Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
Milarepa
Rlei_ki
fshortt
7 posters

Dai ko mio group (dai ko mio renchuu??) & dai ko mio soul (dai ko mio tama?)

fshortt
    fshortt
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Dai ko mio group (dai ko mio renchuu??) & dai ko mio soul (dai ko mio tama?) Empty Dai ko mio group (dai ko mio renchuu??) & dai ko mio soul (dai ko mio tama?)

Post by fshortt Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:30 pm

I was discussing the symbols on a norwegian reiki forum, and came across a guy who had been initiated into "traditional" reiki and learned 6 symbols that apparently came from Usui.
    I asked for an explanation, and on level 3 he learned raku, dai ko mio soul (which he said was known as the master symbol) and dai ko mio group.
    After pointing out the raku was an addition from raku kai, we started the discussion on the dai ko mio variations.
    However, the boy is not very learned in the art or much of a researcher and could not tell me more than repeat that he learned these symbols.
    He has also refused to give me his lineage, which would be easier to see where these additions came from.
    After searching the web with no result, i ask the forum here for help.

Has anyone come across dai ko mio group symbol?? is it different from the "standard dai ko mio" (大 光 明) and what lineage is it from?

thank you

f
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Dai ko mio group (dai ko mio renchuu??) & dai ko mio soul (dai ko mio tama?) Empty Re: Dai ko mio group (dai ko mio renchuu??) & dai ko mio soul (dai ko mio tama?)

Post by Rlei_ki Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:28 pm

fshortt wrote:..who had been initiated into "traditional" reiki and learned 6 symbols that apparently came from Usui.
    I asked for an explanation, and on level 3 he learned raku, dai ko mio soul (which he said was known as the master symbol) and dai ko mio group....
    Has anyone come across dai ko mio group symbol?? is it different from the "standard dai ko mio" (大 光 明) and what lineage is it from?

Hi Frank,

Personally, I've not heard the descriptions "dai ko myo soul" or "dai ko mio group" before.

However, as this guy has been taught the Raku symbol, it is quite possible that the other dai ko myo he was taught is also from Raku Kei Reiki (or possibly 'Usui-Tibetan' Reiki)

So there is a good chance he is talking about the pseudo-Tibetan 'master symbol', known as 'Dumo'

There are actually several slightly different dumo's

Diane Stein's non-traditional DKM (bottom left) is actually an alternate version of Dumo

Dai ko mio group (dai ko mio renchuu??) & dai ko mio soul (dai ko mio tama?) Dkm_al10

fshortt
    fshortt

Dai ko mio group (dai ko mio renchuu??) & dai ko mio soul (dai ko mio tama?) Empty Re: Dai ko mio group (dai ko mio renchuu??) & dai ko mio soul (dai ko mio tama?)

Post by fshortt Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:48 am

Thanks James, same thoughts i was having,
    but the guy doesn't seem to know the style he was trained in - he believes it is traditonal reiki...
    however, I will see if i can get him to show the symbols to me,
    in the mean time, i did refer him to your work (and a few direct links to your papers on symbols, styles, and reiki history.

thanks for the prompt answer.

kind regards
    frank
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 am

fshortt wrote:
    but the guy doesn't seem to know the style he was trained in - he believes it is traditonal reiki...

ask him to come on here. i'm sure we can point him in the right direction. Once we find out what 'traditional Reiki' is ourselves, hehe.
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:19 am

Milarepa wrote:

ask him to come on here. i'm sure we can point him in the right direction. Once we find out what 'traditional Reiki' is ourselves, hehe.

Haha, yeah i couldn't agree more.... what i meant was that he believes that all 6 symbols originate from Usui and he calls it "traditional".
    I did suggest for him to come on here, with the rest of the forum (only 189 members) as it is great to expand our knowledge across borders and styles, and of course not to forget the serious intrest in reiki we find amongst the members here. Has been a great help to me.

Smile

f
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:27 am

i know what you meant bro, Smile . I was gonna come up with some smart-ass comment bout Usui Shiki Ryoh being the traditional style, but didn't. Or have i just done it? Hehe.

Hey, getting 189 other forum members to 'defect' to us. Tut-tut! Psst, we're giving you acces to our 'black-ops' department. You sounds like a perfect candidate!

seriously, thnaks for your thoughts!
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:53 am

hehe you crack me up. (but seriously, black-ops here i come!)

just think its a great space to expand our knowledge, and here people are into that. honest and critical.

f
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:08 am

you know Frank, i was just saying that there now, to other members. This forum is unique in many ways. we can have easy-going chat, or, we can have very in-deep, complex debates, about many or single concepts. It's realy, really good stuff!
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:12 am

indeed

Smile
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:59 am

Milarepa wrote:Psst, we're giving you acces to our 'black-ops' department. You sounds like a perfect candidate!

Aw heck Wayne - now you've gone and done it!
    You above all others should know the rules about the 'black-ops' department:

1st rule: You do not talk about the 'black-ops' department

2nd rule: You DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE 'BLACK-OPS' DEPARTMENT...

Twisted Evil
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:12 am

cheers
    hahaha
    Lisel
    Lisel

Post by Lisel Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:19 pm

Haha - U guys Dai ko mio group (dai ko mio renchuu??) & dai ko mio soul (dai ko mio tama?) 564490

I have learned the bottom left symbol as Tibetan DKM and the "original/normal" Usui DKM + Raku.

I use TDKM like shown and reverse. I feel it is great reverse, to remove pain and dissease, and as shown to give light and love.

It was giving to me by my master as an ekstra tool and I was very happy to get to know it.

In my linage I have William Rand and I think it comes from him. It is NOT an Usui symbol at all. But it is good to have in the toolbox Wink
    Dokasan
    Dokasan

Post by Dokasan Fri May 13, 2011 1:02 pm

I wonder when someone uses the word "Traditional Reiki" that they are referring to Western Reiki?

I attended a conference once and someone was saying that modern allopathic medicine was Traditional. When asked why they thought this - the response was "It was the only form of medicine that they knew."
    If you spoke to a shamanic healer they would also say they are traditional. So it just comes down to your points of reference, and common definitions of terms.
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:09 am

what I am finding interesting is that there are so many different symbols out there on the Reiki market, some very different , yet they all seem to work????

how can this be??????
    whats going on? ????? ?

and now my own symbol of mind being boggled scratch
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:16 am

but really folks...... whats going on.......if there are 'original' symbols within Reiki....why is it that symbols which are not 'original' still work?

we all know there are many paths to 'god' aand now it is very very clear to me that there are many symbols to Reiki, yet no matter the lineage or symbol used they all appear to work???

WHY????????? I've always considerd the symbols as keys to specific doors of perception, but how is it that so many different key cuts fit the exact same lock??

someone help me out here ???
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:32 am

when someone becomes a Reiki Master, they've been gave spiritual permission to pass on the experience of Reiki. As they've been gave permission, they have a mandate (should they wish) to modify things in the initiation. Whether they should is another matter.

The four Usui sysmbols are very important, not just for treatments.
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:56 pm

hmmmm..... I dislike the idea of 'spiritual permission' if permission was only granted to those who were best able to provide initiations to others, then where ever that 'permission' came from , their radar was a bit off, cos there are quite a few folk out there who in my view should not be teaching!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:00 am

this is the whole point of why not anyone should be taught Reiki. the system(s) need to mantain their integrity in a way, in order not to lose important teachings.

spiritual persmission has came from usui, it's why lineage is important. ultimately, if a teacher teaches someone master level, that level is all about teaching others. so, the initiating teacher is showing the processes, empowering the ability. These actions are of course giving the student the permission to pass this on - it's what happens in a master level. since the Reiki experpience is spiritual, it's a spiritual permission.

the standards surely have slipped greatly, so much that people reading this don't have a clue what i'm taking about.

one good thing with it costing so much for takatas training, is it could take a while to come up with the amount. this naturally brings the master training in stages, creating an apprenticeship. plus, it shows someones devotion to the path. after all, takata sold her house in order to go to japan. an exceptional woman, who was rewarded with very in-depth training with one of usui students. course, swings & roundabouts, nowadays half the folks expect Reiki training for free, and cant be bothered to try to look deeper.
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:32 am

hmmm I understand and appreciate what your saying there Wayne, but I don't agree with some things.

For a starter just because in takatas day the Reiki training was so expensive, does not equate to only those being really interested in a profound spiritrual path, receiving the training....many rich folk who took a 'fancy' to spiritual affairs could acquire alsorts of training if they had the right amount of £££££$$$$$$$ to do so. Lots of people over the centuries have wanted to 'look deeper' and discover more, but their standing in life has prevented them from doing so.....so the whole money being paid equating to genuine interest, and 'deserved entitlement' is a load of b*llocks to me..... and quite frankly in my view counter productive at the deepest level!

twasn't so long ago that only that only rich males were entitled to an education!!!...to me it's the exact same warped principle at work!

and I'm still not undertsanding your idea of 'spiritual permission' if each and every one of us are spiritual beings....then whos 'permission' but our own, need we seek to pursue a specific path?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Pachamama wrote:

For a starter just because in takatas day the Reiki training was so expensive, does not equate to only those being really interested in a profound spiritrual path, receiving the training....

ya think. ok. Takatas training today. Her proper training. $10,000 the fee is. Would you pay for it if it was $100? What about $10,000? I've to pay the $10,000. I havn't even got it, so it'll be in installments, over a long time. This is cause the amount isn't important to me, learning is. It shows that i'm serious about learning the training. Someone who really wants to learn something will not fail in any requirements to learn that.

Pachamama wrote:
    many rich folk who took a 'fancy' to spiritual affairs could acquire alsorts of training if they had the right amount of £££££$$$$$$$ to do so. Lots of people over the centuries have wanted to 'look deeper' and discover more, but their standing in life has prevented them from doing so.....so the whole money being paid equating to genuine interest, and 'deserved entitlement' is a load of b*llocks to me..... and quite frankly in my view counter productive at the deepest level!

standing in life in todays society has got little to do with it. if folks can afford to talk on the interent, smoke, drink, go to cinema, whatevever, they can re-direct that cash to a payment plan long term. folks just seem to have other so called 'priorities'. it can take years to pay £10,000 (bout £6000), but so what? Folks spend 1000's every year smoking or drinking. of course, that's acceptable since it's legal, good god, hehe. Wasn't directing that at you, but reminds me of my latest comments in the attuning kid thread.

Pachamama wrote:
    twasn't so long ago that only that only rich males were entitled to an education!!!...to me it's the exact same warped principle at work!

See above. anyhow, once one does level 1, they can go an treat others. level 2 they can do the same. next stage learn level 1 initiations, next stage level 2, etc. all the way along earning their way in Reiki. it's not complicated.

Pachamama wrote:
    and I'm still not undertsanding your idea of 'spiritual permission' if each and every one of us are spiritual beings....then whos 'permission' but our own, need we seek to pursue a specific path?

then ask yourself what is the purpose of lineage. is it just a historical record?

read this first paragrap in particular from james http://www.aetw.org/reiki_reiju.htm

Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:43 am

I totally understand what you are saying about cost and people finding a way to pay if they really want to learn..but I think you are missing the point I am trying to make reagarding the cost...and that is a high fee does not equate to only those genuinely being interested in learning, learning. To rich folk 10 grand is pocket money and they can splash that out on what ever takes their fancy at any given moment. I think high fees are counter productive it does not help sort the wheat from he shaft, but helps keep the nutritious soil from which the wheat sprouts, well and truly seperate! in other words those people to whom learning would benefit most, ie the poor!

tools for spiritual growth and learning should be made accessible to everyone, it should not be a condition of how much one is willing to financially fork out for said learning. But thats just my view. Very Happy

As regards lineage and permission...I don't have time right now to read that link, I'll check it out later...but i have been giving lineage a great deal of thought lately, particulary since I have recently acquired a new Reiki lineage. I have my own thoughts on this....those are for another time though......when I can properly assemble my thoughts and experience into some kind of words that might make sense to others. cyclops
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:58 am

Pachamama wrote:I totally understand what you are saying about cost and people finding a way to pay if they really want to learn..but I think you are missing the point I am trying to make reagarding the cost...and that is a high fee does not equate to only those genuinely being interested in learning, learning. To rich folk 10 grand is pocket money and they can splash that out on what ever takes their fancy at any given moment. I think high fees are counter productive it does not help sort the wheat from he shaft, but helps keep the nutritious soil from which the wheat sprouts, well and truly seperate! in other words those people to whom learning would benefit most, ie the poor!

of course paying a high fee doesn't equate to being genuinely interested in learning. but what if a person couldn't afford it, yet still went ahead and done it. What does that imply toward the person's attitude to what they are to learn?

My business has collapsed. I'm now on government benefits once more. I'm paying the 10,000 still. there's no problem, (shrug). Being 'poor' has no bearing on it. A person should stop smoking maybe, stop takaeawys, stop drinking, stop eating sweets, stop going ot restaurants/cinema, etc, and use thar cash to suppliment their new Reiki business easy. And use that Reiki business to fund further training. It might take a few years, but big deal. Price is immaterial, dedication isn't.

Something that isn't recoqnised by many, is that there is another huge benefit for the student in paying a huge fee. If a person is paying a fee in installments, what better way to do that than by paying their way with what they are learning, and, acting out? It is solidifying the practice with the student. And giving a great incentive to make a success of their business.

Really though, what the whole point of it is, and i'm making my own judgement on this, is that Master level was never meant to be for everyone, and anyone. Usui didn't teach many it, in jikiden Dai Shihan is by invitation only. Folks like the Reiki Alliance don't teach more than a few Masters each. In Usui shiki Ryoh at least, I know it was never just about money. I've been told personally, that even if a person had the 10k, that is never a guarantee one would recieve master training. And it is only Master training we're talking about.

Pachamama wrote:
    tools for spiritual growth and learning should be made accessible to everyone, it should not be a condition of how much one is willing to financially fork out for said learning. But thats just my view. Very Happy

They always were. Reiki 1 & 2 was made easily accesible to almost everyone in Usui Shiki Ryoho. We're only talking about Master level.

In jikiden, , it reaches up to Dai Shihan, some 5 levels. It'd be inteeresting to know of the pricing structure for the other levels. Maybe Colin can give an input.

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:35 am

firstly let me say, sorry to hear your business has collapsed...but that is no reflection on you or your dedication, just a sign of the present economic times. Not sure how safe my job is at the mo, but like everyone around the globe, no-ones job is completely safe anymore. And secondly, I'm a little confused, you are paying £10,000 for Master training?.....but why are you doing that if you already are at that level and are able to offer that training and /initiation/attunement to others?

do I need to do a Bono number...' I still haven't found what I'm looking forrrrr'

within Jikiden there is a definate structure to the training...and if i'm honest aswell as sweet synchronicities, the training structure was one of the things that really appealed to me. I'm aware of some prices....but silly protocol prevents me from sharing some info. And prices are set in 'stone' as regards Jikiden, I'm aware that a lovely teacher offered the training to someone at a reduced price, and got a 'darn good telling off' from a certain teacher.

Jikiden is really interesting and I can't wait to try out some of the things I have learned.....whether or not I shall pursue Jikiden training further, I don't know, I'm just gonna see what transpires...

It was quite funny during the seminar, I mentioned about Reiki shares and the fact that there aren't any Jikiden practitioners in my area, and Tadao said well i'd have to become a teacher then....half jokingly half serious, I didn't take his comment on board, just smiled.

and getting back to pricing wayne, I do understand what you are saying, but I don't agree with it...it's good to agree to disagree cheers

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:03 am

Pachamama wrote:firstly let me say, sorry to hear your business has collapsed...

that's ok. i've still got a few things i can do yet, slightly diversifying also. It just never took off the way it looked like it was going to.

Pachamama wrote:
    And secondly, I'm a little confused, you are paying £10,000 for Master training?.....but why are you doing that if you already are at that level and are able to offer that training and /initiation/attunement to others?

It's really important for me i try to form my own critical opinion of everything in reality. I'm a bit of a paradox (ask Luvsouljah/ben). The more people spoke negative about Takata, the more i wanted to make my own mind up. So, whilst searching for THe style of Reiki (whatever that is) i came full circle back to Usui Shiki Ryoho. I feel a deep sense of belonging, loyalty, affection, even love, for both the style and Takata. The one person who is teaching me i never even asked him to. I guess he offered cause he saw similar in me in what he went through. Even though he regularly gets requests by folks to teach, he generally refuses (teaching Takatas ways), so for me, that in itself was a speical honour too good to miss.

Paradoxically, even though i'm at the gate of what Usui Shiki Ryoho was taught like, what has formed within me now is a deep appreciation of the alternative expression of Usui Shiki Ryoho. That formless catch-all path. for me, i look at the way reality is, in that there is no one reality here. So naturally there is no one way of experiencing God, so, no one way of experiencing Reiki. Hence the different styles, and the need for them. What is interesting is that Usui Shiki Ryoho itself, one style, encapsulates all of this. I've a deep respect for that. and now see that way as also essential.

with that in mind, it could be said that there should no longer be a need for me to learn takata's ways. And this is true. There is no 'need'. No burning desire. It was only when i accepted i would never learn her ways that in fact, i was offered what i did.

I tried for so long, and so hard to learn her ways. And i feel compelled to set the record straight in many things in Usui Shiki Ryoho, and with Takata> I dont' appreciate anyone, particularly people supposedely on an elightening path, jumping on bandwagons talking about a woman whom sold her house as the catalyst to me 7my family having the most fullfilling experience - living life in eyesight of God's smile.

Pachamama wrote:
    do I need to do a Bono number...' I still haven't found what I'm looking forrrrr'

If you look at me, for whatever reason, rightly, wrongly, i want to share certain things, in as big a way as possible. analysing myself, this did start with a need internally. It's a bit more than that now. True to form, i have a gameplan. One in which i've spoke to my teacher about btw, Smile.

Pachamama wrote:
    It was quite funny during the seminar, I mentioned about Reiki shares and the fact that there aren't any Jikiden practitioners in my area, and Tadao said well i'd have to become a teacher then....half jokingly half serious, I didn't take his comment on board, just smiled.

Perhaps he sees something in you, Smile.

Pachamama wrote:
    and getting back to pricing wayne, I do understand what you are saying, but I don't agree with it...it's good to agree to disagree cheers

wouldn't be the first time, hehe. Thanks for the chat, Smile.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:42 am

Life would be so boring if we all agreed all the time! Very Happy and thanks for you heartfelt responses to my questions.....I feel I have more to ask you, as obviously you are reaching some kind of apex within your own understanding.... but not out here on the forum pages.....another time in private...... farao

I'm not sure about people calling Takata...i haven't seen much of that going on, but then i have been out of the 'Reiki loop' for a while......just getting on with things in my own way. I've been totally unaware of what has been going on within the wider reiki community. It's so interesting the self searching and self discovery that this Reiki path brings.....I have a whole load of stuff going on myself lately.......I've been running through all the pivitol spiritual moments on my healing journey ( god that sounds so cheesy) over the last 15 years, and it's been incredibly enlightening and liberating......A revelation! cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:46 am