Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

Is Reiki complete?

Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Is Reiki complete?

Post by Milarepa on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:38 am

I been thinking a lot about Reiki recently. About my own journey mostly, but also looking some at others personal journeys as well. I've came up with some questions. They are kinda uncomfortable (for me anyhow), especially to speak about in public. So they should definitely be aired on the forum, haha!

I'll start the ball rolling. Let's see if it grows into a huge snowball..

Have fun!!!

• Is the system of Reiki complete?

• Does the experience of Reiki complete you?

• How come you seek out, and learn other paths?

• Why is is you are not satisfied with simply the Reiki experience as you now have it?

Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Re: Is Reiki complete?

Post by Milarepa on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:50 am

Milarepa wrote:

• Is the system of Reiki complete?

It depends on what is meant by 'complete'. And that depends on what one wants.

Milarepa wrote:
  • Does the experience of Reiki complete you?

• No. For a time i thought it did. I wasn't being honest with myself though.

Milarepa wrote:
  • How come you seek out, and learn other paths?

• I don't do that anymore. I've stopped all searching. As there is nothing to search for. All is here. Nothing is lost.

When i was searching other paths, upgrading Reiki practices, etc, it was because i obviously wanted more. Needed more. Else why was i searching. Learning. I've had to be true to myself in a big way over this. It hasn't been easy coming to terms with this.

Milarepa wrote:
  • Why is is you are not satisfied with simply the Reiki experience as you now have it?

• This is a work in progress for me, so this answer won't be complete.

Reiki is without doubt an important step in ones' life. Yet it is not all en-compassing as it may at first seem. I feel even the most simplified versions of Reiki expression can be over-complicated. Requiring oneself to be ultra-aware in ways that one is not used to. Meaning an overly long time for the fullest potential to become apparent. If it does at all.

warmest wishes

Wayne

Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:54 am

Is Reiki complete as what?
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:58 am

Pandora wrote:Is Reiki complete as what?

Milarepa wrote:

Is the system of Reiki complete?

It depends on what is meant by 'complete'. And that depends on what one wants.

Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:55 am

The Reiki system for me is an every
    day part of my life. Focusing on the
    5 principles and implementing them is
    part of the whole. bounce

Anata

Post by Anata on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:12 pm

I am grateful to Reiki as it has changed my life and opened new ways for me. But I am sad to see what is happening in Reiki now.

There are thousands of distant attunements which do not give anything to those who receive them. People want to increase their power taking new and new attunements and they do not see precious abilities of what they have at the same time. Reiki is often represented as a magic stick: practice it and you get anything you want easily. For some people Reiki looks like a lovely escape into nice esoteric world from their real lives. I dare to set a tricky question here. What is considered to be “the coolest”: to see amazing colors and auras during Reiki sessions or to improve relations inside your family with the help of Reiki?

Reiki is a powerful instrument. But to use this instrument in a proper way one has to be cleaning his soul constantly. This is an endless process. As soon as one level is cleaned you see dirty spots somewhere else…Are there many Reiki teachers who tell about it?

Milarepa, you are searching for further ways.
    I’d like to tell you about books of Sergey Lazarev “Diagnostic of Karma”. But let me start a new topic for it in this brunch.
    I have to warn that Sergey Lazarev's researches do not have anything in common with Reiki.
    Anata

Post by Anata on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:28 pm

I’ve written a lot in “Diagnostik of Karma by Sergey Lazarev”.

I was attuned in 1996 and was given a paper with five principles.
    The last one was: “Just for today trust the divine guidance.”
    I was very atheistic more then 15 years ago and these words sounded very strange to me. The God? That old guy sitting in the clouds?
    It’s me who is practicing Reiki!!!

I think different now.

The God.
    The divine will.

When were they lost in Reiki?

May it be the answer of the question of Milarepa?
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi Anata!

How are you? Thanks for keeping the topic alive!

Nope, i'm not searching for other ways though! It's the stopping of all searching that has brought the real results!

I think it interesting, that I thought Reiki was complete, yet I still trained in other paths. Reiki and others. I ask myself, why, what was the need? The real need.

warmest wishes

Wayne

Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:46 am

Hi Anata,

I find your post very interesting, especially so because I am coming from different school of thought and before I offer different approach I want you to know that I greatly appreciate and respect your point of view since it allows us all to learn and grow.

While we may have different approach to reiki we may agree that it was intended to improve the quality of our (emotional) life

You said:

Reiki is a powerful instrument. But to use this instrument in a proper way one has to be cleaning his soul constantly. This is an endless process. As soon as one level is cleaned you see dirty spots somewhere else…Are there many Reiki teachers who tell about it?

Anata, I truly hope not many and here is why:

But to use this instrument in a proper way one has to be cleaning his soul constantly.

This sentence has embedded a presupposition that our soul is dirty beyond the repair (it is endless process).

The problem with these types of language patterns is that they fly “under the radar” and as such are (usually) accepted as a true matter of fact when they are not.

Now, if the person really believes this, I am wondering what kind of emotional experience one can have. It appears to me that there is no much of the choice left but to see the life as nothing but the struggle.

And that is against the spirit of “Just for today do not worry” isn’t it?

And for that reason I wouldn’t ever advise any of my students to choose to believe any of the dis-empowering beliefs.

Good thing is that we do not have to settle for it. How about if we (to stay in the same theme) ask ourselves instead:” What is not perfect yet in my spiritual life?”. Again, we see embedded presupposition.

Here, it is not whether or not it is going to be perfect but rather the question is of when..

But, if we choose to believe this, we will see the opportunities (instead of the struggle) on each step of the way. And this will mean positive emotional experience (not only for us but also for our loved ones).

I am wondering what do you think about it.

Best Regards,

Resko
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:56 am

Anata wrote:

What if the soul IS actually Reiki? Rei can be translated as soul (as well as spirit, mysterious, ghost, divine) so Reiki can be translated as soul energy or essence of the soul. Smile

Maybe by regularly practising Reiki we are keeping our soul clear and bright? Smile

Reiki: pure & simple

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/reiki.colin/reiki.htm
    http://www.facebook.com/reiki.pureandsimple

The divine is not something high above us. It is in heaven, it is in earth, it is inside us. (Morihei Ueshiba)

Reiki is what happens when you make friends with the Universe! (Colin)

Ki flows, Reiki glows! (Colin)
    Anata

Post by Anata on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:57 am

Rzukic, I do not see any contradictions. We are talking about cleaning processes which might happen soon after the attunement. But why is nobody talking about cleaning processes happening with the soul?

It is easy to write about Reiki and cats, about Reiki and music, about colors and auras. But it is much more difficult to say aloud that you’ve stopped disdaining somebody or that you’ve stopped accusing somebody and learned to forgive him even if he offended you seriously…

I think nobody here denies reincarnation. But reincarnation means that the soul has certain experience. This experience might be not obvious. Nevertheless it can seriously influence your life. As to me I know that I have a long train from my previous lives which caused me certain difficulties in this life. It is better for me not to know everything about my previous experience while this knowledge might be too painful.

“Just for today do not worry” means for me now “Accept the divine will” whenever you like or dislike it. This will can be very illogical from the human’s point of view.

We live in the society and we can not ignore things which happen around us. Things which were abnormal yesterday are claimed to be norm today.

France is going to allow homosexual marriages and even to allow such couples to adopt kids. Whom will grow such poor children? Do you like their idea to change words “mother” and “father” for “parent A” and “parent B”? Denmark and Belgium. It is said that Christmas Trees can offend somebody that is why there will be no Christmas Trees in some cities of these countries. Hmm… Imagine a Buddhist talking that some customs of Muslims offend him. He will be accused of all sins immediately and will not avoid prison. I can talk endlessly about my country where the minister of Education is doing everything to ruin down the rest of education. The ex-minister of Defense was stealing the property of the state but he seems to be an innocent sheep, some of his subordinates are arrested now but not he.

All this affects any of us directly or indirectly.
    The Earth can not stand the deeds of people any more. There were much less nature catastrophes twenty or thirty years ago then now. Serious tectonic movements can happen in 2013-2014.

The only chance to survive in the modern world is to increase love in your soul which means everlasting cleaning process…

And... reaching perfectness means death…
    Anata

Post by Anata on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:03 am

Colin,
    If Reiki IS soul then what for are the attunements needed? What for are degrees and different styles needed?

And talking about translations one has to have really deep knowlege of the language and the culture. I guess that you know the subject well. I can not boast of the knowlege of Japaneese culture. I can put here some examples of differences in languages. Semantic fields of words can be very different which might cause misunderstanding sometimes.
    For example, there are no words "grandma" and "grandpa" in Chineese. They have words "grandma from the father's side" and "grandma from the mother's side". Can you feel the differences in cultures in this example? It stresses subconsciously the role and the place of every person in the family tree in China.
    There is another example. The word "winter" associates with something grey and wet for the British. But it associates with something white, frosty and sunny for Russians.

Practicing Reiki in every form seems to be good. But… It is very important HOW a person does it, with which intentions. What if a person uses Reiki as magic? What if Reiki practice drives a student to the feeling of superiority which appears from a tiny corn?

Well, all of this can happen in every practice: in yoga, in chi gong, in anything else... Any spiritual way can not be straight. We are all coming from one side to another on our ways. But one has to have enough carriage to return to love one has to be observant enough to catch sighs on his way…

Last edited by Anata on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the thought was not written clearly)
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:45 pm

Hi Anata

Anata wrote:Colin,
    If Reiki IS soul then what for are the attunements needed? What for are degrees and different styles needed?

The attunements (or INITIATions) are required to INITIATE the process of remembering or experiencing our conscious connection to our true nature, (our soul, Reiki, Great Bright Light, the Tao, Oneness, Void, Source, God, Great Spirit etc.)

The different "degrees" are merely there (or were originally) to divide the Reiki teachings into manageable chunks, based upon the experience of the student. Shoden (First Teachings) as the name suggests, was where the student was taught the basics of Reiki practice (e.g. hands-on healing, the Gokai (Five Precepts), Reiki history etc.). Okuden (Inner or Deeper Teachings) was taught too those students who were either more experienced with the basic Reiki techniques or wanted to go deeper with the teachings, and also learn more techniques and concepts (e.g. symbols, psychological and absent healing methods etc.). Shinpiden (Secret or Spiritual Teachings) was where students who wanted to become teachers where taught how to perform the attunements or initiations (Reiju).

The different styles arose as teachers started to incorporate their own beliefs, concepts and experiences into what they taught and modified the original system. In most cases, the name of the system being taught was therefore changed to differentiate the modified system from the original system. Unfortunately, the name was not changed in some cases, which has given rise to a huge amount of confusion about what actually constitutes the teachings and concepts of Usui Reiki Ryoho Smile

Anata wrote:
    And talking about translations one has to have really deep knowlege of the language and the culture. I guess that you know the subject well. I can not boast of the knowlege of Japaneese culture. I can put here some examples of differences in languages. Semantic fields of words can be very different which might cause misunderstanding sometimes.
    For example, there are no words "grandma" and "grandpa" in Chineese. They have words "grandma from the father's side" and "grandma from the mother's side". Can you feel the differences in cultures in this example? It stresses subconsciously the role and the place of every person in the family tree in China.
    There is another example. The word "winter" associates with something grey and wet for the British. But it associates with something white, frosty and sunny for Russians.

Yes, to understand the deeper meanings of some words/concepts from other cultures we do need to have a good knowledge but there are many references that can be found for the translation of Rei as Soul and those other things. Here is one from a respected source you may recognise Smile

http://www.aetw.org/reiki_def.html

Anata wrote:
    Practicing Reiki in every form seems to be good. But… It is very important HOW a person does it, with which intentions. What if a person uses Reiki as magic? What if Reiki practice drives a student to the feeling of superiority which appears from a tiny corn?

Well, all of this can happen in every practice: in yoga, in chi gong, in anything else... Any spiritual way can not be straight. We are all coming from one side to another on our ways. But one has to have enough carriage to return to love one has to be observant enough to catch sighs on his way…

I agree, that practising Reiki in any form seems to be good, if done with the right intentions. There are many ways to "re-connect" with our true nature. I also agree that in some cases, teachers appear to project a feeling of superiority, often because of some "secret" or special knowledge or new symbols or "Reiki history source" or a "more powerful vibration of Reiki energy" etc.

I also agree that there is not one single true way. I believe that whatever feels true in one's heart is the true way for that person at that time and that this is also subject to change, through experience Smile

The divine is not something high above us. It is in heaven, it is in earth, it is inside us. (Morihei Ueshiba)

adelamarin

Post by adelamarin on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:22 pm

„ What if a person uses Reiki as magic?”
    A hand can heal or hurt, knife can cut bread or kill, everything is dual, depending on what you choose.
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:34 am

What if a person uses Reiki as magic?

Actually, I think that many Reiki practitioners use Reiki as magic without realising it, and I don't mean those who use symbols and intention to find car parking spaces or clear traffic hold-ups Smile

Anyone who uses HSZSN for absent (distant) healing is in fact using a magical way to connect with the other person. HSZSN is not like the other Reiki symbols, it's so-called mantra and the symbol itself when used together form what is known as a jumon, which is Japanese for a spell or a charm.

In my own research study I have found a charm written on paper that contains the same characters as used in HSZSN, overlapped in a similar if not exact way to the HSZSN that most Reiki practitioners use. In fact I have come across two versions of this charm in different books both of which were about the magical beliefs of ninjutsu and other esoteric practices. Interestingly, the main use of the charm was to either create or break a connection or relationship with someone, depending upon how the paper with the charm (and the person's name) was folded and the intention of the practitioner.

The book which explained the use of this charm or talisman was 'Invisible Armor' by Serge Mol, which was difficult and expensive to get hold of! Shocked

However, if, as is believed, Mikao Usui studied various martial arts as part of his path, he may well have come across this type of charm and decided it could be put to use in healing others as part of his Reiki Ryoho. Smile

rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi Anata,

I am curious as to what Reiki Style are you practicing. I haven’t come across Reiki style that incorporates and teaches the reincarnation as part of Reiki Class.

Rzukic, I do not see any contradictions.

I see, and I am afraid I’ll need some help in sorting and understanding this. First you say:

It is easy to write about Reiki and cats, about Reiki and music, about colors and auras. But it is much more difficult to say aloud that you’ve stopped disdaining somebody or that you’ve stopped accusing somebody and learned to forgive him even if he offended you seriously…

But then you follow with some strong feelings:

France is going to allow homosexual marriages and even to allow such couples to adopt kids. Whom will grow such poor children?

Then you say:

“Just for today do not worry” means for me now “Accept the divine will” whenever you like or dislike it.

And follow with this:
    We live in the society and we can not ignore things which happen around us. Things which were abnormal yesterday are claimed to be norm today.

It does appear as if these statements do contradict each other. How do you reconcile them?

My study of reiki (precepts) led me to realize that it is seldom the event/person itself (unless, of course, we talk about the natural disasters) that has the power to “push our bottoms”. It is rather about our “blue print” that we as human have about the reality.

When event takes place that doesn’t match our blue print then there is a conflict. Let’s say somebody cuts us off on high way and we start cursing and yelling. We may find a lot of reason to justify our anger but deep down it is about our strong belief that people MUST treat us with respect (or the people must follow order).

Thanks to the Reiki Precepts we can learn about our blue print and find limiting/ dis-empowering beliefs and replace them with empowering ones so that we can have life we deserve, full of happiness and prosperity.

Whether we choose to do so or not it is entirely up to us. Either way, we are responsible for (the quality of) our life. And I believe that’s the message Dr. Usui wanted to send us.

Best Regards

Resko
    Anata

Post by Anata on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:53 am

Colin, you've written the key words for me:

The attunements (or INITIATions) are required to INITIATE the process of remembering or experiencing our conscious connection to our true nature, (our soul, Reiki, Great Bright Light, the Tao, Oneness, Void, Source, God, Great Spirit etc.)
    I suspect that all these words might be synonyms in Japanese language and culture. ( I am not acquainted well with Japanese culture.) But… They are not synonyms in European languages, in the languages we speak and think. Probably, the words “God” and “Universe” can stand near each other.

We can say “the will of the God”. Can we say “the will of the Void”? “The will of Great Bright Light”? The last two phrases sound strange, don’t they? (at least in my language)

I was thinking that I had to clarify my attitude to magic. But your post was the first to appear. Very Happy What is magic? I want something and I am doing everything to get it. Sometimes I am ready to get it by any price. My desire is higher than the divine will.

I’ve described an extreme situation. But if you know the symbols (I mean Okuden) and do not see the God around you the temptation to change the situation by YOUR OWN will can be increased dramatically.

It seems that I am criticizing Reiki too much. Hmm, people attuned to Reiki tend to be very idealistic when they are talking about Reiki. “Reiki is perfect and everybody practicing Reiki becomes perfect, too”. It seems to be a motto. I do not want to divide anything on “black” and “white”. Everything in the world has two sides. If you see one side then you have to know that another side exists.

I suspect that all I am writing here is going against rules of teaching and interpreting Reiki.
    Anata

Post by Anata on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:57 am

Resko, I was attuned in traditional Usui Reiki Ryoho. The teacher of my second degree is Elena Silaeva attuned by Hans Treffers. I am very grateful to her. Her attitude to the world has changed me completely.

Her seminars were fantastic. She was teaching to search for the root of the problem, to change yourself first, to see connection between events in your life. She was always telling about processes happening in her life which were really painful and not easy.

Although reincarnation is not mentioned in Reiki it exists. By the way, some early Christian writers were telling about souls which can live in different bodies. But these ideas were condemned to be heresy on the fifth ecumenical council in 553. It was claimed that a soul can not live without a body.

I guess I’ve hurried a bit with my previous answer. I had to deliberate to write more clearly. Let me answer for the rest a bit later.
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:26 am

Thank You Anata,

I guess I’ve hurried a bit with my previous answer. I had to deliberate to write more clearly. Let me answer for the rest a bit later.

Don't worry about it. The most important thing is that we follow something that works for us and makes us happy.

I see you found your way and wish you the best of the luck!

Best Regards,

Last edited by rzukic on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To correct misspelling)
    Anata

Post by Anata on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:05 pm

Resko, I was trying to write my thoughts but have feeling now that my answer is not needed.Let it be so.

I just want to mention a book which contains very important information. I recommend this book to everybody. I am sorry, Reiki is not mentioned in it.SmileSmile

R. Moody. “Life after life”. (printed in 1977 first)

The author is a medical doctor and a psychologist. He was interested in phenomena of clinical death. He spoke to many people who had passed through this experience, he collected and sorted out their reminiscences. He writes as a scientist, his book is founded on the facts. I hope many people here have herd of this book.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:55 pm