Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Who are my spirit guides? How do I experience them?

hawkcwg
    hawkcwg

Who are my spirit guides? How do I experience them? Empty Who are my spirit guides? How do I experience them?

Post by hawkcwg Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:54 pm

I was told in a part of the reiki attunements, the reiki master visualizes your spirit guides and asks for their permission for your channel to be widened or attuned, for you to pass through the doorway. Any help on this?
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Who are my spirit guides? How do I experience them? Empty Re: Who are my spirit guides? How do I experience them?

Post by LightBody Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:10 pm

I suspect that the "spirit guide" element was introduced after Takata's passing when Iris Ishikuro and Arthur Robertson began adding elements of Tibetan mysticism into the practice of Reiki (but also stand to change that opinion if more sound opinions are shared).

Belief in spirit guides is present in many religious and spiritual practices. Christianity/Catholicism has Guardian Angels, shamanic practices have totem animals (which are spirit guides), and it's present in some Tibetan and other Buddhist practices as well. There are more, of course, that's only a small sample.

Spirit guides were not a part of original Usui Reiki. They were added later by Westerners. Aside from the appeal of Tibetan mysticism that was present in the late '70's and early '80's, it may have been because spirit guides are so prevalent across so many belief systems that including them in the process helped a person relax and feel safer during the process.

"Pass through a doorway?" That's a new analogy to me. I understand it, but it's the first time I've heard it used.

hawkcwg
    hawkcwg

Who are my spirit guides? How do I experience them? Empty Re: Who are my spirit guides? How do I experience them?

Post by hawkcwg Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:42 am

LightBody wrote:I suspect that the "spirit guide" element was introduced after Takata's passing when Iris Ishikuro and Arthur Robertson began adding elements of Tibetan mysticism into the practice of Reiki (but also stand to change that opinion if more sound opinions are shared).

Belief in spirit guides is present in many religious and spiritual practices. Christianity/Catholicism has Guardian Angels, shamanic practices have totem animals (which are spirit guides), and it's present in some Tibetan and other Buddhist practices as well. There are more, of course, that's only a small sample.

Spirit guides were not a part of original Usui Reiki. They were added later by Westerners. Aside from the appeal of Tibetan mysticism that was present in the late '70's and early '80's, it may have been because spirit guides are so prevalent across so many belief systems that including them in the process helped a person relax and feel safer during the process.

"Pass through a doorway?" That's a new analogy to me. I understand it, but it's the first time I've heard it used.

That's very insightful. I wonder what these beings are though. You make me not want to explore the genre at all, based on it being just a creation of our minds. But where does the energy come from? I have evoked and manifested beings, and have pulled power from them, is this just my imagination and a way of manipulating my own channel of energy or are they actual entity's that exist. This seems like such a dilemma. The holographic universe by Michael Talbot, goes very in depth about these concepts, offering answers, but I haven't had the time to delve into it.
    hawkcwg
    hawkcwg

Post by hawkcwg Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:44 am

I guess the best answer would be that if I am capable of doing this already, and it's something that is natural and easy for me to approach, there is no reason I should exclude it from my practice. But is there a Reiki code of ethics that talks for or against using spirits?
    hawkcwg
    hawkcwg

Post by hawkcwg Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46 am

For me I don't necessarily seek these beings out, they usually connect to me and show me they wish to align with me. it's very strange. I've communicated with the Archangel Raphael, Archangel Sandalphon, The Sumerian God Enlil. Those are the only beings that I can remember. Enlil and Raphael both found me though, which was very strange.
    hawkcwg
    hawkcwg

Post by hawkcwg Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:50 am

Maybe beings are portals of higher or lesser frequencies, that we can align too. Anything can be a gateway perhaps if it can trigger an energy response inside you.
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:51 am

hawkcwg wrote:That's very insightful. I wonder what these beings are though. You make me not want to explore the genre at all, based on it being just a creation of our minds. But where does the energy come from? I have evoked and manifested beings, and have pulled power from them, is this just my imagination and a way of manipulating my own channel of energy or are they actual entity's that exist. This seems like such a dilemma. The holographic universe by Michael Talbot, goes very in depth about these concepts, offering answers, but I haven't had the time to delve into it.

It's been years, probably at least a decade, since I read Talbot's book. I recall it was very interesting, and given how computing is advancing, it would probably be worth my while to re-read it.

hawkcwg wrote:I guess the best answer would be that if I am capable of doing this already, and it's something that is natural and easy for me to approach, there is no reason I should exclude it from my practice. But is there a Reiki code of ethics that talks for or against using spirits?

Reiki is still young enough that it is being formed by new practitioners (become teachers) all the time. There are less than a handful of teachers with practices large enough to be considered institutionalized to need a code of ethics, but many individual practitioners are beginning to post them on their websites as the codes add to a professional appearance. I suppose the short answer to your question is “no”.

hawkcwg wrote:For me I don't necessarily seek these beings out, they usually connect to me and show me they wish to align with me. it's very strange. I've communicated with the Archangel Raphael, Archangel Sandalphon, The Sumerian God Enlil. Those are the only beings that I can remember. Enlil and Raphael both found me though, which was very strange.

Here’s an analogy to help you understand the process.

You, the real you, is a bright light wrapped tightly within a hard shell of experiences formed by your time in this reality. The light that represents you is constantly expanding with the rest of the entire universe (and all its multi-dimensions), which circumstantially causes the shell containing you to crack here and there. Sometimes the light of you that emerges through the cracks is bright enough to be noticed by higher forms of consciousness, and that’s why it seems that those beings have sought you out.

At this time, most of your experience of them is being filtered – translated, if you will – by your personality. You are experiencing only a teeny tiny extremely small fraction of a fraction of a fraction of many more fractions of their actual energy. Your personality translates that experience of their energy into forms that your conscious mind can understand.

When you begin to have conscious experiences of those beings that is closer to their true form, then you won’t be able to describe the experience (or them) in the way that you have.

hawkcwg wrote:Maybe beings are portals of higher or lesser frequencies, that we can align too. Anything can be a gateway perhaps if it can trigger an energy response inside you.

Frequency is a good term to use to describe things. “Energy” is broadly used in the healing community. In the 80’s and ‘90’s it was simply considered “power”. During the early 1900’s the term “magnetism” was used to describe it. During the 1800’s and the years before that time, it was considered angelic power or the power of God (or some deity).

The vocabulary used to describe and/or identify the spiritual energies we experience changes to reflect contemporary scientific discoveries and understandings.

There was a time some decades ago when Reiki was largely taught by people like you and me, people who are very sensitive to such spiritual energies. But, Reiki has grown, and now it is mostly made up of people that sincerely want to help others and make a positive difference in the world who are just beginning to be called to the path that eventually awakens the sensitivity that you possess.

LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:00 am

You may wish to consider providing Reiki Treatments or Reiki Attunements to these spirit guides.
    reikikat
    reikikat

Post by reikikat Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:22 pm

Lightbody, do you recommend the Michael Talbot book?
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi ReikiKat.

Yes, because I'm the type of person who likes to read as much as possible -- and not only books specifically about Reiki.

The thing about most Reiki books is that many of them essentially repeat the same information. There are relatively few authors who are bringing in something creative, new, or philosophical to the practice at this time (that will change sooner than later).

Here's the con of it:

The Holographic Universe is a book like many others in its genre... it starts off in a very scientific way but ends by answering its beginnings with pop-psychological new-age notions (chakras, meditations, etc.). What happens, is unfortunately, is that it loses the respect of the academic/scientific minds that begin reading it.

Here's the pro of it:

As a practitioner and especially as a Reiki teacher, you have got to be able to communicate with clients and students at their level. Being familiar with books and concepts that they may have read will help strengthen the bond, either practitioner-to-client or teacher-to-student, between all involved. It may also help the reader make connections between things that may not have been seen before, and it may even help to propel one's understanding "of everything" to greater heights.

So, that being said, I recommend it because I think it's good to read as much as one can about anything and everything one has an interest in. I even read things about things that I don't believe in because it helps me understand the things I do believe in (and understand) from new perspectives.

reikikat
    reikikat

Post by reikikat Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:46 pm

Thank you for your feedback, as always. I bought Proof of Heaven recently, that I'm looking forward to reading... though I wish it was called Proof of Afterlife :-) I'm interested because the guy was an atheist (he is a neurosurgeon) before a near-death experience, and from what I understand he has converted to Christianity. Should be an interesting read regardless. I appreciate the idea of reading books just to know what other people are thinking, feeling, believing.... even though I won't ever be swayed in that direction. Hey, I read the Koran simply because I was curious!

Thanks -- I hope you're well.
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:53 pm

(big grin, written while laughing) I have read and listened to the audio book by Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion... Very Happy
    reikikat
    reikikat

Post by reikikat Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:04 pm

I have that one, it's in the pile of "To Read". Cheers!
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:08 pm

hawkcwg
    hawkcwg

Post by hawkcwg Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:40 am

LightBody wrote:You may wish to consider providing Reiki Treatments or Reiki Attunements to these spirit guides.

That is a very interesting concept I'd like to try that and explore the energy responses I get from beings, who knows the potential.
    hawkcwg
    hawkcwg

Post by hawkcwg Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:42 am

LightBody wrote:You may wish to consider providing Reiki Treatments or Reiki Attunements to these spirit guides.

Are you sensitive to spirits?
    hawkcwg
    hawkcwg

Post by hawkcwg Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:47 am

LightBody are you only trained in reiki? Or have you practiced other forms of energy work?
    smm41
    smm41
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by smm41 Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:41 am

I believe that anything that helps to raise my vibration can be usefull in healing or any other aspect of my life.
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:25 am

hawkcwg wrote:LightBody are you only trained in reiki? Or have you practiced other forms of energy work?

Hi Hawcwg.

Apologies for the delay in response, I've got college classes every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday through mid-December (and the remainder of the week is dedicated to completing the assignments).

I have trained in other styles of energy-work, but I was sensitive to spiritual phenomena since birth... I recall a time when I was in pre-school when I would talk to the ghosts in my room (which didn't go over too well when my mom discovered who -- or what -- I was talking to).

Reiki has changed quite a bit since I became involved with it in 1993, and what I do no longer meets the contemporary definition of Reiki as a spiritual practice.

Later,
    Kiyo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:23 am