Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Milarepa
thehungrycaterpillar
6 posters

Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is?

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is? Empty Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is?

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:16 am

Hey!

Is Reiki energy basically the same no matter what the style is?
    I am only aware of Usui and the Kundalini and nothing else , ofcourse QT, but QT falls under ULFE.

and

What determines the style of Reiki, primarily the Symbols? Principles? What sets them apart?

Thanks much,
    sunny

THC
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is? Empty Re: Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is?

Post by Milarepa Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:16 pm

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:Hey!

Is Reiki energy basically the same no matter what the style is?

Reiki is the phenonemon of expereincing our divinity. We have initiations in which we have the ability to do this. It's the symbols that unlock this for us. In a specific way. Change the symbols, changes the way of interacting with it, sometimes changes what we completely interact with.

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:
    What determines the style of Reiki, primarily the Symbols? Principles? What sets them apart?

The whole package of Reiki sets it apart from most other modalities.

what sets styles apart, is symbols, techniques, and the teaching of what Reiki is. Smile .

Take care
    Wayne
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is? Empty Re: Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is?

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:57 am

Change the symbols, changes the way of interacting with it, sometimes changes what we completely interact with.

Isn't that awesome!?? sunny

Sounds so simple yet nobody can prove anything!!!

and
    in Kundalini Reiki , there isn't even any symbol!!?? affraid
    How do we explain that?? cyclops
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:04 am

Sounds so simple yet nobody can prove anything!!!

This is why, imo, different styles will hav e differenty 'feelings' to it.

and
    in Kundalini Reiki , there isn't even any symbol!!?? affraid
    How do we explain that?? cyclops

Better ask Ole. Though i;m pretty sure Ole was mainstream Reiki before KR.

We gotta remember what the initiations are for. They're confering on us the sbility to access our divinity. Once we get to level 3, we then have teh ability to pass that onto others. We'll of course have DKM in theres somewhere. Yet, as we are empoered to pass the ability on, we can cgange things, abd still pass something on. As we have the spirituakl empowerment.

whether one should do this, is another matter, hehe.

take care
    Wayne
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:19 am

This is why, imo, different styles will hav e differenty 'feelings' to it.

Holy bleep!
    Yo, Wayne, I just came across a nutty book and the way they describe or identify 'different' energies...
    Before the 'Tsunami' hits which is in T-16 days, I will try to get it to you!!!

Laughing

Better ask Ole. Though i;m pretty sure Ole was mainstream Reiki before KR.

Ole..Ole-ley..Ole..Ole-ley...

Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is? 837313

((((((((((((Calling Ole)))))))))))))))

We gotta remember what the initiations are for. They're confering on us the sbility to access our divinity. Once we get to level 3, we then have teh ability to pass that onto others. We'll of course have DKM in theres somewhere. Yet, as we are empoered to pass the ability on, we can cgange things, abd still pass something on. As we have the spirituakl empowerment.

whether one should do this, is another matter, hehe.

How come people come up with new symbols? So whatz happening?
    and do the new ones still look 'japanese'??
    The info is that they are 'given'... by who? Reiki or Usui?

This is interesting...

Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is? 158903
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:38 am

Before the 'Tsunami' hits which is in T-16 days, I will try to get it to you!!!

Tsunami in 16 days?

How come people come up with new symbols?

Some channel them. some pick them, after reading about them.

So whatz happening?

I feel that when a person has recieved the ability to pass 'Reiki' onto another, they can do other things, such as make new styles, and possibly empower tgem, via their own spark if divinity.

Sometimes this has worked out ok, other times it's just weird.

and do the new ones still look 'japanese'??

Quite often new symbols aren't japanese related in any way. other times they are variations.

The info is that they are 'given'... by who? Reiki or Usui?

Hehe, i havn't heard of anyone being directly in contact with Usui sensei. that's not to say some aren't saying it, Smile .

take care
    Wayne
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:50 am

Tsunami in 16 days?

what , you didn't read my 'summer special' post in the coffee bar forum??
    Laughing

Some channel them.

Cool!

Sometimes this has worked out ok, other times it's just weird.

I have come across weird Reiki attunements...
    Whatz the worst you have come across?
    bounce

I came across one that help you manifest money..

Quite often new symbols aren't japanese related in any way. other times they are variations.

Suspect Question Question Rolling Eyes
    Do people use symbols in any other type of healing or practice?
    I know the witchcraft uses pentagrams and we have yantras....

Most of them are like geometric patterns.... scratch

Hehe, i havn't heard of anyone being directly in contact with Usui sensei. that's not to say some aren't saying it, Smile .

Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is? 564490
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:13 am

Tsunami in 16 days?

what , you didn't read my 'summer special' post in the coffee bar forum??
    Laughing

i'll check it out now, Smile .

I don't wanna really single any out, as we're tolerant of all exprssions of Reiki here, Smile . you've only to go on ebay to see prime examples.

This isn't my opimion, but others have toldme that the 'energy' in Tera Mai, is real weird.

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:[
    I know the witchcraft uses pentagrams and we have yantras....

Symbols have long been used in this way. In fact, the Nazi's used the swastika, which is an anceeitn symbol. It wasn't they liked the shape either, but was part of their occult way of thinking.

There's great power, and knowledge in symbols. I know 4 straight of the top of my head as good example,s hehe.

take care
    Wayne
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:00 am

Define 'worst'...

I came across one that help you manifest money...

I also have an attunement for that, only the one I have is probably far more effective than the one you've seen.
    I've proved beyond doubt that it works - I'll happly perform the attunement for you, and I'll only charge you $950
    - though you will have to be re-attuned by me on a regular basis

It will only cost you another $743 for each re-attunement, which I recommend you receive at least once a month, or whenever I want a little spare cash .... pirat

Yes, they do.

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:50 am

I don't wanna really single any out, as we're tolerant of all exprssions of Reiki here, Smile . you've only to go on ebay to see prime examples.

lol!

This isn't my opimion, but others have toldme that the 'energy' in Tera Mai, is real weird.

I'll check it out... scratch bounce

Symbols have long been used in this way. In fact, the Nazi's used the swastika, which is an anceeitn symbol. It wasn't they liked the shape either, but was part of their occult way of thinking.

Actually it is a hindu symbol as well. I am afraid to use it outside India for the fear of being misunderstood... silent

There's great power, and knowledge in symbols. I know 4 straight of the top of my head as good example,s hehe.

Which ones?? Suspect
    Oh ..... OH???!!! OH!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy , Ok, you got me,

Yeah, I know those, other than that?
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:55 am

Define 'worst'...

Laughing

I also have an attunement for that, only the one I have is probably far more effective than the one you've seen.
    I've proved beyond doubt that it works - I'll happly perform the attunement for you, and I'll only charge you $950
    - though you will have to be re-attuned by me on a regular basis

It will only cost you another $743 for each re-attunement, which I recommend you receive at least once a month, or whenever I want a little spare cash .... pirat
    [quote]

lol!

Oh, James!!

Yes, they do.

wa..what? That's all you are going to say?

bounce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:16 am

There's great power, and knowledge in symbols. I know 4 straight of the top of my head as good example's hehe.

Which ones?? Suspect
    Oh ..... OH???!!! OH!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy , Ok, you got me,

Yeah, I know those, other than that?

For sure, Reiki folks know the four symbols. However, do Reiki folks know the power & knowledge within them? Not usually. And when it's not glaring them straight in the face, they assume there's nothing else to learn or discover about the symbols. They're merely relegated to 'tools' that are to be discarded once one has 'progressed' enough. All aboard for the ego-trip, hehe. I know, i was the bus driver.

Kinda interesting also THC, you never asked me exactly what i was talking about though. Not a direct comment to you, per se, but folks take a Reiki course, and assume they know all there is to know about the symbols. It's not so.

Studying even slightly, we can see what Usui sensei had wanted to get across in this path. I've always found it kinda exciting, it's almost as if one can step back in time, if 'time' even existed, hehe.

One of the best things i could ever advise another in Reiki, is go research the symbols. Or, try to get some help. I can't elaborate anymore on them really, i don't know neaough fopr starters. I've also took a blood oath, and don't wish to disembowel myself, as i've been working my stomach out for the impending summer. Yeee-haaaaaaa!! Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is? 158903 .

take care
    wayne
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:09 am

For sure, Reiki folks know the four symbols. However, do Reiki folks know the power & knowledge within them? Not usually. And when it's not glaring them straight in the face, they assume there's nothing else to learn or discover about the symbols. They're merely relegated to 'tools' that are to be discarded once one has 'progressed' enough. All aboard for the ego-trip, hehe. I know, i was the bus driver.

Kinda interesting also THC, you never asked me exactly what i was talking about though. Not a direct comment to you, per se, but folks take a Reiki course, and assume they know all there is to know about the symbols. It's not so.

Oh My Freaking Lord!!
    Thanks for the swipe with that frying pan, you are good, do you cook??!

Yes, I am guilty of thinking of them as just focusing tools, all be it, powerful, but never bothered to think twice about it.
    I use them, I respect them, practice them but never cared to dig deep.

Studying even slightly, we can see what Usui sensei had wanted to get across in this path. I've always found it kinda exciting, it's almost as if one can step back in time, if 'time' even existed, hehe.

Shocked

One of the best things i could ever advise another in Reiki, is go research the symbols. Or, try to get some help. I can't elaborate anymore on them really, i don't know neaough fopr starters.

I'll look up. cheers
    I never knew 'materials' existed for such things. .... translate the symbol and I thought I was done.?! Rolling Eyes

I've also took a blood oath, and don't wish to disembowel myself, as i've been working my stomach out for the impending summer. Yeee-haaaaaaa!! Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is? 158903 .

Suspect working on getting ripped eh?
    Whatever you do, promise me you won't wear one of those - a size too small speedos, especially in white.
    We women get traumatized every summer.

lol!
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:31 pm

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:Actually it is a hindu symbol as well. I am afraid to use it outside India for the fear of being misunderstood... silent

It's also a Buddhist symbol (in Japan, it is known as the Manji)

wa..what? That's all you are going to say?

What more did you want me to say?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:51 pm

Yes, I am guilty of thinking of them as just focusing tools, all be it, powerful, but never bothered to think twice about it.
    I use them, I respect them, practice them but never cared to dig deep.

If a person is content with it that way, there's nothing wrong with that. There's more to learn though, and ime, it deepens one's perception & spirituality.

I'll look up. cheers
    I never knew 'materials' existed for such things. .... translate the symbol and I thought I was done.?! Rolling Eyes

A lot of stuff is in the public domain, so that bit's easy. What isn't as easy is knowing what to look for, hehe. Someone (not me) helping in this is good, Smile .

take care
    Wayne
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:43 am

I presume you're talking about the Big Book of Reiki Symbols, and Reiki and the Healing Buddha? Both of these books go into symbols in great detail.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:10 am

I wasn't talking about any books, hehe. I havn't read either of those two, Smile .
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:15 am

Nice!! I have to look it up.

What more did you want me to say?

Very Happy

Probably I should google - religions or healing practices that use symbols and I will be given a list... bounce ?

My point is a lot of them seem to be of geometrical patterns... Suspect

Thanks James! Basketball.... for all those jazzy info... sunny
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:19 am

What isn't as easy is knowing what to look for, hehe. Someone (not me) helping in this is good, Smile .

Wayne, were you serious...?
    I am not going to ask you but you aren't allowed to discuss or something?? cyclops
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:39 am

What isn't as easy is knowing what to look for, hehe. Someone (not me) helping in this is good, Smile .

Wayne, were you serious...?
    I am not going to ask you but you aren't allowed to discuss or something?? cyclops

It's not really as much as i'm not allowed, Smile .

I've been so fortunate, and had quite a bit of time spent on me, helping me with my own questions, and understandings. This has been a personal thing, and it's proper it stays that way, in the main. Particularly since i still don't know a lot of what i'm talking about, hehe.

take care
    Wayne
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:43 pm

Nice!! I have to look it up.

Well, you could start by clicking on the word Manji) Smile

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:10 am

Well, you could start by clicking on the word Manji) Smile

bounce
    I checked it!!! Cool, fascinating!
    Very Happy

James, another question for you, please,
    This one, I will NOT be able to google.... have to count on somebody telling me.. tongue

In India, when we buy books, like a empty composition book, we usually skip the first page and what we draw on that page is a symbol that looks like a number 2 except the line is drawn longer

" 2__" (Imagine as if there is no break between the number 2 and the line)

WE blindly followed it, used it before starting any new projects or using a fresh sheet of paper.
    No feelings or prayer attached except I know it is a symbol for God Ganesh, remover of obstacles..

My Q is,
    Is there a symbol like that in buddhism too or in any other practices?

Question
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:31 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:2__" (Imagine as if there is no break between the number 2 and the line)
    ...Is there a symbol like that in buddhism too or in any other practices?

I believe the symbol you mention is drawn at the beginning of the notebook, etc. in order to prevent "Writer's Block" (or "Creative Block")

Are you asking if there is a symbol in Buddhism (or elsewhere) which looks like the one you described, or a symbol that is used for the same purpose i.e. for overcoming obstacles ('writers block' or otherwise)?

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:38 am

I believe the symbol you mention is drawn at the beginning of the notebook, etc. in order to prevent "Writer's Block" (or "Creative Block")

Ohhh.. You know about that!!? Very Happy

Are you asking if there is a symbol in Buddhism (or elsewhere) which looks like the one you described

Yes please,
    and if it is used for a similar kind of function?

Thanks,
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:01 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:and if it is used for a similar kind of function?

I've absolutely no idea Laughing

However, in Chinese and Japanese Buddhism, the Indian Siddham script is used (primarily as deity-bijas; and also for writing mantras, dharani, etc.)

The symbol shown here is used as a repeat mark (i.e 'ditto') in Chinese/Japanese Buddhist Siddham texts .

Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is? Siddha10

At the beginning of a piece of text, this symbol is often used (though I personally have no idea if it has any additional significance )
    Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is? Siddha10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:58 am