Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

Reiki Ryoho Hikkei

rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Reiki Ryoho Hikkei

Post by rzukic on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:19 am

I am not sure if it was discussed before but I noticed the different translation of the question below:

The Reiki Treshold has it as :

Q. Then, is it psychic method of treatment?

While The Reiki Pages has it as:

Q. Then, is it spiritual method of treatment?

For me the meaning of these two sentences is bit different. Any thoughts?

Thank You.

Regards

Resko

Last edited by rzukic on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : xx)
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Re: Reiki Ryoho Hikkei

Post by Milarepa on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:13 am

yeah meaning is different to me. I'll not repeat my views on the whole world accepting a 100 year old PDF..

Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:10 am

I got this from James...

The japanese phrase used in the question is:
    心霊療法 Shinrei Ryoho

Ryoho is simply “therapy” (- treatment-method)

Shinrei, however, is a little more complex. Well, what would you expect Smile

It can be understood as “psychic” - in the sense of “pertaining to the psyche or mind” – but also in the sense of “psychic phenomena” [this is perhaps the more common, modern-day, usage]

The word is actually composed of elements indicating “heart” and “spirit”, and so likewise, it can be understood as “Spiritual” - in the sense of “spiritual experience”. [perhaps an older usage]

Then again, it can also be understood in the sense of Spiritual-ism (Shinrei-jutsu in Japanese)
    - so Shinrei Ryoho can also imply: "Spiritualist Practices with Therapeutic Intent"

Shinrei is one of many terms for spirits of the departed, so , as well as “Psychic Therapy” and “Spiritual Therapy”, you could equally translate Shinrei Ryoho as “Ghost Therapy”...

- James

Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:34 am

Thanks Wayne!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:18 am