Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

How Reiki Session Affect Your Body?

rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

How Reiki Session Affect Your Body?

Post by rzukic on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:39 am

Good Morning Dear RLL Community, Very Happy

It is beautiful morning here in Chicago ( well, it is more on the account that it is (finally) first day of my vacation so I guess it qualifies bounce , after all, don’t’ they say: “It is all about the perceptions!”

Now to my question:

I was wondering if anybody here was interested to objectively assess how the reiki session affect us in the terms of: heart rate, blood pressure, respiratory rate, body temperature etc.

I would be very interested to find out if anybody participated in so-called Reiki Challenge (21 days, 30 days…you name it) where one would keep track of the value of blood pressure (and all of the above) before and after the session not only as the recipient (be it self-treatment or treatment by other) but also when we give a reiki treatment to others (both in-person and remotely).

Thanks

Best Regards,

Resko
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Re: How Reiki Session Affect Your Body?

Post by Lambs-Wool on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi Resko Smile

a good question buddy. clinical readings do have their importance in study of reiki related effects.

....and, when some of us genuinely believe that reiki can be described as an event/response occurring within / around us, the data of clinical evidence about a reiki session, would definitely make our description of reiki a little more expanded sunny Smile

i eagerly wait my buddies here throw their experiences on this !

take care

salman
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:23 am

I believe Palmela Miles did
    documentation as a nurse/Reiki
    teacher at the NY hospital where
    she worked. She was on one of
    the first DR Oz Shows demonstrating
    A Reiki Session. She might be a
    person to contact for such information study sunny

Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:29 am

Hi Bridget

I don't think Pamela is or was a nurse but she certainly helped kickstart Reiki programs in several hospitals, and has worked as a Reiki practitioner in several, including New York Presbyterian. Smile

Here is a letter to the editor of Journal of American College of Cardiology that contains some of the research, she and her colleagues have done:
    http://reikiinmedicine.org/pdf/jacc.pdf

Reiki: pure & simple

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/reiki.colin/reiki.htm
    http://www.facebook.com/reiki.pureandsimple

The divine is not something high above us. It is in heaven, it is in earth, it is inside us. (Morihei Ueshiba)

Reiki is what happens when you make friends with the Universe! (Colin)

Ki flows, Reiki glows! (Colin)
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:31 am

Colin wrote:Hi Bridget

I don't think Pamela is or was a nurse but she certainly helped kickstart Reiki programs in several hospitals, and has worked as a Reiki practitioner in several, including New York Presbyterian. Smile

Here is a letter to the editor of Journal of American College of Cardiology that contains some of the research, she and her colleagues have done:
    http://reikiinmedicine.org/pdf/jacc.pdf

Thanks Colin, I stand corrected
    her affiliation with hospitals
    was implementation of the Reiki
    programs sunny

rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:49 am

Thank You All for your inputs,

I was aware of Pamela's work and it is very interesting that you brought up that study about HRV. Last year I did quite some research on the topic (as a part of my research in relaxation and stress reduction/elimination).

When it comes to the study itself, I noticed there was no so-called "sham reiki (control) group" and it would be very interesting to see what difference would there be between the reiki and sham-reiki group.

But here is what really got my attention:

Here are two quotes from the study:

Reiki treatment was associated with an increase from baseline in mean Likert scale score for all positive emotional states (happy, relaxed, calm) and reductions for all negative states (stressed, angry, sad, frustrated, worried, scared, anxious)

And this:

Reiki, administered by nurses, significantly increased
    vagal activity as measured by HF HRV, compared with resting and music control conditions, with a decrease in negative and an increase in positive emotional states.

The author is saying the Reiki activated PNS (Parasympathetic Nervous System)and that improved HRV and Emotional State. And it does make a lot of sense.

However, I want to point out to, and get your opinion about:

1. When somebody takes care of us, as Nurses in this case, what would be our feeling towards those who help us? Would it be fair to say: gratitude and appreciation?

2. When we helping somebody who is ill, as in this case the Nurses what is our feeling towards them? Would it be fair to say: care and compassion?

Now, all of these feeling happen to be "core heart feelings" and as such are very powerful "tool" that can affect PNS and HRV as we will see just in a minute.

Let's now have some fun:

Here is the screenshot taking while I was writing this post. Note: I am using emwave from heartmath and it monitors the "coherence" level. It is set to the lowest level (level 1) And before somebody gets concerned about how low my coherence level is Very Happy let met tell that most of the people will have low coherence level so it is kind normal. But if we keep on practicing it will increase the baseline.

OK. Let's now do some reiki treatment. But first let's check my blood pressure and heart rate:

Here it is: 113/70 with 67 HB/per minute.

I'll be back shortly Very Happy. I am back and let's first check blood pressure and heart rate:

109/68 and 62 HB/minute

and here is the new screenshot :

Please note the increase in coherence starting from 8th minute of the treatment. It corresponds to chest & abdomen. Also I need to point out that during the body treatment I practice "breathing through the palms"

So for it seems that Reiki treatment does indeed improve the HRV. But let's now take look at 3rd screenshot:

The last example shows some amazing improvements! How did I do it? Using breathing technique (Note: similar results are achieved by self induced core heart feelings).

Specifically, I am following Frolov's protocol.

I hope after looking into above examples that it is clear now that it may be very hard to design the reiki study which would exclude the effect of core heart feelings and/or breathing. That's of course if we say that Reiki is "intelligent healing energy".

On the other hand, we all know that Takata was talking about how important the gratitude is and Dr. Usui apparently had told "first heal the mind and then heal the body" (Reiki Precepts). Therefore, I think if there is really study about Reiki effectiveness to be made, it should include the system as a whole and not only the body treatment (body can not heal if the mind is ill)

Finally, I was wondering if anybody else is doing anything similar to what I am doing (recording the sessions, etc) so we could exchange the ideas and results.

Best Regards,

Resko

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:10 am