Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

New 'Contributor of the Month' award!

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

New 'Contributor of the Month' award! Empty New 'Contributor of the Month' award!

Post by Milarepa Wed May 27, 2009 11:40 pm

Hi All,
    From 1st June 2009, RLL will be making an award for 'Contributor of the Month' for one single forum post. All members can nominate any posts (except their own). Criteria for that one post that is exceptional could be along the lines of:- Most helpful, insightful, spiritual, or, over-all, embodies the very essence of Reiki. Or, for any good reason you can come up with yourself.

The 10 most popular nominations (by last day of month), will be looked at, and decided which 'postee' recieves the prize.

i'm not able to enter, and in the event other 'award-deciders' are also nominated, i'll ask two other members to help me decide, whom will represent the various forum views, via their own.

The prize will be payment for/or toward (depending on the practitioners rates) a Reiki session. The amount will be for £25, and payable via paypal.

This includes package & posting to an address of the members choice.

A topic will be placed once a month, at the beginning of the month to enable folks to nominate. If you could say in the nomination:-

1. Who posted it.
    2. What forum it's in.
    3. The name of the topic.
    4. Why you think it stands out.

The idea of the award, is to show appreciation for pearls of wisdom that may help quite a lot. It's not about one person being 'better' than another, since that's not the way we all go about things here, Smile .

The starting months prize (June 2009), is the 'Living Matrix Movie' DVD. (check recommended DVD's.. for a synopsis).

To ensure no single person will dominate the award, RLL staff reserve the right to limit the eligibility for the award, to two awards within a six month period, for any single member.

Last edited by LightBody on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:59 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : New prize focus)
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

New 'Contributor of the Month' award! Empty Re: New 'Contributor of the Month' award!

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Thu May 28, 2009 1:51 am

I know a handful who's going to make it every month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

cheers
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

New 'Contributor of the Month' award! Empty Re: New 'Contributor of the Month' award!

Post by Milarepa Thu May 28, 2009 6:09 am

we're working on ways atm that will enable all to have a chance, and also so as no single person can consistently have the prize, as that would just get plain boring, hehe. It's not gonna be about how eloquantly a person is able to get a point across 9remember, a [person can be nominated for any good reason), it'll be more about how useful members found it (via nomination), and the staff's part will be purely appraising how that post might help others down the line.

Everything will be fully ironed out by June 1st.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:54 am

RLL staff are reserving the right to limit eligibility to two awards within a six month period (starting from first award), for any one member. This will ensure no single person dominates the award.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:24 am

The Monthly prize has been decided to change. Instead of a prize toward the person whom has posted, instead, cash will be awarded. This is to pay for, or pay toward, a Reiki session. All we ask is that the Reiki session be for someone whom needs a Reiki session, and/or cannot pay for it themselves.

In this way, RLL continues to give credit to the wisdom you share with us, and simultaneously we're all generating a Reiki session for someone whom needs it and possibly can't afford it.

The award is for £25, paid into a paypal account preferably.
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:42 am

that sounds fair to me.
    fshortt
    fshortt
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by fshortt Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:37 am

will only nominate myself Hahahaha!
    seriously though, good prize "Pay it forward" as James would put it Smile

f
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:53 am

nominate yourself for the treatment? Ahh, you get paid to do a self-treament! hehe.
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:21 am

Excellent, never thought that far, but a great scheme Smile I am in Hahahaha
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:04 am

RLL is continuously looking at new concepts that set this forum out from all others. A part of our work is to review existing ideas. The 'Contributor of the month' was created to enable us all to give that worthwhile post some small recoqnition, a bit of applause or pat on the back, if you will. This section has brought some great cheers, maybe even standing ovations for some.

We feel now that it's time to set aside this concept to make way for another one that we've been working on for some time. One that would be very, very unique, and immenseley worthwhile for all Reiki folks. And no, we can't say anything more, you'll just have to wait! We do hope to begin rolling it out within the next few weeks perhaps.

This section here has been an immensely postive one, a section i've a strong affection for. To publicly show appreciation in the way we did here, may have made some uncomfortable initially, We're on this forum not just for ourselves but for each other. I'm sure i speak for everyone when i say every single post has been essential for our growth & understanding with Reiki. This section in particular went one huge step further, in us collectively feeling such a bond for each others posts that we went further articulating our appreciation than many feel they can in other places on the internet. It's a sign of how our highly active community is a real meeting place of freinds and colleagues, and is a testament, that no matter how it may appear in other sections of our forum with deep intellectual debate, that at the end of the day, we fully support, respect, and care for ones another views.

The section will remain open for all to read in the future, so others might benefit from these individual posts.

Thankyou so much for particpating in this section,
    RLL.

bashburn

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:38 pm