Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Where do these symbols come from?

benjamin17
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Where do these symbols come from? Empty Where do these symbols come from?

Post by benjamin17 Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:51 am

Hello,

I have recently completed level one and during this was given a number of (I was told Tibetan) symbols in addition to the Usui Power symbol.

They are: Kutu, Ramu, Tamasurra, Osho, Christos, Triad, and Infinity

I was wondering if anyone knows when these symbols were added and which branch they are from?

On my certificate it says I completed Usui Shiki Ryoho but the linage of my teacher is not confirmed (I was given my teacher --> Russel Carlton --> Denise De Tanya --> Takata --> Hayashi --> Usui, but there is no record I can find of De Tayna receiving mastery from Takata). In the training I learnt the traditional Takaya version of the Reiki story and also told the symbols came from her, which isn't matching with research either...

Any help would be appreciated in order to work out these roots!

Thank you
    Benjamin
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Where do these symbols come from? Empty Re: Where do these symbols come from?

Post by LightBody Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:21 pm

Most of those symbols were added during or after Takata's Masters began teaching Reiki.

Kutu & Ramu are related to the Daikomyo symbol, and are likely inspired by the Japanese styles -- but I'm afraid I don't know when they might have been added.

Tamasurra is of Tibetan origin and likely came to be during the time of Arthur Robertson and Iris Ishikuro because they were the one's who integrated Tibetan Mysticism into Takata's teachings (that would be around the late 70's & 80's).

Osho, Christos, Triad and Infinity are new Reiki symbols to me and I can speculate were added after the year 2000, but perhaps someone else knows differently.

yeruham

Post by yeruham Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:32 am

DKM is pure Kanji, that is to say Chinese symbols used in Japanese. It has to do with big bright light. It seems to be very helpful for my eye problem and I think of its energy as helping to restore my once bright and clear vision.
    HSZShN is at least partially Kanji. The first part is very common in Japan and can mean a book or a source, perhaps among other things. You can see it on bookshop signs everywhere in Japan. I think there is also some Kana (Japanese phonetic writing), and also some things which I haven't been able to identify.
    As for CKR and SHK, I haven't been able to identify either of them. But I should mention that although I have been studying Japanese for some time, I am not really very advanced.
    But all the Reiki symbols have great energy, which I think is the main thing.
    Also, each Kanji in Japanese can have a number of different meanings. I would tend to think that it is not unlikely that all of these signs have quite different meanings in Reiki from what they would have in everyday Japanese. This for me seems to strengthen the point that the main thing for us is the energy.
    My best Reiki teacher, Dinai Rune in Beer Sheva, Israel, was often not very precise about how he drew the symbols while teaching. I think the point was that it is not the exact shape of the symbol but the energy that matters.
    Best to all,
    Yeruham

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 pm