Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

over salivating when giving treatments??

hedgewitch
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

over salivating when giving treatments?? Empty over salivating when giving treatments??

Post by hedgewitch Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:53 am

hi there, sorry, i know this gonna sound a bit crazy but its something ive always wondered about but never asked. ive been attuned for nearly 4 years now and every time i give others a treatment i seem to produce alot of saliva and have to keep swallowing! this never happens to me, only when giving reiki treatments. im just curious to see if this happens to anyone else or if im slowly going mad! lol.

also does anyone else have things happen to them when the good stuff starts flowing? i sometimes pick up things in people by feelings in my own body. for example, my leg starts tingling or feeling strange and when i ask them at the end of the session if they have had any kind of injury to their leg, i normally get told that there was an old break there or something. sometimes i pick up emotions too. i was giving reiki to a friend once and as i came nearer to her heart chakra i felt a deep urge to cry! (im proud to say i kept it in! lol) and afterwards without me saying a word, she said "my gosh! when you had your hands here [chest] my eyes started watering like mad!" i dont understand what was brought up that day for her but reiki continues to amaze me everyday, and i love it dearly Smile

anyway, enough of my rambling. its nearly 1:00am new years day and my bed is calling me....

so happy new year everyone

namaste x
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

over salivating when giving treatments?? Empty Re: over salivating when giving treatments??

Post by chi_solas Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:34 pm

salivating hmmm from a metaphysic
    point of view...........

What is it that you are swallowing? scratch
    could be your holding back your thoughts over salivating when giving treatments?? 850837
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

over salivating when giving treatments?? Empty Re: over salivating when giving treatments??

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:14 am

Lovely read Smile

although oneness and connected feelings are mostly attributed to HSZSN albeit a call for mindfulness, nevertheless the foremost symbol (CKR) produces similar effects in 'in-person' treatments too... when you get connected to your patient/client, you start feeling what she might be feeling...

well, there is nothing to worry except that you are carried away with these feelings more than required Smile as many of us have learnt, you'll gradually learn the art of 'compassionate detachment' where we are compassionate about the person/reiki experience, instead of compassionate about bringing in a required result.

and one useful hint : since reiki practitioner is also undergoing healing herself during treatments, the symptoms might be exclusively due to your own baggage being shed off... this is beauty of reiki treatments... we treat ourselves while treating others Smile

take care

salman
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:41 am

hedgewitch wrote:

also does anyone else have things happen to them when the good stuff starts flowing? i sometimes pick up things in people by feelings in my own body. for example, my leg starts tingling or feeling strange and when i ask them at the end of the session if they have had any kind of injury to their leg, i normally get told that there was an old break there or something. sometimes i pick up emotions too. i was giving reiki to a friend once and as i came nearer to her heart chakra i felt a deep urge to cry! (im proud to say i kept it in! lol) and afterwards without me saying a word, she said "my gosh! when you had your hands here [chest] my eyes started watering like mad!" i dont understand what was brought up that day for her but reiki continues to amaze me everyday, and i love it dearly Smile

anyway, enough of my rambling. its nearly 1:00am new years day and my bed is calling me....

so happy new year everyone

namaste x

Hi hedgewitch

Feeling sensations and emotions in your own body when treating another person can also just be your way of sensing byosen (build-ups of toxins or areas of energetic imbalance) that other practitioners may perceive in their hands as heat, tingling coolness etc. It is nothing to worry about and can be a useful indicator of where to place your hands. Remember that although you may feel these things in your own body they are just indicators - you are not taking on any symptoms or emotion from the other person. The sensations will likely stop or die down as soon as you remove your hands (sometimes you may need to shake your hands or place your hands in gassho (prayer position) and re-centre yourself before continuing). Above all do not worry! Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:49 am