Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Usui Shiki Ryoho & spirituality..

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Usui Shiki Ryoho & spirituality.. Empty Usui Shiki Ryoho & spirituality..

Post by Milarepa Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:29 am

{This is copy/pasted from my Bebo blog, with some subtle changes).

Hi All,

For some time, many have percieved a difference between what some classify as Western & Eastern Reiki. The latter usually only existing via claims of somehow being superior. Sometimes in not so obvious ways. I.E. 'originality'.

Perhaps one of the ways is the long standing supposition that as Hayashi sensei was a Doctor in the navy, he would have focussed more on any healing aspects of the style, and in doing so, took out any religious/spiritual overtones.

Of course, first of all, it'd have to be discerned were there any religious aspects in the style (setting aside our originality 'sources' today), and if they were took out, by whom?

The memorial has gave us an indication that Usui sensei wished this gift to be shared among many. Did he only treat Buddhists? Apparently not. Would Usui sensei have changed aspects of the style to fit others religious followers beliefs? Quite possibly. Would it have mattered to either Usui sensei, or say, a Christian student? Even more likely, it wouldn't. Reiki is simple, always best to share in a direct manner, without all these 'bells & whistles'. It is not required for any religious doctrine, yet a love for all religions' one truth, for all humanity, for all spirituality, is what gives this phenomenon a reason to exist. If we can see that, surely Usui sensei could. Why then would any religious aspects that weren't directly crucial to expereincing Reiki be included? Obvious answer is, they wouldn't.

Having said that, through Hayashi sensei, an apparently learned Christian (it's widely reported Mrs.Yamaguchi said Hayashi sensei was Christian), Usui Shiki Ryoho was shown to be immensely spiritual. He passed on the denju attunement, which has some fundamental Buddhist aspects. Not to mention his perhaps most important sutdent ever, Takata sensei. Takata sensei described Reiki as (i'm para-phrasing) God power, which resides just below the navel.

I wonder where, or who, she got that from, hehe. Do we really think, a Christian (Hayashi sensei) who studied under an apparently exceptionally spiritual teacher (Usui sensei), would not regard Reiki in such a spiritual way? IMO, too much is made of Hayashi sensei being a doctor, and too little made of the possibility of him being Christian.

Hayashi sensei is credited with providing the standard 12 hand position in western Reiki. If he did, it's kinda interesting, when we look at the first three. The pineal gland has long been associated with spirituality, and is regarded by many as the 'third eye'. Sharing the same general 'coverage' area of the three hands positions is the pituitary gland. For anyone interested, even a cursory google of 'pituitary' & 'spirituality' brings a wealth of information showing how important this gland is also to spirituality.

I guess though, a Christian wouldn't be interested in any of that, hehe.

What i'm guessing has happened, and i've done it myself, is....

We get taught Usui Shiki Ryoho. Then we attempt to look outside ourselves. Both for Reiki & spirituality. So we go seaarching for this 'spiritual' style of Reiki etc...

When all along, spirituality, and Reiki, our aspect of the divine, is, and always has been, within us.

Perhaps, once we strip all the excess down, and resist our ego trying to replace it with other peoples 'excess', we can finally see, we've been searching for something we had all along.

Take care

Wayne
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Usui Shiki Ryoho & spirituality.. Empty Reiki and spirituality

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi Wayne Smile

thanks for making your dialectic made public Smile

a wonderful piece of writing [applause]

i dont know the ABC of history of Reiki reaching us except the general information about Dr. Hayashi, Mrs. Takata, the Gokai, etc. and without ample information when i try to paint a big picuture of reiki, and its being trasmitted to our generation, i find a good discovery !

what made reiki to gain this wide acceptability across nations, belief systems, religions, etc. ? why would people so flock into it? although Usui himself gave priority to healing aspect of reiki when teaching it to Dr. Hayashi for onward benefit of navy officers, but does this make us believe that he really meant that reiki be known to people through its healing miracles ?

as per argument, we live in an era of great medical research, and in such era why would something subtle like reiki, which to the opponents is barely separate from supersitition, would gain such great appeal... why? why reiki is known as a healing modality rather than a spiritual modality? if we take this as-it-is, why would not people prefer medical sciences and scientific therapies for getting healing, if they need healing only ?

the answer is quite tricky Smile we need reiki since we want to heal ourselves, but in reality, we need reiki since our inner soul wants spirutal uplift, and spiritual englightment... so although we believe we are searching something like reiki for healing ourselves, we sometimes fail to understand the echo of our inner voice that is latent, hidden, but is quite demanding, is the factor that make us need reiki Smile

summing, reiki reaches us in the disguise of a healing modaility, but infact the real packet enveloped inside this healing emblem is the spirituality, that our inner desires and so desparately wants ! had there been no spirituality in reiki, the healing aspects must have burried over in acadamic texts and pages of history, instead of beind discussed here among working people, practical businessmen, professionals, and general public, like this forum...

so healing aspects of reiki must pay thanks to sprituality of reiki, since by virtue of the latter, the former have maintained their existence Smile

take care

love
    salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Usui Shiki Ryoho & spirituality.. Empty Re: Usui Shiki Ryoho & spirituality..

Post by Milarepa Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Hi Salman,

Lambs-Wool wrote:Hi Wayne Smile
    although Usui himself gave priority to healing aspect of reiki when teaching it to Dr. Hayashi for onward benefit of navy officers, but does this make us believe that he really meant that reiki be known to people through its healing miracles ?

This is the thing. It may at the start look like Usui sensei, or, Hayashi sensei, passed on 'healing' aspects, but it's not neccessarily the case, :-).

A while ago, i wanted to move away from any healing aspect of Reiki, and focus on spirituality. really though, all healing is spirituality anyhow. Most definitely within Reiki. And this is where is differs from other paths. By the very nature of what Reiki is, it of course has to be spiritual. Every single act within Reiki is a spiritual one, :-).

So, when we self-treat, we are expereincing our own spark of the divine. Whether we recoqnise it or not, how could it not be spiritual.

take care
    Wayne
    mike tyson

Post by mike tyson Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:06 am

Milarepa wrote:Hi Salman,

Lambs-Wool wrote:Hi Wayne Smile
    although Usui himself gave priority to healing aspect of reiki when teaching it to Dr. Hayashi for onward benefit of navy officers, but does this make us believe that he really meant that reiki be known to people through its healing miracles ?

This is the thing. It may at the start look like Usui sensei, or, Hayashi sensei, passed on 'healing' aspects, but it's not neccessarily the case, :-).

A while ago, i wanted to move away from any healing aspect of Reiki, and focus on spirituality. really though, all healing is spirituality anyhow. Most definitely within Reiki. And this is where is differs from other paths. By the very nature of what Reiki is, it of course has to be spiritual. Every single act within Reiki is a spiritual one, :-).

So, when we self-treat, we are expereincing our own spark of the divine. Whether we recoqnise it or not, how could it not be spiritual.

take care
    Wayne

About the same time i started learning reiki. I was delivering raw paper to a business that printed bibles. As i entered the building. I was thinking to myself, is reiki a good practice or bad?

As i look onto a table waiting for my receiver to receive me. I saw a scrap from a bible. It was from "Mattew chapter 5". It said,"Let your light shine, before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father in heaven".

I took this as a sign to continue my studies.
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:08 am

Wonderful!!......these little signs are there to show us we are on course..... Cool

~~

for me ultimately Reiki has never been about 'healing' an illness or shrinking a tumour, or helping someone reduce there medication etc etc.......

for me 'HEALING' has always been about spiritual awakening, in myself first, then helping to facilitate that in others.

One can be 'dying' of the most horrendous physical and material diseases, but if one has awakened spiritually then one is aware that there is no such thing as death as we think we know it......

We are eternal beings living a very short transient existence in a material form....

our material form is finite our spiritual being is infinite.

Spiritual healing has awakened me to this truth, and it's a truth I wish to awaken in others, through the application of Reiki.

Reiki for me isn't about healing a specific ailment.........it's about Soul connection. Soul to Soul communication. Healing of any ailment ( for me ) is a very nice side product..... Very Happy
    mike tyson

Post by mike tyson Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:58 am

Pachamama wrote:Wonderful!!......these little signs are there to show us we are on course..... Cool

~~

for me ultimately Reiki has never been about 'healing' an illness or shrinking a tumour, or helping someone reduce there medication etc etc.......

for me 'HEALING' has always been about spiritual awakening, in myself first, then helping to facilitate that in others.

One can be 'dying' of the most horrendous physical and material diseases, but if one has awakened spiritually then one is aware that there is no such thing as death as we think we know it......

We are eternal beings living a very short transient existence in a material form....

our material form is finite our spiritual being is infinite.

Spiritual healing has awakened me to this truth, and it's a truth I wish to awaken in others, through the application of Reiki.

Reiki for me isn't about healing a specific ailment.........it's about Soul connection. Soul to Soul communication. Healing of any ailment ( for me ) is a very nice side product..... Very Happy

In another thread someone asked abouut good Reiki Masters becoming very ill. I just think its God just telling or reminding us who we are, not to get too big for our britches or ego.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:00 am

mike tyson wrote:
    In another thread someone asked abouut good Reiki Masters becoming very ill. I just think its God just telling or reminding us who we are, not to get too big for our britches or ego.

i agree sunny

this is very strange when we see brilliant reiki people becoming ill to an extent we have no explanation. why would they not save and heal themselves ? this is a mystery. from my personal observation, i know that the days couple of years ago, when i was too much involved in giving reiki sessions to people around me, i became ill more frequently... it may be my internal cleansing side by side, but of course, i do hold that observation...

i recent one year, i mostly confined to myself in reiki sessions... results were different... visibly!

so what the conclusion... we should not treat others ? only self-treat ? or else ? i dont know... but i feel there is something to the equation which we often terribly miss...

Recently Jacky Ingram, Reiki Teacher of Wayne Harrison, the forum founder, passed away of a serious ailment.. she was the force behind an ultimate healing experience of Wayne, but she had to go through this much suffering herself... why? i dont know... its strange... i m no body to know it...

i suppose there is a rich multitude of cause and effect and the matrix is quite complex... we can pick some variables to entertain and explain a big picture, and we often fail it Smile

....the mystery continues !

Smile

Salman
    mike tyson

Post by mike tyson Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:15 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    mike tyson wrote:

i agree sunny

this is very strange when we see brilliant reiki people becoming ill to an extent we have no explanation. why would they not save and heal themselves ? this is a mystery. from my personal observation, i know that the days couple of years ago, when i was too much involved in giving reiki sessions to people around me, i became ill more frequently... it may be my internal cleansing side by side, but of course, i do hold that observation...

i recent one year, i mostly confined to myself in reiki sessions... results were different... visibly!

so what the conclusion... we should not treat others ? only self-treat ? or else ? i dont know... but i feel there is something to the equation which we often terribly miss...

Recently Jacky Ingram, Reiki Teacher of Wayne Harrison, the forum founder, passed away of a serious ailment.. she was the force behind an ultimate healing experience of Wayne, but she had to go through this much suffering herself... why? i dont know... its strange... i m no body to know it...

i suppose there is a rich multitude of cause and effect and the matrix is quite complex... we can pick some variables to entertain and explain a big picture, and we often fail it Smile

....the mystery continues !

Smile

Salman
    if we don't treat others we're missing out on the reason why God has lent us this gift to heal. That reason is to commune with each other and to glorify God. In hip.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:37 am