Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

New forum suggestion for RLL

Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

New forum suggestion for RLL Empty New forum suggestion for RLL

Post by Pandora Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:47 pm

What about an "ABC of Reiki" section, where we can put words and their definition (or stories about them)in alphabetical order?

I thought a typical entry would look like this:

Under Section B

Bubbles
    When Usui sensei received his enlightenment on Mount Kuruma, he is said to have seen the Reiki symbols floating in bubbles above his head.

What do you reckon?
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

New forum suggestion for RLL Empty Re: New forum suggestion for RLL

Post by Colin Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:12 am

Great suggestion, Chris!

However, we will probably end up having lots of discussions about the exact definitions of the words (not necessarily a bad thing though!)

For example, even in the "typical entry" you have suggested, there are at least two contentious points! Smile (ones which I would imagine James or Wayne would point out even if I didn't! Laughing )

The mountain's name is actually Kurama (yes, I know it was probably just a typo in your case but some people use all sorts of variations) Also, Mrs Takata originally said that Usui saw millions of bubbles with the colours of a rainbow and then saw a great white light on which the Sanskrit characters he had been studying appeared in gold - no mention of Reiki symbols.

Here is a transcript of Mrs Takata telling the story:
    Hawayo Takata wrote:
    Then he happened to look a little on the right side and then he saw from the right side of his face, millions and millions of bubbles all came out, bubbling up, bubbling up, bubbling up, bubbling up, millions and millions and millions of bubbles! And these bubbles all had colors. And they had the colors of the rainbow. And he said they danced in front of him and then they went to the left and when that went he saw another streak of light - this time he says "the color of another rainbow," he said "the blue came out, and then went through the right, to the left" and then he said "the lavender came out," and then he said "some rose came out, and then the yellow came out," and he said he was counting those colors, and it had the Seven Colors, all seven.

And so Dr. Usui said, "Whaa! This is a phenomena! I was blessed today." Then last of all, he saw the great white light come from the right, and then like a screen they just stood right in front of him, like a screen. And when he glued his eyes to the screen, he said, what he had studied in the Sanskrit, what he saw and studied in the Sanskrit, he said, one by one flew out, and then in golden letters, he said they just radiated out in front of him as if to say, "Remember! Remember!"

So, yes it is a great idea and one I am sure will generate much discussion on here!
    Smile
    Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:00 am

What a lovely description Colin!

I had thought of suggesting a Reiki Wiki, but then thought the ABC would be quite enough for us contentious souls!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:41 am

Chris that's a great idea. study

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:27 pm