Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Does anyone have any experience of Reiki Attunement with Drug Rehab

Treasa
    Treasa
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Does anyone have any experience of Reiki Attunement with Drug Rehab  Empty Does anyone have any experience of Reiki Attunement with Drug Rehab

Post by Treasa Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:21 am

I am currently doing voluntary work in a drug rehab unit, and about ten days ago seven of my students had their reiki level one initiation; it went really well and they all seem very open to it.

What i'm wondering is if anyone else has any experience with this, and if there are any statistics on whether reiki initiation makes a difference to relapse rates.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Does anyone have any experience of Reiki Attunement with Drug Rehab  Empty Re: Does anyone have any experience of Reiki Attunement with Drug Rehab

Post by Milarepa Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:55 am

Hi treasa!

This is right down my street. Cocaine addict, and Reiki changed everything for me. Have had relapses but Reiki has been phenomenal. I'll point ya to two topics in particular.

http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/t447-being-born

http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/t1674-what-am-i-meant-to-do-a-guide-to-being-born

http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/t1758-eating-crow-pie

It's on my to-do list to create some kind of program for addicts, using Reiki. So let's talk more about what you do, etc. Private is good as public.

Will write to your other pm now.
    Treasa
    Treasa
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Does anyone have any experience of Reiki Attunement with Drug Rehab  Empty Re: Does anyone have any experience of Reiki Attunement with Drug Rehab

Post by Treasa Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:09 am

Well basically what I do is a stress management class one morning a week in a day programme. We do various things; eg listing and categorising stress factors, positive affirmations, watching The Secret, meditation, and reiki.

I am hoping to do a complete level one course in March or April, but for now we have just done an hour or so on history of reiki etc, a class on chakras and level one initiation. I can't do reiki every week as not everyone in the group has received their initiation, and reiki is something you have to want to do yourself.

Thanks for the links, am currently on phone so will check them out when I get home. Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:25 am

Treasa wrote:and reiki is something you have to want to do yourself.

At the height of my cocaine use i wanted to die. Had planned to. As you'll read in the links. I did research Reiki some but i was not clear what it was. Even so, i believed in it, whatever 'it' was.

You'd know this better than I, but a fine line should maybe be drawn with anyone teaching Reiki for any form of rehab. In that the person learning it is not just going through the motions.

I'm all for folks learning Reiki for criminal rehab also, yet i feel the powers that be would use it as some form of incentive to bribe them into attempting to change. I can see and appreciate the reasoning. For many addicts or criminals they have never tried to do anything to change the status quo. Who knows what catalyst it may turn out to be. Though the fallout rate may be large due to non-committal.

In court-appointed drug rehab it may be the same. I'm only guessing based on my own experience/understanding. I'd really be interested in finding some empirical evidence to show or at least hint this isn't so.

warmest wishes

Wayne
    Treasa
    Treasa
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Treasa Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:43 am

I believe that reiki will find you when you are ready for it, and that you won't get initiated unless it is what's best for you.

There are another couple of members of the group that said they were very interested in receiving their initiation, but weren't in on the day. I think that this is spirit's way of doing what is for the highest good of each individual, maybe reiki isn't their path, or it wasn't the right time, or i'm not the right reiki master for them.

I totally agree that reiki has to be a voluntary thing, it can't be forced on anyone, and this was emphasised in the weeks before the initiation, that people had to be sure it was what they wanted. The two day course will also be on a voluntary basis, so far they seem interested in doing the full course, but only time will tell, which is also why i am waiting until the end of march or april to run the proper reiki level one.

I am quite excited about it, and hope to see a beneficial effect as regards relapse rates etc. I got very positive feedback the week after the initiation, some reported feeling calmer and more relaxed with lower stress levels, one reported feeling extremely energetic and feeling the energy moving up and down his body, one said nothing really happened during the week; another reported being very lucky and winning things on two different days, that was interesting because on looking into it further both times it was on his root chakra clearance days in the 21 day clearance, which of course can relate to money Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:11 am

Treasa wrote:I believe that reiki will find you when you are ready for it, and that you won't get initiated unless it is what's best for you.

This could be true, Smile.

When i was in jail (we can sub that for a rehab center), i genuinely wanted to do what ti took to change my life around. for years though i set it aside first chance i got to get drugs.

what i learnt about me was i may have all the tools in the toolbox but unless i was willing to keep going for as long as it takes then the tools are useless. When they are needed most.

Though teaching in a rehab setting (Compulsory?) has benefits. It allows the addict to have time to fully experience Reiki. About that..

My own experience and research leads me to suggest to anyone in this field to focus treatment on the head positions, and the heart. In drug use our brain chemistry changes of course. We should seek in turn change that. The heart is important for us to cultivate that loving human-kindness for all.

you'll be aware of much of this, but it's useful info for others to read.

I want to say something personal to you. People like you are most excellent. Not only are you helping someone with illness, you are also likely having an impact on crime rates in what you are doing. The peoples lives your will may be changing is mind-boggling. It's good and proper we do give ourselves a pat on the back. If you dont want to i've just done it for you!

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Treasa
    Treasa
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Treasa Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:30 am

Thanks Wayne, that's really kind of you. Smile I only do one morning a week, there are others that do much more, 20 hours a week some on a voluntary basis. In fact i don't know how the government would run the country without all the voluntary workers in centres, whether it's rehab, hospice, sports clubs, the list goes on and on.

My class is compulsory, so the meditation, the classes on chakras, stress factors, all those elements are compulsory and the students have to participate.

However i have always been taught and always stress that reiki has to be something that you choose for yourself, you can't force someone to do something that they aren't ready for. We don't know what spirit has planned for anyone's life, and have to respect everyone's free will. If people choose to ruin their lives and their families lives through their addiction, rather than embracing something like reiki that can be of enormous benefit in facilitating change, ultimately that is up to them.

And i think that is a huge part of it, fear of change. We as humans tend to stick with what we know, even if it's something that we know is bad for us and hasn't worked for us in the past, instead of surrendering to the flow of spirit. Hopefully reiki will facilitate that change. And who knows, if it makes a big difference to the few that have received their initiation in this particular centre, then maybe more might decide to try it. A snowball effect. Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:27 am

cheers thumbs up to both of you.

Reiki is a guideline to our inner
    selves. Sometimes we resist because
    we do not want to feel the pain/shame
    that Society bestows on us. I have
    found that sometimes folks are busy
    trying to find the why(blame) for
    the dis-eases and that can block the
    healing process. affraid bounce Does anyone have any experience of Reiki Attunement with Drug Rehab  850837
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:40 am

chi_solas wrote: I have
    found that sometimes folks are busy
    trying to find the why(blame) for
    the dis-eases and that can block the
    healing process. affraid bounce Does anyone have any experience of Reiki Attunement with Drug Rehab  850837

I definitely agree with that. Never thought of it until now though. Thankyou for pointing that out!
    Treasa
    Treasa
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Treasa Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:08 am

just an update on what's happened since the reiki one initiation.

everyone that has received the initiation seems to be very positive, with some reporting feeling much calmer and less agitated. some are reporting feeling more grounded with one reporting incidences of clairvoyance. none of them have said that anything negative has happened or that they regret having the initiation, although one person who received reiki but wasn't present for the initiation reported feeling great when they got the reiki but a lot of issues coming up for clearing over the following few days.

i had planned on having a two day level one certificate course in april with room for eight participants, but following this weeks class where we did a guided meditation, with the people who have already had reiki initiation working on those who haven't been attuned, i have a list of twelve names all eager to do the course. Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:12 am

Excellant treasa! It would be interesting (from a Reiki viewpoint) why each person decided to learn Reiki. And then see how this correlates to their desires/brain chemistry/initial impacts on drug desires.

It brings in the use of intent/focus, and it's possible impact on the whole purpose. Reiki folk tend to say that intent is the be all and end all. Maybe. Maybe not. however in this context there is some form of loose 'control' in the group. so it would be interesting, and i'm fairly sure beneficial.

Have you thought along those lines?

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Treasa
    Treasa
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Treasa Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:06 pm

At this stage i don't know if most of the students know why they want to learn reiki. Most of them had never heard of it before they started attending my stress management classes, a few had heard of it but never experienced it and one or maybe two had received reiki beforehand.

The people attending would all have substance abuse problems, although i would not know to what extent or what substances, also i would not know whether they have been released from prison, are awaiting a court hearing, or are attending purely due to their addiction. Some of the people there might be attending because they feel it might help them to get a shorter sentence, some compulsory as an early release programme etc

So there would be a wide variety of reasons for choosing to do the course from because from what they have heard me say and what they have felt during receiving reiki they hope it will help them to change their lives to hoping that it will look good on whatever reports get made, to wanting to get the certificate to show they have achieved something.

I just have to trust that reiki finds the right people at the right time for them, all i can do is facilitate the course and after that hopefully be able to help guide them onto level two. As i said there is a list of 12 names at present, i am assuming that they won't all attend on the day, reiki has a way of knowing who is meant to be there and who is not.

I'll keep you posted on how we get on.

Namaste

Treasa
    Treasa
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Treasa Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:53 am

Well i held my reiki level one course at the weekend. There were eight participants, one of whom was a staff member, and myself.

The weekend was brilliant, a few of the students weren't sure what to expect as they had never had reiki before, but everyone could feel the energy and a couple of the students had huge emotional breakthroughs.

I've spoken to the staff about doing a study on whether having reiki has an effect on the relapse rates and they are interested, but i assume it will be at least a year before there's any kind of evidence to present.

We are going to be doing reiki group one morning a week, to keep the students actively practising, and the whole experience seems very encouraging and positive at this stage.

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:46 am

Treasa wrote:Well i held my reiki level one course at the weekend. There were eight participants, one of whom was a staff member, and myself.

The weekend was brilliant, a few of the students weren't sure what to expect as they had never had reiki before, but everyone could feel the energy and a couple of the students had huge emotional breakthroughs.

I've spoken to the staff about doing a study on whether having reiki has an effect on the relapse rates and they are interested, but i assume it will be at least a year before there's any kind of evidence to present.

We are going to be doing reiki group one morning a week, to keep the students actively practising, and the whole experience seems very encouraging and positive at this stage.

sounds interesting. sunny

Although each individual will
    move according to their self
    healing that involves reaching
    into the root of ones own self.
    That can sometimes takes years
    even with professional help. Does anyone have any experience of Reiki Attunement with Drug Rehab  850837

Jaz_AU
    Jaz_AU
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Does anyone have any experience of Reiki Attunement with Drug Rehab  Empty How are they now?

Post by Jaz_AU Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi Treasa,

How are your students going now? Anything interesting relating to relapse?

I am very interested in volunteering here in Australia in rehab centres, so your story is very inspiring Smile would love to hear any updates you have!

Cheers,
    Jaz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:21 am