Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+9
Bruce
Reikijim
Dragonfly
chi_solas
thehungrycaterpillar
Milarepa
Shakti ~ Rising
Colin
vijaybali
13 posters

veg and non-veg

Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

veg and non-veg - Page 3 Empty Re: veg and non-veg

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:20 pm

Reikijim wrote:Hello Shakti,

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:my husbands a farmer he comes home stinking of manure daily!

Ah yes...I remember those days, as a young boy on the farm...not everything smelled of fresh clover. Embarassed
    A very beautiful place to be raised, and very good for the spirit. Lots of demanding physical work, lessons of life and death, awareness of the importance of change, changing weather, changing seasons, and growing food.

Smile RJ

absolutely!....I was raised in a town, but now live in a beautiful part of the countryside. We don't live on a farm but my hubby was raised on one and now works on his brothers farm, from a very early age he understood the cycles of life, death and rebirth.... Living here enables me to FEEL the seasons in my body.....I feel truly connected to our Earth Mother... her heart-beat pounds through my veins....

when I go into towns and cities...there is such a sense of disconnection on so many levels *sighs*
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:00 am

dear Shakti ~ Rising

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    at the end of the day I understand your views but don't agree with them... Very Happy

Tx god you understand it. i say tx god who help poor people ( me).

thanks and love
    vj
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:39 am

vijaybali wrote:
    Veg food for spiritual person because it increased their energy and make more positive and Silence in nature and strong intuition lot more So now not worry about full world just think own self because we are following spiritual path . First need to changed own not others. I showed the way which is very common in spiritual world that reason all saint fellow it and we are also working on that .

vj, what you state here is important
    If we change ourselves as I did; I
    noticed that my husband began to not
    mind having less red meat & more fresh
    veggies, fruit. In today's tight schedules
    its easy to reach for the quick & easy
    packaged foods that are not always healthy
    after they put preservatives etc,in the packets

I have friends who have been true vegetarians for
    decades long before it became a buzz word.Changing
    ones eating habits is a personal choice.

sunny flower pig veg and non-veg - Page 3 78411 rendeer cat heart smiley
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:37 am

I could not get a number for Hams pig lucky little pig

...For a second there I thought you were talking about me.... Laughing
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:15 am

HC. I love pigs they are so cute. pig
    National pig day is March 1st cheers

Farm Pigs

Did you know?

* That pigs do not sweat and need to roll in mud to keep cool.
    * That pigs squeal so loudly they can hurt your ears! They can reach 115 decibels.
    * That pigs cannot lift their heads to look up at the sky, instead, they must turn their heads on one side so that the eye points upwards.
    * Pigs have a curly tail but when they are unhappy or not well, it goes straight.
    * Sows, or mother pigs, build huge nests to have their piglets in.
    * It is said that pigs are as intelligent as a three year old child.
    * Pigs can grow to a very large size, around 300 kilos.
    * Pigs can swim.
    * Young pigs love to run and play and chase each other around the paddock.
    * A sow is pregnant for 3 months, 3 weeks & 3 days.
    pig
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:52 am

ReikiJim has succinctly stated pretty much how I feel about this topic.

On another note, I know that if I don't eat enough meat, that I don't feel satisfied, and over a long period of time, I start to get low blood sugar headaches.

I'm especially talking about rare or medium rare red meat.

I tried. My mom and dad went vegetarian for several years, and when I would visit, that's what I had to eat. I didn't complain. When I came home from the Army, I lived with them for 6 months while I was waiting for my first quarter of College. I couldn't do it. I lasted a month. That was enough for me, and I would buy red meat and cook it myself.

I personally feel, that if you bless your food prior to every meal, thanking those who prepared it, and the living organisms that comprise it, everything will be fine.

And as I always say, everyone has a right to believe a particular way, and with those beliefs you create your own truth.
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:51 pm

vijaybali wrote:
    What do you think of "genetically enhanced" fruits and vegetables?

Can you asked some other way i don’t understand

What do you think would happen to the "rich countries", as you put it, if we quit consuming all meat tomorrow?

Veg food for spiritual person because it increased their energy and make more positive and Silence in nature and strong intuition lot more So now not worry about full world just think own self because we are following spiritual path . First need to changed own not others. I showed the way which is very common in spiritual world that reason all saint fellow it and we are also working on that .

Is there less disease and suffering in countries where the citizens eat mostly fruits and vegetables?

No, dought, very very less.

Scientists and doctors claim stuff all the time...They back it up with facts and figures....and then change their minds and tell you something else, a short while, or a long while later. Sometimes the latest tests and studies stand the test of time...and other times, health breakthroughs turn out to be, fad, fantasy or a healthy story for an industry in particular.

Not worry about doctor and scientist our scientist is our saint and our own soul.

I really do not care for people projecting guilt my way because i consume meat a couple of times a week. It`s nice that you back up your position with other peoples conclusions, in regard to research, instead of throwing guilt and accusation.

Nobody stop anybody for eating meat. You can also eat. But i have seen you have nice soul and want to help others so i explain all for you get better result in healing and it also help those who come to your place for healing.

Let me ask you one question...In the wild, when one animal eats another animal....does their "karma" get messed up?

Animals become animals due to karma and they have very very limit option to make their life better or coming life better they are just following the life due to karma and they have not logic brain like us to take decision what is right and what wrong
    That reason they eat each others. Again if i start to explain than again it become very big article. So i write in short.

at the end This only for those who want to get better result or best result in reiki may be you get result with non-veg but once person vegetarian he got lot of extra power which is not possible in non-veg food that reason all saint follow it .
    But i am very thank full to you for arise this question it help lot of friends.
    Thanks and regards

vj

Hi vj,

Um...Genetically enhanced fruits and vegetables are the products of genetic engineering by scientists....One example of this is that scientists have produced a strain of tomatoes that have an Arctic Char gene spliced into it to help promote a longer shelf life...

Honestly vj, I agree with you that the more fresh produce and raw food one eats the better off we are...and I did live this way for a period of time...But in the world that i work in...unfortunately, caffeine and red meat, serve me well some days...unfortunate, but true none the less. I do not/cannot have the discipline to share your eating practices at the moment...maybe some day when my life returns to a totally spiritual setting this will happen...

Anyway...thank you for sharing all this wonderful information with us...I cannot buy into the karma position, cause it`s not my thing...but I do appreciate what you are sharing in this regard...

Smile RJ
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:22 pm

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    when I go into towns and cities...there is such a sense of disconnection on so many levels *sighs*

Hi Shakti,

I agree...I was raised in the country and always chose to spend my free time around rivers and lakes, prefferably in the wilderness. I find too much "messed up" energy in the cities...I suppose I haven`t spent much time trying to interpret what it is, and created of, cause it`s kinda...not that palatable. When I`m in the country, or wilderness for that matter , I can open up and drink in all that comes my way. I suppose conditioning plays a role...But I will always be more open and relaxed in a wilderness/country setting.

Smile RJ
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:01 pm

Cool pig facts!!
    I love pigs too, I have a super poke pet in FB that happens to be a wee little pig!

cheers
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

veg and non-veg - Page 3 Empty veg and non-veg

Post by vijaybali Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:27 am

Dear chi_solas

chi_solas wrote:

vj, what you state here is important
    If we change ourselves as I did; I
    noticed that my husband began to not
    mind having less red meat & more fresh
    veggies, fruit. In today's tight schedules
    its easy to reach for the quick & easy
    packaged foods that are not always healthy
    after they put preservatives etc,in the packets

I have friends who have been true vegetarians for
    decades long before it became a buzz word.Changing
    ones eating habits is a personal choice.

i understand yourway. but i am not insist anybody. I believe in one thing whatever going in the world is the wish of super power .MY work is finished after putting article and try my best to say the fact. God way of working is very different we only reconised when thing pass away. So let give some time may be this article have also some great thought of god for those who realy todo in the field of spritiuality not only this site there lot more who is reading may be they are member of not or may be somebecome great saint like budha or more and show the path of god. so it is my idea may god want more than this.

But i say to tx all lovely, beautiful, energetic, non-vegterian,veg, multi-hand, etc because they have done their duty as god wish. now wait some year may this seeds give very healthy crop in future all of us or all the world.

thanks and regards

vj
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:42 am

Thaak wrote:

On another note, I know that if I don't eat enough meat, that I don't feel satisfied, and over a long period of time, I start to get low blood sugar headaches.

I tried. My mom and dad went vegetarian for several years, and when I would visit, that's what I had to eat. I didn't complain. When I came home from the Army, I lived with them for 6 months while I was waiting for my first quarter of College. I couldn't do it. I lasted a month. That was enough for me, and I would buy red meat and cook it myself.

I personally feel, that if you bless your food prior to every meal, thanking those who prepared it, and the living organisms that comprise it, everything will be fine.

And as I always say, everyone has a right to believe a particular way, and with those beliefs you create your own truth.

i have suggestion, start the thing step by step. means first control in once a month than next month twice month, than 4 time in month ( other day you can eat
    ) when you work like this you never got headache and after few year you are capable to work on veg-food.

it is suggestion , because i have seen you have some will but not confidence, you can do it or not but once you try like this you army power come out and you win like a great solider. i have 100% beleive on you.

i told everybody i am non-vegterian but i hardly eat meet for long long time but i say everybody i am non-veg if any satuation will come where i need to eat meat definately i eat it without any problem so it is safe game to control habbit. i feel when we todo the thing forcefully it become impossible so take easyway...

So keep it up i saluate you beautiful thought to left non-veg..

thanks and love

vj
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:19 am

Thaak wrote:

vijaybali wrote:
    i have suggestion, start the thing step by step. means first control in once a month than next month twice month, than 4 time in month ( other day you can eat
    ) when you work like this you never got headache and after few year you are capable to work on veg-food.

it is suggestion , because i have seen you have some will but not confidence, you can do it or not but once you try like this you army power come out and you win like a great solider. i have 100% beleive on you.

i told everybody i am non-vegterian but i hardly eat meet for long long time but i say everybody i am non-veg if any satuation will come where i need to eat meat definately i eat it without any problem so it is safe game to control habbit. i feel when we todo the thing forcefully it become impossible so take easyway...

So keep it up i saluate you beautiful thought to left non-veg..

thanks and love

vj

I also really like meat, and don't want to stop eating it. That is the most clarifying fact here I think.
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:09 am

hai thaak,

tx

keep it up
    vj
    JohnC
    JohnC

Post by JohnC Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:54 am

I turned vegetarian last Christmas - my wife burned the turkey. Very Happy

I have to say I felt much better for the change, but it wasn't ideal for the family dinners so I took an allergy test to see what I had to avoid, and what I could start eating again.

Turns out I have to avoid beef, and pork, but I'm OK with lamb and chicken - so that's the meat I eat now (veal is an option that I don't take up).

I've always liked meat, and would prefer to go on eating steaks every now and then, but I'm prepared to give up what I can't physically stomach...

I'd be more prepared to look at environmental than spiritual arguments to convince me to give up meat totally in the future.

John
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:08 pm

The first time I became Vegetarian was in 1993. At that time, I had moved into the San Francisco Zen Center as a resident monk. The foods prepared for us were always vegetarian, and after some time I managed to fully convert to vegetarianism. That lasted until 1999, partly because I was gaining too much weight and largely because I was less involved in the Zen practice.

The other year I entered college, and our English instructor required us to read a book by Michael Pollan, The Omnivore's Dilemma. The book explores vegetarian eating, organic farms, meat eating, and slaughter houses. During my time in Zen, I was vegetarian largely because of peer pressure to be compassionate and moral to all living beings, but that peer pressure faded as I grew further away from that community. While reading Omnivore's Dilemma, I was given a new reason to return to the vegetarian lifestyle: growth hormones and antibiotics. I think it may be somewhat common knowledge that growth hormones are injected into cattle because I knew it prior to reading Pollan's book, but I didn't know that antibiotics were used and had become necessary to keep the animal alive. Antibiotics are now necessary to keep these animals alive because we have destroyed their natural immune system.

Growth hormones in meat was always a mild concern for me, but knowledge of the antibiotics being used not to help an animal through an illness but to keep it alive was the factor that completely changed my mind and caused me to return to vegetarianism.

This time, I approached vegetarianism with patience. I made gradual changes to my diet, and as some years had passed since the 1990's, I began purchasing additional books about the topic.

One of the books that was recommended to me by one of my Reiki students was The China Study by Drs. Campbell. Through that book, I learned a lot of useful information about nutrition, which has allowed me to balance the nutrition of my meals to a much greater degree than I was ever able to do in the past.

Today, three of my favorite cooking books are:
    1,000 Vegan Recipes and
    Vegan Fire & Spice: 200 Sultry and Savory Global Recipes by Robin Robertson, and
    Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero.

I recently received The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone and think it is an excellent book, too.

Overall, I feel much better on the vegetarian diet, especially since that now enough nutritional information is available that allows vegetarians to eat healthy portions in the right combination.
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:12 pm

stephenbuck415 wrote:
    Growth hormones in meat was always a mild concern for me, but knowledge of the antibiotics being used not to help an animal through an illness but to keep it alive was the factor that completely changed my mind and caused me to return to vegetarianism.

Yup... you have to be careful about where you buy your meat if this is a concern for you. I only buy "organic" chicken or pork (hard to find organic beef). And Chipotle advertises that their meat is all natural and free range.

But I believe that's why we are seeing the mass mutation and antibiotic resistant strains of previously innocuous bacteria and viruses. The antibiotics that we eat in our every day food partially damage these critters, causing them to mutate into something nasty. And the scary thing is, it is the good bacteria in our digestive systems that are mutating.
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:15 pm

dear JohnC

You are special believe me very few in the world who are leader. you want to knew why, they make their way by own style with their strong will power and i think you have all this otherwise such country where people love non-veg more than anything and same place you have done such strong decision i admire of you.

keep it up , you are great inspiration for many people one of them i am.

thanks and love
    vj
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:23 pm

dear stephenbuck415

thanks and regards you experience inspired me alot

vj
    awaken
    awaken

Post by awaken Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:28 am

Performing jaka-kiri-joka-ho and then CKR on your food makes it a lot healthier and purer.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:31 am

smething similar perhaps. In Quantum touch, in the basic workshop, we do the 'wine test'. We get some wine, and run energy into it. We thne taste the wine with no energy run into it, and taste the stuff with energy ruan into it. The latter tastes quite different! most students would say this.

Perhasp something similar with what you're saying John?
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:03 pm

Welcome awaken ! cheers

Thanks for the reminder to Reiki our food
    I Reiki my vegetable garden but forget to
    Reiki food in the Kitchen except to Reiki
    open a jar. veg and non-veg - Page 3 850837
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:19 pm

hai awaken

awaken wrote:Performing jaka-kiri-joka-ho and then CKR on your food makes it a lot healthier and purer.

tx for wonderful suggestion i appriciate your effort.

thanks and love
    vj

Last edited by Milarepa on Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : moderating)
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:21 pm

dear chi_solas

chi_solas wrote:Welcome awaken ! cheers

reiki is everywhere only problem we are not capable to understand.
    So as soon as our sense will arise we understand it.

Thanks and regards
    vj

Last edited by Milarepa on Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : moderating quotes)
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:24 pm

chi_solas wrote:Welcome awaken ! cheers

dear chi_solas

reiki is everywhere only need to arise our sense as soon as it arise we find it is everywhere.

so never forget affraid

thanks and regards.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:11 am

Milarepa wrote:smething similar perhaps. In Quantum touch, in the basic workshop, we do the 'wine test'. We get some wine, and run energy into it. We thne taste the wine with no energy run into it, and taste the stuff with energy ruan into it. The latter tastes quite different! most students would say this.

If I remember correctly from Richard Gordon's book, he indicated that running energy into the wine ruined its taste.

Bruce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:16 am