Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Positive findings about Reiki in International Journal!

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Positive findings about Reiki in International Journal! Empty Positive findings about Reiki in International Journal!

Post by Colin Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:22 pm

Science Daily wrote:
    In a detailed review of 66 clinical studies looking at biofield therapies in different patient populations with a range of ailments, Jain and Mills examine the strength of the evidence for the efficacy of these complementary therapies. They show that overall, published work on biofield therapies is of average quality -- in scientific terms.

Bearing that in mind, they find strong evidence that biofield therapies reduce pain intensity in free-living populations, and moderate evidence that they are effective at lowering pain in hospitalized patients as well as in patients with cancer.

There is also moderate evidence that these therapies ease agitated behaviors in dementia and moderate evidence that they reduce anxiety in hospitalized patients. There is inconclusive evidence for the efficacy of biofield therapies on symptoms of fatigue and quality of life in cancer patients, as well as for overall pain reduction, and anxiety management in cardiovascular patients.

The authors conclude that there is a strong need for further high-quality studies and suggest specific areas for further research. They add: "In order to better inform patients of the potential benefits or non-benefits of these biofield-based interventions, clinicians and scientists within behavioral medicine should familiarize themselves with current theory, practice and research of such techniques."

Read the whole article here:
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/10/091029111913.htm

and the full text of the paper, published in the International Journal of Behavioral Medicine here:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/n772q20j61180nj0/fulltext.pdf

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Positive findings about Reiki in International Journal! Empty Re: Positive findings about Reiki in International Journal!

Post by Milarepa Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:31 pm

Very good Bro! God, i gotta give you a contribution point now! You're level with me! Sad
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Positive findings about Reiki in International Journal! Empty Re: Positive findings about Reiki in International Journal!

Post by Dragonfly Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:14 am

Awesome! I'm posting this everywhere!
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:26 am

I sent an email to Rick Strassman today ( author of DMT Spirit Molecule) asking him if he had carried out any research into the effects of Reiki and Reiki attunements on the brain.... he replied saying he hadn't but its something he may consider for future study and research, in particular the biology of Reiki....

as a reiki practitioner myself and knowing the extreme sift in consiousness and spiritual awareness that takes place as a result of a Reiki attunement......I would be willing and absolutely enthralled by any study and research into this area.... I nearly had a cerebral explosion one day a while back and almost sent out emails to a variety of universities in Blighty asking similar questions.......but I didn't, perhaps Rick is the chap with the know how to appropriately study the biology of Reiki....

I'll keep you posted..
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:41 am

perhaps I should have posted this elsewhere, sorry Colin this was the first thread in this section I read and subsequently posted.....
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:17 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:I sent an email to Rick Strassman today ( author of DMT Spirit Molecule) asking him if he had carried out any research into the effects of Reiki and Reiki attunements on the brain.... he replied saying he hadn't but its something he may consider for future study and research, in particular the biology of Reiki....

as a reiki practitioner myself and knowing the extreme sift in consiousness and spiritual awareness that takes place as a result of a Reiki attunement......I would be willing and absolutely enthralled by any study and research into this area....

Me too! Please keep us informed of any movement by Rick on this!
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:26 am

will do, but will be a while into the future he has other projects on at the moment....
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:35 am

My Dog Jasper, just farted again, right beside me. He's a cross between a Jack russel, and a sausage dog. so, he's a looooooooong Jack russel. Positive findings about Reiki in International Journal! 78411

am i going off-topic? Suspect
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:17 am

yup!! its a bit late now but I can see you in a haze of green ......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:28 pm