Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+10
JohnC
KelleyB
cohav
thehungrycaterpillar
chi_solas
papakeri
Rlei_ki
Curly
Dragonfly
Milarepa
14 posters

Protection & Reiki

Poll

Is protection needed within Reiki?

[ 3 ]
    Protection & Reiki Bar_left13%Protection & Reiki Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Protection & Reiki Bar_left38%Protection & Reiki Bar_right [38%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Protection & Reiki Bar_left42%Protection & Reiki Bar_right [42%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Protection & Reiki Bar_left7%Protection & Reiki Bar_right [7%] 

Total Votes: 24
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Protection & Reiki Empty Protection & Reiki

Post by Milarepa Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:23 am

Share your views on protection, and it's role within Reiki, here.
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Protection & Reiki Empty Re: Protection & Reiki

Post by Dragonfly Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:06 am

I do a couple of different methods for spiritual protection. People and situations can drain you of your energy, even if it is unintended. And we all know of those individuals who act as 'energy vampires' because some of their own soul needs are unmet. I find the spiritual protection very helpful. I have a dear friend who can communicate directly with angels and other spirit guides and she recently told me I needed to do more spiritual and energetic protection. In all things, I think it is wise and helpful to observe and maintain appropriate boundaries when necessary. That goes for relationships, work/life balance and energy work.
    Curly
    Curly
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Curly Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:28 am

Until recently I didn't really believe in energy vampires, that was until I came across one in a shop. I was looking at some books in a charity shop and she came over to look too, a ding dong of a headache just happened with no warning and I felt so sick and ill. Thinking it was just one of those things didn't think no more about it until it happened again another day, and yes it was the same woman.

So now I try to remember to protect myself when ever I go shopping where ever it may be and protect myself everytime I give Reiki.

Jan
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:16 am

Wow, Curly, that was very extreme! I had a similar situation when I was in Delhi a few years ago. My husband and I struck up a conversation with another hotel guest who practices medicine and is a professor at a college in Illinois. Soon after talking with him, I was overcome with the most incredible fatigue - just felt like I HAD to go take a nap and I am not a "napper" by nature. I mentioned it to my husband and he said he felt the guy draining him too.
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:48 pm

Milarepa wrote:Share your views on protection, and it's role within Reiki, here.

Hi Chosso

[I've been resisting the temptation for a couple of weeks; but what d'you expect if you have a badge under your name saying 'Founder' Smile ]

IMO, yes, absolutely.

Though there is no need to look to add-ons adopted-in from other traditions.

Protection is needed within Reiki, and protection exists within Reiki

Reiki gives us that protection

And the 'clearer' our Reiki flows ( i.e. the more 'fine-tuned' our Reiki is), the greater the protection it affords us.

As Takata-sensei said:

"Your Reiki power is like a aura, its a glow, and you are radiating out, and that energy is stronger than what it can penetrate into you ... no darkness can penetrate you"

papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:16 pm

Rlei_ki wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:Share your views on protection, and it's role within Reiki, here.

Hi Chosso

[I've been resisting the temptation for a couple of weeks; but what d'you expect if you have a badge under your name saying 'Founder' Smile ]

IMO, yes, absolutely.

And the 'clearer' our Reiki flows ( i.e. the more 'fine-tuned' our Reiki is), the greater the protection it affords us.

As Takata-sensei said:

"Your Reiki power is like a aura, its a glow, and you are radiating out, and that energy is stronger than what it can penetrate into you ... no darkness can penetrate you"

I agree with James and Takata-sensei. We don't need to adopt protection routines from outside of Reiki because Reiki itself protects us.

<steps up on soapbox>

However, I'll go one step further than James is perhaps willing to go and say that the only thing we need to fear is fear itself. Protection is a fear-based operation. That said, do we really believe that "shinpai suna" is an effective and useful tool if we think we have to go around protecting ourselves from everything and everyone in our environment that might be judged, in some way, to be negative or detrimental to us? Where's the Love? Where's "the Divine in me recognizes the Divine in you"? Where's the oneness with all? Isn't it kind of egotistical to make the presumption that "oh, I'm *goodness itself*, but some others are *bad* and I have to protect myself from them, and aren't I so clever to know it and so powerful to be able to do so?" <pats self on back>

<steps down from soapbox>

IMHO and YMMV, of course. :-)

Love and Light,

Garry
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:15 am

Toxic people can drain you.
    Learning how to restrict what enters your boundaries and knowing your own tolerance level is helpful confused
    practicing the 5 Reiki principles help keep you on an even path to balance/harmony. Here's an affirmation
    that also helps keep your boundaries a sacred place

This is the boundary of my sacred space,
    Only love shall enter in,
    Only light shall enter in,
    only those invited shall enter in,
    for the good of all and the harm of none,
    As I will it, so it shall be done.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:33 am

Rlei_ki wrote:

Hi Chosso

recoqnition at last, hehe.
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:56 pm

papakeri wrote:... I'll go one step further than James is perhaps willing to go

It is not that I am unwilling to go further.
    Once again I will say that it is my perception that protection is definitely needed within Reiki - and is happily also to be found within Reiki.

Protection is a fear-based operation.

IMO, only when we obsess about it.

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:44 am

In The little experience I've had, I have been pretty disappointed and turned off by How paranoid and closed off some Reiki practitioners can be!! pale

I was shocked to see how fearful they were to come together to form a healing circle. They were worried about who was in the circle, who they were sharing 'energies' with...etc,. They argued so bad the idea never took off!

Some goes about madly cleansing with sage 2 times in their home, when other reiki practitioners are still present!
    These people are more obsessed with fear than participating in healing. Even recently one lady refused to receive Reiki from one of the group members because she was going thru divorce and she was in the grieving mode.

It makes me sad. So this shows they have no faith in Reiki protecting them.

I also know somebody who prescribed tedious visualisation excercises to keep me protected from negativity and who practically told people NOT to participate in any kind of reiki shares b'cos who knows "what's out there"!!

Having said that , I also disappointed - to find out that psychic vampires do exist, I read a book by an author who happens to be such a vampire.I also know a self professed psychic vampire.
    - to find out that THE Robert Bruce himself warns that the protection practices that reiki share people 'half heartedly' do is not enough!

MY OPINION:-
    I am just going to use some Reiki Symbols and a basic protection prayer that we do before starting Reiki! I believe it is enough.
    The rest - I don't care!
    I refuse to live in fear that something is going to get me, I refuse to stay away from people b'cos they are grieving or depressed etc,.

I think Love and Compassion are of High vibrations and where there is high vibration , there is no place for negative or dark forces, THE END!
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:31 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:
    I am just going to use ...a basic protection prayer that we do before starting Reiki!...

Actually, that counts as one of the "add-ons adopted-in from other traditions." I mentioned in my earlier post silent

cohav
    cohav

Post by cohav Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:20 am

when your doing Reiki protection is not needed becouse the Reiki energy itself protecting you.
    but you can do protection with Reiki to your self and others as well the first simbel is every good for that. sunny (I love that smiley!@!!)

Light and Love.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:49 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    thehungrycaterpillar wrote:
    I am just going to use ...a basic protection prayer that we do before starting Reiki!...

Actually, that counts as one of the "add-ons adopted-in from other traditions." I mentioned in my earlier post silent

James,

the two line prayer thet 'let no harm come to the recipient...for the highest good..etc,.' - is an Add-on?
    That's how my RM taught me!

So, How would you do it?, Thanks..
    KelleyB
    KelleyB
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by KelleyB Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:28 am

Rlei_ki wrote:

As Takata-sensei said:

I love this response - makes perfect sense!!
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:32 pm

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:That's how my RM taught me!

So, How would you do it?, Thanks..

I would simply suggest you continue doing what you do Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:01 pm

Practicing the 5 principles helps
    to keep us from drawing in negative
    energies. If we show gratitude,earn
    our living honestly,respect others,
    do not anger/worry. We can keep our
    selves safe.
    sunny
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:40 am

chi_solas wrote:Practicing the 5 principles helps
    selves safe.
    sunny

SLAM DUNK!
    cheers
    JohnC
    JohnC

Post by JohnC Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:36 am

chi_solas wrote:
    Practicing the 5 principles helps
    selves safe.
    sunny

Hey Bridget - good to see you here at RLL. Weather's great in Ireland at the moment - you wouldn't recognise it!

My own experience is that Reiki doesn't protect me actively. During a healing session I'm protected. However, I'm likely to pick up moods and even symptoms from other people in general daily life, unless I remain very observant of how I'm feeling and question senations that I feel(a change of scenery/environment is the best cure).

On a general level, and in a healing context, the key is to trust your armour. I think others saying that Reiki protects is all very well, but there's plenty of literature out there indicating that Reiki practitioners have suffered the consequences of inadequate personal protection.

Fear is the biggest issue - it weakens us. The best protection is love and trust. The key is to know that you are protected.

At times confronting fears can be difficult because we may not necessarily know them until they manifest. But we learn from experience.

JohnC
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:52 am

Ah the green, green grass of home
    sounds like a good time to visit.

Your right John controlling the environment
    outside the Reiki setting can be a challenge.
    I am un-learning not to react and learning
    to be pro-active. It takes time, being aware
    helps when I feel myself being pulled into
    someone elses arena, I remind myself that it
    is theirs not mine. Your suggestion of, change
    of scenery/environment is a good solution.

sunny
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:35 am

Rlei_ki wrote:

Hi Chosso

IMO, yes, absolutely.

As Takata-sensei said:

hmmm
    'Protection IS need within Reiki and protection exists within Reiki

Reiki gives us that protection'

isn't this a contradiction in terms??
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:38 am

reading Takatas quote you put up there would imply that there is absolutely no need for protection...
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:reading Takatas quote you put up there would imply that there is absolutely no need for protection...

Hi,

More accurately, there is no protection needed outside of Reiki itself...My little mind says this makes sense...Is it possible that when we realize a threat from another, be it real, or imagined, that it is the self protecting nature of the ego kicking in?...And could this occurrence cause us to be less connected, therefore, less protected, leaving us in an exposed state?

Smile RJ
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:09 pm

Reikijim wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:reading Takatas quote you put up there would imply that there is absolutely no need for protection...

Hi,

More accurately, there is no protection needed outside of Reiki itself...My little mind says this makes sense...Is it possible that when we realize a threat from another, be it real, or imagined, that it is the self protecting nature of the ego kicking in?...And could this occurrence cause us to be less connected, therefore, less protected, leaving us in an exposed state?

Smile RJ

hmm... me thinks so...
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:29 am

There's no need for protection, or the even think about it. As Reiki is all around us in a constant. It's our divine spark in action.
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:59 am

well you know my views on this... Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 pm