Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

How much to charge friends having a reiki treatment

susanmunn

How much to charge friends having a reiki treatment

Post by susanmunn on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Hello everyone I'm Sue and I am at reiki master level, just lately I have some of my friends asking for a treatment, and I wasn't sure if I should charge differently to what I charge my clients. So my question is to everyone has this ever happened to any of you and do you think I should give a discount only because its friends.

Thankyou
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Re: How much to charge friends having a reiki treatment

Post by chi_solas on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:18 am

susanmunn wrote:Hello everyone I'm Sue and I am at reiki master level, just lately I have some of my friends asking for a treatment, and I wasn't sure if I should charge differently to what I charge my clients. So my question is to everyone has this ever happened to any of you and do you think I should give a discount only because its friends.

Thankyou

Hi Sue

Reiki is free sunny
    It's really your time
    that your charging for.

Rule of thumb OMO, that
    it is a service like a
    DR, accupunture. cell
    phone and so on. You can
    give a friend a 20 minute
    complimentry session. You
    do not want to belittle
    your service like it has no
    value. Some folks trade one
    service for another.You need
    to do what feels comfortable
    for you flower

http://www.reiki-support.com
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:54 am

Hi Sue, welcome.

Well, that's a difficult situation. I've experienced it in the past and found answers that worked for me, but reaching those answers was a learning experience.

Some people told me it was wrong to charge for Reiki and Attunements, others have told me the opposite.

There are, invariably, more people who want it free than for a fee. I feel it's fine and noble to provide Reiki for free, however depending on the financial resources available to the practitioner, it may not be realistic to do so.

If it's your friends who are asking, then I'd ask yourself how much time available do you have that you can freely give to them?

I asked that question to myself, and did what many do. Start a regular group where a Reiki Share can take place.

I chose to set a monthly fee with a sliding scale, so that people could donate what they wanted. This helped cover the cost of the space I was renting, and it also served to promote my services as a teacher who provided certified attunements.

Pachamama

Post by Pachamama on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:34 pm

You should definately have mates rates!!

It's like anything else you'd do for your mates, you wouldn't charge them full fee would you?

Personally I don't charge for Reiki...( my personal choice)...but I'm opening up a Holistic practice in May...and may have to change my system slighty to make sure enough people get to experience Reiki....but I'm always open to receiving donations.. Very Happy

susanmunn

Post by susanmunn on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:11 pm

Thank you everyone your comments have helped me a lot. @Lightbody great idea about the monthly reiki share.
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:15 am

hi sue, warm welcome!

wrong section for this topic, i'll move it for ya

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:30 am