Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Milarepa
yeruham
6 posters

Reiki from the Index finger to the eye

yeruham

Reiki from the Index finger to the eye Empty Reiki from the Index finger to the eye

Post by yeruham Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:11 am

Dear Friends,
    As mentioned on the New Members welcome forum, I have been treating my eyes with Reiki.
    Almost always, when I begin a session, either for myself or for a patient, and after a little meditation in gassho, I draw each of the four symbols in the air, repeating its name by voice and in thought, each three times. After I have drawn each symbol in the air, I draw it again on the palms of my hands, using the index finger of my free hand. I have often felt very noticeable energy on the palm of my right hand, when I draw the symbols with the index finger of the left. This is even though I do not touch my palm but draw with my finger in the air maybe a centimetre or so from my palm.
    For some reason the index finger of my left hand seems to radiate this energy more noticeably than that of the right.

It therefore seemed to me to be a nice idea to concentrate this energy at my eyes, one at a time, using my left index finger first on my left eye and then on my right.
    It did it once and seemed to receive powerful reiki in each eye.

But since I had never heard of giving Reiki with one finger, I have decided to stop that for now, and ask the advice of more experienced people.
    What do you think? Is this a good idea?
    Very best wishes to all,
    Yeruham
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Reiki from the Index finger to the eye Empty Re: Reiki from the Index finger to the eye

Post by Milarepa Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:53 am

yeruham wrote: After I have drawn each symbol in the air, I draw it again on the palms of my hands, using the index finger of my free hand. I have often felt very noticeable energy on the palm of my right hand, when I draw the symbols with the index finger of the left. This is even though I do not touch my palm but draw with my finger in the air maybe a centimetre or so from my palm.
    For some reason the index finger of my left hand seems to radiate this energy more noticeably than that of the right.

Or is it your dominant hand radiates something more? Some old initiations only used the dominant hand...

yeruham wrote:
    It therefore seemed to me to be a nice idea to concentrate this energy at my eyes, one at a time, using my left index finger first on my left eye and then on my right.
    It did it once and seemed to receive powerful reiki in each eye.

It's been said by some that something emanates in a focused way from the finger tips.

yeruham wrote:
    But since I had never heard of giving Reiki with one finger, I have decided to stop that for now, and ask the advice of more experienced people.
    What do you think? Is this a good idea?

If it's having an effect, a positive one, and you feel you are drawn to this, my opinion is go for it!

warmest wishes

Wayne
    yeruham

Reiki from the Index finger to the eye Empty Re: Reiki from the Index finger to the eye

Post by yeruham Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 am

Dear Wayne,
    Thank you for the important advice. Or well....let's think about this. Treating with one finger has an effect insomuch as I feel the energy. But I cannot say for sure that it is improving my vision. I think the answer is that I should try it for awhile and see what happens.
    I am also thinking about your suggestion:

>Or is it your dominant hand radiates something more?

I definitely feel radiation from my left index finger and not from my right. And my right is the dominant.
    But is what I feel in the way of energy any indication of healing? I was taught that sometimes a patient will feel nothing but nonetheless receive help in healing from Reiki.
    If this is true for a patient, then maybe it is also true for us Reiki practitioners. Is the energy which we feel an indication of the healing effect?
    Best wishes to all,
    Yeruham
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:24 am

yeruham wrote:Dear Wayne,
    Thank you for the important advice. Or well....let's think about this. Treating with one finger has an effect insomuch as I feel the energy. But I cannot say for sure that it is improving my vision. I think the answer is that I should try it for awhile and see what happens.

Yeah, trying it for a while is an idea. Also, a yogic technique is using the palms of the hands against the eyelids. Similar in Reiki also.

yeruham wrote:
    I am also thinking about your suggestion:

>Or is it your dominant hand radiates something more?

I definitely feel radiation from my left index finger and not from my right. And my right is the dominant.
    But is what I feel in the way of energy any indication of healing?

You're right, not necessarily. If a person looks at the process another way it might explain why. If a person creates a situation. And this situation in turn creates a response. And say the response is called Reiki. What the practitioner feels is not anything to do with what the recipient feels. Or, in the case of a self-treatment. Maybe what hand sensations the person feels is no real indication of what healing is taking place internally.

yeruham wrote:
    If this is true for a patient, then maybe it is also true for us Reiki practitioners. Is the energy which we feel an indication of the healing effect?

It might depend what is felt and where. Hand sensations can give indications of issues during scanning/byosen. Or hand sensations can be a sign of growing sensitivity. Relaxation in the body is a foundation - sometimes the only necessary - experience. Whether that is healing depends on what the goal was in the treatment.

warmest wishes

Wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:02 am

Hi Yeruham

According to Franka Arjava Petter's latest book (This is Reiki) in traditional Reiki it is believed that the middle fingers emit the most energy and these are use for small body areas, such as the navel (in Hesso Chiryo Ho), in the ear canal and the eyeballs.

Interestingly, in Esoteric Buddhism, the left hand represents the moon and the right hand the sun and each finger represents one of the Buddhist five elements:
    Thumbs = Void
    Index fingers = Air
    Middle fingers = Fire
    Ring fingers = Water
    Little fingers = Earth
    ...and the tips of the fingers also have significance:
    thumbs = discernment
    index = operation
    middle = perception
    ring = reception
    little = form

This is also why the Gassho mudra (prayer position) is so important as it brings together all these elements and the world of duality into a single mudra, symbolising oneness or unity.

As far as sensations go, it is my understanding that we cannot feel Reiki itself, our brains try to interpret its effect on our ki and our body but it has no reference for it and therefore come up with various sensations at different times or sometimes it just gives up and we feel nothing! Smile
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Thank you, Colin. This is extremely interesting.
    I'll try it with the middle finger, left hand. But thank you for the information about the elements, especially fire. I take this as a warning to be careful. In Ayurvedic diagnosis, I am considered to have too much fire. I have seen this to be true because when I eat or drink even a moderate amount of high-fire, such as hot chili peppers or garlic, etc., I very quickly get a skin reaction.
    I haven't done my Reiki yet today, and am looking forward to experimenting.
    Very best,
    Yeruham
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:50 pm

hi Yeruham

reiki is a deep involvement and an interesting process. as you would see here, many people will be giving accounts of their personal experiences, and you may notice that every such experience is specific and individualized, but yet it will be contributing to the pool of reiki knowledge generally. this is the beauty of reiki. reiki is like a joy, we make ours, and create ripples for everybody Smile

believe you me, your reiki experiences are very valuable for your journey onwards... you will be exploring a lot with your reiki... much will come about... just register everything... discuss, share and spread what you feel in being reiki... your experience may be a stimulus for a similar one in me, and mine for another... a reiki circle... right ? Smile

you will notice that you will be adopting many many 'practices' within reiki as your innovation... keep exploring! but lets not lose sight of standard texts, procedures and practices... blend the things as you would, without seeking too much for the origin... after a while, you will pick something from your teachers' notes, somethings from discussions herein, and much more from your own experiences... this is called reiki.... reiki is nothing but a reiki experience.... to experience things within reiki is paramount... to validate yourself and invalidate later...that is the interesting journey... your path... your own path... you will travel the way you are made for it... i can't copy you, you will not be copying anybody, but for guidance, approach and for sake of making new experiences....

explore buddy, reiki exists in experiencing the phenomenon than just knowing and reading it... you will find many beacons here on RLL to borrow light, and the light that finally emanates within you is your success, your reiki actually....

be with it, whether from right hand or left, whether from touch, breath, sight or imagination... let it be, as it will be...

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:47 pm

wah-hey!!!! hiya Bro!
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:47 pm

Thank you, Salman. That is extremely inspiring. I'll definitely keep it up.
    Very best wishes,
    Yeruham
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi salman as always good
    to see/hear you back on RLL Reiki from the Index finger to the eye 158903
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:14 pm

I have to tell you all about my recent experience with vision. As I have said, my eye doctor, a very distinguished professor, refused to approve my renewal of my driving license even with strong glasses. He gave me a referral to a surgeon to do a cataract operation.

A cataract operation means replacing the lenses with artificial ones. For me, wearing eyeglasses is bad enough. I do not want the eyeglasses implanted inside my eyes.

Instead I did intensive Reiki to my eyes for about 2 1/2 weeks and then went to an optician. I could see by myself that I was seeing better. He passed me for my driving license renewal, on the condition of strong glasses. My driving license is now renewed for another two years.
    Meanwhile, I had an appointment with the surgeon for the examination before the cataract operation. I was about to cancel the appointment. But I decided that another opinion would not hurt. Perhaps the optician was too easy on me? So I went to the eye surgeon for another examination. Of course I have been doing Reiki for my eyes almost every day. The surgeon passed me very quickly. I do have signs of minor cataracts (not the bad cataracts like at the time of the first examination). He said that the decision as to whether to have the cataract operation is up to me. It is not necessary, even for driving. He asked me to come for a checkup every six months, which I think is a good idea.
    He was also very open to things like Bates and Reiki. Not like a lot of MDs. I am sure that many MDs would refuse to admit that Reiki worked and they might explain it all away by saying that the first eye doctor had gone senile and was imagining my cataracts.
    But no matter. This is the most dramatic demonstration I have ever had of Reiki working.

I would not start offering Reiki for the eyes to other people, until I get rid of the eyeglasses altogether. I believe this will happen. I am doing it every day. That could be very expensive for a patient. But I'll meet that problem when the time comes.

Incidentally, I do not use just one routine. Sometimes I use one hand and sometimes both hands, in contact and not in contact. Sometimes I use my index finger, and sometimes my second finger. I usually aim at my eyes, but sometimes go over the chakras. I use all four signs to get into Reiki at the start. But then I try to be open to what the signs seem to be requesting. Sometimes one will seem to volunteer very enthusiastically. I seem to get the best results from CKR and DKM. But it is hard to be precise about that.

I cannot say whether come of the signs and hand positions are more "right", at least for me. Or maybe one is right for one day and another for another day.

Very best
    Yeruham

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:15 am

Great news, Yeruham, thanks for sharing!

Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:05 am

yeruham, are you also using the Bates method sunny
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:53 am

Thanks, Colin. I still have a long way to go. I won't consider this successful until I can throw away the eyeglasses.

Chi_solas, thanks for a good question. The only thing which helped me in the Bates method was learning how to relax and how not to try to see. And that worked beautifully for over twenty years! During that time I had excellent distance vision, but often had to squint a bit to read. But it wasn't too bad and I read freely, never using glasses.

My current problem began with a sudden switch, about two years ago. Suddenly I could read perfectly with no squinting or anything. But my distant vision became poor. That is when the eye doctor approved my driving license renewal only on the condition of wearing glasses.
    And in direct answer to your question, no, the Bates method didn't help me at all in the new situation.

I tried a course with a book, exercise cards, CDs and charts, by Meir Schneider. He claims to have been born blind, was blind and read only with Braille until the age of 17, cured himself with Bates' exercises, and now has on his website a State of California driving license with no eyeglass requirements. His method is very highly spoken of, so I will not criticize it. I can only say that I tried it for some time and it didn't help me. But I believe very much in "different strokes for different folks", so even though it has not worked for me, it might work for others.
    He has some exercises with charts which I haven't yet done properly. I have to get his vocal instructions transferred to my mobile 'phone so that I can listen by earphones and move around while using it.
    I am doing one thing which might to some extent be called "Bates". My daily self-Reiki treatment includes both sending via fingertips to the eyes as well as holding my two palms over my two eyes for some time. This is similar to one of Bates' exercises, "palming". But I think the active ingredient is Reiki.
    Incidentally, I would like to ask those of you who are more experienced in the Forum: Shouldn't I, or someone else, maybe start a separate thread for "Reiki for the Eyes"?
    This might make this discussion easier to find.
    Best
    Yeruham
    hawkcwg
    hawkcwg

Post by hawkcwg Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Different strokes for different folks. Healin' is as healin' does.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:03 am

yeruham wrote:Thanks, Colin. I still have a long way to go. I won't consider this successful until I can throw away the eyeglasses.

hi

i have recently set a "deadline" Smile that i will throw away my glasses when i reach 40. (currently i am 37). if i continue giving reiki to my eyes, forehead, and behind the neck region, i am confident i "might" be able to do so... lol

take care
    salman
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:16 am

Thanks, Salman. I have actually been quite discouraged lately. But please keep me informed of your progress. It can only help.
    Very best,
    Yeruham
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:52 am

If Reiki is self-healing then
    we must be Captain of our own
    vessel.What ever orders we give
    will be obeyed by our inner self.
    It's a concept worth challenging
    without putting the stress of time
    limits on ones self. Gradually
    decrease the times you need to wear
    glasses.I know quite a few Reiki
    folks including my 10 year old grand-
    son and 15 year old granddaughter
    who are not wearing their prescribed
    glasses. I understand that not wearing
    glasses strengthens the eye muscles.
    Of course the longer you've been wearing
    glasses it may be more of a challenge
    but with Reiki help to move blocked energy
    the outcome depends on Keep It Simple sunny bounce Reiki from the Index finger to the eye 850837
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:41 am

hi there Bridget and Yeruham.

just from another dimension on whole process!

during healing ourselves or others, we have a tendency to become master of situation. we frequently talk about 'directing' reiki to a the ailing areas, 'putting CKR more than once to invigorate the rich effects', developing and applying certain techniques that appear to be clinical in appearance, etc.

it comes after some time when we realize that we are not the at the center of the process, rather we are only facilitating, letting the process to happen, and how much and which way it would happen, is often obscure from us.

pointing specifically to our topic, when i apply reiki to my eyes to rid spectacles, for example, i am commanding a certain event to happen, which may or may not occur as i wish..... this is in the very nature of reiki process... lets say if it does not happen, i need some persuasion to keep going without losing hope... here i have to trick my mind with something.... an easy (and harmless) way to trick my mind is that i tell it that my destination is too far away yet, lets say three years down the road....

this way, i can continue giving reiki to my eyes without expecting immediate results... if results come earlier, thats superb, if not, i will be still in the process towards it sunny

our mind is really a hard nut to crack Smile

take care
    salman
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Dear chi_solas,
    Thank you. I wear eyeglasses only when I drive. I am required by law, and it is marked on my license.
    I never wear them when not driving, even though I often see blurry. Things are blurry at a distance, but I see close-up and read with no glasses and no problems.
    I just sort of accept my situation and usually don't mind living in a blurry world. Some of the top people in improving eyesight without glasses, Bates and Schneider, recommend not pushing it. What I do find difficult is that I can barely see the stars, and then each one looks like a cluster of many stars. This is hard for me because I am trying to learn astrology.
    Dear Salman, if I may ask, do you send Reiki to your eyes for any specific period of time every day? I am doing about 5 minutes in gassho, meditating on the symbols, and about ten minutes to my eyes (usually 5 from a few centimeters away, and 5 with my palms on my eyes.) I don't know if this is enough or not.
    Very best,
    Yeruham
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:31 pm

yeruham wrote:Dear Salman, if I may ask, do you send Reiki to your eyes for any specific period of time every day? I am doing about 5 minutes in gassho, meditating on the symbols, and about ten minutes to my eyes (usually 5 from a few centimeters away, and 5 with my palms on my eyes.) I don't know if this is enough or not.
    Very best,
    Yeruham

i feel your way of giving reiki to eyes is very good indeed. gassho warms you up for the session, meditating relaxes you for the best results, and giving reiki firstly from a few centimeters and then by covering your eye through your palm... thats great.. i feel you are doing great...

one thing though, experienced reiki people often advise that a full body session once daily in addition to your particular area treatment, greatly enhances the results of the later.

keep it up buddy Smile

salman
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:51 pm

Salman, Thank you, Buddy, and thank you for calling me Buddy.
    I should really try that, the full body treatment.
    Best
    Yeruham
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:56 pm

i just noticed i m talking to somebody who has much more experience of life under his belt than me... it will be my honor to have you as my buddy.

thanks Smile

salman
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:02 am

Salman, Buddy, thank you for the compliment.
    It is also my honour.
    I am sorry I have to go offline in a minute or so. But we'll stayin touch for sure.
    Very best,
    Yeruham
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:02 am

yeruham wrote:Dear chi_solas,
    Thank you. I wear eyeglasses only when I drive. I am required by law, and it is marked on my license.
    I never wear them when not driving, even though I often see blurry. Things are blurry at a distance, but I see close-up and read with no glasses and no problems.
    I just sort of accept my situation and usually don't mind living in a blurry world. Some of the top people in improving eyesight without glasses, Bates and Schneider, recommend not pushing it. What I do find difficult is that I can barely see the stars, and then each one looks like a cluster of many stars. This is hard for me because I am trying to learn astrology.
    Dear Salman, if I may ask, do you send Reiki to your eyes for any specific period of time every day? I am doing about 5 minutes in gassho, meditating on the symbols, and about ten minutes to my eyes (usually 5 from a few centimeters away, and 5 with my palms on my eyes.) I don't know if this is enough or not.
    Very best,
    Yeruham

Yeruham, my husband had cataract surgery
    he now has twenty /twenty vision.........
    because his license states glasses he
    continues to wear his glasses on the tip
    of his nose when driving. He has a good driving
    record scratch but ...he's old fashion Basketball

If you are looking at stars you should be
    lying down to focus on them so not to strain
    your neck...a great hobby.. I wrote a north
    circumpolar Curriculum for kindergarteners sunny

I agree with salman that a full body session
    once daily in addition to your particular area
    treatment, greatly enhances the results. I
    personally have found that when I focused on a
    certain area, it appeared that Reiki priorities
    came first. The body may have to unblock another
    area first before getting to the eye area. bounce Reiki from the Index finger to the eye 850837

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 am