Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+6
Shakti ~ Rising
vijaybali
AlienProgeny
Milarepa
chi_solas
rzukic
10 posters

Reiki and Atheism?

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Reiki and Atheism? - Page 2 Empty Re: Reiki and Atheism?

Post by Colin Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:32 am

Milarepa wrote:Anatomically, the pineal gland is the boss of the endocrine system, in which all things are governed, including desires. Rene Descartes also regarded it as the seat of the soul. Where the mind & body met.

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Err..I always thought that the pituitary gland was the "master", "conductor" or "boss" of the endocrine system? scratch

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/courses/bio105/endocrin.htm
    study
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:47 am

The pineal gland is what could be decribed as the 'off' switch in the system. It regulates the other endocrine organs through it's release of melantonin. The words 'boss', 'master', etc, isn't important in what i was tying to get across, Smile.
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:23 am

I think you're getting your endocrine glands a bit mixed up wayne....the pituitary gland along with the hypothalamus is considered to be the 'master' gland...

The pineal gland is Light sensitive and some people such as descartes consider it to be the 'seat of the soul'...it regulates the release of melatonin and seratonin.....and according to the book DMT the Spirit Molecule, it is also responsible for the production and release of DMT....which is a powerful 'mind expander'

scientists don't actually know a great deal about the pineal gland....but for centuries it has been the gland ascotiated with the 'third eye' or 'inner eye'...and perhaps this very reason is beacause it has the ability to produce DMT ??

perhaps by meditating on this point ( the third eye) we are able to physiologically produce more DMT which allows us to 'see' beyond our normal perceptions....??

each of the seven major chakras relate to an endocrine gland...this isn't just coincindence...we all know that hormones dictate the way we feel, act and react to things...so by meditating on the different chakras we are not only working on the subtle energy levels , but these centres also create physiological responses ( by releasing hormones) which quite literally help bring balance and harmony to our whole being.....
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:32 am

and please don't misunderstand me salman and wayne....Religion without all the dogma may have its place somewhere in our society...but all religion is man made...and not one religion has the monopoly on god, 'god' has no religion.... some religious folks are deeply spiritual people who see the common threads between all relgions..and look for the similarities rather than the differences.....but most religions create imbalances and disharmony on so many levels... but if it helps give people some kind of path to follow which serves their spiritual needs then so be it......but I'm kind of anti-religion myself...
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:34 am

Colin wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:okay I'm a bit drunk and I;m far too lazy right now to read all the posts properly......

but I completely agree with the idea that relisious and spiritual are two completely different things....

Sorry for being slight off topic but I've just got to say that it made me laugh out loud when I saw you write that bit of drunk-speak "relisious"! lol!

Sorry...carry on! silent

I've really gotta stop turning on the computer when I'm drinking!! ahaha
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:39 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:well Sharon the way we see religions today is not the way they have been crafted originally.... Practice of a religion is not limited to the extent of ceremonised rituals only... Practice of a religion is also not contained in cross-religion intolerance, violence, or over-preachy attitude of clergy or religious lords... Religion talks directly to our inner self, and the buliding of nations, sects, groups is always an outward picture, sometimes totally veiling what is going inside us through a religion....

Practically speaking, what we observe around us, religions separate while spirituality, akin to universal love, unites us, but does this form sufficient ground to discard whatever good is contained in a religion ?

Totally discarding a religion on the ground that it has failed in seeking its objective, might be a step that may need further thoughts Smile

Take care

Salman

but why subscribe to a religion anyway?..why not take those elements from all the religions that hold deep meaning for yourself and create your OWN way that does not fall under the banner of religion?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:04 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:I think you're getting your endocrine glands a bit mixed up wayne....the pituitary gland along with the hypothalamus is considered to be the 'master' gland...

I'm not, Smile. I never said it was the 'master' i said it was the boss. and it is, it regulates the others.

Just cause some quick googling brings up some commonly believed assertions about something, doesn't mean there's no other information available.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:and please don't misunderstand me salman and wayne....Religion without all the dogma may have its place somewhere in our society...but all religion is man made...and not one religion has the monopoly on god, 'god' has no religion.... some religious folks are deeply spiritual people who see the common threads between all relgions..and look for the similarities rather than the differences.....but most religions create imbalances and disharmony on so many levels... but if it helps give people some kind of path to follow which serves their spiritual needs then so be it......but I'm kind of anti-religion myself...

tolerance, acceptance of anothers path, and respect for that, not to mention a willingness to see past our own judgements are all signposts of spirituality.

Here's an example. A person who caused a fair of bit of hassle for my family, moved into a new home. I had something that could have helped them, so i gave it to them for free (it was quite expensive). My partner (who isn't spiritual at all) said why would i give this person that, after all that's happened. I told her, that person may not appreciate that gift, may think i'm an asshole for doing this, but that's not important. what's important before God is that i saw past my own judgements, worked through my own pain, and selflessly done something pure. This is learning spiritual lessons from earthly crap...

so we can watch all this shit on the news about this religion that religion, we can have folks trying to kill others in the name of religion (like happened to me), or even kill others, and we can join in the labelling, and negative ripples and help it grow. Or, we can place a halt on that, and change the dynamic to one of love, acceptance, tolerance, and unity. It's pretty powerful, particularly when we have actual reasons for our negative stance but decide to work through that.

I've a pretty decent realtionship with 'a' God. For me, that God couldn't care less with my politics of religion or no religion. God is more interested in what way i conduct myself, and approach my personal trials, judgements, and challenges. It's important to go beyond my own feelings. They'd be biased anyhow, but if i can go beyond them, and have a state of neutrality or love, then i've made spiritual progress a little bit more. This is only my personal ideas on spirituality & philosophy, it prob makes no sense to anyone else, Smile.

warmest wishes
    Wayne

P.S. Has your hubby a hangover after the match last night?
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:58 pm

Dear Sharon and Wayne Smile

thanks for your nourishing thoughts buddies!

my personal views on religion may disagree with you guys here... (always a good point to start Wink )

i feel that any religion, may it be man-made or god-made, gives its fruits when applied thoroughly, completely, and in one coherent whole... religion is not something we would / or should apply in patches... taking something from this, something from that, and then trying to complete the picture.... this approach, is what i find less prefereable than a simple way of subscribing to any one religion completely...

whoever crafted a religion, must be supposed to be having a broader, deeper, and more all-embracing vision than we ourselves can have... we can say that no religion has monoply over god, but this might not be equal that god has to be shared among religions... every religion prescribes a complete set of processes for accessing god....

while the attitude of shopping around for picking the best things out of all religions might be a good acadamic study, i have personally some reservations if we take this technique in designing our 'path'... are we preferring this path since it suits to our own ways, over the established paths, however man-made' that have a bigger and better universal appeal ?

my practice is that when i study different religions, and find interesting or appleaing practices within them, i try to find what corresponding thing my religion advises me to do... sometimes i find, sometimes i have to wait for next try... but usually i come up with something equally beneficial from my religion too....

and finally the question : do we have to subscribe a religion ? Smile

my personal view is that yes, and only 'one' at a time Smile

take care

salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:11 pm

not exactly partaking reiki to be in the stream of religions, but i was wondering that the way we have 'add-ons', new styles, etc within reiki today, is a result of our attitude to blend our preferences on the top of a system, that was supposed to be 'complete' in itself already ?

just thinking Smile
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:01 pm

Milarepa wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:I think you're getting your endocrine glands a bit mixed up wayne....the pituitary gland along with the hypothalamus is considered to be the 'master' gland...

I'm not, Smile. I never said it was the 'master' i said it was the boss. and it is, it regulates the others.

Just cause some quick googling brings up some commonly believed assertions about something, doesn't mean there's no other information available.

Brother Wayne, I'm shocked!! ( some quick googling) that is quite a patronsing stance!!...how about information being found after study and research for an anatomy and physiology course!! and any anaotomy and physiology course will tell you it is the pituitary gland along with the hypothalamus that is the 'master' gland which is responsible for regulating all the other glands...

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:and please don't misunderstand me salman and wayne....Religion without all the dogma may have its place somewhere in our society...but all religion is man made...and not one religion has the monopoly on god, 'god' has no religion.... some religious folks are deeply spiritual people who see the common threads between all relgions..and look for the similarities rather than the differences.....but most religions create imbalances and disharmony on so many levels... but if it helps give people some kind of path to follow which serves their spiritual needs then so be it......but I'm kind of anti-religion myself...

tolerance, acceptance of anothers path, and respect for that, not to mention a willingness to see past our own judgements are all signposts of spirituality.

Here's an example. A person who caused a fair of bit of hassle for my family, moved into a new home. I had something that could have helped them, so i gave it to them for free (it was quite expensive). My partner (who isn't spiritual at all) said why would i give this person that, after all that's happened. I told her, that person may not appreciate that gift, may think i'm an asshole for doing this, but that's not important. what's important before God is that i saw past my own judgements, worked through my own pain, and selflessly done something pure. This is learning spiritual lessons from earthly crap...
    ~

Aaaah, but wayne reading between the lines there, one might suggest you did it because you felt it was the right thing to do before the eyes of god, so infact that very act may be deemed quite selfish and unpure, as you did it not because you had genuinely overcome your issues with this person, but you did it because you thought in the grand scheme of things it was the right thing to do...??

there is a huge difference between being seen to do the 'right' thing and actually doing the right thing naturally..... so many un-altruistic acts of chairty and forgiveness are done under the guise of altruisim...

~
    so we can watch all this shit on the news about this religion that religion, we can have folks trying to kill others in the name of religion (like happened to me), or even kill others, and we can join in the labelling, and negative ripples and help it grow. Or, we can place a halt on that, and change the dynamic to one of love, acceptance, tolerance, and unity. It's pretty powerful, particularly when we have actual reasons for our negative stance but decide to work through that.

I've a pretty decent realtionship with 'a' God. For me, that God couldn't care less with my politics of religion or no religion. God is more interested in what way i conduct myself, and approach my personal trials, judgements, and challenges. It's important to go beyond my own feelings. They'd be biased anyhow, but if i can go beyond them, and have a state of neutrality or love, then i've made spiritual progress a little bit more. This is only my personal ideas on spirituality & philosophy, it prob makes no sense to anyone else, Smile.

~

I understand what you are saying, but I don't agree with it..it isn't my way....

~
    warmest wishes
    Wayne

P.S. Has your hubby a hangover after the match last night?

his was much worse !!!! Laughing
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:Dear Sharon and Wayne Smile

thanks for your nourishing thoughts buddies!

my personal views on religion may disagree with you guys here... (always a good point to start Wink )

i feel that any religion, may it be man-made or god-made, gives its fruits when applied thoroughly, completely, and in one coherent whole... religion is not something we would / or should apply in patches... taking something from this, something from that, and then trying to complete the picture.... this approach, is what i find less prefereable than a simple way of subscribing to any one religion completely...

whoever crafted a religion, must be supposed to be having a broader, deeper, and more all-embracing vision than we ourselves can have... we can say that no religion has monoply over god, but this might not be equal that god has to be shared among religions... every religion prescribes a complete set of processes for accessing god....

while the attitude of shopping around for picking the best things out of all religions might be a good acadamic study, i have personally some reservations if we take this technique in designing our 'path'... are we preferring this path since it suits to our own ways, over the established paths, however man-made' that have a bigger and better universal appeal ?

my practice is that when i study different religions, and find interesting or appleaing practices within them, i try to find what corresponding thing my religion advises me to do... sometimes i find, sometimes i have to wait for next try... but usually i come up with something equally beneficial from my religion too....

and finally the question : do we have to subscribe a religion ? Smile

my personal view is that yes, and only 'one' at a time Smile

take care

salman

but whay do you feel you HAVE to subscribe to a religion? and why one at a time? I would suggest to you that this belief is part of your social and environmental conditioning....

if it isn't, then why do you feel this way?
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:57 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:not exactly partaking reiki to be in the stream of religions, but i was wondering that the way we have 'add-ons', new styles, etc within reiki today, is a result of our attitude to blend our preferences on the top of a system, that was supposed to be 'complete' in itself already ?

just thinking Smile

its an interesting question, perhaps the add ons came as a result of trying to fill in the gaps in knowledge? as there seems to be lots of unknowns within Reiki..

Perhaps this is why people choose to look at the various spiritual practices within other religions and traditions? as a way to fill in the huge gaps in knowledge and understanding within the system they were raised with and conditioned to.. I love the practices within so any traditions and each one of them bring their own understandings and realisations.... at the end of the day, the path of Life is one of discovery, and under the surface of that life path is the spiritual path which is one of SELF-discovery... we are all on these paths whether we believe in a god and spiritual realities or not...

so much beauty and wisdom exists within spiritual traditions from around the globe..why deprive yourself of the tools from each and every tradition which may help you on the quest of self discovery?... We have access to so much information now adays, and so much of the information and practices that were only ever part of the mystery schools back in the day....much of this information is now widely available, this is happening for a reason, because we are not meant to be blinkered and binded by one set of practices and rules, ( one religion) but be open to and have access to any and all information available.....we are meant to become empowered and liberated by knowledge, wisdom and understanding that exists globally..

Freedom is calling us.....but not everyone chooses to hear it...

~~

hehe sorry I get on one a bit...as I said elsewhere, I'm kinda ant-religion...
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:59 pm

ant-religion, did you come across that backpacking in termite city? Hehe, Smile
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:01 am

OOps I messed the quote thing up earlier, I'm sure can can figure out my posts wayne...
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:05 am

Milarepa wrote:ant-religion, did you come across that backpacking in termite city? Hehe, Smile

I don't press the keys hard enough Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:15 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:

Brother Wayne, I'm shocked!! ( some quick googling) that is quite a patronsing stance!!...how about information being found after study and research for an anatomy and physiology course!! and any anaotomy and physiology course will tell you it is the pituitary gland along with the hypothalamus that is the 'master' gland which is responsible for regulating all the other glands...

It wasn't a dig at you at all sharon, please don't think that. Ther'es other information besides common perceptions, Smile.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    Aaaah, but wayne reading between the lines there, one might suggest you did it because you felt it was the right thing to do before the eyes of god, so infact that very act may be deemed quite selfish and unpure, as you did it not because you had genuinely overcome your issues with this person, but you did it because you thought in the grand scheme of things it was the right thing to do...??

there is a huge difference between being seen to do the 'right' thing and actually doing the right thing naturally..... so many un-altruistic acts of chairty and forgiveness are done under the guise of altruisim...

Yeah, a cynic might view my actions like that, that's cool. I'd wish they'd look for the purity in things, and not the negative though, hehe.

Anyhow, is there something wrong with wanting to do what God would appreciate? I've no need to be politically correct, the mainstream spiritual 'elite' can kiss my backside, hehe, i can say i heal, i can say i get a good feeling out of helping others also. I got no hang ups really, except for folks using Usui sensei's name, lmao!

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    his was much worse !!!! Laughing

Ya know, i've been up since 3am trying to save 160 gig hard drive of spiritual material, took my years to gather. the hard drive failed, i lost everything, lmao. I'm gonna have a jack daniels, coke & ice. To celebrate the universe suddenely simplifying my life!

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:23 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:

but whay do you feel you HAVE to subscribe to a religion? and why one at a time? I would suggest to you that this belief is part of your social and environmental conditioning....

if it isn't, then why do you feel this way?

sure, everyone's thinking is deep rooted withing the socio-cultural and other surroundings within which one has brought up, me no exception Smile

as a gesture of free will, sure we dont have to subscribe to any religion, and even God does not make 'incumbent' or 'mandatory' that we should be picking up some religion..

but many people (of course else many excluded Smile ) don't view the subscribing to some religion as an 'add-on', rather they take it as integral to their identity and existence, and me included in them Smile

so as long as subscribing a religion, as per your post, should not be seen as something we 'have to', this granted, and eqally saying the history of subscribing to a religion is as old as we know of history times immemorial...

perhaps, that human race might not be at 'absolute' error who practiced religion in all the history predated today Smile

this neither you, nor me can decide, but for ourselves only!

take care

salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:39 am

Milarepa wrote: To celebrate the universe suddenely simplifying my life!

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Wayne ! thats a million dollar thought buddy!

but dont make it a habit Idea Smile

take care
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:43 am

yeah, thnaks buddy. i've a bottle of jack daniels sitting in the cupboard from way before christmas. i'd two glasses at christmas. i've to take a kids then adults self defence class on sat morning, so i need to stay frssh for my training, so no fear of risking that!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:47 am

Milarepa wrote:yeah, thnaks buddy. i've a bottle of jack daniels sitting in the cupboard from way before christmas. i'd two glasses at christmas. i've to take a kids then adults self defence class on sat morning, so i need to stay frssh for my training, so no fear of risking that!

Is Jack Daniels a religion affraid
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:55 am

prob to some! lol!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:13 am

Shakti ~ Rising. I never thought
    that I would ever be alienated
    from my religion. Once removed
    I can see clearer now and looking
    back how stifled I was to be
    following the Faithful and always
    defending all that they represented
    even when I did not understand. confused

I know I grew up in a setting different
    from many, having a government that
    oppressed its people. Religon was a safe
    haven disguised in all its Holy trappings.
    You have to live it to understand it. rabbit
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:03 am

Milarepa wrote:yeah, thnaks buddy. i've a bottle of jack daniels sitting in the cupboard from way before christmas. i'd two glasses at christmas. i've to take a kids then adults self defence class on sat morning, so i need to stay frssh for my training, so no fear of risking that!

Hay Wayne,

I can help you with Jack Daniels as for self defense I am sorry brother I stopped teaching classes Laughing

Regards,

Resko
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi Resko, i ended up having about 4 in the end, hehe. That's my quota for another 6 months!
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:37 pm

I'm still pro ale and anti-religion Very Happy

thanks for your response Salman and Bridget..

I never will understand why people feel the need to be part of a tribe and be defined by that tribe.....people define themselves by so many labels these days...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:49 pm