Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

    Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Share
    avatar
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by Milarepa on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:38 am

    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:'Sharon thats exactly what all religions are'...... no wayne that is not what all religions are..... the essence of spiritualk wisdom and truth and a path of disciovery lies witin all religions, but those truths have been manipulated and tainted in a a political way so as to control the masses..... how many christians take the bible literally and not symbollically???..... the true essence of spiritual teachings lies in symbology......yet look at how many people on our beautiful wee globe take the teachings of their 'sacred texts' as literal words of 'god'....

    We can't look at the actions of bad people and automatically tar all folks in any religion with the same brush. No religion has told folks to do the bad things, humans have twisted & manipulated things, which is what we do in all walks of live.

    You mentioned Christians. I've known many Christians who clearly had great spiritual expereinces, i can't ever be on a spiritual path myself and suggest their way is useless. People are free to interpret spiritual paths as they see fit, Smile. Cause it's working for them. What's important is the more folks have a spiritual experience, the better.

    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    ahhhrggggggg I could scream....... because millions of people have become enslaved to their religions......I'm sorry I get on one a bit when it comes to religion because peoples stupidity infuriates me!!!. 'Just for today do not anger'...well fuck that!..anger is a positive energy when it fuels the impetus for change.....

    It's fine, and valid we have our own opinions. I go back to what i was taught in Buddhism. I made an off-the-cuff remark about to a Buddhist nun about Christianity, and was gently admonished for it. Drolkar (she's New Kadampa, Tibetan) told me that we should encourage and applaud anyone who follows a spiritual path. It might not be our cup of tea, but we hamepr our own evolution of we hold onto resentment & judgment over anothers spiritual path. Isn't this how the very things we're talking about start? Smile.



    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:What does 'god' want wayne?

    I don't know what God wants in general, hehe. I know what he wants with Christianity & Islam though. When we study the sacred texts we easily see, Smile.

    and whats that then?

    You already know. What all religions say. To be kind to one another, and support one another, and to look to something greater than ourselves for purpose. The reason why God has gave us different religions, is cause different cultures respond better to different messages. Much like we like different food and music. God loves variety, Smile.

    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:Ripping the souls outta people is a bit strong what made you say this??

    are you aware of how us 'good civilised christians' treated the native americans? aboriginals? africans?

    I know what you're saying. Although you're not including the full term. It's western, white, good civilized christians'. I know western disease hit them hard, also they were involved in helping numerous wars. The native american holocaust was more along the lines of race.

    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    theres no way about it wayne christianity and all its dogma makes me wanna puke!.....

    ever watched the Magdelene sisters??

    That's fine, Smile. Yeah i did watch the film. With you're point you're mixing up systematic abuse with what Religion is meant to do, and does for so many. I go back to my point about Germans. They were willing to be in two wars that killed more folks than anything we've discussed, yet we can't suggest logically that Germans are bad, or should be done away with as a nationality.

    I know bad things are done in the name of religion, Smile. I got beat by 4 masked men & they tried to shoot me, so i've experienced bad things also. If a priest goes and robs a bank tomorrow, and says God wanted him to do that, it doesn't mean christianity is to blame.

    Take care
    Wayne


    _________________
    "That which is able to save your body and soul is naohi given by God". Onisaburo Deguchi.
    avatar
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Member
    Member

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by Shakti ~ Rising on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:54 am

    Wayne you an I will never agree on this subject......I have great disdain for religion.....all of which are man made.....I have great respect for the spiritual truths that reside within different religions, but religion as a set of 'rules' to follow should be done away with....... if my thoughts makeme less spiritually evoloved than those who accept and respect all religions then so be it......I'll enjoy my feast in hell!! Laughing
    avatar
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by Milarepa on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:59 am

    Shakti ~ Rising wrote: if my thoughts makeme less spiritually evoloved than those who accept and respect all religions then so be it......I'll enjoy my feast in hell!! Laughing

    Well, if i say that you're less 'evolved' than me, then that means i'm judging you, so i'd be showing i'm less evolved.

    I think i'll just say nothing.. Dunno what that implies.... Laughing . Only Joking! Smile

    Talking about hell. I'm just in the middle of reading up on sumerian religion. these folks felt that the after life was automatically one downward spiril! How's that for a recruitment campaign! We're doomed no matter what, hehe.


    _________________
    "That which is able to save your body and soul is naohi given by God". Onisaburo Deguchi.
    avatar
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Member
    Member

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by Shakti ~ Rising on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:09 pm

    are you sure that they didn't see the material life as a downward spiral?.....from spirit birthed into the material we are having to to come into a much slower lower vaibration level............the object of the game being we have to find a way to do the reverse helter skelter..... Laughing he beatles were onto something must have been all the acid they dropped ahahaah
    avatar
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by Milarepa on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:12 pm

    yeah, they felt a person became a gidim, a ghost, and spent eternity in a terrible existence. Lovely, think i might join your ranks sharon!


    _________________
    "That which is able to save your body and soul is naohi given by God". Onisaburo Deguchi.
    avatar
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Member
    Member

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by Shakti ~ Rising on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:17 pm

    ahahaa!!!!

    but isn't that the promise that awaits all those who subscribe to particular religions then break the rules???

    'can any hell be more horrible than now and real'...J D Morrison
    avatar
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Member
    Member

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by Shakti ~ Rising on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:22 pm

    'Hell' is a wonderful concept created to utilise human fears.....
    avatar
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Member
    Member

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by Shakti ~ Rising on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:24 pm

    Ever rerad Life in Spirit by Harry Edarwds?........ a great British medium and healer......is a wonderful book @
    avatar
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Member
    Member

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by Shakti ~ Rising on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:25 pm

    oops definately the wrong smiley there!!ahahah
    avatar
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by chi_solas on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:02 pm

    Powerful conversation. powerful feelings.

    sunny when I got involved with Reiki it
    was introduced to me as non-religious. I
    do not teach it as a religion. I teach it
    as a healing tool. People will find their
    own way to integrate God/Goddess/Grandfather
    into their Reiki Practice. sunny

    avatar
    vijaybali
    Member
    Member

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by vijaybali on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:48 am

    dear Shakti ~ Rising,


    Imagine if your grandpa were around today , what a never ending fountain of spiritual knowledge and wisdom he would be.

    realy i miss him because he had great treasure of this true science even he has lot of sidhi but he never told anybody and everytime hide it. We knew because we lived togather.In ancient time when any body go to spiritual path he left home( or become saint) but he never favour of this he believe home is best place to do practise of spirituality . ( sorry you make me sentimental)



    I read a wonderful book called Ropes to God - discovering the african bushman spiritual universe.....in it it talks about certain practices which stimulate the kundalini to rise.......creating a ladder to heaven and to the ancestors...just as in ancient Indian cultures.....the same spiritual energies that reside in the human being were being stimulated for the same purposes, to develop the siddhi powers....., clairvoyance, telepathy, healing, mediumship etc..... the same work has been going on for thousands of years....just given different names.....
    this is truth..... because i have practical experience due to my grandpa.....


    friends not think i share this for appriciation for any religion or country just to show the depath of this path with my practical home experience and like you all get this and share to coming generation.

    Now days this is disappearing this reiki society which is doing working for real spirituality should go to see taste of other milestone, not fixup ownself upto healing and writting there is more which you cann't imagine i am writting because i am indian and other thing somebody in home who done alot.....

    main motive we should move more and more and more not fixup upto that point where our seniour left (dr. Usai) he showed the path not end so keep moving not see my example relate to my family see what more we can achieved in this small life that reason i give example of grandpa otherwise i have no need or not my grandpa he already achieved in his life..

    All you are capable of this only need idea which i put here.......

    sorry not mind

    i say whatever my soul said,

    thanks and regards
    vj
    avatar
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by Pandora on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:17 am

    Vijay, what a wonderful post again! You reach out over the miles and touch my soul. Blessings be upon you.
    avatar
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by chi_solas on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:57 am

    Vj, I never knew my grand parents
    you were blessed to have such a
    close connection/experience Smile

    avatar
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Member
    Member

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by Shakti ~ Rising on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:20 am

    vijaybali wrote:dear Shakti ~ Rising,


    Imagine if your grandpa were around today , what a never ending fountain of spiritual knowledge and wisdom he would be.

    realy i miss him because he had great treasure of this true science even he has lot of sidhi but he never told anybody and everytime hide it. We knew because we lived togather.In ancient time when any body go to spiritual path he left home( or become saint) but he never favour of this he believe home is best place to do practise of spirituality . ( sorry you make me sentimental)



    I read a wonderful book called Ropes to God - discovering the african bushman spiritual universe.....in it it talks about certain practices which stimulate the kundalini to rise.......creating a ladder to heaven and to the ancestors...just as in ancient Indian cultures.....the same spiritual energies that reside in the human being were being stimulated for the same purposes, to develop the siddhi powers....., clairvoyance, telepathy, healing, mediumship etc..... the same work has been going on for thousands of years....just given different names.....
    this is truth..... because i have practical experience due to my grandpa.....


    friends not think i share this for appriciation for any religion or country just to show the depath of this path with my practical home experience and like you all get this and share to coming generation.

    Now days this is disappearing this reiki society which is doing working for real spirituality should go to see taste of other milestone, not fixup ownself upto healing and writting there is more which you cann't imagine i am writting because i am indian and other thing somebody in home who done alot.....

    main motive we should move more and more and more not fixup upto that point where our seniour left (dr. Usai) he showed the path not end so keep moving not see my example relate to my family see what more we can achieved in this small life that reason i give example of grandpa otherwise i have no need or not my grandpa he already achieved in his life..

    All you are capable of this only need idea which i put here.......

    sorry not mind

    i say whatever my soul said,

    thanks and regards
    vj

    'he showed the path not the end' absolutely!! I love you

    I read an old article in an old kindred spirit mag while trying to find a specific article about 2010 (I haven't forgotten that thread wayne) anyway.....there was a lovely interview with a young girl who was a shaman from south america.......she talked about many of the wise shamans that she knows saying that often you could be sat next to one of these wise elders on a bus and not have a clue about it....becasue they are so humble they never talk about their spiritual aabilities or achievments..........just like your grandpa...........and what a wise sentiment 'home is the best place to practice spirituality'...a special man.....thank you for sharing I love you


    ~~~~~~
    and PS we ARE in the same book and on the same page today!! tongue I love you
    avatar
    vijaybali
    Member
    Member

    dr Usui

    Post by vijaybali on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:40 pm

    Hai friends
    all of you are very special soul that reason you are in reiki field and never bond any limitation keep move on, keep move on and one day your child also remember you like me or more than me for your real achievement of life that reason i put all this.

    I can only say thanks and regards for your love and blessing.


    vj
    avatar
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by Lambs-Wool on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:58 pm

    Reikijim wrote: I was surprised to read how close the association was between Shinto and Buddhism in Japan for a period of time, my memory fails me, but I believe the state split the two during the 1800`s if I`m not mistaken...


    indeed, and even today people have somehow adopted a 'cultural' mix of shinto and Bhuddism.. the ceremonies of funeal, for example, of Shinto people are done in the way Bhuddist suggest study

    [quote"Jim"]
    So for me the reality of the situation comes down to man`s initial discovery of spirit and his/her connection to it. Developing a personal limited understanding of the universe over thousands of years, practicing shamanism in various forms around the planet, and then along comes religion, it adopts some of the shamanic practices and attitudes, and then in some cases, as the religion evolved, it returned to it`s roots and attacked the shamanic foundations from which it was born...now that`s evolution for you... Question
    [/quote]

    not butting into these historical details, but this invariably reconfirms the fact that religion (this one or that one) has always a spiritual basis... people who feel offended with religion may change the bitterness to a little sweetness by including the spiritual aspect of religion into the big picutre Smile Basketball

    brightspark1
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by brightspark1 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:36 am

    Finding this discussion very interesting. Permit me to introduce a bit of humour - I visited Colerado a few years ago and met some Apache Indians. They introduced themselves as they had heard I was a healer. They had pigtails and had on their Indian costumes. I was fascinated by them and all they had to say. As usual I opened my big mouth without thinking and asked what they called healers and one smiled and said "Doctors". We all burst out laughing.
    avatar
    Reikijim
    Member
    Member

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by Reikijim on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:59 am

    Lambs-Wool wrote:
    not butting into these historical details, but this invariably reconfirms the fact that religion (this one or that one) has always a spiritual basis... people who feel offended with religion may change the bitterness to a little sweetness by including the spiritual aspect of religion into the big picutre Smile Basketball

    Hi Salman,

    I was just thinking about this very point the other day when i was pondering organnized religion.In all fairness religion can become a device of influence for those in power. It can be used as a catch all for personal/political justifacation when doing something of a questionable moral nature on a large scale. There are lots of politicians in the past whom have done questionable things in the name of this faith or that faith.
    I agree with you in that we must not forget the roots of religion and we must understand that religious power is as corruptable as the men who have influence over it. A religion is never at fault. The people who interpret and twist it`s meanings for their own gain...well...there we have it!

    Jim


    Last edited by Reikijim on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix quote)
    avatar
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by chi_solas on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:35 pm

    brightspark1 wrote: Finding this discussion very interesting. Permit me to introduce a bit of humour - I visited Colerado a few years ago and met some Apache Indians. They introduced themselves as they had heard I was a healer. They had pigtails and had on their Indian costumes. I was fascinated by them and all they had to say. As usual I opened my big mouth without thinking and asked what they called healers and one smiled and said "Doctors". We all burst out laughing.

    That's a good one.

    laughing is another healer


    Sponsored content

    Re: Before Dr Usui created the Reiki system what was available for self healing

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:11 pm