Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+5
chuglet
Thaak
soulangel
thehungrycaterpillar
LightBody
9 posters

Reiki Request: Hand Injury

LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Reiki Request: Hand Injury Empty Reiki Request: Hand Injury

Post by LightBody Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:30 am

Hi.

Last night during Aikido practice I landed wrong during a take-down and sprained my left hand. Imagine the nail of your left thumb and forefinger touching the back of your left hand... that's what happened to cause the injury. Even though I'm laughing at the situation and pain, it's quite painful. Light touch to the area is painful, and any movement in the area hurts.

Fortunately, there is no noticeable bruising, and no bones are broken or fractured. It's just the tissue that was traumatized. In time it will heal. If you would like to offer, provide or send distance Reiki to help the healing process, I would be grateful.

Gassho.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Reiki Request: Hand Injury Empty Re: Reiki Request: Hand Injury

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:01 am

OUCH................
    [i]Ouch,ouch....

(((((((((((( flower )))))))))))))

Feel Better!
    soulangel
    soulangel
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by soulangel Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:42 am

hi stephen,
    sorry to hear about you injury, sounds painfull! i am not able to send reiki over distances as i am only reiki one but i will send many healing thoughts your way. also do you know an aromatherapist? as this is also a great healing method for your type of injury. take care.

love and light. sarah
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Also if you know a good homeopathic practitioner, homeopathic Arnica at the 200c dilution is great for that sort of injury.

I am more than willing to facilitate a session. All I'd ask is that you pick a time convenient for you to relax and receive.

Andy
    chuglet
    chuglet

Post by chuglet Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:49 am

Sure Stephen...having a little browsy around the forum..will do so after that..take it easy huh Surprised
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:13 am

Thaak wrote:
    I am more than willing to facilitate a session. All I'd ask is that you pick a time convenient for you to relax and receive.
    Andy

I'm teaching a Reiki class from 12-4 p.m. Pacific Standard Time today (Sunday). From 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. we provide a Reiki clinic. I will be on the table receiving either at 1 p.m. or 2:30 p.m.

Gassho
    chuglet
    chuglet

Post by chuglet Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:19 am

Stephen...hi..all those different time zones make my head spin Arrow ..any problem if I start a 1/4 of an hour from now? it is past midnight here and so I plan to be in bed snoring by about 1.00..Kevin
    papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:09 am

chuglet wrote:Stephen...hi..all those different time zones make my head spin Arrow ..any problem if I start a 1/4 of an hour from now? it is past midnight here and so I plan to be in bed snoring by about 1.00..Kevin

To Kevin: I'm sure Buck will be good with whatever time is convenient for you!

To Buck: ROTW

Love and Light,

Garry
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:12 am

Garry, do you mean Rise Of The Witch-king? As in that excellant online pc game i'm about to play? lol!
    papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:29 am

[quote="soulangel"]hi stephen,
    sorry to hear about you injury, sounds painfull! i am not able to send reiki over distances as i am only reiki one but i will send many healing thoughts your way. also do you know an aromatherapist? as this is also a great healing method for your type of injury. take care.

Sarah, yes you can! Very Happy Until you are formally trained in the 2nd degree technique, just look at Buck's picture, imagining that it is he, and give reiki to it. Why will this work? The name of the second degree symbol that is used in distance reiki means "mindfulness is the source". You'll get a better understanding when you get to 2nd degree, but for now, this is all you need in order to perform distance reiki for Buck.

Love and Light,

Garry, occasional Reiki heretic ;-)
    papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:32 am

Milarepa wrote:Garry, do you mean Rise Of The Witch-king? As in that excellant online pc game i'm about to play? lol!

I had no idea they had made an online game out of my life! ;-)
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:48 am

papakeri wrote:The name of the second degree symbol that is used in distance reiki means "mindfulness is the source".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:00 am

[quote="stephenbuck415"]

Nice pic! But that relates to the 2nd second degree symbol (whose name means "habit"). We were speaking of the 3rd second degree symbol. :-)

Love and Light,

Garry
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:06 am

papakeri wrote:
    stephenbuck415 wrote:
    We were speaking of the 3rd second degree symbol. :-)

Or, the 2nd symbol, or, even the 1st symbol, depending on one's perspective, lol! .

take care
    wayne

Last edited by Milarepa on Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:14 am; edited 2 times in total
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:06 am

[quote="papakeri"]
    stephenbuck415 wrote:

Nice pic! But that relates to the 2nd second degree symbol (whose name means "habit"). We were speaking of the 3rd second degree symbol. :-)

Love and Light,

Garry

Oh, that's right... I should go back to bed (and not take any more Hydrocodone).
    papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:14 am

stephenbuck415 wrote:

Oh, that's right... I should go back to bed (and not take any more Hydrocodone).

More ROTW! (queue Wayne <g>)
    soulangel
    soulangel
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by soulangel Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:37 am

thanks for that info gary, thats great to know. youve opened up a whole new chapter for me! do you know weather there is another way i can send reiki over a distance if i dont have a picture? would it work if say i wrote their name down on a piece of paper and gave reiki to the paper while thinking about that person? and sorry to keep rattling on but how powerfull would this be as i am only level one? thanks gary.

sarah
    papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:57 am

soulangel wrote:thanks for that info gary, thats great to know. youve opened up a whole new chapter for me! do you know weather there is another way i can send reiki over a distance if i dont have a picture? would it work if say i wrote their name down on a piece of paper and gave reiki to the paper while thinking about that person? and sorry to keep rattling on but how powerfull would this be as i am only level one? thanks gary.

sarah

Sarah, your suggestion about writing their name down on a piece of paper is equally valid.

As for being "only" a level one, don't be so quick to give away your power! You have just as much of the divine in you as I have in me. Besides, it's not you that's doing the healing, you're just facilitating. Just trust in the reiki, and trust that the other person will receive exactly what they need. All you need to do is be mindful and present, and allow reiki do its thing. I love you

Love and Light,

Garry
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:11 am

soulangel wrote:do you know weather there is another way i can send reiki over a distance if i dont have a picture? would it work if say i wrote their name down on a piece of paper and gave reiki to the paper while thinking about that person?

sarah
    Hi Sarah
    As Gary says (Hi, Gary , by the way!) the piece of paper will work fine. Another way is to use your right thigh and imagine a little image of the person lay there with their head at your knee - a stick person if you don't know what they look like. You can then go through a series of hand positions on this little image or even imagine a particular part of that person laid on your thigh!

Mrs Takata taught this way as well as visualising the person floating in the air in front of you so you can go through each hand position you feel you want to use and have them float into position under your hands!

I also agree with Gary that there is no difference in "power" between a Reiki 1 and a Reiki 3 - it mainly comes down to experience and practice, which builds confidence and increases the awareness of the Reiki practitioner.
    Smile
    Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:24 am

Stephen, how is your hand doing?
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:04 am

Dragonfly wrote:Stephen, how is your hand doing?

Remarkable improvements, thanks to everyone who participated.

The hand was still feeling pretty stiff and immobile on Sunday before the Reiki class. During the class, I was able to receive 20 minutes of a direct, hands-on treatment to the injured area from Reiki Master Gerard Falzone (Alameda, CA). There was some aching before the treatment. His hands were Reiki-Hot during the treatment, and afterwards virtually full mobility was restored and no pain was present at all.

Monday was a day of full mobility and no pain, but I decided that it was better to be safe than sorry so did not attend any Aikido practice.

Tuesday, I attended two classes, one in the morning (7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.) and one in the afternoon (12 p.m. - 1 p.m.). By the end of the second class, mild swelling began to occur, so now I'm trying to take it easy on the hand for the remainder of the day.

It's been about two hours since the last class came to an end and the swelling has already gone down... but I'll avoid the keyboard for another day or so to give it more time to heal.

Thanks, everyone, for participating.

:-)

Buck
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:56 am

Yay! cheers Glad to hear you're improving!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:53 pm