Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

different aspects of "healing intelligence" - how do you see them ?

Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

different aspects of "healing intelligence" - how do you see them ?

Post by Lambs-Wool on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:36 pm

hi there.

talking outside reiki circles, and talking generally, people often have a belief that human body is 'programmed' to do its self repair. our immune system is equipped with necessary apparatus to optimize the available body resources towards healing. this seems to be an automatic system within our body which keeps operating on its own without our intent and apparent conscious instructions. there is an internal mechanism (maybe coded in genome/DNA) which makes possible that our body exists, as it would, and works, as it does. Then, perhaps it is the same coded mechanism which takes lead when healing is concerned. it is quite logical to assume that if cells of my liver are programmed for a specific function, for example, these cells 'might' also be progammed about what to do when a disease attacks them ? this assumption, i feel, will not be far stretched to hold.

when we consult some healing modality, whether it be conventional medicine, homeopathy, aroma therapy, energy therapies (add to the list, as you like), it is evident that we are borrowing help of a modality to assist us in our healing. how that healing takes place, and whose instructions will be followed in such 'assisted healing'... whether the items embodied in that modality will 'dictate' our body to do something ? or our body will take charge for 'best utilizing' the resources additionally made available to it by that modality. which factor will decide ?

when we talk about conventional medicine, for example, the biochemical / pharmacological forumula of the ingredients of that medicine supposedly heals up the problem by "becoming part of the immuno defense system" of the body as turbo booster, or it creates an independent defensive mechanism of its own to curb the disease ? for former, we can say that medicine follows intelligence of the body, for later, we can say that it makes (and utilizes) intelligence of its own. can you validate this comment or expand it accordingly ?

now when we turn this discussion (if really it is Smile ) to non-medicinal healing, we come across concepts that Reiki goes to the highest good for the person, and it follows its intelligence to do which is BEST for the person in the circumstances. when we say this concept aloud to ourselves, are we making a mistake ? can we contra-distinguish innate body intelligence with reiki's intelligence ? or we can say we are alluding ourselves by saying one thing and meaning another?

when we say reiki is intelligent, do we mean to say that reiki operates per some guidance of the spirit, whether it be individual's spirit or some universal spirit, can we say that ?

and, lets discuss that whether the guidance of spirit of an individual is alternatively called his innate bodily intelligence ?

i don't know that what i m interested to know is only a self created confusion or that you also have this confusion sometimes Smile ??

i mean, i may experience a better reiki just by expanding/enhancing my perception about the process as a whole. study

take care

Salman
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Re: different aspects of "healing intelligence" - how do you see them ?

Post by chi_solas on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:20 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:hi there.

talking outside reiki circles, and talking generally, people often have a belief that human body is 'programmed' to do its self repair. our immune system is equipped with necessary apparatus to optimize the available body resources towards healing. this seems to be an automatic system within our body which keeps operating on its own without our intent and apparent conscious instructions. there is an internal mechanism (maybe coded in genome/DNA) which makes possible that our body exists, as it would, and works, as it does. Then, perhaps it is the same coded mechanism which takes lead when healing is concerned. it is quite logical to assume that if cells of my liver are programmed for a specific function, for example, these cells 'might' also be progammed about what to do when a disease attacks them ? this assumption, i feel, will not be far stretched to hold.

when we consult some healing modality, whether it be conventional medicine, homeopathy, aroma therapy, energy therapies (add to the list, as you like), it is evident that we are borrowing help of a modality to assist us in our healing. how that healing takes place, and whose instructions will be followed in such 'assisted healing'... whether the items embodied in that modality will 'dictate' our body to do something ? or our body will take charge for 'best utilizing' the resources additionally made available to it by that modality. which factor will decide ?

when we talk about conventional medicine, for example, the biochemical / pharmacological forumula of the ingredients of that medicine supposedly heals up the problem by "becoming part of the immuno defense system" of the body as turbo booster, or it creates an independent defensive mechanism of its own to curb the disease ? for former, we can say that medicine follows intelligence of the body, for later, we can say that it makes (and utilizes) intelligence of its own. can you validate this comment or expand it accordingly ?

now when we turn this discussion (if really it is Smile ) to non-medicinal healing, we come across concepts that Reiki goes to the highest good for the person, and it follows its intelligence to do which is BEST for the person in the circumstances. when we say this concept aloud to ourselves, are we making a mistake ? can we contra-distinguish innate body intelligence with reiki's intelligence ? or we can say we are alluding ourselves by saying one thing and meaning another?

when we say reiki is intelligent, do we mean to say that reiki operates per some guidance of the spirit, whether it be individual's spirit or some universal spirit, can we say that ?

and, lets discuss that whether the guidance of spirit of an individual is alternatively called his innate bodily intelligence ?

i don't know that what i m interested to know is only a self created confusion or that you also have this confusion sometimes Smile ??

i mean, i may experience a better reiki just by expanding/enhancing my perception about the process as a whole. study

take care

Salman

Salman, I look at the Reiki system
    as a healing modality that uses
    natural healing. If you watch the
    birth of a child and observe its
    natural growth you can see the gradual
    changes from infant to toddler to child
    to young adult to adult. The human body
    takes care of the obvious finger nails/hair
    monthly cycles,shedding skin, etc; This
    wonderful human machine has a brain with
    a sub/conscious and it awaits orders to
    be relayed. We are unaware of the work
    the body does through the nervous system
    how it protects us is very complex.It has
    its own pharmacuetical much more superior
    to the man made one. However we have been
    conditioned to rely on man made supplies
    to heal us. Watch how the body self heals
    a cut. I'm not forgetting that if folks find
    themselves in a terrible accident that they
    do not ask for a Reiki practitioner to sew back
    injured limbs etc; This is a great subject
    and needs more time for in-depth discussion. sunny flower :

Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:43 pm

Thanks Bridget. i will borrow your post to expand on my questions :

chi_solas wrote:

I look at the Reiki system
    as a healing modality that uses
    natural healing. If you watch the
    birth of a child and observe its
    natural growth you can see the gradual
    changes from infant to toddler to child
    to young adult to adult. The human body
    takes care of the obvious finger nails/hair
    monthly cycles,shedding skin, etc; This
    wonderful human machine has a brain with
    a sub/conscious and it awaits orders to
    be relayed.

yes, these facts lead us to confirm that human body has a set of instructions in its own for growth, progress, repair and healing. when we talk about healing we happily borrow the phrase "innate intelligence" but as for growth and progress, the same intelligence works throughout our travel from newborn to toddler to kid to adult and then elderly. so we 'know' that some intelligence is always inbuilt to us even before the reiki treatments.

We are unaware of the work
    the body does through the nervous system
    how it protects us is very complex.It has
    its own pharmacuetical much more superior
    to the man made one.

i suppose somebody with a medical background will be helpful to explain how interaction of medicines with our body takes place. two views immediately surface for me : (1) medicinal ingredients react in a way that such reactions become a sub-set/component of the original immune system/reaction variables of the body. OR (2) medicinal ingredients are designed to react in a way that they create a temporary, independent, external, reaction system on diseased areas of the body to heal these areas.

for (1) we can say that even the medicine uses the innate healing intelligence of the body by becoming part of it, and then boosting it. For (2), we can say that medicine creates its own intelligence.

However we have been
    conditioned to rely on man made supplies
    to heal us.

if reiki is a complementary modality, we can say that using an appropriate 'mix' of medicines and reiki, does the wonder of healing in a good way.

if reiki is an alternative modality, we will have to see if we can break the ropes of the 'conditioning' you mentioned .

This is a great subject

yes, and i openly admit that i have the questions only, and i am not even near the answers sunny Smile

take care

salman
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:02 am

[quote="Lambs-Wool"]
    Thanks Bridget. i will borrow your post to expand on my questions :

[quote="chi_solas"]

if reiki is a complementary modality, we can say that using an appropriate 'mix' of medicines and reiki, does the wonder of healing in a good way.

Healing happens with traditional/alternatives
    If a person goes through Chemo and believes
    that it will heal them and also that they will
    not lose their hair during this treatment. If
    they have programmed this thought to be true
    most likely this will happen. bounce

if reiki is an alternative modality, we will have to see if we can break the ropes of the 'conditioning' you mentioned .

if you don't experiment you'll never know sunny

This is a great subject

yes, and i openly admit that i have the questions only, and i am not even near the answers sunny Smile

Sharing our ideas no matter what our
    Philosophy, can bring new thoughts into
    what works for me, may not work for you Arrow

Pachamama

Post by Pachamama on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:18 pm

I've just routed out an old book from my shelf, The Healing Intelligence, by Harry Edwards. ( he was a great British Healer) Not read this book for many years, but I feel prompted to have a gander through it again.
    ~

Through my own experiences as a facilitator of healing, I have come to the conclusion that there are many intelligent forces at work. Every single cell in the body has it's own intelligence and function. When they perform at their best they are like little coggs in a great big clockwork wheel which makes up the human body. Aswell as all the systems of the human body, we also have an anatomy of spirit...we have energetic processes and networks which run through us all and connects us all.

Reiki and all other forms of spiritual healing work on all these levels of being. On occasion I have seen Reiki run along thin web-like threads of energy within the body. It was like seeing a spider web with little droplets of water on it glistening in the sun. I would see these shimmering pulses of light run along a thread. really quite beautiful! at other times I have a picture of a specific organ starting to redden up and gain better blood flow and look healthier..
    ( these sightings don't happen often though, just occasionally)

The conclusion I've come to is The Reiki brings forth the correct vibrational healing frequencies to work at what ever level is required. Sometimes it's quite gentle and light working on the 'light/energy' body, other times it feels quite deep and pulsey working on a more organic material level of being. Other times the gentle energies flow to help ease emotional mental levels of being.

Sometimes I feel the presence of other beings around me helping out with proceedings, and some people say they feel many hands on them when only my hands are physically present.

There is always a bigger picture at play and I believe that healing helps all levels of being harmonise and become more balanced. It's not just about kick-starting the body's own natural healing intelligence, its far far greater than that. I love you

Pachamama

Post by Pachamama on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:33 pm

and as regards medicines from doctors....every single thing we put in our mouth produces a physiological response. Some medicines create a very specific response within certain cells of certain oragns because they have a very specific molecular structure which is manipulated by the molecular structure of of the medicine ingested. But I would say this is more of a manipulation of the physiological responses of the human body rather than kick starting the body's own healing intelligence. Because some of these medicines also have very detrimental side effects. Allopathic health care only treats the physical material side of illness or disease. It very rarely understands the many illnesses has it's foundation at an energetic level.

Pachamama

Post by Pachamama on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:34 pm

God I'm not very articulate but you knwo what I'm saying! ahah
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:47 am

Pachamama wrote:and as regards medicines from doctors....every single thing we put in our mouth produces a physiological response. Some medicines create a very specific response within certain cells of certain oragns because they have a very specific molecular structure which is manipulated by the molecular structure of of the medicine ingested. But I would say this is more of a manipulation of the physiological responses of the human body rather than kick starting the body's own healing intelligence. Because some of these medicines also have very detrimental side effects. Allopathic health care only treats the physical material side of illness or disease. It very rarely understands the many illnesses has it's foundation at an energetic level.

My lack of medical knowledge
    and my not needing to know how
    the medical world works. ....
    was a blessing for me to focus
    only on me during my healing
    journey. bounce sunny

Pachamama

Post by Pachamama on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:09 am

flower I love you
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:00 pm

Pachamama wrote: On occasion I have seen Reiki run along thin web-like threads of energy within the body. It was like seeing a spider web with little droplets of water on it glistening in the sun. I would see these shimmering pulses of light run along a thread. really quite beautiful! at other times I have a picture of a specific organ starting to redden up and gain better blood flow and look healthier..
    ( these sightings don't happen often though, just occasionally)

hi

when a reiki healer feels sensations like above, does it happen that the client also feels the same sensations ?
    i have often experienced that i'm not feeling any distinguishable sensations during reiki session whereas the person i'm treating, feels and describes afterwards that he had observed many things going on during the session, of a description like you have given above.

so feeling a sensation does really mean that we can objectively say that such thing was really happening ? for example, if you feel that energy is running like a mesh or a like a spider web, can we assume that energy was really acting in this way ?

my this question assumes importance since practitioner and client often get different feelings for one single phenomenon called Reiki study

Pachamama wrote:
    The conclusion I've come to is The Reiki brings forth the correct vibrational healing frequencies to work at what ever level is required. Sometimes it's quite gentle and light working on the 'light/energy' body, other times it feels quite deep and pulsey working on a more organic material level of being. Other times the gentle energies flow to help ease emotional mental levels of being.

Sometimes I feel the presence of other beings around me helping out with proceedings, and some people say they feel many hands on them when only my hands are physically present.

There is always a bigger picture at play and I believe that healing helps all levels of being harmonise and become more balanced. It's not just about kick-starting the body's own natural healing intelligence, its far far greater than that. I love you

thats a lovely narrative and i gather a lot of food for thought Smile

take care

salman

Pachamama

Post by Pachamama on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:27 pm

It's very rare that what I am seeing or feeling is the same as or similar to the experience of the client! Laughing

even though we find ourselves in a sacred space of 'oneness' during the healing process, it would seem that the experience of the process is a unique subjective experience to both recipient and practitioner..(at least thats how it has been for me) I can work on a specific area..and the recipient can feel things going on and improvements in that area, but how we see and feel those experiences are often completely different!

a couple of months ago I was working with a lady, who experienced the 'flow' of Reiki throughout her body in this way......

she said it always feels like goosebumps starting at the tips of her fingers and toes, then these goosebumps run down her arms and up her legs where they all 'flow' to meet at a central point at her solar plexus!!!! she said it felt like it was following the path of the nervous system! I found this very very interesting.

I had absolutely no inkling that the reiki was moving in this way on this day....I was just very aware that when I placed my hands on some areas they felt very 'empty'...and so kept my hands there until it felt right to move them.

Years ago I was working with a gentleman and during a particular treatment I had a very profound experience...( I had a vision of Usui in which he showered me and the proceedings with golden seeds) it was sooooo beautiful! I love you after the treatment the recipient and I chatted and it turned out he'd had his own vision but it was of his nearest and dearest...

when I first became involved with healing I received a treatment from a local healer...during this treatment I had a very powerful and disturbing vision, which quite frankly scared the life out of me......but during this vision, a white light appeared and sucked away the image.. it sort of swirled up into a vortex of white light!!

after the treatment I told the healer what I had experienced and asked him if he'd he could see what I saw and if he'd brought in the white light to 'remove it' he said he had no idea what I had seen and that it was me that brought in the white light...... at the time I felt very confused.....and wasn't sure what he meant when he said I had brought in the light... but over the years his words have made more sense...

when I think of the differnt experiences of recipient and practitioner....I think about information I have read about mediums.....how when they receive information it is often in symbolic form using what 'tools' of reference are already in the mind of the medium.

for example too mediums might receive a message from a bloke called Bill....one medium may have a best mate called Bill and sees and image of his mate so understands that the message means the contact is called Bill.

Another medium may not know anyone called bill so instead sees a an electricity bill...and from this 'tool' of reference deduces that the contact is called bill.

For me the language of Spirit is symbolic...and and because we are all individuals living very unique lives...our 'tools' of reference are going to differ.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:37 pm