Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
Milarepa
vijaybali
Reikijim
chi_solas
8 posters

Friday the 13th are you superstitious?

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Friday the 13th are you superstitious? Empty Friday the 13th are you superstitious?

Post by chi_solas Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:23 pm

November Friday the 13th is a week away,
    are you going to stay at home & be safe
    or will you venture out? scratch

Do you have a superstition you'd like to share?

My mother was very superstitious. When there
    was a full moon she would tell us to turn the
    money in our pockets for good luck...........
    my interpretation of that superstition was your
    lucky if you have money in your pocket to turn. sunny
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Friday the 13th are you superstitious? Empty Re: Friday the 13th are you superstitious?

Post by Reikijim Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:49 pm

chi_solas wrote:November Friday the 13th is a week away,
    are you going to stay at home & be safe
    or will you venture out? scratch

Do you have a superstition you'd like to share?

My mother was very superstitious. When there
    was a full moon she would tell us to turn the
    money in our pockets for good luck...........
    my interpretation of that superstition was your
    lucky if you have money in your pocket to turn. sunny

Hi,

I do not know if this can be considered a superstition or not....But...When working on a project of any sort, some seem to be inclined to point out, or focus on all the complications and negative situations that could arise. Something in my mind always reacts to this kind of thinking....I suppose i feel that they may be "inviting" a less desireable outcome to the situation at hand...kinda drives me nuts What a Face i suppose i do this too, buy rarely. i guess it`s one thing to consider alternative outcomes, but yet quite another to dwell on them.

Smile RJ
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Friday the 13th are you superstitious? Empty Re: Friday the 13th are you superstitious?

Post by chi_solas Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:53 pm

Don't walk under a ladder is common sense,

Don't let a black cat cross your path can be a challenge.

of course the # 13 must have many superstitions. On my street
    the odd #'s go 9,11,15, there is no #13. scratch
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:05 pm

chi_solas wrote:Don't walk under a ladder is common sense,

Don't let a black cat cross your path can be a challenge.

of course the # 13 must have many superstitions. On my street
    the odd #'s go 9,11,15, there is no #13. scratch

Lol...I love black cats...they`re beautiful...lol

Smile RJ
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Friday the 13th are you superstitious? Empty Friday the 13th are you superstitious?

Post by vijaybali Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:29 pm

hai,

Superstitions primarily represent the underlying inherent fear of mankind, caused by the uncertainties of this world. In a way, it is a sign of acceptance of our ignorance and limitations of our power.

Superstitions and reiki two different poll. Where ever reiki, Superstitions has no mean and if somebody still believe after coming to reiki it means he/she wasted time and money.

Thanks and love
    vj
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:31 pm

Agree with VJ. When i started to experience Reiki, my superstitions vanished. felt i'd no need to fear anything.
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:12 pm

As a Knight Templar, I'm wary of the French nobility and Catholics... I do my best to avoid them on that day.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:42 pm

Just on that day? lol!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:19 am

I am finding the subject of superstition
    interesting as it does latch itself to
    people from around the world. I use to
    think only Tinkers/Gypsy were superstitious.
    It goes beyond Labeling certain people from
    different lands or religions..
    farao queen Twisted Evil king santa Evil or Very Mad scratch

Here are some flower superstitions:

* In some places, it is thought bad luck to give someone an even number of flowers, because even numbers of flowers are reserved for the dead.
    * Speaking of flowers for the dead, don't take flowers off a grave, or you might soon find yourself in one.
    * If you pick a dandelion that's gone to seed and blow at it, the number of seeds still on the stem will be the number of children you'll have.
    * If you pick a daisy and count out the petals as you remove them with "he loves me", "he loves me not", you'll find out how the boy you fancy really feels.
    * If a girl picks a bunch of flowers, especially daisies, with her eyes closed, the number of flowers indicate how many years until her marriage.
    * Some flowers, such as anemones are used as charms to ward off disease or ill fortune.
    * Day lilies are believed to alleviate sorrow by causing the wearer to forget her troubles. Poppies have a similar effect.
    * Don't pick foxgloves or you'll offend the fairies.
    * It is considered unlucky to have real flowers on stage or to give an actress flowers before a show. Use artificial flowers on the set and wait until after a performance to give flowers to a performer.
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:27 am

stephenbuck415 wrote:As a Knight Templar, I'm wary of the French nobility and Catholics... I do my best to avoid them on that day.

That's gotta be tough, I mean French nobility is all over the place.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:02 am

We gotta be careful here, talkin bout frenchies. We don't wanna contravene the 'French Laws' of the forum! lol!
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:44 am

I have to admit I'm not particularly superstitious about things like the #13 or black cats.

I tend to be superstitious about situations such as when I'm in the car taking a trip with with my husband and he'll say, "Wow - there's no traffic today." I'll then tend to shush him because of course the minute you say something like that, traffic will materialize. Laughing
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:53 am

Dragonfly wrote:I have to admit I'm not particularly superstitious about things like the #13 or black cats.

I tend to be superstitious about situations such as when I'm in the car taking a trip with with my husband and he'll say, "Wow - there's no traffic today." I'll then tend to shush him because of course the minute you say something like that, traffic will materialize. Laughing

sorta like.....
    When your behind time you always get every
    learner driver in front of you and every light
    is red.

This is another topic lol!
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:19 am

chi_solas wrote:

sorta like.....
    When your behind time you always get every
    learner driver in front of you and every light
    is red.

This is another topic lol!

Hi Bridget,

...and it`s snowing.....and you`re late for work already... A nice time to include the precepts in ones thought process...The precepts...I don`t think there is a situation in life that they cannot be applied to...lol

Smile RJ
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:34 am

I'm not superstitious in the slightest..and I LOVE the number 13 I've had many a birthday on Friday the 13th cheers
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:10 am

Stones are used in some healing modalities.
    what power if any does crystals play in Reiki

To wear an opal is bad luck, but rubies bring health. How
    these stones affect the future, how they destroy causes and defeat
    effects, no one pretends to know.
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:16 am

I love crystals I have them all over the house and for about 15 years wore an amethyst crystal around my neck, until the chain broke this year!! I now have two beautifuil amethyst rings that I like to wear.... But I've never 'used' crystals when working on anyone, but I often used to wear my necklace during treatments...only becaue it felt part of me....
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:50 am

What do you think of #'s as part of
    the intuition/spiritual world.
    Superstition or not? scratch

The Meaning of 11/11 in 2009

By: Lynn Scheurell

Those of you following me for some time know that I like to get information from various esoteric tools, and share it in case you find it provocative and insightful. The object of my most recent attention is today’s date—November 11, 2009, or 11/11/11 (by adding 2 + 9 of 2009).

This is the first time this master number has shown up in a date (in what I understand our lifetime!), which is big energy on a number of levels.

To begin, eleven is the master psychic’s number, and focuses on intuition, spiritual truth, ideals, and being a conduit for high vibration energy and insights. It’s not about being risky, reckless, or even speculative; in fact, it’s the opposite. It’s making choices and decisions from a deep knowingness that transcends the surface “look” of a situation, circumstances, or relationship. When you (or any of us) operate from that place, you are following your unique insights, which is the only place to enhance our true creativity. Looking for the short, obvious answers stunts our growth, the remedy of which is to know what we know and be responsible for it.

The primary energy of 11:11:11 is (naturally enough) one energy, which is about leadership, new beginnings, fresh starts, pioneering, independence, self-awareness, consciousness, leading your own life and taking care of your own needs; however, the shadow side of one energy includes being selfish, arrogant, aggressive, egotistical and lacking tact. The 1 + 1 energy of eleven is the number of connection—if you know that 1 + 1 equals two, but it doesn’t feel right, it’s a sign that you’ve overlooked some details and your intuition is talking to you to help you connect the dots.

The 11/11 energy invites being fully accountable for your actions and how you are living your life from an evolved perspective. When not fully expressed, the shadow energy of 11 is living in fantasy, instability, paranoia, un-balanced, ignorant, manipulative, with an irrational fear of change and self-sabotage. It’s a powerful number that can offer clarity or delusion, depending on how you relate to it.

The eleven energy helps us to see things from different perspectives—even the eleven (when laid sideways) becomes an equal sign (=). And 11 is made up of two ones, symbolizing humanity by the one looking at itself (think 1:1 with the colon as the mirror). The eleven energy represents both the one person but also the ‘we’ that is formed by two. It is the individual reflecting on oneself at a deep level (not just the surface image) to grow into self-acceptance and more full contribution to the whole.

11:11:11 (the date today) adds up to the number six, which is the number of domestic responsibilities, home, family, stability, accountability, and balance. The six energy teaches how to make the “right” decisions, to rise above small-mindedness and to see the hidden aspects of your priorities and decisions—they have to go beyond your own interests to include your “family” (whether biological or chosen). There aren’t any quick fixes in the six vibration; instead, it’s about patience and taking time to let things grow (as we do with children).

In this energy, you are the parent—to shepherd positive growth, to teach, be a good role model, and be fully expressed from the inside out—for yourself and the people in your world. This may require some healing from the inside out too, which means letting go of that which you know no longer serves you emotionally, physically, intellectually, energetically, spiritually. This is the time to release those old patterns and heal, as the power of profound insights supports your change.
    May you discover your insights and illuminated path by using the 11:11:11 energy today and beyond.

As this is a power day my suggestion would be to do the Tap and meditate for peace today
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:56 am

Depends on how you approach the numbers. If you are speaking of numerology as a way to interpret signs (like Tarot, Astrology, et. al.) then I would say it is not superstition.

If you are afraid of Friday the 13th because the mass media since the 13th century has painted it as bad, then yes, it is superstition.
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:55 pm

chi_solas wrote:What do you think of #'s as part of
    the intuition/spiritual world.
    Superstition or not? scratch

Hello Folks,

This was a fun diversion....The link I share is to a site that will analyze your name through numerology....enjoy.

www.paulsadowski.com/Numbers.asp

My results....

There are 22 letters in your name.
    Those 22 letters total to 92
    There are 7 vowels and 15 consonants in your name.

What your first name means:
    Shakespearean Male 'King John' James Jurney, servant to Lady Faulconbridge. 'King Richard III' Sir James Tyrrel. 'King Richard III' Sir James Blount.
    Hebrew Male Variant of Jacob: He grasps the heel. Supplanter.
    English Male Supplant. Replace. Variant of Jacob derived from the latin Jacomus.
    Biblical Male That supplants, undermines, the heel

Your number is: 11

The characteristics of #11 are: High spiritual plane, intuitive, illumination, idealist, a dreamer.

The expression or destiny for #11:
    Your Expression number is 11. The number 11 is the first of the master numbers. It is associated with idealistic concepts and rather spiritual issues. Accordingly, it is a number with potentials that are somewhat more difficult to live up to. You have the capacity to be inspirational, and the ability to lead merely by your own example. An inborn inner strength and awareness can make you an excellent teacher, social worker, philosopher, or advisor. No matter what area of work you pursue, you are very aware and sensitive to the highest sense of your environment. Your intuition is very strong; in fact, many psychic people and those involved in occult studies have the number 11 expression. You possess a good mind with keen analytical ability. Because of this you can probably succeed in most lines of work, however, you will do better and be happier outside of the business world. Oddly enough, even here you generally succeed, owing to your often original and unusual approach. Nonetheless, you are more content working with your ideals, rather than dollars and cents.

The positive aspect of the number 11 expression is an always idealistic attitude. Your thinking is long term, and you are able to grasp the far-reaching effects of actions and plans. You are disappointed by the shortsighted views of many of your contemporaries. You are deeply concerned and supportive of art, music, or of beauty in any form.

The negative attitudes associated with the number 11 expression include a continuous sense of nervous tension; you may be too sensitive and temperamental. You tend to dream a lot and may be more of a dreamer than a doer. Fantasy and reality sometimes become intermingled and you are sometimes very impractical. You tend to want to spread the illumination of your knowledge to others irrespective of their desire or need.

Your Soul Urge number is: 5

A Soul Urge number of 5 means:
    The 5 soul urge or motivation would like to follow a life of freedom, excitement, adventure and unexpected happening. The idea of travel and freedom to roam intrigues you. You are very much the adventurer at heart. Not particularly concerned about your future or about getting ahead, you can seem superficial and unmotivated.

In a positive sense, the energies of the number 5 make you very adaptable and versatile. You have a natural resourcefulness and enthusiasm that may mark you as a progressive with a good mind and active imagination. You seem to have a natural inclination to be a pace-setter. You are attracted to the unusual and the fast paced.

You may be overly restless and impatient at times. You may dislike the routine work that you are engaged in, and tend to jump from activity to activity, without ever finishing anything. You may have difficulty with responsibility. You don't want to be tied down to a relationship, and it may be hard to commit to one person.

Your Inner Dream number is: 6

An Inner Dream number of 6 means:
    You dream of guiding and fostering the perfect family in the perfect home. You crave the devotion from offspring and a loving spouse. You picture yourself in the center of a successful domestic unit.

Smile RJ
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:26 pm

That was fun. I typed in my maiden name
    it seemed on target. Its interesting like
    pulling runes.

Each time I go into these kinda websites
    they mess up my computer.I had to shut
    down and reboot. Its as if you get some
    thing free and they attach themselves.
    sunny
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:56 pm

chi_solas wrote:That was fun. I typed in my maiden name
    pulling runes.

sunny

Hi Bridget,

But some security stuff for your comp my friend....It`s worth the investment i would say... Smile

RJ
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:37 pm

Reikijim wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:That was fun. I typed in my maiden name
    pulling runes.

sunny

Hi Bridget,

But some security stuff for your comp my friend....It`s worth the investment i would say... Smile

RJ

I thought I had security stuff sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:06 am