Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Dragonfly
Milarepa
6 posters

Is EVERYthing energy?

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Is EVERYthing energy? Empty Is EVERYthing energy?

Post by Milarepa Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:43 pm

Like some kinda 'viral marketing', the 'everything is energy' concept is passed about in abundance. There might be some use in looking at that assumption, more closely.

What is a fact, is that some of our known reality is indeed classified as 'energy'. Question is though, how much of reality are we aware of firstly? Our measurable 'reality' accounts for a small portion of the known universe in itself. With other, more elusive, albeit potentially misleading labels as 'dark energy' & 'dark matter' accounting for most of it. Even though we know the existence of this, it's still a mystery, yet the terms used to describe it, may in fact, lead a person to a possible wrong assumption. Reinforcing something that really, no-one is sure of.

What else might not be 'energy'? For us to know it's energy, we must be able to measure it's effects, substance, nature & capabilities.

God, or one can use the term consciousness perhaps, or divinity, even my soul. Are these 'energy'? and if so, how do we know? Are we not assuming, based on our limited conscious expereinces of our reality?

Might be worth pondering over whether, is something in itself 'energy', or is it the effect it may have on something, that is in fact able to be (at present) measured in terms of an energetic response. One doesnt' necessarily mean the other...

Take care
    Wayne
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Is EVERYthing energy? Empty Re: Is EVERYthing energy?

Post by Dragonfly Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:57 pm

I think some things are manifestations but may not necessarily be "energy." Energy is usually an effect that something gives off, or at least that is how I see it.

As usual, I see you are broaching the clear and easy topics yet again. lol!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:02 pm

Hehe, thanks for such a quick response Dana!

Yeah, ahem, gotta love the easy subjects!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:33 pm

A rock comes to mind. It can absorb hot or cold energy.

The earth is about 70% water spinning through dark energy?
    I need to go get my science hat on. All this dark energy/matter
    is new to me. Arrow Maybe I need to sleep on this Sleep &
    then go study some more study
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:36 pm

yeah, it's a term/concept used to describe some anaomilies that can be explained by a mysterious form of energy. It's said to account for approx. 74% of known universe. Can't see it, but can see effects of it.
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:14 pm

And as I'm fond of saying to my friends who have a scientific background but ridicule me for doing Reiki: as long as we don't know what 80% of the Universe is made of, there are no grounds for saying that Reiki is bunk. For all we know, dark energy is what we are using when we do Reiki!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:45 pm

Excellant point Chris! something that's lead me to this topic is that quantum physicist whose dvd i've recommended. He highlights scientific errors in trying to explain things such as energy. When sceince can't explain things such as God, or consciousness, etc, whatever label is used.

As you're suggesting, if there's things in the universe we don't understand, we can't give a catch-all statement/phrase to everything.
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:03 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass%E2%80%93energy_equivalence

I've been trying to find a quote attributed to Einstein which starts "Remember when electricity was magic" or something like that? Scientific endeavour should be pushing the boundaries of knowledge, not reaffirming what we already know.

(I might come back and post more later. This damn cold's turned my brain into cotton wool.)
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:52 pm

Milarepa wrote:Like some kinda 'viral marketing', the 'everything is energy' concept is passed about in abundance. There might be some use in looking at that assumption, more closely.

What is a fact, is that some of our known reality is indeed classified as 'energy'. Question is though, how much of reality are we aware of firstly? Our measurable 'reality' accounts for a small portion of the known universe in itself. With other, more elusive, albeit potentially misleading labels as 'dark energy' & 'dark matter' accounting for most of it. Even though we know the existence of this, it's still a mystery, yet the terms used to describe it, may in fact, lead a person to a possible wrong assumption. Reinforcing something that really, no-one is sure of.

Wow...interesting post...had to give you a point for this one...

"How much of reality are we aware of?"...and... "How we view our reality? We can see dense matter transform itself...burn a piece of wood for example, a large dense mass, transforms into alot less mass and considerable heat/energy, with the help of oxygen...So we have less mass, as in ashes, even less weight. We have less oxygen/air, but we have alot of heat, and light. Is it a transformation of mass into energy, certainly seems so, or was there stored energy in the mass? Is there any energy left in the ash?...Hmmm...

Milarepa wrote:
    What else might not be 'energy'? For us to know it's energy, we must be able to measure it's effects, substance, nature & capabilities.

A change in state of any "thing" would indicate to me that an energetic event had happened

Milarepa wrote:
    God, or one can use the term consciousness perhaps, or divinity, even my soul. Are these 'energy'? and if so, how do we know? Are we not assuming, based on our limited conscious expereinces of our reality?

...yeah and the fact that we really aren`t that sensitive to our environment, generally speaking.
    I don`t see how we could know...Our conscious limitations do much to prevent us from knowing..maybe intuition, and some sort of instinctive knowing take over at some point.

As we are of this Universe, maybe we know things about it, yet cause we can`t prove them, we do not trust them...therefore, not truly believing in them.

Milarepa wrote:
    Might be worth pondering over whether, is something in itself 'energy', or is it the effect it may have on something, that is in fact able to be (at present) measured in terms of an energetic response. One doesnt' necessarily mean the other...

Take care
    Wayne

Ok...I`m not clear...Are you asking if some mass has no stored energy? From my understanding, if something moves, changes state, heat, light, energy is involved...I think atoms have electrons that are rather busy...

Smile RJ
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:26 pm

HI Bro,
    4 AM here, i'm just bout to go watch the new film Paranormal on telly, gonna scare the crap outta myself! Laughing

Reikijim wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

Take care
    Wayne

Ok...I`m not clear...Are you asking if some mass has no stored energy? From my understanding, if something moves, changes state, heat, light, energy is involved...I think atoms have electrons that are rather busy...

Smile RJ

Nah bro, i'm going beyond mass, energy, etc. Our existence, is only a very small percentage of mass, energy, etc. and for sure, nearly everything we've come across can presently be classified as energy. Even 74% of the universe is something else. that's only explained as a hypothetical theory. that is, the observational gravtitational effects of something else on matter. It's not clear what it is.

Our whole existence at the min, is classified by energy, this doesn't mean the whole of existence is energy, hehe. We've evolved to appreciate things to be energetic. For example, love is an energetic response within us, that permeates our surroundings. Or is it? Is love something else entirely, but it's only our response to it that we can label as energetic?

i'm kinda suggesting there might be other things in existence, and these other things, may bring about certain experiences/results, that at present, we can only put down to 'energy'. This doesn't mean what caused it was 'energy'. Only that it's the easiest, logical way to explain it atm. If we, humans, don't try to see if we can step beyond our current undertsandings, then, hehe, evolution, in all it's forms, may stop, Smile . which i know you & I enjoy doing anyhow.

So i'm kinda throwing up the idea of there being things in existence that aren't 'energy', and can't be classified as such. Dunno if this answers it better?

anyhow, i'm away to scare the pants of myself. Don't worry, i got Jasper, my faithful rat terrier/sausage dog cross to protect me!

Take care
    Wayne

Edit: i didn't mean we noth enjoy stopping evolution! Though some migth say we do! Lmao! Suspect
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:43 am

ever read the tao of physics??
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:46 am

Just googled it there sharon. wots it like?
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:10 am

educational....ahahahah worth a look at .....

I was sat outside our local Parish Centre a couple of years ago while my kids were inside at a drumming workshop..its was a sunny day ( a rarity) so I sat outside took a couple of beers ( I'm not a p*ss head honest!) and enjoyed the book....then along came our local priest ( lovely man my kids were in the same classess as his) and we started discussing the book, then along came my Tai Chi teacher and he joined in we had a very very interesting discussion about the nature of energy and the nature of god.....
    anyway to get back to the book I'd say give it a read ....
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:28 am

Jeez, hey think how the three of you bumped into each other at the right time, and when you'd read that book. I wonder... did it ever start your priest freind, or Tai Chi teacher to start looking into things in a new light, per the book subject?

Now that would be real cool!
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:25 am

well for a Christian priest he was very well read and had studied many other religions........he was a yorkshire man ......I really really liked him.... when my next door neighbours young child died he mentioned a lovely comment my neighbour made about seeing his childs third eye..... he also used to swear on occasion in church.....my kinda priest! not like most of the insipid christian priests we have around today...and I have some very interesting 'higher mind' discussions with my tai chi teacher, he says he wishes more students were like me!! ahahahahahah he turned up that day cos he could hear the drumming.......
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:27 am

so in answer to the question..they were both quite inquisitive souls to begin with.......
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:03 pm

i'm real curious though, did any of their perceptions, or studies, post-chat, be attributed to that chat being the catalyst. That woiul be some cool serendipity!
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:45 pm

I'm sure...every conversation we ever have can act as a catalyst for altering ones perceptions.... when one has an inquisitive mind..........one does their own research...

My passion and addiction is books...one book leads to another, which inspires a thought that leads to another which inspires a conversation that leads to another and so on and so on.... when it comes to the books I've read, synchronicity has always played a part....

the priest doesn't live here any longer....his 3 year stint , or what ever it is they do had come up and he had to move on......so I didn't really talk to him after that... but my Tai Chi teacher and I have some interesting conversations.... I have one of his books and he has one of mine at the moment.....
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:01 am

just come back from Tai chi today and found out that my teacher is 62..I thought he was about 45!!..is gobsmacked!!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:19 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:just come back from Tai chi today and found out that my teacher is 62..I thought he was about 45!!..is gobsmacked!!

I love it. People think my daughter is in her twenties
    she just turned 41. My Son turned 42 I know they are
    Irish twins. His co-workers believe he dyes his hair
    black he has no grey hairs. I am just beginning to see
    some silver threads myself. So many people in this time
    period do look younger. I remember when I was in my 20's
    folks in their 40's began to look over the hill. Today
    that's not the norm. sunny

How we build our inner energy may hold the key to not just
    looking young but feeling younger than our years.
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:21 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:just come back from Tai chi today and found out that my teacher is 62..I thought he was about 45!!..is gobsmacked!!

I met a lady in my home town a couple of years ago who practices Qi Gong, has been doing it since she was a kid in China. I guessed her to be in her mid 40`s...Her son told me that she`s 68...I was amazed...

Smile Rj
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:55 pm

no need for plastic surgery, folk should just focus on the 'internal arts'..... cheers

Bridget I remember when my mother was around 50 although she was a beautiful woman she just seemed ancient, they used to dress older for their age then..........my sister who is 50 looks like a woman half her age.....tis definately different times...... I didn't start going grey til I was about 35, but now they are coming in thick and fast!! *cries*......I go to bed at night and wake up in the morning with a two inch grey hair that has sprouted over night!! how the hell do those things grow so fast?? ahahahaha
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:41 pm

i'm getting pretty grey, and balding at the top. Bring it on, i couldn't give a toss, hehe.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:29 am

It's all in the mind. Re-incarnation
    may play a big role in where we are
    at this time in our lives. Our ancestors
    worked much harder to survive and as
    generations evolved we have learned to
    nurture and change our environment for
    the better. They use to look at the moon,
    stars & planets, today we can go beyond
    the earth's atmosphere out into the vast
    Universe.

The energy of my mind has no limits since I
    gave up beliefs that other bestowed on me. flower
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:07 am

so what are you saying....I can imagine the grey away?? ahahahah....I prefer hair dye...

wayne my hubby has thinned on top but couldn't give a T either.... but then you blokes aren't as vain as us ladies, ( well not the REAL blokes ahaha) a little vanity is healthy.....( excuse me I'm off to pluck me nostril hairs) Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:30 pm