Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

The Reiki Journey CD

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

The Reiki Journey CD Empty The Reiki Journey CD

Post by Colin Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:08 am

Here is my review of The Reiki Journey CD - Guided Meditations for Mindful Living
    by Ginny Mackles

From the first moment you hold this CD in your hands, look at the wonderful artwork and read the cover, you know this is something special! There are brief explanatory notes about the various techniques on the CD that you will practice, including the Reiki Precepts in English and in romanized Japanese (romaji) and three inspiring waka (31 syllable poems).

Listening to the CD you are not disappointed. Ginny's voice is rich and soothing, ideal for the guided meditations you are about to undertake. The first track is a waka that introduces the Reiki Journey, explaining the aims of Reiki practice. There then follows an introduction to the CD and suggestions of how to use it and the benefits of meditation and regular practice.

The meditations themselves are around 10 minutes each and you are guided through them by Ginny's smooth voice and some soft oriental music in the background which a creates a very appropriate environment. The Reiki practices on the CD include Gassho Meditation (hands held together in prayer or namaste position, symbolising Oneness, calming the mind and body), Joshin Kokyo Ho (Cleansing Spirit Breath, to purify your mind and body) and Seishin Toitsu Ho (single pointed concentration).

You then move on to one of the most important practices of Reiki: reciting the Gokai (Five Precepts). This is split into an introduction (including a waka) and recitations in English, Japanese with English translation, and in Japanese, which is said to be the most beneficial way to recite them.

The CD ends with another waka which beautifully conjures a very accurate image of Mount Kurama and this is followed by a longer guided meditation up the mountain itself to visit various significant places, in the company of Mikao Usui himself.

As a Reiki teacher for over 13 years, with a special interest in the traditional Japanese approach to the system of Reiki, I can heartily recommend this CD to anyone who wants to experience the simplicity and depth of Reiki as a spiritual practice.

If I have any criticism, it is only a slight one, which is purely down to personal taste. I found that some of the instructions for the meditations seemed a little too long and repetitive and tended to distract me from the actual meditation once I had heard them and knew what to do. However, I am very familiar with practising these techniques so the excellent and detailed instruction may be very welcome to a beginner.

Ginny has done a wonderful job with this CD, highlighting the simplicity and profundity of Reiki practice in a way that works well for Reiki practitioners of any lineage or style. I will certainly be recommending it to my students!
    Smile
    Pachamama

The Reiki Journey CD Empty Re: The Reiki Journey CD

Post by Pachamama Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:19 pm

do you have extras, that your students can buy on training days?? *winks*

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:21 am