Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

A thirst for history

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

A thirst for history Empty A thirst for history

Post by Milarepa Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:14 am

For the last couple of decades, some Reiki folks have been actively seeking out Reiki's history, whilst many others have eagerly been devouring the results and passing it along further.

Meiko Mitsui could be said to be the first amongst us to do this. Widely available on the internet is an article said to be about this very trip. The article purports to be from the 'Reiki Journal', a magazine from the 'American Reiki Association' (founded by Barbera Ray & Hawayo Takata). Thanks to research by James Deacon, we now know that the Reiki Journal never published such an article, and they view it as fake. Although why anyone would want to fake history of Reiki post 1985, i'll leave you to guess.

In the late 1970's, Hawayo Takata's student's were very eager to experience Reiki. Practice, practice, practice was something they really loved, and focused on. Although Hawayo Takata did indeed impart Reiki history to them, the Master students in particular could be said to be quite nonchalant about this. It was quite un-interesting to them.

Hawayo Takata would of course have noticed this, and i presume that in keeping Reiki simple, whilst practically experiencing it, she was only to pleased to see her students have the same interests.

It wasn't until Hawayo Takata died, quite a few years later actually, that folks began to even have an interest in the history of Reiki.

What i can't understand is, if Hawayo Takata's students couldn't have cared less about Reiki's Japanese origins, why would she have ever needed to lie about anything. It wouldn't have made her anymore successful. This highly charismatic woman was Reiki itself.

Unless....

Warmest Wishes
    wayne

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:39 pm