Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

Interview with Alice Langholt

chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Interview with Alice Langholt

Post by chi_solas on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:54 am

1.Alice, can you tell us a bit about yourself, your background with Reiki, who you trained with and what service you provide now?

I'm "just a regular person" who learned Reiki and discovered the extraordinary within me. I learned Usui Reiki first, introduced to it by a parent of my oldest daughter's school friend. I was interested, but didn't feel much with Usui Reiki level 1. For a year and a half, I thought I must not be very good at it. Then, I went back to my teacher and asked if there was more to this. She said yes, level 2 is much stronger, and convinced me to learn more. Shortly after my level 2 attunement I started feeling tingles in my hands. I didn't even understand that this was the energy until my teacher told me. In fact, she had never really taught me to understand how people sense energy. I had a lot to learn. Once I got the connection between the tingles and the energy flowing, I was thirsty to learn more. Three months later I took the Master/Teacher training for Usui Reiki at Ursuline College with Sister Ann Winters. I became active on the RLL forum around that time and started my blog, ReikiAwakening.blogspot.com to find others to learn from and with. I was especially fascinated with distance Reiki, and joined the Distance Healing Network (www.the-dhn.com). I'm now the DHN Recruiter and a Group Leader. A few months after my RMT attunement, I heard about Kundalini Reiki, did some research about it and decided to learn it. I was thrilled with the idea that there was a Reiki system without designated symbols or hand positions - it felt very organic and free to me. I'm not a person who likes a lot of ritual. I loved KR, and worked with the energy a lot. I attuned a dozen people to KR for free, in exchange for feedback. I found the manual to be lacking in clarity though, and was writing very long emails trying to clarify and explain it. At that time, there were 9 attunements to KR. I attuned all 12 people 9 times each over a couple months. Every single attunement worked, was felt, and was effective. At that point, Ole Gabrielsen (founder of KR) "upgraded the system" to three attunements only. I received the new Master attunement and started charging for KR attunements. I also rewrote the manual to make it easier to understand. After a couple years of teaching KR by distance and locally, I started volunteering as a Reiki healer at The Cleveland Clinic. As I talked about KR, I was told that the word "Kundalini" was too weird for people. I said it may as well be called Practical Reiki, and that went over well. I decided to write a new manual and simplify the system to become Practical Reiki. The manual became a book, my book Practical Reiki (http://practicalreiki.org), which is a book about Reiki that's different from any other, and the manual for the new system. By the way, Ole gave his blessing to me to make this adaptation. It's about making Reiki accessible to anyone, and removing the mystery. Now I run an online school of intuitive development, the Reiki Awakening Academy http://reikiawakeningacademy.com . We opened in September 2011 and have 100 students and 12 teachers, and a full calendar year of classes, plus a Holistic Studies program.

2. How would you interpret the word 'Reiki'?

Guided Life Force Energy

3. What do you think is happening in a Reiki session?

The practitioner is facilitating the recipient's ability to receive the healing s/he is ready to receive.

4. What do you think is happening, at a basic level, in a Reiki attunement/initiation/reiju?

Great question. The recipient is intending to receive, as the initiator intends to pass on, a direct connection to the Reiki energy, as one might digitally program a radio to receive a specific station.

5. Do you think Reiki can be used to help situations and inanimate objects as well as living things?

Absolutely.

6. Reiki is now becoming popular within the medical system. What role do you believe Reiki plays in the traditional medical system?

A complement and in some cases, an alternative. I spent a year seeing first hand how Reiki could relieve pain and anxiety for patients in extreme distress in the hospital where their pain meds were not doing the job. I think the medical establishment needs to take this seriously, and treat it with respect. I feel that will happen when Reiki practitioners are paid staff in hospitals rather than volunteers.

7. Distant Reiki and permission has always been a topic with many pros & cons what's your view on this given natural disasters, such as the earthquake in Haiti and Chile?

In case of disasters, send. Use the "cover your butt" method and say may this energy be received by all who are open to receiving it, and may it otherwise go to the Earth for healing.

8. Many Reiki practitioners say you can go back into the past and heal it. What's your take on this issue?

Sending healing to the past helps with the effects the past trauma has had on the present life of the individual. It doesn't change the past, but heals the emotional cord between that event and the person, much as it might a Karmic tie between people.

9. Have you had any notable experiences concerning Reiki that you could tell us about?

Yes, I introduced Reiki to a woman who had a miraculous recovery from cancer and chronic pain because she went on to receive weekly Reiki sessions from a local practitioner in her area. Four months later, she was completely better and started learning Reiki herself. She tells her story here: http://youtu.be/7DZ7g2ExidM

10. Can you describe your relationship with Reiki, and how it's affected you?

Reiki gave me a spiritual connection I never had - a tangible, physical connection to spiritual energy. It was powerful and profound enough of a shift to change my life completely. I realized my journey has led me to this place where I now am on my path to show others what I discovered - how learning Reiki can improve your life and that of those you touch.

11. Do you feel that Reiki needs standard guidelines across the board for practitioners to obtain certification?

I believe that Reiki Master Teachers need to model and teach Reiki ethics in their practice. That's more important than any standardization.

12. Is there anything that I/we have not asked that you find is important when talking about Reiki?

The most important things to know are Intention and Attention - Intend for the energy to start and do whatever the goal is (self healing, the healing that is needed, relieve pain, whatever), and then simply pay attention to what is happening. Get out of the way enough to let the energy go where the person receives it.

13. What are your hopes & aspirations for the future of Reiki?

For Reiki to become commonly practiced, and for all to embrace the Reiki Principles. Bringing light to the world for ourselves and each other - growing a spiritual connection through practice that values all life and peace. *Sigh.*

http://www.reiki-support.com
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Re: Interview with Alice Langholt

Post by Milarepa on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:35 am

Many thanks for sharing this Alice!

Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Alice I'm impressed at the great Reiki
    strides you have made in such a short
    time. bounce bounce bounce

Thanks for sharing some of your Reiki
    insights. I love the name Practical
    Reiki

Much continued success ~ Bridget

http://www.reiki-support.com
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Wonderful answers, Alice! Thanks for taking part!

Smile

Reiki: pure & simple

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/reiki.colin/reiki.htm
    http://www.facebook.com/reiki.pureandsimple

The divine is not something high above us. It is in heaven, it is in earth, it is inside us. (Morihei Ueshiba)

Reiki is what happens when you make friends with the Universe! (Colin)

Ki flows, Reiki glows! (Colin)

Alice
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Alice on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:21 am

Thank you so much for including me. I'm honored to be listed with great names of influential people I admire, such as James Deacon. I hope that Reiki can become a household name and do my best to make it accessible to everyone.

Love and light to all,
    Alice

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:19 am