Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
Dokasan
chi_solas
makar
7 posters

Different Reiki, their attunements and which Reiki to start with?

makar
    makar
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Different Reiki, their attunements and which Reiki to start with? Empty Different Reiki, their attunements and which Reiki to start with?

Post by makar Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:24 am

There are so many Reiki I have read about like Kundalini Reiki, Usui Reiki, Dolphin Reiki, Dragon Reiki, Violet-Flmae Reiki.....list is endless.

•> What is the different between all these?
    •> All these use the universal energy for healing, right?
    •> If they all use the same energy source then where is the difference between all of them?
    •> With which should I start with considering:
    1. Have no experience working with energy.
    2. I want to raise my Kundalini, so has Kundalini Reiki anything to do with it?
    •> Do I have to complete master level on one Reiki type before starting another Reiki type?

♦️> What does attunement do? Give energy to all the chakras? Open them? Or what?
    ♦️> What is the difference between attunement for different Reiki types? How differently do they act on chakras?

You see I have a lot of questions regarding this....curious bounce

Different Reiki, their attunements and which Reiki to start with? 307123 Very Happy
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Different Reiki, their attunements and which Reiki to start with? Empty Re: Different Reiki, their attunements and which Reiki to start with?

Post by chi_solas Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:23 am

Makar, Welcome to Reiki Learning Lounge. cheers

Excellent posting Different Reiki, their attunements and which Reiki to start with? 850837
    Dokasan
    Dokasan

Different Reiki, their attunements and which Reiki to start with? Empty Re: Different Reiki, their attunements and which Reiki to start with?

Post by Dokasan Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:22 am

Hi Makar,
    agreed excellent questions.

Personally, if I was interested in learning Kundalini yoga I would go to a Kundalini instructor for education. This way I would know all the do's, don'ts and precautions.
    For instruction in Reiki - research teachers who teach the basic Usui style.

Then when you are well grounded and profficient in the basics check out the other forms. At least then you will have a good knowledge base to choose if other styles are right for you.

Good luck on your journey.
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Well I'm just as confused as you are makar about the various 'styles' of Reiki out there..I had no idea how many there were, I've been practicing Reiki for many years.....and it's only now I'm starting to realise there's a strange Reiki maize in our world. My advice would be to ensure that what ever Reiki 'style' you choose ( or more importantly feel drawn to) can trace it's lineage back to Mikao Usui. The founder. Very Happy

But that said for all I know all these strangely named 'styles' out there can perhaps trace their lineage back to usui too....?!? but if that is the case, then I would assume that somewhere down that particular lineage, someone 'deviated' from the lineages teachings and devised their own style...and called it little green man Reiki. alien

skyzthelimit16
    skyzthelimit16

Post by skyzthelimit16 Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:07 am

For a beginner, I would recommend Usei Reiki or Kundalini Reiki. All these systems are the same energy, just different ways of thinking about them. I started with Usei reiki first degree, but was unsatisfied so I tried Kundalini Reiki and love it!
    ElliottB
    ElliottB

Post by ElliottB Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:08 am

Namaste!...

That is some good advice!, I am beginning to beleive that no mater what I do in the end I am going to start with Usui because I beleive it was the precursor and the most fundamental, if I feel a need to go on beyond that then I will.

Elliott
    water flower

Post by water flower Tue May 29, 2012 1:05 pm

I started with Usui Level 1 & 2, then I found Reiki Tummo.

I did a free Usui attunements and I really didn't know what to do with it. I do know that I did a session with my mom b4 she passed on in which I focused on my heart and the love I have for God and it was the best session ever. Then I found Reiki Tummo and took those classes.

The attunements are different for both. Usui generally opens to heart chakra, while Reiki Tummo opens straight down and connects to Earth. In RT2, the kundalini core is opened. From my experience as a student, it's really about connecting through the heart (which everyone can do) because Source is love and we only feel love through our hearts. It's about the practice of connecting to this love properly and letting Source to share it with others. I don't use symbols anymore.

I can't say much for other systems though. I do have to admit, when I focus on the heart, it's much nicer, joyful, deeper and a more beautiful experience. Sometimes, I have my bad moments and cry a lot or scream or curse someone, but it's then followed with love and joy. You can't go wrong following the feelings of love from deep within the heart.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 pm