Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
Milarepa
Rlei_ki
fshortt
7 posters

Dai ko mio group (dai ko mio renchuu??) & dai ko mio soul (dai ko mio tama?)

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Dai ko mio group (dai ko mio renchuu??) & dai ko mio soul (dai ko mio tama?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dai ko mio group (dai ko mio renchuu??) & dai ko mio soul (dai ko mio tama?)

Post by Colin Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:51 am

Hi Wayne! You asked for some input?

Well, as Sharon has said we can't go into detail about actual prices for all levels, in jikiden Reiki, although they can easily be found if you search around Wink

However, in Usui's and Hayashi's (and even Takata's ) time the only reason to take a higher level of training than Okuden (level 2) was to become a teacher, I.e. Learn how to attune/initiate others, and that is it! All students needed to know to practice Reiki was in the first two levels. The higher level(s) were simply teacher levels. Since initiating and teaching others is a huge responsibility if it is to be done responsibly, prices were high to attract only those who really wanted to teach. There was no clamour for so-called Mastership or enhanced spirituality or greater ability to channel more Reiki because enhanced spirituality and effectiveness as a Reiki healer comes from practicing what we learn in the first two levels not the teacher level.
    Post Takata, there seems to have been this need to add techniques to teach students at level 3 and pad out the courses, with extras, presumably to try and justify the initially high costs, together with promises of more powerful Reiki, and, of course the ego boosting title of Reiki Master, which was not known in Japan prior to the re-introduction of Reiki from the West.

Now it has become so easy and cheap to become a Reiki Master that some people just do that course to complete the set and to be called Reiki Master! Many do not even teach and those that do are often unaware that much of what they teach was not originally taught as part of Usui Reiki, and so more stuff gets mixed in with Reiki and often this causes the practice of Reiki to become less credible to medical professionals and the public in general.

I have no wish to offend people who call themselves Reiki Masters as I know many people who either deserve the title or are seriously working towards deserving that title but there are many Reiki Masters out there who appear to be unsure of what they should be doing, as can be seen by some of the questions asked on many forums like this one. Yes, answers to questions can be very helpful in order to improve our Reiki practice and understanding but often questions asked by reiki masters are really basic one's that should have been covered in Reiki levels 1 or 2, answered by their own teacher.

One of the reasons for such uncertainty and misunderstanding (and misinformation) is due to the clamouring for Reiki Mastership and the kudos it is thought to bring, instead of aspiring to become a Reiki Teacher or simply, fully committing to practising what was taught at levels 1 and 2, which is really all non-teaching Reiki practitioners need.

Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Dai ko mio group (dai ko mio renchuu??) & dai ko mio soul (dai ko mio tama?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dai ko mio group (dai ko mio renchuu??) & dai ko mio soul (dai ko mio tama?)

Post by Milarepa Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:37 am

yes i did ask for your input. and true to form it was a great post! many thanks!
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:02 pm

yeah nicely put Colin... Cool

we have a little quarterly handbook thats comes out in my county, with aslorts of'alternative and complementary' therapies, therapists and courses on offer. I picked a new one up yesterday, and one teacher in particular, 'sell's' the master level like it is more powerful and you will gain mastery over yourself....blahblah...I went to one of this lady's Reiki shares once, cos it was the only one in my area...I didn't like her...still don't! ahaha

and lately I've been looking around various sites and organisations to see how they 'promote' the master level training....and my goodness, so many variations!!!!

I've always disliked the connotations of the word 'Master' within Reiki...I think it is very msileading, it would be much better to do away with that term and replace it with teacher. When people say ooh, a Reiki 'MASTER' immediately they have this elevated opinion of what that means.....I always say, the word Master within reiki simply donates another level of attainment which allows the person to teach, it does not mean they are a MASTER of Reiki ( this is what my First Reiki teacher said also)....

and Wayne I'm still thinking about how i want to word what lineage means to me....got to get ready for work now but I'll have some time next week to try and express my thoughts....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:46 pm