Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

You have something of value to add to Reiki?

Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

You have something of value to add to Reiki?

Post by Milarepa on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:46 pm

Whilst much of Mikao Usui is held in dispute, what is generally accepted is that he had some form of extra-ordinary experience on Kurama Yama, after years of diligent work and an extreme 21 day experience. It is implied that we have our own Reiki experience from this. The culmination of his life work perhaps.

What is it about your own Reiki experience that implies you have something of value to add, take away or tweak what Mikao Usui passed to us?

What is/are your extra-ordinary experiences?

Are you sufficiently equipped to be fully aware of all factors in anything you change and pass on?

Have you had the time, opportunity and training, such as a man educated in many disciplines from a culture where focus is everything? And his own training was extreme?

How effective is the odd weekend, or week long course, coupled with the ability to freely access websites?

Is there a culture of 'I know best' in the Reiki community? Such as in the erosion of civil liberties we see in some colleagues actions toward individual rights and permission?

Perhaps there has been a 'wolf in sheep's clothing' among us for so long, that even attempting to 'out' this parasitic egotistical coup brings scorn upon those that dare mention it.

Warmest wishes

Wayne

Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Re: You have something of value to add to Reiki?

Post by Lambs-Wool on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:35 am

wayne, i had written a long post, unfotunately hit the backspace button accidently, and all gone. wish me luck next time, as i gather what i was thinking before this...
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:01 pm

hi Wayne Smile

your questions flow so freely ! many different aspects of things which have separate subject, but which nevertheless can be discussed as a unified whole.

Milarepa wrote:Whilst much of Mikao Usui is held in dispute, what is generally accepted is that he had some form of extra-ordinary experience on Kurama Yama, after years of diligent work and an extreme 21 day experience. It is implied that we have our own Reiki experience from this. The culmination of his life work perhaps.

Usui Sensei. as we generally know of him, was a person brought up within a rich culture of esoteric practices, shaped up through vibrant zen and shinto traditions in the Japanese society. he was perhaps well trained in all noteworthy disciplines and practices of his time. But even with this background, he seems to have had an quest for more. He was un-ambigiously searching for the truth. We don't really know what he was searching about in meditation on mount Kurama Yama. But definitely some about un-answered questions maybe. he was searching about truth that was specific for him for that moment.

as we know, definition of truth keeps on changing for us, as we progress into things. the truth that holds good for us today, may not be so a month down the road, and so on. Thus, it would be difficult to say that what exactly Usui Sensei was searching at that particular moment when he had the revelation we know about as 'Reiki'

Milarepa wrote:
    What is it about your own Reiki experience that implies you have something of value to add, take away or tweak what Mikao Usui passed to us?

as Usui did, we all would find ourselves in searching for our own definitions of truth. Enlightened by the spiritual flavor reiki has brought with us, we will be experimenting on different perceptions of reality, validating and invalidating what we've previously known, and jumping to new thoughts, both within reiki, and quite outside of it too...

in the event, if we find something that can be meaningfully described as a tweak or an 'add-on' to the existing system of reiki, we must behold that it was not our prime objective per se. it did occur to us, as reiki did occur to Usui Sensei, just passing by the road ! Smile

Milarepa wrote:

What is/are your extra-ordinary experiences?

Are you sufficiently equipped to be fully aware of all factors in anything you change and pass on?

these are quite difficult questions to answer ! Smile

the experience which i hold as 'extra-ordinary' might be a common one for a person having bigger vision, and broader perception... there is no benchmark, except the benchmark i will have set for myself for this Smile

as i would be adding constantly and continuously to my individual knowledge pool, i must be very much careful about deciding when and what to 'add' to a reiki system handed down to me... this is a very critical and crucial moment... quite possible, something which today i feel as an 'add-on' or a 'unusual discovery', might be something which i could remember tomorrow as only a stepping stone towards my travel on the path.

Milarepa wrote:

Have you had the time, opportunity and training, such as a man educated in many disciplines from a culture where focus is everything? And his own training was extreme?

again, there are some surrounding circumstance that must be taken to account. it is quite possible that a person hasn't had a long training in reiki, but he had similar such training, poise and skill-set in some other discipline relating to energy healing, etc. Can we say that such experience can be reckoned towards the sum total of overall reiki expertise ?

Milarepa wrote:

How effective is the odd weekend, or week long course, coupled with the ability to freely access websites?

quite so effective when they set a course for further sailing ! Smile otherwise, these courses are an ego-boost, making us ready for doing big mistakes, and then learning from them !

Milarepa wrote:
    Is there a culture of 'I know best' in the Reiki community? Such as in the erosion of civil liberties we see in some colleagues actions toward individual rights and permission?

this culture is prevalent in 'human community', let alone be talked about reiki community ! Smile

take care

salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:01 pm