Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

    The Artists Way....

    Share
    avatar
    chuglet
    Member
    Member

    The Artists Way....

    Post by chuglet on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:04 pm

    I am about to embark(being the operative word here from those that i have spoken to about it) on the 12 week journey/course called The Artist's way..and quite excited about it..
    Has anyone on here done it? Question Question
    avatar
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

    Re: The Artists Way....

    Post by Milarepa on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:08 am

    I havn't Bro, but i bet you're getting everyones curiousity up now, could you share more bout it?


    _________________
    "That which is able to save your body and soul is naohi given by God". Onisaburo Deguchi.
    avatar
    chuglet
    Member
    Member

    Re: The Artists Way....

    Post by chuglet on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:14 pm

    Well, I haven't actually started it yet- just went to a meet and greet last saturday and there were 13 or 14 people there...will be starting next monday as I am awaiting the book that I ordered..
    In a nutshell it is described as "A course in discovering and Recovering your creative self" with a premise that creativity in and of itself is an authentic spiritual path...
    There are a few components to it..The first one is the morning pages...this is where (as close as to waking as possible) just write down whatever comes out...without thinking about or analyzing it.(stream of conciousness stuff)..about 3 A4 pages...
    Second, is a once a week artists date, where (by yourself) you go somewhere that interests you...
    Each week also has different exercises to do which at this stage I have no idea what they are- and it is recommended to not look ahead in the book, just do them when they come along...
    Then once a week the group meets up(if you want to or can) to discuss things..
    For myself..I am just interested in the whole process and to see what emerges or is unleashed from it... study
    avatar
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

    Re: The Artists Way....

    Post by chi_solas on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:33 pm

    chuglet wrote:Well, I haven't actually started it yet- just went to a meet and greet last saturday and there were 13 or 14 people there...will be starting next monday as I am awaiting the book that I ordered..
    In a nutshell it is described as "A course in discovering and Recovering your creative self" with a premise that creativity in and of itself is an authentic spiritual path...
    There are a few components to it..The first one is the morning pages...this is where (as close as to waking as possible) just write down whatever comes out...without thinking about or analyzing it.(stream of conciousness stuff)..about 3 A4 pages...
    Second, is a once a week artists date, where (by yourself) you go somewhere that interests you...
    Each week also has different exercises to do which at this stage I have no idea what they are- and it is recommended to not look ahead in the book, just do them when they come along...
    Then once a week the group meets up(if you want to or can) to discuss things..
    For myself..I am just interested in the whole process and to see what emerges or is unleashed from it... study

    These exercises are great. the first one;
    writing when you wake will be a challenge...
    Two: that's easy.......
    the discussions are always insightful...
    I love doing creative stuff like this.

    Keep us posted I'm really interested in
    what your final outcome will be. study


    _________________
    http://reiki-support.com/wordpress/ 

    http://www.reiki-support.com
    avatar
    chuglet
    Member
    Member

    Re: The Artists Way....

    Post by chuglet on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:37 pm

    chi_solas wrote:
    chuglet wrote:Well, I haven't actually started it yet- just went to a meet and greet last saturday and there were 13 or 14 people there...will be starting next monday as I am awaiting the book that I ordered..
    In a nutshell it is described as "A course in discovering and Recovering your creative self" with a premise that creativity in and of itself is an authentic spiritual path...
    There are a few components to it..The first one is the morning pages...this is where (as close as to waking as possible) just write down whatever comes out...without thinking about or analyzing it.(stream of conciousness stuff)..about 3 A4 pages...
    Second, is a once a week artists date, where (by yourself) you go somewhere that interests you...
    Each week also has different exercises to do which at this stage I have no idea what they are- and it is recommended to not look ahead in the book, just do them when they come along...
    Then once a week the group meets up(if you want to or can) to discuss things..
    For myself..I am just interested in the whole process and to see what emerges or is unleashed from it... study

    These exercises are great. the first one;
    writing when you wake will be a challenge...
    Two: that's easy.......
    the discussions are always insightful...
    I love doing creative stuff like this.

    Keep us posted I'm really interested in
    what your final outcome will be. study


    Hi Bridget!
    I agree... I am going to have to adjust my mornings to fit this in, and i am not usualloy a spring out of bed type person Shocked ..plus I will be on vacation for 5 of these weeks, so it will be a challenge to keep up the discipline of it- I like challenges though....
    About the final outcome..I see it is as something that will be rippling through my being for years to come, so might be a little hard to quantify what impact it does have...still, I will let you know...
    avatar
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

    Re: The Artists Way....

    Post by chi_solas on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:54 pm

    chuglet wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:
    chuglet wrote:Well, I haven't actually started it yet- just went to a meet and greet last saturday and there were 13 or 14 people there...will be starting next monday as I am awaiting the book that I ordered..
    In a nutshell it is described as "A course in discovering and Recovering your creative self" with a premise that creativity in and of itself is an authentic spiritual path...
    There are a few components to it..The first one is the morning pages...this is where (as close as to waking as possible) just write down whatever comes out...without thinking about or analyzing it.(stream of conciousness stuff)..about 3 A4 pages...
    Second, is a once a week artists date, where (by yourself) you go somewhere that interests you...
    Each week also has different exercises to do which at this stage I have no idea what they are- and it is recommended to not look ahead in the book, just do them when they come along...
    Then once a week the group meets up(if you want to or can) to discuss things..
    For myself..I am just interested in the whole process and to see what emerges or is unleashed from it... study

    These exercises are great. the first one;
    writing when you wake will be a challenge...
    Two: that's easy.......
    the discussions are always insightful...
    I love doing creative stuff like this.

    Keep us posted I'm really interested in
    what your final outcome will be. study


    Hi Bridget!
    I agree... I am going to have to adjust my mornings to fit this in, and i am not usualloy a spring out of bed type person Shocked ..plus I will be on vacation for 5 of these weeks, so it will be a challenge to keep up the discipline of it- I like challenges though....
    About the final outcome..I see it is as something that will be rippling through my being for years to come, so might be a little hard to quantify what impact it does have...still, I will let you know...

    study
    that's what I call awareness knowing that
    the outcome will take time.
    .......feedback all in goodtime...

    My Reiki Master Teacher just came back after
    3 weeks vacation in Australia & New Zealand
    She said she didn't mind the long trip and
    would love to go again. She was impressed
    with New Zealand. sunny


    _________________
    http://reiki-support.com/wordpress/ 

    http://www.reiki-support.com

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Artists Way....

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:08 am