Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
chi_solas
LightBody
FinShaggy
7 posters

Attunements...Help please?

FinShaggy
    FinShaggy

Attunements...Help please? Empty Attunements...Help please?

Post by FinShaggy Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:09 pm

My mom was having Reiki sessions, and learned a group of attunements by taking a class with the Master Lady that she was going to see. Now I have very little Reiki knowledge so I am sorry if I word this wrong. She knows what attuments(from a list that I doubt is all of them in existence) do what basic things, and had some kind of unlockings done on her. But she is unsure of how to focus Reiki towards business. Could you explain it in a way that she might understand?? It doesn't even need to be understood by me. I can forward them to her Email and then paste her reply here.

Any questions can be asked of her as well. And I will try to get a response. I myself know very very little about it.
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Attunements...Help please? Empty Re: Attunements...Help please?

Post by LightBody Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Hi Shaggy.

It seems LuvSoulJah and I have had more free time on our hands than the others, but I'm sure they will catch-up and begin replying to your posts soon enough.

I began practicing Reiki in 1993 and was taught Reiki was for healing of one's self and others, not for manifesting material gain... but was also taught then when one's self is healed one's goals become easier to manifest (if they do not manifest on their own).
    FinShaggy
    FinShaggy

Post by FinShaggy Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:40 pm

So focus on the building and workings of your own mental health and focus? And it may just happen as a side effect?
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:51 am

FinShaggy wrote:My mom was having Reiki sessions, and learned a group of attunements by taking a class with the Master Lady that she was going to see. Now I have very little Reiki knowledge so I am sorry if I word this wrong. She knows what attuments(from a list that I doubt is all of them in existence) do what basic things, and had some kind of unlockings done on her. But she is unsure of how to focus Reiki towards business. Could you explain it in a way that she might understand?? It doesn't even need to be understood by me. I can forward them to her Email and then paste her reply here.

Any questions can be asked of her as well. And I will try to get a response. I myself know very very little about it.

Do you mean busines as in your Mom
    wants to start her own Reiki Business Question
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:29 am

FinShaggy wrote:So focus on the building and workings of your own mental health and focus? And it may just happen as a side effect?

The building and workings of one's own health is the very nature of Reiki... or so that has always been my perception of it.

There is the belief in many spiritual communities that we are beings of light. Energy exists in a much higher form, and gradually it goes through a process that allows it to exist at a lower vibration that eventually results in everything we are aware of in our physical reality. Our physical bodies, our personalities (there is a difference between the personality and the mind), and even the events that happen to us.

Let's use some of the images at the Alex Grey as an example. If I recall correctly, Alex experimented with LSD in his younger days and had a vision where he perceived everything as interwoven interconnected multi-dimensional beings of light. If you visit his website, in the left column click PAINTINGS and then in the right column click PROGRESS OF THE SOUL and explore the images (and THEOLOGUETHEOLOGUE is a good reference for my example).

The Theologue image illustrates a person as a being of light that is woven with a web of light to everything around it, or perhaps as the universe weaving beams of light that create the landscape and that create the person.

The person has some colored spheres of light within their torso. Those energy centers are usually called Chakras. Usually seven of the largest (and most noticeable to beginners) within the torso are illustrated by artists, and taught by others.

The spiritual concept is that everything is connected by what at this time we can best call light. During the mid 1900's it was magnetic energy, during the 1800's it was etheric energy, and prior to that it was known basically as prana to those who had access to the few books available about the subject in that time. In our time, the energy is being called Light or simply Energy. Just for the record, the association to the energy to light began with Annie Beasant who was the first to associate colors to chakras in her writing for the Theosophical Society during the late 18th, early 19th century.

This concept also parallels the Chinese system of Acupuncture, but acupuncture is a bit too complex and technical for this example so I will mention it, but not discuss it beyond this mention.

Light, as it turns out, is a very good word to use to describe spiritual energy because it has thousands of variations that most of us can see. The colors used in cartoons for children are usually brilliant in hue, and accompanied by other colors that accent and complement them, making the cartoon more visually appealing. The colors used for adults are more complex help add to the emotional experience of the movie. For example, in the movie The Matrix, when Neo was in normal reality (known as the matrix) the entire screen was overlaid with a light green tint, reminiscent of the first color of computer screen fonts, while when he was not plugged into the matrix the screen had a normal tone. The Harry Potter movies have had darker colors when the characters were in the company of evil, and the movie Avatar had a truly sensational color of blue overlaid all exterior scenes. For those who can see with their eyes, colors are believed to influence our emotions, and thus how we feel.

Bright and brilliant colors are considered healthy, while darker, murkier, swampier colors are considered to be unhealthy.

Now, when a person radiates brilliant colors of light, everything else in its environment begins to radiate the same brilliance. When a person is depressed, feeling unhealthy, and even experiencing a disease or illness of sorts, it is believed by some that they have darker colors present in their body of light.

Reiki may sometimes be associated to a pure white light, or a high spiritual energy that when accessed, begins to purge darker, murkier, negative colors from whatever the Reiki is illuminating.

Just as when a person is depressed and radiating dark colors their environment begins to radiate the same, when a person accesses Reiki and allows it to flow through them, the Reiki light helps transform the dark colors inside them into something more brilliant and healthy.

Healing originates within the heart center, the heart chakra. Without compassion, without caring for one's self and others, healing won't happen because the heart energy center will remain less functional than otherwise.

Spiritual energy may be controlled and directed around less functioning energy centers such as the heart by the personality, and when that happens those energies will possess a feeling/sensation of being much more intense than otherwise, but by by-passing the heart center also by-passes a significant center of power and balance necessary to access those energies to their fullest potential. Like a bicycle wheel that has a broken spoke, it might work, but it will be more likely to break the more frequently it's used, the more likely other spoke will be to break.

Let's suppose that a person attuned to Reiki can meditate and access Reiki energies to use those energies to manifest business goals. The concept would then be that the higher Reiki light would flow through the person desiring to manifest the goals.

Now, if the heart center is not completely balanced, like a bicycle wheel with a broken spoke, the energies won't flow as readily as they would otherwise. Other spokes, channels of light, that do work will have a tendency to become overworked, and then breakage may occur. It is a common belief that when the channels of light break, when their is an imbalance of light within the body of light, disease and illness manifests within the physical body.

But doesn't Reiki heal?

Yes, but that healing starts with the heart.

Starting with the heart is starting with one's self.

Opening the heart to compassion not only involves caring about others, but one's self.

When the Reiki practitioner focuses on healing their self first, then everything else will gradually fall into place in the healthiest possible way. There may be some mishaps (call them learning experiences) along the way, but ultimately they will lead the practitioner to a well-balanced, healthy and successful life.

I was a mess in dire need of healing when I began Reiki. As a practicing Reiki Master of 9 years, I went homeless, and I emerged as a completely new person, successful in many ways, through that experience.

FinShaggy
    FinShaggy

Post by FinShaggy Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:44 am

chi_solas wrote:

No, she has been trained in Reiki, but is trying to figure out how to use positive energy in a business aspect.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:26 am

you're asking how to use positive energy, Reiki (?) to affect business?

imo, it's not what Reiki is for. And, shouldn't be tried anyhow. Reiki isn't to attempt to control our influence anything. Any event, or any person. It goes to the process, imo, of a treatment. We start a process which another may choose within & around themselves to have an experience. called Reiki. so not much is really our control. Virtually none of the Reiki experience. Save unless we were treating ourselves.

if we concentrate on oursvelves, a little by-product might be that things begin to fall into place in our lives. or at least seem to. what can really be happening is the crap isn't important anymore. so our perspective changes.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:10 am

FinShaggy wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

No, she has been trained in Reiki, but is trying to figure out how to use positive energy in a business aspect.

Once your trained in Reiki your Reiki energy
    goes with you. If I were starting out in a
    business, I'd use my common sense like any
    other successful business owners. bounce sunny study
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:20 am

I feel that Shaggy's question is really a valuable contribution, because the practice of Reiki is changing and becoming even more diverse.

I don't know who has provided Shaggy's mom training, so I don't know what concepts or values she was taught as being a part of Reiki.

Shaggy, does your Mom's Reiki Master have a website? If so, would you be willing to share it here?

FinShaggy
    FinShaggy

Post by FinShaggy Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:13 am

I'll find out.
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:01 am

When I first became aware of Reiki I was very ill, in hospital and close to death. So my first experience of it was that it is a healing, loving energy...My opinion of it hasn't changed much since.

When I started learning Reiki myself it was much the same. But like you, in my practice I did not notice/experience anything different in my perception. My teacher and friend Maire, assured me though that this was fine, and that my perception would develope with time and practice. It hadn't been long since I was out of hospital so I had a lot of healing to do. Not just from the illness, but from the state I had been in, which had landed me there in the first place.

You see, my initiation process had begun a long time before I had become aware of Reiki. I was 17 years old and I'd just dropped out of school to start a cheffing career. I wasn't at all sure whether cheffing was the right thing for me but I'd had enough of school and the whole system as such. I love food and traveling and I had grown up in a family-run hotel & restaurant business. So it seemed like a good place to start. And it was, but I had also been suffering from depression for numerous reasons for a long time. Back then my therapy consisted mostly of "sex, drugs & rock&Roll".
    It worked for a while and I did have some spiritual experiences along the way... but it was inevitable for me that at some point I would hit a wall there, methaphorically and/or litterally.... Either way I knew I was headed in no good direction.

After having decided to become a chef I went to Germany to get some work experience with chefs that had worked with us in our hotel in Ireland in the past. My life was a rollercoaster of ups and downs at this point and my time in germany was no exception and of course it too turned out to be more than "just work experience".

The following september after what can only be described as... "fear & loathing in Germany & Connemara"...., I had decided that cheffing was the way for me to go. As I had, despite everything else, been able to work well and even find joy in the kitchen and the crazy life style it promised... Having been influenced by people like Anthony Burdain, I was sure this was gonna be the right thing for me. The hectic lifestyle also insured that I wasn't entertaining any depressing or suicidal thoughts. But I was just ignoring myself more than anything else, and deep down I knew that.

I started the cheffing college in Galway GMIT that September. And our family hotel and home had been sold that summer... My parents had split up a long time before this. My mom and siblings remained in Ireland and my father moved back to Germany with his new family. I moved into a student village across from the college. I had a four bedroom house to myself with a keycard that opened the front door and the door to my bedroom... A pretty stale and lonely place to be in. And not having made any friends their yet...., it was early days... I had too much time to myself and depression started rearing it's ugly face again. I didn't like College either, it was all to much like school... I soon made some freinds though and it wasn't long before I would spend most of my time getting high instead opf going to the lectures. At weekends I would go back to my hometown and stay at my mom's place.

One of these weekends would turn out to be the catalyst for my ending up in hospital and a long healing journey, my encounter with Reiki my being here now and writing this story.
    My depression had kicked in again full trottle and I had some money problems. I owed someone, what was for me quite a bit of cash at the time and I was unsure of how I would swing it this time....It wasn't a bank-loan, put it that way. So not something I could by any honest means, explain to my family without losing my face.

Along with my depression my less pleasant self and demeanor also reared it's ugly mug... A part of me, that usually my family would only get to meet... as I didn't feel like I needed to put on any masks at home. And this most likely was the cause of a huge argument I had with my mother on this faithful weekend.
    I ended up leaving earlier and on bad terms with my mom... It had been a heated argument, and we both parted from one another with visible resentment toward each other...Saying that, my resentment towards myself had grown more than anything else...

I met up with some old mates from my hometown that were also living in Galway at the time. We went bowling... I thought it might help to get my mind off of things. Later that evening I walked home by myself. Back to that cold, empty, stale place... left with nobody to talk to but myself and God. I was quite sick of my own company at this point... so I turned to God. Something I hadn't done in a LONG time... unless it was my middle finger pointed up at the sky. I was never very religious, although having grown up in a catholic school I built my own beliefs from an early age... I did believe in something like God or a higher intelligence... anyway my point is I wasn't a church-gower and I didn't pray... apart from the prayers we had to recite in school which I didn't find, connected me with much... or anything at all. I had my own beliefs about reincarnation and such before I had ever even heard of hinduism or buddhism...

Anyway I was lying on my bed and decided to give it a go... I had nothing to lose... So I pleaded with "God" to not let me wake up the following day... But with all my heart... a couple of tears rolled down my cheeks and that sealed the deal.

I woke up the following morning at about 6am. the first thing I noticed was how dehydrated I was... I wasn't even thinking about the night before or my little converstation with God. The next thing I noticed was an extreme pain in my hip. I couldn't explain this to myself because I had been fine walking home from bowling the night before... I got up and limped downstairs to get a drink... My fridge was empty, so I got a glass of tapwater...and proceeded to drink it fast... Within seconds I was running to the bathroom to puke it up. I knew something was up with me then. I went back to my bed and tried to figure out what to do. So I looked at my watch and decided I was in no shape to go to college... and I couldn't stay in this place by myself. So I decided I would get the bus back home to Clifden at 11:30. So at 11:00 I got up and limped across to the college, drew some money from the atm, baught a can of sprite and ordered a taxi... People in the college were looking at me funny already... The taxi came and I sat in the back. The taxi driver turned around and said "where to?..."To the CIE bus station, please." I replied. "You not feelin too well?..taking the day off?!", he asked. "Nah not feelin too hot at all... gonna go home". - "whatever you do, don't go to the doctor", he said, "they'll only give ya fuckin antibiotics!!". I managed a half smile and said "Don't worry I wont, some of Mom's "good old chicken soup" will do the trick".

I got on the bus. An hour and a half journey ahead of me. Dying from thirst, I opened the can of sprite and took a sip... and another..., to my surprise and relief I was able to keep it down. (I had attemepted to drink water a couple times after that first attempt that morning, each with the same result). So this sprite kept me going on that bus drive which seemed to go on forever.
    Finally I was the last person to limp off the bus and the driver looked at me funny... I went straight to the pharmacy... and quite dramatically burst in the door exclaiming, "Listen!? I don't know what's goin on with me but I just got off the bus from Galway, I need help...!!!... I've been Dying all morning!!!!" ( Rolling Eyes Laughing ) There was this funny look again and they said, "Sorry, we can't help you, the surgery is closed till 3:00." So I backed out the door again...It was only 1pm now and 2 hrs seemed like an eternity.

I knew where one of the doctors lived though. Sophie, a french lady, who's daughter I used to go to school with and whom I also got along with. She was a close friend of my mom's also..., and she lived across the road. So I went there to try my luck. I went to the back door and there she was having breakfast in the kitchen... I knocked on the door, thinking to myself "she must have had a late night..."

She opened the door, greeted me and let me in. I said, "hi Sophie" and appologized that I was interrupting her breakfast but stressing that it wasn't a social-call and explained my situation. She politely offered me tea and some breakfast. I thankfully declined, stressing my situation again. Maybe not dramatically enough, as she proceeded to enjoy her breakfast and began small talk. I bit my lip and remined myself to just be grateful that I was atleast indoors now and in good hands...well a doctor's anyway. Laughing

Finally, when she was done with her breakfast and filling me in on the goss', she took my temperature and blood pressure. I had a fever and if the looks I was getting all morning were anything to go by I also looked like death. She gave me some paracetamol and some painkillers and a pint glass of water... Once again I explained my situation to her and that I was unable to keep any fluids in me apart from the can of sprite that had sustained me on the bus trip. She insisted though and offered me her bed and asked me if she should call my mom... I agreed that that was probably best. So, as she insisted, I took the pills and downed them with the pint of water infront of her.

I limped upstairs to her bedroom, not being a stranger to the house, I knew where it was. I currled up in two duvets... I was getting worse by the minute and I was freezing and sweating at the same time... Within seconds I had to get up and raced to the bathroom and just about managed to get there in time to spew the pint and the tablets down the toilet.

I lay back down and waited for my mom to arrive. Finally she came and Sophie called me downstairs. As I made the turn to the stairs I met her eyes looking at me from the front door entrance.... she didn't look impressed... Sophie filled her in and gave her the same tablets again stressing that I needed to drink a lot. It wasn't untill we were in the car and half way home that my mom switched from "pissed off", to wooried and concerened, when she realised the state I was in.

When we got home, she also insisted that I take the tablets Sophie had given her with a pint of water again... I also tried to explain to her that I wouldn't be able to keep it down....and refused it and went upstairs to bed... She Followed me upstairs and gave me the pint of water and the tablets. She wasn't going anywhere untill she was satisfied that I had taken them with the water. So I said "ok, but dont say I didnt warn you."

She had barley gotten down the stairs when I screamed "MOM!!!!... I NEED A BUCKET NOW...!!!". But it was too late... I projectile vomitted the coontents of the glass and the tablets across the cieling like a volcanic erruption.

Now she really realised that there was something extremely wrong with me. I also knew and now, for the first time that day, I remembered the little dialogue I'd had the night before with me, myself and I (and whoever else was listening scratch ).

I felt the life force leaving me and I realised that I was getting what I had asked for...and the panic and fear I'd had which had braught me home had left me and I was ready to go. Instead my mom was starting to panic and she said she wanted to take me to hospital. I lied to her saying as softly as I could, "Mom, I'll be fine... all I need is some rest.. please". But she was having non of it. She called Sophie and asked her what she should do. Sophie replied that, well, if I didn't wanna go she couldn't force me... I think my mom hung up. She came back to me and said either you get in the car with me now or I'm gonna call an ambulance... I gave in eventually... I didn't have the strength to argue with her anyhow... and I didn't fancy the drama of being carried out of my bed by paramedics. So, somehow I made it to the car. I could hardly walk at this stage... We drove all the way back to Galway, as there is no proper hospital in Clifden. When we got there they had to get me a wheelchair and wheeled me into A&E.

We were greeted by a nurse and soon a doctor arrived on the scene. He told me to lift my top... I obliged... and too my surprise I was covered in red dots all over my torso.
    I was given a big injection of...., I dunno..., elctrolytes probably... and antibiotics. Diagnosis: Meningitis.... I was put into isolation and was kept in there for nearly 3 weeks.

I was put on a drip and I was under constant observation 24/7, having my my eyelids pulled back while I was asleep and having bright torches shun into my eyes.... For me it was no laughiung matter... ( Laughing ) And I didn't feel lucky to be there.
    Finally, I'd had my prayers answered...there was a God afterall... and I was goin home....
    "Can't a man die in peace!?!" I thought.... Rolling Eyes

It wasn't to be.... there were other plans for me. (Enter Maire! My Reiki teacher to be...) I was in isolation and only immediate family members were allowed to visit me. Maire was my mom's best friend at the time. I had only ever met her a couple of times, but we never really talked much... she seemed like a lovely lady though. she offered my mom that she would give me distance Reiki treatments, but said that she would need my permission to do so.

My mom told me about Maire's offer, and in her own words, attempted to describe to me, what Maire had told her about Reiki. I thought about it... I didn't know what I was getting myself into..., but I thought it couldn't harm. So I agreed.

My mom came to visit me every day. A one & a half hour drive in and out of Galway... never knowing what kind of state or mood she would find me in.
    In the evenings I began to feel something strange. As if there was a presence with me in the room... like I was being watched... or my mind being read... and emotions were coming up. This was my first experience of Reiki. A few days of this had passed and I still didn't no when or if I was ever gonna get out of there... I wasn't in the clear yet. One morning a nurse came in to change my drip. After she had stabbed my arm with the needle for the 6th time I lost it and I tossed her tray across the room and demanded her to stop and get someone that knew what they were doing! They didn't have it easy with me in there.... Anyway another nurse came and she got it first time. But the ordeal had left me in a sour mood. And when my mom arrived that day... I jsut didn't want to see or hear anyone... so I blocked my ears with my hands untill she left.

A while later she told me that Maire, whom she had been visiting every evening after coming to see me in hospital, had warned her, that during her Reiki session with me, the evening before that incident, that she had seen me very clearly as if I had been in the room with her... and that I was blocking my ears.

When I heard this story I knew what I had felt those evenings in isolation in my hospital bed hadn't been me being paranoid or imagining things. And I was determined to find out more about Reiki.

When I finally got out I was eager to meet Maire and to talk to her. So after a few weeks we met and she did a hands-on Reiki session with me. We talked for a long time afterwards. She told me I was an old soul and that I had been here before many times...
    I won't go into details here because this rant is already getting longer than I had planned and I want to get to my point.

I learned two important things from this.... One that we are never alone. And two that we can do amazing things with our will, with our thoughts and our emotions.
    Through my "prayers being answered", I realised that the phrase "be careful what you wish for" held more truth than what I had previously believed. I learned that we can make things manifest when we enrgize our thoughts with emotion and the will of our hearts. And not only in or for ourselves but also in and for others... I learned this through the distance Reiki sessions I recieved from Maire.

I was still very down after I got out, but I had a new outlook on life and a new ambition. Later Maire offered to initiate me into Reiki. and of course I accepted! I was excited. I was attuned to CKR with level one. she did tell me that this was not usual practice but she felt that she should do so with me. It helped me a lot... but I wasn't feeling much and at times I thought that maybe I was doing something wrong. Maire had explained to me about what happens during the attunements and each level respectfully. A couple of years later I told maire I was ready for Reiki 2 and asked her if she would attune me. she didn't ask for any money but she had told me before about the costs .. and Takata's story of Usui... I didn't have much at the time but I gave her 50 euros.

Anyway, before this turns into another rant.... Along with the 2 new symbols I was attuned to in the initition came the explanation of how these symbols would be used and how they could be useful. SHK to connect with the mental/emotional, superconscience or "Godhead" and HSZSN to transcend time and space to send Reiki over distance and to any point in the past or future.

So when that book and later the film "The secret" came out and there was this big hype about it... I was like "yeah, yeah... I already know!" Laughing

I think Reiki can be used for more than just healing... I think it has an unlimited potential and intelligence and that it will work with you as long as you come from the heart. That hypnotic state I was in when I had that lil' "mano e mano" with the creator... between sleep and wakefulness, call it theta/alpha... creates a bridge to the subconcious mind.... I believe that through the use of the SHK symbol or wisdom instilled into it we can bridge this gap too. And the thoughts, wishes and emotions we have can be energized through Reiki also. Call it combining Reiki with creative visualisation if you will... whatever you want to call it... it works for me.

So my advice to you and your mom, FinShaggy, is this:.... The secret of inviting happiness through many blessings.....
    The spiritual medicine for all illness......

Just for today: Be free of anger; Be free of worry;
    Be humble
    Be honest in your work
    Be compassionate to yourself and others

Do gassho every morning and evening
    Keep in your mind and recite.

Here's some from Steve Jobs: "My model for business is The Beatles. They were four guys who kept each other's kind of negative tendencies in check. They balanced each other and the total was greater than the sum of the parts. That's how I see business: great things in business are never done by one person, they're done by a team of people."

Sorry for the rant guys..this was supposed to be the continuation of my earlier Reiki rant... but here you have it... I felt inspired to write this through this thread.

Warmest wishes,

Ben

Last edited by LuvSoulJah on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:24 am

Hi Ben.

Heck, that's not a rant, that's another Reiki success story!

I can't tell you how wonderful it is to hear real stories of how Reiki has helped a person heal through difficult times in their life like the one you have shared.

I feel your contribution is very appropriate in this thread, and would like to encourage you to copy it and paste it as an addendum or something of the sort to your introduction.

LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:29 am

Thanks Buck! And that's a nice idea.... I've just read over my "rant" Laughing and I willl have to edit out a few mistakes first. Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:01 am

For sure Ben, Reiki is a spiritual process, of which 'healing' is one outward symtpom there's much more. you're experience is a prime candidate for the 'Reiki Experiences' topic. It's great you shared it.

Here's some food for thought generally to all...

If we begin to try to effect things outside of us, even material things - how is this impacting on the time we give to ourselves, with Reiki...

In particular, since Reiki is a spiritual path, why would a person feel the need to effect things outside of oneself? Isn't the whole point to become at peace with such things?

Take for example, the principles. What does 'not worry' mean? How about 'work hard'? In the context of this valuble topic - if me business is failing, and mine has been, i worked harder at it. And kept faith. The inspriation is the principles. To assist me with that, i experienced Reiki more. Nothing special. It's our bare-bones right.

Is it a little 'back-to-front'? Or maybe, not spending enough time actually immersed in the Reiki experience personally? That one, with limited amount of at most 24 hours per day, would enter into a process to alter in some way some event outside of oneself. As opposed to simply spending that extra time experiencing Reiki personally even more? It maybe a bit like treating the symptom, via by-passing the cause. We, each of us are the issue for any challenge outside of ourself. Our perception is everything. Maybe an inadvertant reaction is happening reading these words for example. Up until this sentence at least. Hehe. Perception.

Perhaps one might get, god forbid, to not giving one damn about anything outside of I/you. Because I/you are spiritually at a place where we are realising such things are trinkets to the build-up of knowing not much else matters, save for mine/your personal Reiki experience.

As we're all at different stages of our journey with the divine, what implications are there to us when we don't realise/experience - that material 'tweaking' pales into significance the personal intensely spiritual experience we have in self-treatments? If we only spend a little more time there.

Whilst it is everyones right to experience spirituality at they wish, it might be prudent for someone, anyone, to just word a bit of caution. That as always, practitioners might be looking way ahead of themselves. Perhaps feeling that this 'relaxing/happy', 'buoyant', usually to a degree - 'healing' system is all there is to it, and ergo, 'we' know it all. So, let's go see what other uses (maybe ignoring all other chance factors/variables involved) Reiki may have some effect in.

After all, if we are attempting to 'tweak' any event or situation outside of ourselves, it surely wont' impact on countless others destiny. If 'we' can do it, why not... Maybe that's another topic... Laughing

Look at the assasinaiton of Ghandi. Imagine the internal 'work' Ghandi done when he looked into his killers eyes and said he forgave him. The most challenging event a human can experience. Most other events pale into comparison. Can we then not follow his example? Work internally ourselves if we are presented with a challenge. A simple focus, simple path. I bet we're the better people for it.

beat

P.S. Attunements have got nothing to do with focussing Reiki into/onto a business. Unless it is being asked how to attune businesses.. scratch
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:19 am

Hi Wayne,

Maybe I didn't elaborate enough on what I was trying to say. I wasn't talking about effecting things outside of ourselves, but more about a deeper connection and communion with our inner selves, our subconscience and our creative potential. Which will help to take down the walls and barriers we put up for ourselves. To be better able and equiped to to set the gears into motion to accomplish the things we wish to. And in others, also to help them to make this connection and communion within themselves.

"P.S. Attunements have got nothing to do with focussing Reiki into/onto a business. Unless it is being asked how to attune businesses.. scratch"
    lol! now there's an idea... Idea
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:24 am

My general comments weren't directed at anyone in particular bro. your post certainly never prompted anything i said after my 'general' sentence. Smile

attuning businesses. i've just create my own hell... lol!

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:30 am

luvsouljah, I read with much interest and
    thank you for sharing a part of your life
    experience with members on RLL.As I read
    what you wrote it was like watching a true
    to life neighborhood drama. The folks who
    reached out and your resistance to go to
    the hospital is typical of human nature.
    Your relationship with family and others
    outside the family circle was so clear how
    you reached out yet were not being understood.
    I liked your explaination of how you knew
    what the "secret" was really all about,and
    how Reiki found you. Your summary shows human
    endurance through troubled times and the role
    that Reiki played in supporting your health needs. sunny bounce Attunements...Help please? 850837

LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:55 am

Milarepa wrote:

if we concentrate on oursvelves, a little by-product might be that things begin to fall into place in our lives. or at least seem to. what can really be happening is the crap isn't important anymore. so our perspective changes.

THE CRAP ISNT IMPORTANT ANYMORE!!
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:59 am

'left with nobody to talk to but myself and god!!!!!'

Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:04 am

These two statements are the most relevant statements of the above posts!!!! I'm not gonna lie or pretend, I get a bit bored and easily distracted when it comes to longwinded posts.........but out of courtesy and shear determination, ( cos Fuck!! it takes some dtermination, to read some of the longer posts on hear!! ahahah) I managed to subject myself to the effort! ahahahah..

I#m a lazy bitch, what can I say drunken
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:11 am

Perhaps I should add.....these two statements are the most relevant to ME!!.. I love you
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:51 am

hiya Sharon, how ya been? I got myself a new perspective on crap. It's come about through a dreadful time i've had lately. I'll share it on the forum either today or tomorrow.
    lisa.stephensfoster
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Attunements...Help please? Empty Sending Reiki to Business

Post by lisa.stephensfoster Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Hello,
    I send Reiki to everything. When I'm at work, preparing for my day to start seeing clients, I clear and bless our Wellness Club - and I send Reiki to our establishment with the intention of everyone who comes in contact with our club - will receive a healing for their highest good. I call upon my team or Angels/Reiki Guides as well as the clients Angels/Spirit Guides to be present during the clients Reiki appointment, and set the intention to be a clear and open channel for Reiki energy, spiritual connection and I state I am an unconditional universal servant, ready to help everyone who is ready to utilize my spiritual toolbox!
    Reiki Blessings,
    Lisa Like a Star @ heaven
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:15 am

lisa.stephensfoster wrote:Hello,
    I send Reiki to everything. When I'm at work, preparing for my day to start seeing clients, I clear and bless our Wellness Club - and I send Reiki to our establishment with the intention of everyone who comes in contact with our club - will receive a healing for their highest good. I call upon my team or Angels/Reiki Guides as well as the clients Angels/Spirit Guides to be present during the clients Reiki appointment, and set the intention to be a clear and open channel for Reiki energy, spiritual connection and I state I am an unconditional universal servant, ready to help everyone who is ready to utilize my spiritual toolbox!
    Reiki Blessings,
    Lisa Like a Star @ heaven

sunny bounce Attunements...Help please? 850837 Attunements...Help please? 158903

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:14 am