki brings to mind, body and life in general!

Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:48 am

ahh, this is a little exciting! We're seeing here a common theme developing.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:17 pm

Reiki came to me during my healing journey,
    I was discovering many alternative healing
    tools at that time.

Six months after I was healed I was drawn
    to Reiki & became a Reiki practitioner and
    moved on to RMT level.What's your primary reason for being involved in Reiki? 850837

It is now part of my personal daily practice
    along with the 5 principals. Reiki keeps me
    balanced,harmonized & healthy. I enjoy
    facilitating and teaching Reiki. sunny
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:52 am

The reasons for my being involved have changed over the years. It's not that one reason was ever wrong or lesser in importance in another, but simply because I have changed so tremendously with the passage of time and experience.

In the beginning (1993), I was involved in Reiki because a friend beckoned me to do so;
    A few years later it was because the energy I experienced when providing treatments and attunements was undoubtedly the purest healing energy I had ever encountered in my life;
    Later it was because I was called to teach Reiki;
    Later it was because I was teaching Reiki;
    Later it was because I was writing about Reiki;
    Later it was because I was gaining a much greater understanding of myself;
    Today (2011), it is simply because it is what I do.

Throughout all of those changes and within all of those reasons, a silent reason has prevailed: My greatest desire is to help others awaken to themselves, to discover the pure healing light that is already within their heart.

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:47 pm

Great thread Smile

reiki involved me as i kept learning it about. eversince i m not active in reiki daily, i m feeling a big vacuum.

in short, "reiki completes me" Smile

take care

salman
    marty
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by marty Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:26 pm

I initially Started out of curiosity and a searching for something spiritual, something real, mystical communion. My searching stopped with Reiki and meditation.

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:00 am

KInda curious Marty, do you view Reiki as internal or external practice?
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:06 am

I got involved with Reiki some 10 years ago. It began with remote healing as I was in isolation in hospital with meningitis... I did not know what it was at the time but I was aware of some kind of presence... Well I was hooked lol (Reiki as an addiction Smile now there's one to ponder about hehe... well now that I think about it the way the people that have experienced Reiki through me keep asking me for more haha does that make me some kinda dealer!? LOL My primary reason for being involved in Reiki put simply : I love it! cheers
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:11 am

admit it... yer all REIKIHOLICS !! lol! drunken
    marty
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

What's your primary reason for being involved in Reiki? Empty reiki internal or external

Post by marty Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:47 am

I think Reiki is both for me but it always starts as internal. It is so transformitive. It allows you to realize that magic is real... and this magic is you and within you. It is beautiful bright and so joyous. It is what you truly are if you do not dwell in the awareness of the personality. It is what we all are. Beautiful bright joyous awareness. Free from thought, free from attachment. And what makes it even more wonderful. This awareness of what we are can be shared with others. So I would say the internal aspect allows us to experience ourselves as we truly are and the external aspect allows us to share this awareness with others. Through this we are all healed.

What else could we ask for...?

Internal or external? More thoughts on this topic?
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:54 am

Is there an internal and external on a spiritual level? Pure awareness - our true essence!... everything is everything. One
    marty
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by marty Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:51 pm

It's as if we journey into a dark basement within ourselves. It is a place we have never gone before. It's dark and dirty but we start to bring things out and get rid of them. As we continue to clear this place out we realize that it is massive. Eternal and as things clear out it becomes beautiful and bright. We begin to realize that we love to dwell in this place. The more we dwell in it the more beautiful it becomes until eventually it becomes where we live all the time.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Excellant input guys. I'm just at the tail-end of a late nighter, was watching Tron Legacy, so am feeling kinda freaky, hehe.

Is their an outward aspect of mediation Ben? re: spirituality.

Marty, does Reiki change, or even effect anything external. Or is it change happens within, and our perception makes things appear to outwardly change?

Just generating chat. I'll split this into a new topic tomorrow. Unless someone beats me too it, hehe.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:49 pm

marty wrote:I think Reiki is both for me but it always starts as internal. It is so transformitive. It allows you to realize that magic is real... and this magic is you and within you. It is beautiful bright and so joyous. It is what you truly are if you do not dwell in the awareness of the personality. It is what we all are. Beautiful bright joyous awareness. Free from thought, free from attachment. And what makes it even more wonderful. This awareness of what we are can be shared with others. So I would say the internal aspect allows us to experience ourselves as we truly are and the external aspect allows us to share this awareness with others. Through this we are all healed.

What else could we ask for...?

Excellent! Very Happy
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue May 10, 2011 11:54 pm

....for inciting spiritual awareness and awakening in myself and offering that same opportunity to others.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed May 11, 2011 12:29 am

You sound familiar.... Smile
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Wed May 11, 2011 4:06 am

yup, tis I, Shakti~ Sharon.... Very Happy Tried to log in with my old name, but couldn't remember my password, plus I have a different server and email address now, so I changed my username....different name, same gal. Twisted Evil
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Wed May 11, 2011 4:16 am

Welcome back!
    pathway_wellness
    pathway_wellness
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by pathway_wellness Wed May 11, 2011 4:27 am

I initially started my Reiki training as a way to help heal my pets post-surgery, but now I continue Reiki because it is a wonderful meditation and energetic practice. It helps keeps my personal energy rejuvenated and clear!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am

Pachamama wrote:yup, tis I, Shakti~ Sharon.... different name, same gal. Twisted Evil

Great to see ya back! Until we next disagree, hehe. Only Joking, Smile

pathway_wellness wrote:I initially started my Reiki training as a way to help heal my pets post-surgery, but now I continue Reiki because it is a wonderful meditation and energetic practice. It helps keeps my personal energy rejuvenated and clear!

Welcome to the forum! you're trained by Taggart, an excellant teacher!

Can i ask one thing please? We've a requirement that folks who use our facility of showing their own website link, place our link somewhere also. Could you do that please?

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Jem
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Jem Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:57 am

I started Reiki out of curiosity because I was selling healing crystals online and it became quite apparent that most of my customers were Reiki practitioners. I took a Reiki Level I and II course and immediately realized that this was the spiritual path I have been looking for. It has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I will be taking the Reiki Master Level course this fall.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:20 am

excellant Jem, welcome to the forum!
    dharmabytes
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by dharmabytes Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:27 am

You know, when I try to think back, I can't remember exactly how I got into Reiki. I remember I was researching medicinal herbs back in 2006 and was looking into some online courses for that and I think that's how I happened onto a Reiki course and signed up for it and completed Reiki Level I online. I was already practicing a mixture of Western Buddhism, Christianity, Gnosticism and Animism (I know that's a mouthful), so Reiki fit in very well with my varied beliefs. I did Reiki Level II later and am working on Level III now. I'd had an interest in the healing field for a long time and have used herbs since the late 70's for my personal use. So as far as why I initially got into Reiki, I was drawn to it as a healing method because I wanted to help people.

What I didn't realize at the time I had my first attunement was that it would lead me on a spiritual journey, even more intense than my initial journey with Buddhism. I left Reiki briefly for 2 years and I agree with Salman. I felt a big vacuum, a "Dark Night of the Soul," if you will. That went on for two years. Then I had what you would call a spontaneous spiritual awakening again in December 2010, this time of a Christian flavor and was eventually led back to doing Reiki. I just went back to practicing this July and am slowly starting to feel centered and at peace with life again.

So while Reiki started out as a healing modality for me, it has ended up being a spiritual path in combination with Buddhism and Christianity. One thing that I am a little angry about (I know, I know - "Just for today...") is that my first Reiki teachers did not tell me that Reiki was for life, that once attuned you cannot just "leave" Reiki. Hence, the "void" when I'm not practicing. I also didn't know that when you leave Reiki for a long time the energy channels that have been opened by attunement can get clogged wreaking havoc in your life physically and emotionally. So, I agree with LuvSoulJah that, in a sense, Reiki can be an addiction, although a good addiction.

So, to me, Reiki is like any other spiritual path you undertake. You keep a little of each spiritual method with you for life, a sort of individual blend of spiritual practice and that's what makes each teacher a little different. Reiki is now definitely a spiritual path for me, not just a healing modality. I hope by looking at it as that, that I'm not diluting the original intent Usui Sensei had for Reiki.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:18 pm