Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

Ultimate purpose? (Brainstorming)

Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Ultimate purpose? (Brainstorming)

Post by Milarepa on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:26 am

What's the ultimate purpose of the Reiki experience?

Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Re: Ultimate purpose? (Brainstorming)

Post by Colin on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:21 am

According to Usui sensei: "Shin shin kaizen..." (Improvement of Mind and Body).

Also "anshin ritsumei" or "anjin ryumei" - the state of perfect peace and happiness, being bothered by nothing.

Oh, yes, and it helps you relax as well! Very Happy

Reiki: pure & simple

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/reiki.colin/reiki.htm
    http://www.facebook.com/reiki.pureandsimple

The divine is not something high above us. It is in heaven, it is in earth, it is inside us. (Morihei Ueshiba)

Reiki is what happens when you make friends with the Universe! (Colin)

Ki flows, Reiki glows! (Colin)
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa on Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:02 am

Cheers bro, Smile.

so, to improve ourselves, be calmer, centered & more relaxed, this is all cool. Are these the ultimate purpose? Cause they're achievable relatively quickly (to one degree or another), with daily Reiki expereince.

Is there something deeper.

Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki on Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:20 am

Milarepa wrote:What's the ultimate purpose of the Reiki experience?

Perhaps, the ultimate purpose is to engender the realisation that there is no 'ultimate purpose'?

"Just for today..."

silent

James

James Deacon's REIKI PAGES
    http://www.aetw.org

Facebook Page
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Deacons-Reiki-Pages/524525297578403

Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa on Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:44 am

hehe. Even with mindfulness, there's a larger reason for it. for example, Buddha taught mindfulness is crucial to the path of enlightenment.

A personal example, when i was 19, my yoga teacher told me the reason to meditate is just for the joy of sitting. This is true, and when teaching these things, it's important to not focus on any 'end goal', or 'ultimate' reason, this doesn't mean there isn't an ultimate purpose for meditation.

Same with Reiki, imo. With the principles we've a reminder about being focused for today. This doesn't mean that there's isn't other things that the experience of Reiki may/can bring about, after an accumaltion of those 'just for todays'. Notwithstanding, the Reiki principles, although obviously crucial to Reiki, may or may not have any bearing on the actual reason for the experience we call Reiki?

what i'm really thinking of in this topic, is the path of Reiki in it's experience. intially, improvement in our mind, body, spirit. Some would call this Reiki Ryoho. Then some might mention Reiho. I feel there's no difference ultimately, only in initial application via techniques, maybe. Spirtitual advancement is healing, and healing it. So i'm suggesting the ultimate purpose (maybe effect) of Reiki, is the complete unification of ourselves, which is right up to enlightenment. Smile.

Take care
    Wayne

Post by Reikijim on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:03 pm

...my answer would have to be...transcendence and satori...leading to pure consciousness silent

Smile RJ
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:19 pm

Yeah, if it was Usui sensei whom empowered the symbols, and we expereince an ability he did, perhaps a purpose of Reiki might be to expereince something like Usui sensei did. not neccesarily a mountain fast mystical expereince, but a mystical expereince of some magnitude, that has lasting effect nonetheless.

Post by Reikijim on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:40 pm

Rlei_ki wrote:

Perhaps, the ultimate purpose is to engender the realisation that there is no 'ultimate purpose'?

"Just for today..."

silent

.......just be...... cheers
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool on Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:55 pm

Wayne Smile

a good topic indeed !

people come to reiki with a therapautic bent of mind in the first instance... they get treatments... find the wonders working... and then think about getting attunements for themselves.... other way round, they get attunements in order to self-heal and heal others.... but this is only the start !

when they practice reiki, and practice more, they find that therapautic element is just a part of a larger, bigger system.. they find that healing flows naturally to practice of reiki... healing no longer remains the goal, but becomes a milestone, an achievement, which we get and then embark on something next...

as per topic in question, re : "ultimate purpose", i doubt that we should be having an "ultimate purpose" ever Smile

reiki experience is a liberation...liberation from worries, anger, etc.... reiki is a feeling... reiki, my personal opinion, is not a means to some end... it is the end itself, with a next beginning awaiting us always... an endless journey, if we call it a journey....

as in other spiriutal practices and systems, we have to experience reiki for the sheer pleasure of it... we have to feel what we are feeling during reiki... we have to be 'one' with that feeling... i learned a precious lesson during my early age concentration exercises, that if we have to concentrate on something while gazing or meditating, we have to feel it and become part of that feeling instead of trying or attempting to concentrate on it by sitting outside it.... and same is with reiki perhaps ! Smile

so i second what your yoga teaher said Smile

nirvana, satori, revelation is never ever planned or attempted... it just comes on its own way... we have instances that sometimes revealation of something just 'descends' on us even when we were not thinking about that particular thing at that moment..

reiki sets going a process, and in itself, it is not a process per se.. rather it is a complete world in itself...

when we feel reiki, we are already in reiki, and nothing is there which we have to travel..... except our perception ! Smile

take care

(a big applause for the topic) Smile

salman
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:24 pm

looking at the responses to this topic, at the risk of it being misunderstood, i'm not suggesting there should be any 'goal' set in mind. Not that a goal in Reiki is bad in itself. Anyone ever applied Reiki in response to an illness, there's been a goal, i.e. the absense of said illness. In fact, many techniques in Reiki Ryoho has a goal when applied. The ultimate goal of Buddhism for example, is to escape samsara, by enlightenment. This doesn't mean that Buddhist's focus on obtaining enlightenment per se, but they're still aware of the big reason.

what i'm suggesting is that there's something beyond the obvious healing, the calmness, etc. Has God gave us Reiki only for these things, or, are these things already noted, merely signs of a larger picture begining to happen within ourselves.

There's a difference in being aware of a purpose, as opposed to latching onto it, striving to achieve it. The latter can impede spiritual progress, the former won't.

Take care
    Wayne

Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool on Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:21 am

Milarepa wrote:

There's a difference in being aware of a purpose, as opposed to latching onto it, striving to achieve it. The latter can impede spiritual progress, the former won't.

Take care
    Wayne

perfect!!

totally agreed Smile

take care
    salman
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:09 am

Spiritual awakening, discovery and truth.... I love you

To cleanse and throw wide open our 'doors of perception'

I also believe that Reiki, along with other spiritual practices coming out of the old mystery schools, are accessible to us all now for the purpose of helping all of humanity wake up to spiritual realities and dimensions.....to help humanity as a whole move into the 'next age'.... ( back to the 20120 stuff) Very Happy
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:36 am

hai friends,

I feel reiki merging us into god day by day and one day we become god......

thanks and love

vj
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:45 am

totally agree sharon!

Sounds good VJ!

Post by Thaak on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:35 am

I think the "ultimate purpose" of the Reiki experience is individualized.
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:35 pm

Thaak wrote:I think the "ultimate purpose" of the Reiki experience is individualized.

If each experience is different
    then it has to be individual.
    We may feel similarities during
    the experience but our needs are
    individual sunny

http://www.reiki-support.com
    Thaak

Post by Thaak on Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:30 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    Thaak wrote:I think the "ultimate purpose" of the Reiki experience is individualized.

If each experience is different
    then it has to be individual.
    We may feel similarities during
    the experience but our needs are
    individual sunny

Exactly. Some of us may only need to have the "Reiki experience" in-so-far as a client or patient. While others may need to carry it on through to a sitori or epiphany.

So, the "ultimate purpose" of Reiki, would be whatever we, as individuals, need.
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:27 pm

sure, individuals have different views, different objectives for every act in Reiki.

Prob why i mentioned 'brainstorming', as in - an invitation to find out those different views/ideas, Smile. What's Reiki for you both? Cool if it varies, it can do with me also.

Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:57 pm

It must be part of the human condition to assume that everything has a purpose. Do radio waves have a purpose?
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:50 pm

Pandora wrote:It must be part of the human condition to assume that everything has a purpose.

Looking at humans from a sociological viewpoint, this isn't surprising. we're a progressive species, and progressing at an incredible rate, whilst having the potential to progress immensely individually. This naturally makes us want to use our brains, and seek out reasons. without that, we'd not have the life we do now.

In a spiritual context, many things have a purpose. There's a purpose to being buddhist and following it's teachings. There's a purpose to Yoga, looking at the name will indicate this. There's even an ultimate purpose to martial arts, which actually many don't realise, which is also enlightenment.

Are you suggesting you don't do Reiki for any purpose? Not for preventative medicine, to relax, for specific ailments, for spirituality, either for yourself or others?

Pandora wrote:
    Do radio waves have a purpose?

Of course, many do!

Every artificial radio waves has a purpose or else we wouldn't have created it.

If you're speaking of naturally occuring radio waves, then that depends on who you ask. A religious person might say yeah radio waves do have a purpose, since the creator of this existence created 'light', and light is radio waves. Scientists also make a lot of use from naturally occuring radio waves, such as to know what elements a star is composed of.

and i havn't even went into the quantum physics of how everything is inter-connected, for a reason..

I know what you're thinking. Some might say we didn't create what Reiki actually is. Humans did create the platform to expereince it, and it's the purpose, usefullness, occurences we can talk about. As others have already, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne

Post by renukakkar on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:59 pm

people initially accept reiki for healing and then go on to learn it, teach it practise it. since reiki is ulfe it gives us much more. once into reiki you change, the change is very slow and is from within and moves outwards.

initially you chose reiki for whatever purpose then it choses you. you are slowly being drawn towards the light/ the source, your vibration level and energy becomes more and with it your day to day experiences. reiki starts going at the sub conscious level. you just have to say i will send reiki and reiki goes. so many times i have forgotten/ or unable to send due to work pressure or other reasons but the person receives.

even i have undergone a change. there was a time that i would have gone after what i though was right now i do not, and say that whatever happens is for my good. for example i wanted to go for the 5 months training some time in august 2007 but i could go only in early feb 2008. surprisingly, i did not make a fuss about it. my friend and others were surprised. it came to pass that the traing i attended in feb 2008 included a field training of 3 months which i got at my hometown, Dharmshala in Himachal Pradesh. this suited me well as by march my kids had completed their exams and they missed only one month of the next academic session at school as may and june were summer vacations. so whatever the source now does is for my benefit.

here in my new office i was given charge of heavy sections but i was transferred to a lighter one ( after 20 years of tough assignments) which made it easier for me to see to my kids/ go home early and without any office tension/ get leave for my cataract operation and then have time to write a book. maybe all this i was meant to do now.

so, the present purpose is growth i would say is spiritual growth....the whys wherefores and what we are destined to do as well as enlightment will follow and ultimatetely, as vijaybali says, our goal is becoming one with the source.
    Dharma

Post by Dharma on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:08 pm

to assist in bringing global balance and harmony
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:56 am

renu, good to see here, as always your
    wisdom and experiences shared add light
    to the world of Reiki sunny

http://www.reiki-support.com
    aronaya

Post by aronaya on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:52 pm

Mu!
    Frank

Post by Frank on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:16 am

Nice and interesting topic Smile

The ultimate aim of Usui-sensei's teachings is: to become one with Reiki. To 'become' Reiki is to attain enlightened.

"Reiki" is not just some kind of energy. It is the energy coming from the highest level of consciousness. It is the energy radiated by the enlightened.

Someone in this thread said that perhaps the ultimate goal is to experience something which Usui experienced. I feel that is very, very true. Everything he taught points at radiating Reiki (The Light), becoming one with Reiki, attaining enlightenment.

*Gasshō*
    Frank

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:00 pm