Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
Shakti ~ Rising
vijaybali
chi_solas
Milarepa
8 posters

Is it 'my' Reiki?

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Is it 'my' Reiki? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it 'my' Reiki?

Post by Milarepa Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:05 pm

thank God, cause i w sn't gonna reply to you incase i offended you since you been drinking, Laughing
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:16 am

cyclops

so many things been written since I last posted....( not the drunk post)

I find the use of the symbols a fascinating thing... I certainly don't feel like the symbols have been placed 'inside' me in anyway.... ( If a clairvoyant was to take a look inside my energy field I don't think she/he is gonna see 4 symbols embedded in there)...and quite frankly that thought appalls me...but their use in my attunement process was a beautiful awakening and opening of my heart....I think there will come a time in the future when the same spiritual awakenings and opening to healing will be possible without the use of these symbols, via attunements....will it still come under the label of Reiki even if the activations and openings are the same ?? I'm guessing many of you would think not.

So to get back to the symbols being 'needed'. yes for attunements, but not 'needed' after that for healing although of course many of us use them and some give them great reverence... I don't.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:28 am

During initiation, the symbols are placed within us. Not over us, to the side, etc, but within. A look at any common initiaton procedure shows this, Smile. It's not my belief, interpretation, point of view, it's reading plain english, Smile.
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:32 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:These experiences just reaffirm the fact that we don't 'need' the symbols to 'generate' Reiki...... Very Happy

We don't need to 'draw' the symbols to experience Reiki. that's much different to we don't need the symbols to generate Reiki, imo. It's very topic related, if we don't see something we tend to assume it's not happening. What goes on sub-consciously is a major working in Reiki. Smile.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:ever offered Reiki without using the symbols and compared yours and the recipients experience?

There's loads of variables in this though. Depending on the client, and even the practitioners perspective. where the practitioner is in their acceptance/perception/understanding holds great effect. Going from experience. I initially felt that i could at will easily switch the different 'frequencies' of the symbols during treatmment (it initially was spontaneous) then I was lead to beleive by my Reiki peers that the symbols were'nt needed. So as i went along my Reiki journey the symbols actually literally felt they were getting in the way of the Reiki! They were obstructing it. So i know what you mean.

Then as i went further along the path, i realised there's , more to the symbols than i thought. I was discounting many of the answers to Reiki by setting aside the symbols. that much of the history, instructions, and knowledge of reiki is in them. with this came a change in perception, and it's key to Reiki. Something you & I resonate with is that if folks feel they need protection (possibly gettign attacked) then they'll view their reality like that. what you personally helped me with by your example was letting me see that you know for a fact divinity in the form of Reiki is enough. And it's true. Once i changed my perception, my Reiki world changed also. greater understanding of the depth of the stuff in the symbols also lead to greater depth of my perception, and experience in Reiki.

there's a key point i think you're underlying. The symbols aren't 'needed'. If we need something, latch onto it, then that ultimately gets in the way of things. If we go beyond that, surrender our 'need' for the symbols, then we can experience them with no attachment, so that even descriptive words like 'vital' don't carry the initial meaning most might attribute to it. It's sublties in spirituality that we know are hard to write about, but have to be experienced, Smile

another interesting thing is that during my Reiki path i've felt the route of Reiki take 3 seperate ways. It used to be via the crown, it used to by from the Seika tanden, now it's from neither, hehe. This has coincided with my on-going understanding of Reiki. so perception dictates what we think is happening in Reiki.

Take care
    Wayne

The symbols acted as a catalyst to open up to Reiki, after the attunements we don't 'need' to draw the symbols..it is enough to say let the reiki flow..... and even then that isn't quite accurate, because we are always reiki, and it is always flowing......only within a healing context we are focused on allowing it to flow for the specific needs of another.... that said i do play with the symbols.....but Rarely draw them when healing......but I have had certain symbols appear to me whilst healing and have then gone on to draw that symbol in my minds eye....

I also went to a Reiki share once and got a big long symbol directed at me from the Reiki master holding the share ( saw this in my minds eye- we were topping and tailing a client at the time)
    I thought she was a bit cheeky directing this thing my way.....It wasn't a symbol I recognise fromUsui Reiki.....
    #
    I think I mentioined on another thread I think we all find our own way of working with the symbols in Reiki...my way is certainly one which is becoming less nd less attached...
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:36 am

Milarepa wrote:During initiation, the symbols are placed within us. Not over us, to the side, etc, but within. A look at any common initiaton procedure shows this, Smile. It's not my belief, interpretation, point of view, it's reading plain english, Smile.

eah I know that what everyone says....but do you believ that you now have the 'symbols' implanted into your subtle energy system that will be there for ever??

To me the symbols were like energetic keys to energetic locks......the 'placing' was more of fitting the correct key into the correct lock and opening hat gateway/door....This is my view..I have never done an attunement and have not been taught this.....but I certainly don't feel like anything has been energetically implanted.. Smile
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:37 am

More energetically opened.....
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:51 am

Bruce wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:Before you were even initiated, you had an expereince with the master symbol. Has this expereince/feeling ever been 'replicated' or similar post-initiation?

The pre-initiation experience was a rush of energy that was overwhelming for about 20 minutes. I haven't had similar experience with reiki energy since then. Previous and subsequent experiences with other energies have sometimes verged on overwhelming.

I'm thinking, if you had an experience pre-initiation it may be put down to a possible one-off, but if you have had similar expereinces/feelings post-initiation there might be the possibility of tieing all in together. It might lend weight (for me personally) that the symbols themselves have power.

I don't doubt that the symbols are linked to power. As for the nature of that link? I don't know. The rush of energy came after I read the master symbol. Previously, I'd seen it printed illegibly, and there wasn't any energy.

Bruce

where did you see the symbol?...where was it written, who was it written by and what was the senario surrounding the situation that day? it helps to get a bigger ... Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:57 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:

The symbols acted as a catalyst to open up to Reiki, after the attunements we don't 'need' to draw the symbols..it is enough to say let the reiki flow.....

The reason you saying 'let the Reiki flow' works is cause when you say it, sub-consciously the dormant symbols are activitated.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    and even then that isn't quite accurate, because we are always reiki, and it is always flowing......only within a healing context we are focused on allowing it to flow for the specific needs of another.... that said i do play with the symbols.....but Rarely draw them when healing......but I have had certain symbols appear to me whilst healing and have then gone on to draw that symbol in my minds eye....

Reiki as in the energy, is & isn't the symbols. In their own right, the symbols carry the power/ability for the permament connection. As well as mnany other things.

A reliance on the symbols is just as much missing the point with them, as discarding them is. Using the symbols, interactign with them, but not feelings it's required to, is the way to go, imo.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    I also went to a Reiki share once and got a big long symbol directed at me from the Reiki master holding the share ( saw this in my minds eye- we were topping and tailing a client at the time)
    I thought she was a bit cheeky directing this thing my way.....It wasn't a symbol I recognise fromUsui Reiki.....
    #
    I think I mentioined on another thread I think we all find our own way of working with the symbols in Reiki...my way is certainly one which is becoming less nd less attached...

Back to my previous point. non-attachment doesn';t mean abstaining. They're tow different things.

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:04 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:During initiation, the symbols are placed within us. Not over us, to the side, etc, but within. A look at any common initiaton procedure shows this, Smile. It's not my belief, interpretation, point of view, it's reading plain english, Smile.

eah I know that what everyone says....but do you believ that you now have the 'symbols' implanted into your subtle energy system that will be there for ever??

yes, Smile. Why is there the assumption that they disapear? Why should they not stay forever? It explains many things in Reiki.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    To me the symbols were like energetic keys to energetic locks......the 'placing' was more of fitting the correct key into the correct lock and opening hat gateway/door....This is my view..I have never done an attunement and have not been taught this.....but I certainly don't feel like anything has been energetically implanted.. Smile

Even if you learn the attunments most probably hav'nt a clue why they do them! Not many care to find out why they place this symbol here, or that symbol there. Since Reiki teachers hardly know anything about the Reiki initiations from the very word go, it's not suprising they can't see past the end of their nose wiht the logic 'only conscious action dictate Reiki'.

Not directing that at you, since you're not a teacher! BTw, any feelings on whe if efver you'd take the plunge?

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:20 am

[re. rush of energy from seeing the reiki master symbol, a few months before initiation into reiki]

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:where did you see the symbol?...where was it written, who was it written by and what was the senario surrounding the situation that day? it helps to get a bigger ... Smile

I saw the symbol in the book Reiki and the Healing Buddha (author Maureen Kelly) while browsing in a Borders bookstore. I read the characters in Chinese, and then was overwhelmed by a rush of golden light that jumped in through the top of my head, raced up and down a few times, and settled into my central nervous system. (After that, I thought I should start looking for a reiki teacher.)

Bruce
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:19 am

WoW! pret powerful stuff!!...even though the symbol was in Maureen's book, did you know who was the original writer of this symbol?
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:31 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:WoW! pret powerful stuff!!...even though the symbol was in Maureen's book, did you know who was the original writer of this symbol?

It was standard typeset. (It was like any hanzi that you would see in a regular book in China, or kanji that you would see in a regular book in Japan.) Does that answer the question you're raising? I'm not quite sure of what you're asking here.

Bruce
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:42 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:

The symbols acted as a catalyst to open up to Reiki, after the attunements we don't 'need' to draw the symbols..it is enough to say let the reiki flow.....

The reason you saying 'let the Reiki flow' works is cause when you say it, sub-consciously the dormant symbols are activitated.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    and even then that isn't quite accurate, because we are always reiki, and it is always flowing......only within a healing context we are focused on allowing it to flow for the specific needs of another.... that said i do play with the symbols.....but Rarely draw them when healing......but I have had certain symbols appear to me whilst healing and have then gone on to draw that symbol in my minds eye....

Reiki as in the energy, is & isn't the symbols. In their own right, the symbols carry the power/ability for the permament connection. As well as mnany other things.

A reliance on the symbols is just as much missing the point with them, as discarding them is. Using the symbols, interactign with them, but not feelings it's required to, is the way to go, imo.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    #

Back to my previous point. non-attachment doesn';t mean abstaining. They're tow different things.

Warmest wishes
    Wayne

yep no arguement from me there on your last point, Cool but I disagree with your first point.... I don't think symbols hidden in my energy centres, or where ever the heck they are meant to be.....are activated upon conscious or subconscious request...

for me at least , my Reiki attunements opened me up more to higher/deeper dimensions I already had access to.. I'd already been involved in healing for a few good years before I came across reiki..... my reiki attunements merely deepened my experience.... sometimes I just feel completely filled up in every cell of my being with this loving, healing, transformative force....and this isn't due to any subconsious or conscious request on my part....its just simply the way it is..It's like we are open to Reiki fields all the time...there is nothing dormant about it....Reiki is like Divine love to me....it's always there but now we can swim in it, bathe in it and be transformed by it.... I've had some prety powerful experiences on the spiritual front over the last 15 years or so....and each one of them simply expand upon the previous...

please don't misunderstand my thoughts regarding the symbols Wayne, there is clearly more to them than meets the eye, third an all..... I have meditated on the symbols and have played about with in all manner of ways you wouldn't believe!!

my latest play with them was at my tai chi class on wednesday.......again we did the standing meditation ( which is supposed to be good for me, but feels like slow torture!! ahahahah)and my arms ( not to mention my thighs) were absolutely killing me. holding them infront of my heart with my elbows outstreched......so I took it upon myself to prop my arms up with a coupl of CKR's ahaha I drew the symbols under my arms reaching from the floor with the flat line on top as arm rests...it worked great for a while then it all went to cock and the pain came back!
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:45 am

Bruce wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:WoW! pret powerful stuff!!...even though the symbol was in Maureen's book, did you know who was the original writer of this symbol?

It was standard typeset. (It was like any hanzi that you would see in a regular book in China, or kanji that you would see in a regular book in Japan.) Does that answer the question you're raising? I'm not quite sure of what you're asking here.

Bruce

yes that answers my question, what I was curious about was whether what you had seen was copied as in photograpic form ,frorm a symbol written by a deeply spiritually awakened personality....
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:58 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:

yes, Smile. Why is there the assumption that they disapear? Why should they not stay forever? It explains many things in Reiki.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:

Even if you learn the attunments most probably hav'nt a clue why they do them! Not many care to find out why they place this symbol here, or that symbol there. Since Reiki teachers hardly know anything about the Reiki initiations from the very word go, it's not suprising they can't see past the end of their nose wiht the logic 'only conscious action dictate Reiki'.

Not directing that at you, since you're not a teacher! BTw, any feelings on whe if efver you'd take the plunge?

Warmest wishes
    Wayne

I think it is appalling that any teacher wouldn't want to know why they 'place' symbols where they do....this would bother me greatly.. I don't exactly like the idea of messing with anyones energy field anyway........and to do it consciously and not know the hows and whys and wheres of what you are doing is madness to me..

that aside, I just haven't come across the right person to take me to that level yet....I love my reiki master and have great respect for her, but I know that even she isn't the right person for me for that level.....I guess it will be one of those.......'when the student is ready 'things....I don't know, but to be in a postion to open up people to the Reiki fields... ( this is my new expression ahahah) is a huge responsibility and a great gift......i would want to be taught how to do that in the best way, the thought has been out there for a few years from me now.....when it hits the appropriate teacher, it'll resonate back.... Very Happy I'm in no rush alien
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:01 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    Bruce wrote:

Bruce

yes that answers my question, what I was curious about was whether what you had seen was copied as in photograpic form ,frorm a symbol written by a deeply spiritually awakened personality....

Ah, I see. No, it was the mass-market version. But that's probably why I was able to read it; heh, heh.

Bruce
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:24 am

fair enough jocolor heck of an experience though.....!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:43 am

Hi Sharon,
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    but I disagree with your first point.... I don't think symbols hidden in my energy centres, or where ever the heck they are meant to be.....are activated upon conscious or subconscious request...

for me at least , my Reiki attunements opened me up more to higher/deeper dimensions I already had access to.. I'd already been involved in healing for a few good years before I came across reiki..... my reiki attunements merely deepened my experience.... sometimes I just feel completely filled up in every cell of my being with this loving, healing, transformative force....and this isn't due to any subconsious or conscious request on my part....its just simply the way it is..It's like we are open to Reiki fields all the time...there is nothing dormant about it....Reiki is like Divine love to me....it's always there but now we can swim in it, bathe in it and be transformed by it.... I've had some prety powerful experiences on the spiritual front over the last 15 years or so....and each one of them simply expand upon the previous...

I'm trying to get the words to put this across without it seeming flippant, cause it's not. Ok, i've got a freindly smile on my face, providing a point... Smile ...

Cause you don't see the symbols activated, cause you don't know they're activated sub-consciously (else it's not sub-conscious), and cause you've not recieved Master initiation not to mention chose to study the process more in-depth, of course i see why you say this. I did too, and my words dont' and shouldn't be accepted, folks should go look themselves (whenever they're ready), and see if this asshole writing this is wrong Smile .

'What Reiki is' is interesting in itself, (didn't someone ask that here once, hehe). In spiritual empowerments, where there's a lineage, what's passed on can be said to be something 'all encompassing' but not. It's flavoured by the person passing it on. So, we trace our lineage back to where it all began, and it's flavoured with all those peoples expereince/ability, right to Usui sensei. And it's his expereince/understanding/ability of the divine that we recieve.

For it to be solely between myself & God, i gotta have an independant experience, free from a platform such as Usui Reiki. I know a lot of folks are maybe gonna get up in arms bout that, but it's how spiritual empowerments work, imo.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    my latest play with them was at my tai chi class on wednesday.......again we did the standing meditation ( which is supposed to be good for me, but feels like slow torture!! ahahahah)and my arms ( not to mention my thighs) were absolutely killing me. holding them infront of my heart with my elbows outstreched......so I took it upon myself to prop my arms up with a coupl of CKR's ahaha I drew the symbols under my arms reaching from the floor with the flat line on top as arm rests...it worked great for a while then it all went to cock and the pain came back!

Trying new things, you're following in great footsteps. Usui sensei took different things, and amalgamated them into Usui Reiki.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:01 am

Wayne, my master 'initiation' was in two parts I took the first part in which I received the master symbol......the second part was about passing on the attunements to others...

I respect your views and what you say, and your views may be echoed by everyone in the reiki community...but they are not my views... please stop trying to make me accept that you are correct! ahahah..I'm smiling too....but as I have said Wayne, i've done a fair bit of meditating on the symbols.... and i in no way think the way you do about them....lets just agree to have differentr views on this one, afterall we are all on our own individual journeys of discovery ..... Very Happy

and neither do I agree that the symbols provide us with 'usui's experience, undewrstanding, ability of the divine we receive'...... if that was the case then every single recipient of a usui reiki attunement would experience the exact same thing..... and we all know that most defibately isn't the case... I hold great respect for my lineages... ( I have two)... which both are traced back to usui... and there are times when I see us all connected via a thread of light which pierces us at the heart....I have 'seen' usui himself during a healig session...and was showered with some kinda celestial seed!! ahahah....I mentioned this on the old boards...... so please don't misunderstand my reverent connection to usui and my lineage........ but I just have a very different perspectiv on the symbols than you.....which is allowed you know! tongue
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:28 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:Wayne, my master 'initiation' was in two parts I took the first part in which I received the master symbol......the second part was about passing on the attunements to others...

yeah, i know how it works, i had too. Recieving an attunment with the Usui Master symbol doesn't tell the student the in-depth concepts of a spiritual empowerment. heck as you & i've already explored, most Master training doesn't either.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    I respect your views and what you say, and your views may be echoed by everyone in the reiki community...but they are not my views... please stop trying to make me accept that you are correct! ahahah..I'm smiling too....but as I have said Wayne, i've done a fair bit of meditating on the symbols.... and i in no way think the way you do about them....lets just agree to have differentr views on this one, afterall we are all on our own individual journeys of discovery ..... Very Happy

My views aren't echoed by everyone, if they were they answers would be more easy, Smile.

I guess i was trying to get you to accept my views last post when i said..

"and my words dont' and shouldn't be accepted, folks should go look themselves (whenever they're ready), and see if this asshole writing this is wrong Smile . "

If someone tells us something and it's totally the opposite of our beliefs, if we decide to hold firmly to the ones we have, and disregard the oppposite information, we do ourselves a diservice. It happened to me before, and when i studied myself it was more about my ego. why else did i hold onto beliefs without investigating possible new avenues.

I know this for a fact cause it's happened to me often, particularly on Reiki4all. I remember my demonic possesion. Some took alternate views to my experience. Heck i was bloddy well there when it happened! They weren't! How the heck could they tell me protection wasn't needed in Reiki! My whole family was affected that weekend of activity! Still, there was one woman, whom i actually used to lock horns with regular there. She kept saying all she needed was Reiki. This was total crap! So i decided to go investigate this, and trust in the opposite words of a forum 'opposite'. Well, we both know she was right, we both know who it is, we both know i've never had a problem admitting i was wrong and publicly thanking her.

So maybe we can both see now that all of us don't know everything, that we can all bring something to the table, and that there's more growth through the sharing with friends and being open to see if there's anything in what they say.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    and neither do I agree that the symbols provide us with 'usui's experience, undewrstanding, ability of the divine we receive'...... if that was the case then every single recipient of a usui reiki attunement would experience the exact same thing..... and we all know that most defibately isn't the case...

I've already explained why this happens, Smile. The Reiki experience is flavoured by every single person in our lineage. From Usui sensei onwards, each teacher in your lineage had in a part their own spiritual stamp on the collective experience being passed down. This is why there's a difference, but sometimes not so much in the same lineage.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    but I just have a very different perspectiv on the symbols than you.....which is allowed you know! tongue

I've never said and never implied my own views on the symbols or anything else in Reiki is the only way to be. I've only had an issue with tieing in practices using Usui sensei's name. I've only ever hoped folks go check out whatever anyone was saying on here before disregarding it, though that can take time. It did for me taking your advice, Smile.

If i wanted my own views i'd have started a blog. In-built to this forum is a one-click system where the forum automatically turns into a blog. The forum's kept as an open forum not cause i have to, but cause i want to. You can be sure as heck i want as many alternate views as possible on here. It's also why i have my quote about Hinduism on my forum profile, Smile, so i wouldn't feel the need to re-clarify my intentions for ever posting on here, hehe. I can see i've made myself still feel the need!

Kinda interesting, without naming exactly who, i get emails from a certain Reiki forum group. I'm calling it a forum in the loosest possible way. The woman in charge does'nt allow any dis-information on it. That is, information she views as wrong. The website has over 1500 members, if that's what it takes to make a forum so popular i guess we'll always be exclusive then.

This comment isn't about you, but a general thought..

There's no chance of growth without an open mind, and comfortability of being wrong in a view. This is were forums can go wrong. If it's all about one person being right, it's all ego. RLL is about sharing views. We share views cause none of us know it all, every day we share our views we learn. The more the views are different than our own, the better. The idea of the forum was to have a comfortable place where we can run off ideas/concepts at one another. They never need to be accepted there & then, but it's always been my hope that folks will go check it out, then when they've explored the views, trust their own more educated judgment. Then if the chat comes up again, that person could give us an even more educated perspective. We all have a better chance of learning even more then. I can't see the point in having a forum any other way.

heck, 1500 other members must disagree!

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:05 am

Milarepa wrote:
    So maybe we can both see now that all of us don't know everything, that we can all bring something to the table, and that there's more growth through the sharing with friends and being open to see if there's anything in what they say.

and if i bring my two cents up the table, i have to say that you two guys seem so sweet with horns locked like this.... Smile

the notion of 'i know' is not at all bad, and not necessarily it is all about ego all the time, rather it is the token of our individualistic presence amid the universal float of collective consciousness... so when i say 'i know' i m reaffirming my presence as a tiny drop in this unfathomable ocean of knowledge... negligible, when compared to the ocean itself, but quite the opposite, a basic ingredient of the ocean itself, when the composition is anaylyzed on the anatomy table Smile

that symbols 'cannot' be placed in the auric or energy centers, and that symbols 'do' stand there... is all the figment of our material thinking, which we, unfortunately, have to resort to all the time as long as we intend to stay in the present realm called 'homo sapiens'

when we talk about symbols and about reiki, can't we borrow a mind that could help us to see the picture from sitting outside it... ? no, we cannot! since, the moment we defy the boundaries of our picture, that composes our presence, we defy many other things.... and only then, we might aptly say that symbols are neither placed within our auric shell, and nor they are placed otherwise, since they do something quite beyond the relative phenomenomenal meaningfulness of our material thinking....

a sidenote Wayne, beliving "too much" that symbols are placed within us, might lead us to take one picture all the time that yes they are placed us 'inside' us... (it is a fallacy we read into as some 'suggestive syndrome') Smile why not let yourself feel free from the feeling, or any feeling about their 'presence', and just take them without physical annexure... i would do this, if it were upto me, at least Smile

(over to you guys again, as i was greatly enjoying your chat Smile )

take care

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:10 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:

a sidenote Wayne, beliving "too much" that symbols are placed within us, might lead us to take one picture all the time that yes they are placed us 'inside' us... (it is a fallacy we read into as some 'suggestive syndrome') Smile why not let yourself feel free from the feeling, or any feeling about their 'presence', and just take them without physical annexure... i would do this, if it were upto me, at least Smile

You're talking specifically to me, so my comment is about me, not what anyone else should do.

I know what you're saying. I've said it on here often about the route Reiki takes, and how it's changed three times in total for me. This is suggestive syndrome, it's why i've kept mentioning the route for months. although, everything can't be put down to suggestive syndrome. If it was, even suggestive syndrome would be suggestive, invalidating itself, lmao! I tirelessly also keep saying that perception is all in Reiki. That perception dictates the Reiki experience to a large extent. I know full well about the effects of being suggestive, Smile.

This is why it's vitally important for a person to see a very differnet view to the one they hold. If they go investigate, they'll either be looking at the info to discredit it, or look at it neutral, with an open mind. Less chance of being suggestive, but they gotta go down the path themselves, come to their own conclusions. It's a big reason (imo) why the folks who've discovered so much don't be so open, such as on forums, cause most invalidate the info without even checking.

I came from a position of not believing they were inside me, to a place of knowing a slight bit more about them. Just a slight bit now, Smile. I'm not gonna disregard literal years of personal study on this one subject to go back to the way things were, i havn't finished what i'm doing yet . If i'm to discover as much as possible, i gotta look at everything. Unless there's a heck of a good reason! No offence, Smile
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:19 am

points well taken Smile offense none taken Smile !

it is particularly true, and is well observed, that the more people keep on discovering, the more they find it a 'waste of time' to share what they've found...let the reasons be justified by them, but i dont find this with you ever... Smile

you used the word 'tirelessly' somewhere, and i second that you have no doubt done your part quite tirelessly...

i literally enjoyed the trail you built on 'suggestive syndrome' Smile yes, all is not suggestive! Smile

Wayne i didnt mean to disregard or disrespect the things you've found after puttin in tons of hours of study, experience and dedication... i was just tyring to be inlcuded in the process of thought Smile

i know i dont spare as much time, dedication, and attention to research as it is warranted sometime, and i do admit i have a wagging tounge sometimes, but at least one thing i guarantee, that when i say onboard something, i m most definitely feeling that first on all my levels of personal perception, how limited that maybe Smile !

and, do you agree that sometimes our words that we speak out publicly, are just meant by us for ourselves exclusively, and mostly as a means of reaffirmation of what we are bit shaky about Smile

no offense bro, you dont take either !

take care

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:33 am

I know you'd never disrespect anyone salman. whether you disregard anything is you're right, Smile.

re: reaffirmation of shaky things. i've found when i do get into serious debate with another, i've had to go check out what they say as well as what i say, granted the research is only pretty short, sometimes maybe hours, but it'll either reafirm what i knew, or else not. So i'd adjust my stance on that. Every single time i post something un-popular, i'm testing my own view. Cause i know folks won't agree, so when they tell me alternate points i go research that. If i've already been down that road, i might give it another cursory check (unless i'm told a specific new point), if it's a totally new road i'll go check for longer, and i usually revisit all my topics for weeks, and some for months. Heavy debates on here i still revist from way back last year, re-read all the posts, go check the info as much as i can, see if i'm missing any of the others points. It's the only way i can truely learn, and that's being true to myself.

Salman, it's always good to have your love, freindship, and warmth in topics, Smile. you've never a need to explain why you get involved, you're too valuable here to need to do that!
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:47 pm

Wayne wrote:I know you'd never disrespect anyone salman. whether you disregard anything is you're right, Smile.

thanks for the confidence Wayne Smile

Wayne wrote:

re: reaffirmation of shaky things. i've found when i do get into serious debate with another, i've had to go check out what they say as well as what i say, granted the research is only pretty short, sometimes maybe hours, but it'll either reafirm what i knew, or else not. So i'd adjust my stance on that.

thats works out for sure ! Smile although, i have a problem, rather short-coming... whenever i come across people saying something, i sometimes try to comment off-hand, which is not suitable... but this is more due to my compassion, rather than due to any act of show off... but i have started coming over this aspect of my nature a lil bit Smile 'think before you speak' sorta thing !

Wayne wrote:

Every single time i post something un-popular, i'm testing my own view.

while learning rests in learning what people have said, it also goes miles long in learning how we take up what people have said...

you've been disucssing the 'long-established' concepts (and myths) of reiki since the reiki-4-all times, and i have seen how daringly you have had good chats with elders out there... sure, this adds to our learning!

further, unless we exhibit what we feel, how would we know that we were wrong Smile!

Wayne wrote:
    .......and i usually revisit all my topics for weeks, and some for months. Heavy debates on here i still revist from way back last year, re-read all the posts, go check the info as much as i can, see if i'm missing any of the others points. It's the only way i can truely learn, and that's being true to myself.

thats what many people might miss... infact i had been too untill quite recently indeed... when we post things in a discussion we are not posting our views but sometiems 'reacting' to other people's views too, whether we know or not that we've been 'reacting'... when, after a time, the dust is down, we clearly come to know what were the real domains of the things we were arguing upon...

learning, of course, is not completed unless we give a honest revision to what we have heard from people onboard Smile

Wayne wrote:
    Salman, it's always good to have your love, freindship, and warmth in topics, Smile.

thanks, real thanks Wayne, these words are like a certificate from my worthy teacher ! Smile

take care

salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:01 am