Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

what is mediation

vijaybali

what is mediation

Post by vijaybali on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:50 pm

hai

Meditation is something that everyone has heard about, many have talked and written about but there are very few people who have really experienced it.

Many people think meditation to be only relaxation; it is much more than that. Meditation is a state in which we are one with our true self. There is no external thought, emotion or activity going in our mind. We experience our true nature in meditation i.e. divine bliss and unconditional love. This state energizes all our faculties and expands our consciousness and mind power as a result when we come out of meditation our perception becomes more clear and sharp. It balances our reasoning and creative mind enabling us to take correct and quick decisions. The concentration is greatly enhanced giving a boost to efficiency. Now the same outside world also appears beautiful because one who experiences the divine bliss and love inside also sees the reflection of it outside. This makes relationships more loving, meaningful and fulfilling.

thanks and regards
    vj
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Re: what is mediation

Post by Colin on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:00 pm

vijaybali wrote:hai

Meditation is something that everyone has heard about, many have talked and written about but there are very few people who have really experienced it.

Many people think meditation to be only relaxation; it is much more than that. Meditation is a state in which we are one with our true self. There is no external thought, emotion or activity going in our mind. We experience our true nature in meditation i.e. divine bliss and unconditional love. This state energizes all our faculties and expands our consciousness and mind power as a result when we come out of meditation our perception becomes more clear and sharp. It balances our reasoning and creative mind enabling us to take correct and quick decisions. The concentration is greatly enhanced giving a boost to efficiency. Now the same outside world also appears beautiful because one who experiences the divine bliss and love inside also sees the reflection of it outside. This makes relationships more loving, meaningful and fulfilling.

thanks and regards
    vj

Hi vj

It is always good practice to give the sources of your quotes Smile

In this case, Babaji? Smile

An excellent description of meditation! Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin

Reiki: pure & simple

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/reiki.colin/reiki.htm
    http://www.facebook.com/reiki.pureandsimple

The divine is not something high above us. It is in heaven, it is in earth, it is inside us. (Morihei Ueshiba)

Reiki is what happens when you make friends with the Universe! (Colin)

Ki flows, Reiki glows! (Colin)
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:18 am

hai Colin

very nice to see your advice. So give me favour take the responsibility of quote.

Now come to point when lot of our reiki friends knew all this than why they are not putting on the site for others. There lot more who don't knew about this. I want to share which i love.

i don't feel quote is important there because it is same thing which lot of saint said may be you don't knew but i am living in india and here every step you will find some new saint and all of them saying same thing own method. So here quote is not important important is matter and which is very ancient so if you want quote than i need to go thousand-2 years back.

I can also take this material and convert it some new way and put my quote on that than what is this.

Mean quote is not important important is material and which i am sharing without any edit my motive not disturbed the quality of material. or not putting my name

Just leave this on reader because i don't want any credit for this.

My credit if new friend understand depth not quote.

where i feel i need quote definately i will put.

At last thanks for your advice.

keep it up

Thanks and regards
    vj
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:45 am

meditation for some people comes with visualization & music
    some folks feel that these tools control your thought rather
    than chasing your thoughts. No stress when trying to find calm

Meditation involves the formal training of the mind through concentration and awareness. The aim of meditation is to empty and transform the mind/heart and to develop awareness, energy and tranquillity leading to realizing the truth or nirvana.

There are many different approaches to meditation but all stress the importance of quitening the mind, to get rid of our usual train of thought. If we can enter the calm tranquil mind we will be able to expand our consciousness and experience the fruits of meditation......from writespirit.net

http://www.reiki-support.com
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:05 pm

chi_solas wrote:meditation for some people comes with visualization & music
    some folks feel that these tools control your thought rather
    than chasing your thoughts. No stress when trying to find calm

Meditation involves the formal training of the mind through concentration and awareness. The aim of meditation is to empty and transform the mind/heart and to develop awareness, energy and tranquillity leading to realizing the truth or nirvana.

There are many different approaches to meditation but all stress the importance of quitening the mind, to get rid of our usual train of thought. If we can enter the calm tranquil mind we will be able to expand our consciousness and experience the fruits of meditation......from writespirit.net

Hi Bridget, Smile

I feel successful in meditation when I have no thoughts, only experiences, like watching a movie, or seeing brief glimpses of scenes, that I have no emotional involvement in. I can`t do this with music, or noise of any kind...the input causes thoughts and eventually attachments to thoughts/emotions etc.

I`ve noticed that it seems to be a personal thing...I know about guided meditations and I feel they can be of great benefit to individuals, have done them myself at times. Hopefully the guidance takes us to places we need to be for better self realization, yet sometimes it would seem like more of an entertainment input, than a self realization experience...to me at least...for what it`s worth I thought I would share.

:)RJ
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:29 pm

i agree with you ReikiJim when I first
    started out with visualization or even
    Reiki I used music. Now I find music to
    be a distraction. Meditation is a great
    exercise for the brain. The brain thinks
    its the boss after all its been doing its
    own thing for years. It's busy busy busy
    24. It takes a lot of discipline to tame
    the thoughts we have to almost zero

healing stress & knowing the solution
    when your mind goes into stress mode
    and traps/ holds onto the stress/anger.bounce

http://www.how-to-meditate.org/videos/

http://www.reiki-support.com
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:55 pm

hai Reikijim, chi_solas,

very natural way you explain the meditation.

keep it up you this input help lot of new friends.

i feel work for other is like meditation .

thanks and regards
    vj
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:59 am

grrrrrrrr.......I've just written a load of stuff then my mouse arrow stuck and I had to reboot my computer!!! grrrrr

to try and recap although I hate doing this it is never done with the same intensity and spontanaiety (spg) as it was first time round........ok ay here goes...

To me, meditation is anything which helps the individual 'self' become connected to the divinity within and without....it is any activity which allows an individual to experience in every cell of their being a unity and bliss and interconnectedness of all life....

for some it may be walking through a magestic forest, sitting on a sand dune and watching the sea ebb and flow, dancing, singing, making love, smelling their childrens hair, hearing childrens laughter, watcghing a baby lamb be born, watching ants rebuild their nests, watching a bee pee ( I saw this a couple of weeks ago, ahahahah)running, jogging, swimming( I find swimming on my back and dissolving and becoming one with the pool the easiest meditation) stroking their cats back( I pinched that one from the endorphin effect by william bloom)ingesting sacred plants.....

Meditation is many different things to many different people..... I have a lovely litttle book in which I keep quotes and words of wisdom which I come across whenever....but I've left my wee book at work...in it I have some wonderful qoutes about meditation.....when time and circumstance allows I'll come back here and share some of the quotes on meditation I found particularly resonating....

I've come to the conclusion that meditation has as many forms as there are people on the planet..... and for me personally...my meditative experiences of life are constantly changing... I do practice very set ways of what may be condisdered 'traditional meditation' and have had some beautiful and profound awakenings....but some of my most profoun 'awakenings' have been when I've just been simply lying on my bed day dreaming..........ahhhhh Blissss!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:18 am