Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

2 Special Experiences- Attunement and Animal Sensitivity to Reiki

Hadzi
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

2 Special Experiences- Attunement and Animal Sensitivity to Reiki Empty 2 Special Experiences- Attunement and Animal Sensitivity to Reiki

Post by Hadzi Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Hello,

As a newbie I wanted to share my first encounter with Reiki after my first Reiki I course. To be honest, I went open-minded but a bit skeptical. It is amazing how much we are conditioned to judge, classify and be cautious to the unknown. Researching Reiki on Wikipedia didnt help much either. I happily paid for the course and didn´t sense anything strange about our teacher but I was on the look out any red flags.

Once we started the course I could immediately sense the Reiki master´s authentic desire to share this special gift with the class and join her on this special journey of personal enlightenment in her unique style with zero ego and nothing but genuine care.

During the course she mentioned how Reiki can be used on plants, animals and objects. She talked about their cat that could would act very strange whenever Reiki was being practiced and the cat would lie belly up to receive it. She even had to keep the cat separated from the classroom on another floor to not disturb the classes.

Anyway, my first special experience came during the attunement when she placed her hand on my shoulder. I physically felt like there was a hot wax (in a warm pleasurable way) that was stuck on the top of my head like a sticker. As my eyes were closed I was confused when I could hear our teacher walk to the other side of the room and out of reach to place to physically contact me. When the session ended I still felt the warm, tingled sensation on top of my head. I reached to feel if there was something placed on my head but there was nothing there but the warm spot.

My second special experience came when the entire class did group Reiki on me. I had never received Reiki before the course so I was one of the Guinea Pigs. After being covered by 14 hands like a warm blanket, I was focusing on breathing so I could relax which was actually difficult for me thinking that 7 people were concentrating on me for the next 5 minutes like I was on the center of a stage. Within 30 seconds, the cat (which was on another floor and in another room) started meowing like crazy for the first time in the entire afternoon after hours of classroom. The cat calmed down and coincidentally did the exact same meowing routine when we began group Reiki on the second student.

Even to the skeptical mind this was simply amazing and I am looking forward to sharing any other special experiences during the next 3 weeks.

I would like some more insight about my attunement experience and the sensations felt. Is this quite normal or is the attunement experience unique to everyone?

All the best, Hadzi

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

2 Special Experiences- Attunement and Animal Sensitivity to Reiki Empty Re: 2 Special Experiences- Attunement and Animal Sensitivity to Reiki

Post by chi_solas Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:57 pm

Hadzi wrote:Hello,

As a newbie I wanted to share my first encounter with Reiki after my first Reiki I course. To be honest, I went open-minded but a bit skeptical. It is amazing how much we are conditioned to judge, classify and be cautious to the unknown. Researching Reiki on Wikipedia didnt help much either. I happily paid for the course and didn´t sense anything strange about our teacher but I was on the look out any red flags.

Once we started the course I could immediately sense the Reiki master´s authentic desire to share this special gift with the class and join her on this special journey of personal enlightenment in her unique style with zero ego and nothing but genuine care.

During the course she mentioned how Reiki can be used on plants, animals and objects. She talked about their cat that could would act very strange whenever Reiki was being practiced and the cat would lie belly up to receive it. She even had to keep the cat separated from the classroom on another floor to not disturb the classes.

Anyway, my first special experience came during the attunement when she placed her hand on my shoulder. I physically felt like there was a hot wax (in a warm pleasurable way) that was stuck on the top of my head like a sticker. As my eyes were closed I was confused when I could hear our teacher walk to the other side of the room and out of reach to place to physically contact me. When the session ended I still felt the warm, tingled sensation on top of my head. I reached to feel if there was something placed on my head but there was nothing there but the warm spot.

My second special experience came when the entire class did group Reiki on me. I had never received Reiki before the course so I was one of the Guinea Pigs. After being covered by 14 hands like a warm blanket, I was focusing on breathing so I could relax which was actually difficult for me thinking that 7 people were concentrating on me for the next 5 minutes like I was on the center of a stage. Within 30 seconds, the cat (which was on another floor and in another room) started meowing like crazy for the first time in the entire afternoon after hours of classroom. The cat calmed down and coincidentally did the exact same meowing routine when we began group Reiki on the second student.

Even to the skeptical mind this was simply amazing and I am looking forward to sharing any other special experiences during the next 3 weeks.

I would like some more insight about my attunement experience and the sensations felt. Is this quite normal or is the attunement experience unique to everyone?

All the best, Hadzi

2 Special Experiences- Attunement and Animal Sensitivity to Reiki 85412 Hadzi cheers

What a wonderful Reiki experience sunny
    2 Special Experiences- Attunement and Animal Sensitivity to Reiki 471984
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

2 Special Experiences- Attunement and Animal Sensitivity to Reiki Empty Re: 2 Special Experiences- Attunement and Animal Sensitivity to Reiki

Post by Colin Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:26 pm

Hello Hadzi

Welcome to the Lounge!
    cheers

It sounds like you had a lovely introduction to Reiki! Smile

As far as sensations or experiences during attunements/Reiju go, every attunement can be a different experience ranging from feeling/experiencing absolutely nothing unusual (or apparently significant) to the most incredible multimedia experiences! All are good! Such experiences are the way your brain tries to make "sense" of something it has no conscious reference point for.

Although Reiki is within us all (and everything else!) before an attunement, it is our enhanced awareness of it that can induce some very interesting and usually very pleasant experiences. However, it is good to remember that these experiences are not Reiki itself but our attempt at interpreting the presence of Reiki, which although present in us is beyond anything we can truly comprehend. The important thing it to practice Reiki regularly, on ourselves and others, recite (and meditate upon) the Gokai (Five Reiki Precepts) and also practice any energetic purification techniques we may have been taught, such as Joshin Kokyu Ho (Cleansing Spirit Breathing Method) and/or Hatsurei Ho (which basically involve enhancing the awareness of Reiki within and around us).

Very Happy
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi Hadzi.

Hadzi wrote:Anyway, my first special experience came during the attunement when she placed her hand on my shoulder. I physically felt like there was a hot wax (in a warm pleasurable way) that was stuck on the top of my head like a sticker. As my eyes were closed I was confused when I could hear our teacher walk to the other side of the room and out of reach to place to physically contact me. When the session ended I still felt the warm, tingled sensation on top of my head. I reached to feel if there was something placed on my head but there was nothing there but the warm spot.

That's wonderful to hear!

That area of your head, as you probably already know, is the area of your Crown Chakra, the chakra that is your most immediate connection to reality beyond what we perceive with the local senses of the body.

As Colin said, everyone will have different experiences and experience things in their own way, but many do consciously perceive energy in that area during the attunement process (and thereafter during formal treatments... and even "informal" treatments when Reiki is simply being thought about by the practitioner).

The real trouble that everyone is up against when beginning to learn Reiki is that "you don't know what you don't know," and then that gets complicated when one begins to perceive (sense) things that haven't been perceived before the attunement process. It's bad enough when we don't know what we don't know, but then to be confused by perceiving something we don't understand (that consequentially may feel like it's been right there all of our life) sometimes begins to make things a bit overwhelming in the beginning. It's like something is right in front of you, and you know it's right in front of you, but you don't see it because you don't know how to use "those eyes" and also because you've never seen it before so you don't know what to make of it.

It's not unlike the story of the American Indians and the arrival of Christopher Columbus. The American Indians did not see the ships appear until they were anchoring along the shore. They had never seen ships so large so they didn't see them until they noticed people were magically appearing in smaller boats that brought them to shore.

No matter how well developed your gifts become, it's always going to be like that because there's always something new to learn that's not known, and that hasn't been perceived before.

"Hot liquid wax" is a wonderful analogy of your perception of the experience. Knowing how you feel the energies is one of the first steps that will help you begin to consciously understand and consciously explore those energies, that new level of awareness.

It can be confusing, but it's also a truly joyous experience.

Hadzi
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Hadzi Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:38 am

Thanks so much chi_solas, Colin and Lightbody for the warm welcome!
    Very Happy

I must admit your responses were all very well detailed. Not only do they explain very well the different sensations but give me great insight based on your experiences, feedback and research. As I don´t feel comfortable yet talking freely with my friends and peers (except for a very select few) about what I experienced, it is very comforting to receive such a positive response and support from you. I would like to openly share my personal experience with everyone, but I am being cautious about who I can talk to this about as my particular job and social circle could easily begin labeling me or judging me negatively.

I very rarely participate in forums, social networking, blogs and was truly inspired after reading other posts and especially seeing the high quality and effort in responding/helping others. Congratulations! sunny

Looking forward to sharing more about my personal insights and growing with this special community. I hope I can make a positive contribution!, Hadzi
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:52 am

Your welcome Hadzi cheers

We all started out in the same place. Arrow

Like LightBody stated ......
    "you don't know what you don't know," Rolling Eyes study 2 Special Experiences- Attunement and Animal Sensitivity to Reiki 850837

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm