Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
hawkcwg
reikikat
6 posters

HOT hands...

reikikat
    reikikat

HOT hands... Empty HOT hands...

Post by reikikat Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:34 pm

Hello Reiki Friends

This has happened at least twice, once when I gave Reiki to a terminally ill foster cat I had, and today when I gave distant Reiki to a friend. It's cold here and my hands tend to always be cold anyway if I'm not practicing Reiki. It took a while for my hands to warm up during the session, but I always get hot hands without fail. Usually my right (dominant) hand gets hotter than the left, and actually gets uncomfortably hot, and today my right palm is still holding heat almost three hours after I ended the session. The center of the palm toward the thumb pad holds a hot spot for such a long time after a session, even though the rest of my hands have gone back to normal/cool. I've been wrapping it around a glass of ice water, or holding my chilly metal iPod against it. I'm not afraid of this, I'm just really curious about what this might be or if others have experienced it.

A fellow Reiki friend suggested I "pulled" something out of the client and I'm slowly dissolving it for her - but that seemed a tiny bit farfetched even for the most avid fan of Reiki.

Thanks!!

reikikat
    hawkcwg
    hawkcwg

HOT hands... Empty Re: HOT hands...

Post by hawkcwg Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:33 pm

My hands heat up every time I do energy work. My feet also sometimes do it, perhaps sucking energy in from the floor. I play drums and so I think it was easier for energy to resonate in those two places because I've had to train them with so much techniques in music. Maybe you do a lot with your hands and feet that make you focus on those parts of your limbs. Otherwise I think energy attracts to anywhere you focus.

I also get warm and cold feelings in my body during my sessions with people, but those feelings also come to me when I being present. Also when I work with stones. I don't think your hands would dissolve the energy, I hope you didn't absorb anything bad, I would try to imagine grounding that energy. I'm not very good at grounding energy, I'm training myself to do so. I've pulled two people's sinus colds into me successfully, they being cured and me being sick for two weeks, both times, so be careful with that, always imagine white light around you, and not you and the person your working on.

I also recently heated up my body, when I was sitting in the cold and imagined a lot of warm things to imagine my body heating up and it really worked, I even fired my kundalini energy once or twice.

These two videos will seriously answer your questions though. just delete the number 9 between the h & t on the url

youtube.com/watch?v=Af1RGVaBQYc

youtube.com/watch?v=qWCn8PkHeuk
    osamenor
    osamenor

Post by osamenor Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:16 am

My hands always get hot, hot, HOT when I do reiki, no matter who I'm giving it to, and even if I'm doing it on myself. I don't take that to mean I'm absorbing anything; I just figure that's how I react to the energy moving through me.

I have been told again and again by experienced reiki practitioners (I was attuned less than six months ago) to always clear energy after giving reiki. That can be as simple as brushing yourself off, saying (aloud or silently) something like, "I send away everything that is not mine," three times or so. Even if hands heating up isn't a sign of absorbing anything, giving reiki does put you in someone else's energy field, so you are open to absorbing bits of their energy. Hawk's suggestion of shielding yourself is another one I've heard, which works for some people, but personally, I find brushing away the energy afterward to be the best for me.
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:04 am

I can very much identify with osamenor's suggestion about clearing energy. I don't brush myself off or anything. But I do thank Reiki and thank God, and that seems to indicate making a break. I have had my doings with Reiki for now, and must now go on to other things.
    I think it is also important to take a monetary payment. This makes it a business relationship and makes it easier for me to make a break after the treatment. I think it should be a respectable payment. It need not be high, but it should in my humble opinion be more than symbolic.

I have also accepted lunch or dinner rather than a payment of money, and regretted it afterwards. I think that the fact that money is not something which I like very much, and has a coldness about it, helps to make the break.

This is all just the result of my own personal experience, and I am not extremely experienced in Reiki. What helps me, may or may not help others.
    Very best to all,
    Yeruham
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:28 am

experience in Reiki as a practitioner
    is always ongoing each client brings
    a new experience and each session brings
    a different experience to clients no
    matter how often they have sessions
    with you. flower HOT hands... 850837

Reiki energy doesn't stop when the session
    is over. The client can/does experience
    the energy as it goes to where it's needed.
    Some times the energy has to heal other areas
    before it reaches its final destination bounce Arrow
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:38 am

hawkcwg wrote:My hands heat up every time I do energy work. My feet also sometimes do it, perhaps sucking energy in from the floor. I play drums and so I think it was easier for energy to resonate in those two places because I've had to train them with so much techniques in music. Maybe you do a lot with your hands and feet that make you focus on those parts of your limbs. Otherwise I think energy attracts to anywhere you focus.

I also get warm and cold feelings in my body during my sessions with people, but those feelings also come to me when I being present. Also when I work with stones. I don't think your hands would dissolve the energy, I hope you didn't absorb anything bad, I would try to imagine grounding that energy. I'm not very good at grounding energy, I'm training myself to do so. I've pulled two people's sinus colds into me successfully, they being cured and me being sick for two weeks, both times, so be careful with that, always imagine white light around you, and not you and the person your working on.

I also recently heated up my body, when I was sitting in the cold and imagined a lot of warm things to imagine my body heating up and it really worked, I even fired my kundalini energy once or twice.

These two videos will seriously answer your questions though. just delete the number 9 between the h & t on the url

youtube.com/watch?v=Af1RGVaBQYc

youtube.com/watch?v=qWCn8PkHeuk

It's a good idea to keep your immune
    system healthy. That way you will not
    pick up another persons virus' HOT hands... 158903
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:54 am

Dear chi-solas,

Glad to see your responses. Your approach is very different from mine. I had come to believe in the importance of making a "break". But | always want to learn, and will re-examine my thought on this matter.

As for the immune system, I strongly agree with you. I believe in hard physical exercise.

Very best
    Yeruham
    Saphira
    Saphira
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Saphira Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:33 am

I do not always feel the heat when allowing the Reiki to flow through me. Sometimes my hands will heat up, other times I may just feel the tingling of the energy or pulsing. I have learned each person I work on can be very different in what I experience on my end. I do not fear taking on other's issues. In my level one training it was explained as me being the conduit for Reiki to flow in through my crown and out through my hands, but that the energy does not reverse itself and come back again after it has gone into the client. For this reason I have never had a fear of picking up other people's stuff. In fact, I am a feeler by nature and prior to Reiki I would easily pick up other peoples emotions, physical symptoms, etc from just being around them. Reiki seems to have helped me not take on things like I use to. For this I am grateful. Smile Prior to a treatment, I do always ask higher power and the angels to allow the energy to flow where it is needed and the final hand position breaks the connection to the person I am working on. I always feel AMAZING after giving a session. After all, it's a win win since I receive a treatment while the Reiki is flowing through me into the person I am working on. cheers
    hawkcwg
    hawkcwg

Post by hawkcwg Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:27 am

Yes Saphira. That is lovely. I like what your saying.

I personally know I need to imagine white light around me and pray a prayer of healing before I do a session, because I am also empathic, so the energy another gives off, I can absorb at a danger to myself. But you can always battle the energy with your physical body, but your imagination is more powerful and can dismiss any energy you tell it to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 pm