Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Newbie questions

mmoobey@hotmail.com
    mmoobey@hotmail.com
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Newbie questions Empty Newbie questions

Post by mmoobey@hotmail.com Mon May 21, 2012 9:09 am

I had a distance attunement in 2008.I did have some very unusual side effects afterwords .I recalled a number of events in my past with vivid recall.I did not experience any other things at that time.Just recently it seems I'm having an awakening.The question I have is maybe kinda odd but maybe not.Is it normal to become excited when I preform reiki on myself?Or should I be alarmed?Is this something that passes in time?.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Newbie questions Empty Re: Newbie questions

Post by Colin Tue May 22, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi mmoobey

Welcome to the Lounge! cheers

Sorry for the delay in replying but many of us are not able to be on here every day and the forum is going through one of its quiet phases Smile
    (I deleted your other post, asking why you hadn't got an answer yet because it had created a separate topic which may have caused confusion if taken out of context)

There are no "normals" when it comes to Reiki practice because everyone is on their own path. Smile

But, if by "excited" you mean sexually aroused then no, it is not common but not unheard of either.

There could be several reasons:

If, as you say, you are having an "awakening" then since the kundalini resides in the root, near the perineum, energetic sensations here could induce arousal.

If you practice other techniques alongside Reiki (e.g. Internal Taoist Qi Gong, Microcosmic Orbit exercises etc.) then it could indicate a movement of Jing (a spiritual essence stored in the kidneys and found in semen) from the kidneys to the sex organs.

It could be the thoughts that go through your mind whilst putting your hands on yourself or issues of touch (or lack of) etc.

As long as it only occurs when you are practising on yourself, I wouldn't be too alarmed, as I would imagine it will pass, but I would refrain from practising on other people until it does pass.

Feel free to tell us more about yourself in the Welcome area. Smile

Hope that helps.
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Tue May 22, 2012 7:03 pm

Hi mmoobey, welcome.

I second what Colin says... and my reason for not actively participating is that this is my last week of finals for this semester (actually, Tuesday is my last day of finals this week).

I feel that one of the reason that there are no "normals" in Reiki is because it helps the practitioner become more self aware of themselves, and as each of our life experiences are unique, the perception and interpretation of those experiences are unique as well.

mmoobey@hotmail.com
    mmoobey@hotmail.com
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Newbie questions Empty thanks

Post by mmoobey@hotmail.com Wed May 23, 2012 3:31 am

Thanks for getting back to me.If this is not too far out of the ordinary then this eases my mind.I guess I anticipated your answer in advance.Im not even sure what I'm doing could be called practicing reiki lol.I would liken it to the blind squirrel effect.Even the blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. alien I can say this much though I believe now.there is no other way to explain the sensations I feel when I attempt to send energy to myself. I have a million more questions as I never had a physical teacher.At present time a teacher is out of my price range.I would ask one more question though if its not too much trouble.I'm needing back surgery and expect I should proceed as it will take time for me to progress with this.Is there times when medicine and reiki are indicated?
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed May 23, 2012 5:12 am

Hi mmoobey

Not even sure if what you are doing could be call practising Reiki? That is not a good advert for distant attunements but unfortunately it is all too common nowadays. Sad

Once you have been attuned, Reiki practice is actually very simple. So simple that many people add various things to make it more complicated than it needs to be!

All you really need to do to know you are practising Reiki is to place your hands on yourself daily. There are no specific positions but eyes, sides and back of head, throat or neck, upper chest, mid-abdomen and lower abdomen, plus any other areas you may feel drawn to, will work well. There is no need to "send energy" to yourself or attempt to move energy around. We all have Reiki within us and Reiki attunements awaken or re-awaken our awareness of the Reiki. Placing our hands with compassionate detachment, focuses our awareness, and hence the Reiki, in those positions, where it initiates a move towards balance on the physical, mental, emotional or spiritual level.

Hands on Reiki and reciting the Five Reiki Precepts each day are really the foundation of all Reiki practice and are all that is necessary to improve one's mind and body. All the rest you may read or hear about are extras or are not necessary for one's personal practice.

That said, Reiki practice is not a replacement for conventional medicine but works very well alongside it as a complementary therapy. Traditionally, in Japan, Reiki was used for first aid and non-serious conditions very successfully. However, for serious conditions it required long, intensive Reiki sessions over an extended period to obtain good results if conventional medicine was not used as well.
    mmoobey@hotmail.com
    mmoobey@hotmail.com
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Newbie questions Empty Again Thanks

Post by mmoobey@hotmail.com Wed May 23, 2012 6:49 am

It means a lot you helping me on my journey.Just the few questions you answered will have a huge impact on my development.I wished for this for quite some time.I have picked up quite a bit from reading the forums and will continue to do so.Thanks again for being there when I needed you.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed May 23, 2012 7:17 am

A pleasure! Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Colin wrote:

but I would refrain from practising on other people until it does pass.

Maybe a place for such a cough-cough 'complimentary' therapy in Soho or the like?

Laughing .

couldn't resist!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu May 24, 2012 1:45 am

Many hospitals today offer Reiki
    as part of the healing process.
    Reiki is a maintainence as well
    as a preventive health modality IMO.