Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Dr Usui - a leading figure in Tokyo's new wave and electro-pop scene...

Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Dr Usui - a leading figure in Tokyo's new wave and electro-pop scene... Empty Dr Usui - a leading figure in Tokyo's new wave and electro-pop scene...

Post by Rlei_ki Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:39 pm

Yes, its TRUE!

Over the past ten years Dr. Usui has been a leading figure in Tokyo's new wave and electro-pop scene.

In 1998, he and his band Motocompo were instrumental figures in the Tokyo new wave revival ...

Since then, Dr. Usui has continued to develop Motocompo's sound, introducing elements of disco, house and electro, culminating in a successful 2007 UK tour. ...

Dr. Usui's solo debut "Datajockey" confirms his position as one of Japan's top electro musicians and one of the few who can make truly world-standard electro music...

see: Dr Usui on MySpace

Oh, wait a minute... d'you think I might possibly have gotten the wrong Dr Usui ??

scratch

Laughing
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Dr Usui - a leading figure in Tokyo's new wave and electro-pop scene... Empty Re: Dr Usui - a leading figure in Tokyo's new wave and electro-pop scene...

Post by Milarepa Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:47 pm

Speed Demon woulda been interesting in my younger days, hehe.

reboot me reboot you, i coulda done with the other day my previous pc went kaput.

anyhow, hehe, feels strange telling my mentor this, but do you know know the old Reiki concept of 'one fits all'? Course any Dr. Usui will do!
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Dr Usui - a leading figure in Tokyo's new wave and electro-pop scene... Empty Re: Dr Usui - a leading figure in Tokyo's new wave and electro-pop scene...

Post by Colin Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:18 am

Rlei_ki wrote:Yes, its TRUE!

Over the past ten years Dr. Usui has been a leading figure in Tokyo's new wave and electro-pop scene.

In 1998, he and his band Motocompo were instrumental figures in the Tokyo new wave revival ...

Since then, Dr. Usui has continued to develop Motocompo's sound, introducing elements of disco, house and electro, culminating in a successful 2007 UK tour. ...

Dr. Usui's solo debut "Datajockey" confirms his position as one of Japan's top electro musicians and one of the few who can make truly world-standard electro music...

see: Dr Usui on MySpace

Oh, wait a minute... d'you think I might possibly have gotten the wrong Dr Usui ??

scratch

Laughing

Laughing
    Nice find, James!

Not what I would call New Wave, though, but maybe my idea of New Wave is really slightly Older Wave? Smile

Teardrop Explodes, Simple Minds, Squeeze, XTC, Talk Talk etc.

Difficult to tell whether it is THE Dr. Usui hiding behind that vocoder! (even if we knew wht he sounded like)

Very Happy

Ai to Hikari
    Colin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 pm