Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Altering attunement method

ChrisRams
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Altering attunement method Empty Altering attunement method

Post by ChrisRams Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:06 am

Hi folks
    I'm back for a short while, had to re-register cos I forgot my details!

Anyway, a patient I'm treating at our local hospice has asked me to attune her to Reiki. I'm considering this, and the difficulty I have is as follows:

She has severe metastatic cancer, and one of the metastases has meant she has lost the use of her left arm, and she will have the arm amputated next month.

The attunement method I follow means the recipient has their hands in gassho, their hands get raised and lowered, and the symbols are placed into the palms. Now if she has a hand that can't move - or if she has only one arm - this becomes impossible.

I'm sure I can't be the only one who's faced this situation before. Can anyone give me any ideas as to how to attune her?

Cheers

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Altering attunement method Empty Re: Altering attunement method

Post by Colin Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:14 am

Hi Chris

Welcome back!

This is an interesting question. My first thought is that I would do the attunement as usual but ask the person to imagine that they have their unusable arm/hand in gassho alongside their good arm/hand, so they actually have one physical (and energetic ) hand and one purely energetic hand making the gassho. The symbols can be placed in the physical and the energetic hand.

There have been studies done that show the same areas of a person's brain fire even if they think about moving their arm rather than actually moving it. Also, since intent, and state of mind of the teacher, has a lot to do with attunements, I don't think there would be any problem with this.

Hope that helps
    Colin Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:11 am

Thanks Chris for bringing
    this issue to our attention.
    I see no problem attuning
    a person without an arm.
    Colins recommendation are
    exactly what I would do. heart smiley
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:08 am

Hi Chris,

Colin already gave good option and I am wondering if the qustion is more related to:

1.Will attunement work if you slightly change protocol or
    2. Attunemnt will work but what would you put on the reiki certificate since you didn't follow step-by-step guideline.

Regards,

Resko
    ChrisRams
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by ChrisRams Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:26 am

Hi all and thanks for your replies.

Rzukic, the question was more on the technical aspects as I have no qualms about issuing the certificate as long as the attunement has "taken"!

The practical question about putting the symbols into the palms was the starting point. I had considered just doing the attunement as a sort of reiju, using gaze and intention rather than movement and intention, but then I wondered if that would only work as a sort of "top up" attunement. Then a related question is the self-healing positions. I do like Colin's suggestion, I'm sure the patient in question would be able to imagine using the dead arm. I had thought of teaching her a Reiki meditation based on breath. In fact, I might do that with her on Friday.

Many questions! I look forwards to more responses too!
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:52 am

Hi Chris,

Rzukic, the question was more on the technical aspects as I have no qualms about issuing the certificate as long as the attunement has "taken"!

I agree with you!

I do like Colin's suggestion, I'm sure the patient in question would be able to imagine using the dead arm.

I am wondering if as 2nd option you might want to consider that You as a RMT imagine using her arm instead or even go totally for so called distant attunement.

If you system attunes the feet chakras than she could take the advantage of foot reflex points for self treatment.

Regards,

Resko
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:18 am

re: colin. yeah, recent studies have shown that if we imagine we are exercising certain muscle, we improve by up to 40%. the mind isn't able to differentiate between reality and imagination.

imo, in this situation, Gassho is not required. a willingness, openess to accept the process is much more important than a posture, in itself. Smile.

btw, any probs with login on, please feel free to contact staff. even folks who cant logon can do that.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:04 am

Milarepa wrote:re: colin. yeah, recent studies have shown that if we imagine we are exercising certain muscle, we improve by up to 40%. the mind isn't able to differentiate between reality and imagination.

imo, in this situation, Gassho is not required. a willingness, openess to accept the process is much more important than a posture, in itself. Smile.

btw, any probs with login on, please feel free to contact staff. even folks who cant logon can do that.

That sounds good instead of cooking
    I can just believe I cooked a great
    meal. We all sit down and imagine....
    Like that guru who is still alive
    he does not consume food. sunny

Most of us have not reached that level
    unless we are hypnotized. The brain is
    always bossing us. It does not like to
    be told to do this or that. It can be
    deceived. Marilyn Ferguson mentions that
    Masters who wrote "Neurospeaks" tells a
    story that impressed him.In a Scandinavian
    country a man was accidently locked in
    a freezer compartment of a train. He was
    found dead, with clinical symptom of having
    frozen, but the freezer had not been turned
    on. Today many folks including myself have
    used this imagery successfully. Amputees do
    some unbelievable turn a rounds Altering attunement method 158903
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:54 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:re: colin. yeah, recent studies have shown that if we imagine we are exercising certain muscle, we improve by up to 40%. the mind isn't able to differentiate between reality and imagination.

That sounds good instead of cooking
    I can just believe I cooked a great
    meal. We all sit down and imagine....
    Like that guru who is still alive
    he does not consume food. sunny

lmao! lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 am