Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Where does Reiki Come From ?

Jazz

Where does Reiki Come From ? Empty Where does Reiki Come From ?

Post by Jazz Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:07 am

For me Reiki just happens when I intend to use it.

However I have no idea where it comes from, whether I'm doing it right and I find the effects are subtle and difficult to quantify.

I might feel better for doing Reiki but can't really prove it's the Reiki that's responsible

I have no concept of the source of the energies, spirit guides etc...

Do others experience this differently ?

I do however have quite vivid dreams from time to time though only of a vague spiritual nature mostly of mundane things...

Jazz
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Where does Reiki Come From ? Empty Re: Where does Reiki Come From ?

Post by Colin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:38 am

Hi Jazz

From my understanding Reiki does not come from anywhere - it is already everywhere! Smile

It's just that we only become aware of it, and emanate it, when we are in an appropriate state of mind e.g. with intent to practice Reiki, or when in a meditative atmosphere or state of high vibration. As we emanate Reiki from within ourselves it joins with the Reiki of the Universe (which is really the same Reiki because, as Usui discovered: We are the Universe and the Universe is Us!)

It is always there and always has been and will be and all we need to do is make ourselves aware of it Smile

You can't 'do it' you can only experience it and the experience is enhanced by remaining in an appropriate state of mind/vibration. Reiki itself does what it needs to do, whilst we are silent by-standers witnessing this for ourselves and others.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:40 am

Jazz wrote:For me Reiki just happens when I intend to use it.

However I have no idea where it comes from, whether I'm doing it right and I find the effects are subtle and difficult to quantify.

I might feel better for doing Reiki but can't really prove it's the Reiki that's responsible

I have no concept of the source of the energies, spirit guides etc...

Do others experience this differently ?

I do however have quite vivid dreams from time to time though only of a vague spiritual nature mostly of mundane things...

Jazz

Hi Jazz like Colin said, Reiki
    is everywhere & always was
    and will be. It's a subtle natural
    healing process that goes un-
    noticed most times,we take for
    granted the way a surface cut heals.
    When we work on our physical
    emotional and spiritual needs
    we are going much deeper than
    a surface cut and time to heal
    depends on the individual folks. sunny 
    Jazz

Post by Jazz Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:24 am

Are beings such as Spirit Guides, Ascended Masters etc always involved when we practice Reiki and/or during attunement ?
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:45 am

Hi Jazz

Maybe (who knows?) but Spirit Guides and Ascended Masters in relation to Reiki practice were introduced into the teachings as Reiki spread from America in the 70s and 80s. They are not part of traditional Japanese Reiki teachings and I have no experience of them in relation to my Reiki practice.

Smile
    fshortt
    fshortt
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by fshortt Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:38 am

Jazz wrote:Are beings such as Spirit Guides, Ascended Masters etc always involved when we practice Reiki and/or during attunement ?

In my experience, no.

f

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:58 am