Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Reiki beginner, question about sensations.

lynus
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Reiki beginner, question about sensations. Empty Reiki beginner, question about sensations.

Post by lynus Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:17 pm

Hello from Toronto, Canada! I am grateful to have found this messageboard.
    I'm requesting your seasoned feedback on my self practice.

I received my reiki level 1 certification a few months ago, put it aside for a couple months, and have recently started practicing everyday as much as i can, performing self treatments with the intention of moving on to practicing on people eventually.

In the beginning there was only a mild sensation, when i practiced on my teacher, a mild sensation emenating from my hands to her. When I finally "got it" , during a self treatment one night, i felt an energetic sensation comparable to thick honey pouring down from the top of my head, this started happening when i began to use the ball visualization. The thing is the sensation never seems to move down past my throat.

Blockages maybe?

Recently Ive been making a more conscious effort to " sit back" and let it follow its own course, and the first time i really tried hard to do that, there was a tingly sensation everywhere in my body, not a very strong one, but i did feel it in my palms.

1.) Now I wonder, was the reiki honey sensation psychosomatic? and the tingling feeling is what i should be aiming for?

2.) When doing reiki on yourself, what does a blockage feel like?

3.) One time, I was feeling very yucky and heavy with negative energy,
    i rushed home so i could clear myself with reiki, and when i prepared to self treat, this reiki honey didnt even wait for me to direct it or give it the go ahead, it just entered through the top of my head. Does this ever happen to anyone here??

Im kind of starting to think my reiki training wasnt that great..

Thanks so much for listening.

Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

Reiki beginner, question about sensations. Empty Re: Reiki beginner, question about sensations.

Post by Carina_NZ Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:00 pm

reiki is ever-changing and evolving. no two sessions have ever been the same for me, either on others, or on myself.

my advise is to let go of the analysis of 'what it was, or how it should be' and just go with the flow.
    who cares if it was psychosomatic, make beleive or real - if it works, then it works and that really is all the validation you need.
    as for what should you be aiming for? that my friend, what you're lookign for is simply balance. balance of emotions, balance within the mind, balance of the energetical being that is your beautiful self.

it doens't matter how the energy presents to you - if it is warm and thick, cool and tingly, hot and burning, or even unable to be sensed.... it is real, it works and piling up the 'what does that mean' often leads to imbalance and undoes the very thing you worked towards.

i hope that helps - i too am an analytical thinker, and i knwo that my suggestion may not be easy Wink
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Reiki beginner, question about sensations. Empty Re: Reiki beginner, question about sensations.

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:35 pm

hi buddy Smile

welcome to reiki learning lounge and welcome to the reiki world (of wonders) Smile

as from your post, i don't notice anything to suggest that your reiki training was not right. i suppose you have been taught well, and you must trust the process to go on.

have recently started practicing everyday as much as i can, performing self treatments with the intention of moving on to practicing on people eventually.

thats very good. self-treatment is something whose importance cannot be overemphasized ever. you are doing great here.

during a self treatment one night, i felt an energetic sensation comparable to thick honey pouring down from the top of my head, this started happening when i began to use the ball visualization. The thing is the sensation never seems to move down past my throat.

Blockages maybe?

reiki, as you would have noticed, feels like an adjustment process where your body and your whole being makes adjustments within itself. We know that there are countless processes within our body which follow an intricate design and somehow seem to follow an inbuilt intelligence of the body. When we start reiki self-treatments, the adjustments to such processes also follow the same innate intelligence. it may be called intelligence of the body or of reiki itself (lets skip this debate), but afterall, we don't need to worry to apply our mind in order that our healing happens in a best way possible. since it already and will most likely happen that way for sure.

honey dew falling from and within your crown, is a lovely feeling itself Smile why not just enjoy it ? it may be indicative of several things. your auric shield undergoes several changes during reiki treatments. things balance themselves. chakras change their vibrational / rotational radiance. energy or qi moves within your meridians differently now. your endocrine system readjusts itself to the new system. you see, there are so many variables to study ( if you choose to study)... now there is a problem with energy. it follows our thought. the way we choose to think about it, it manifests itself that way. placebo effects are also in the list. so, when we try to think 'too much' about the processes happening during a reiki treatments, we are, in a way, trying to 'shape up' our reiki experience... it may be good sometimes... but for people who have started reiki treatments just recently, it is best that they 'observe' and 'register' the things that happen to them during the process, instead of finding the 'what' and 'why' of such happening, since they would miss many things out if they go that way.

lets say if you feel that cascading of honey dew does not pass below your neck region, there might be a blockade. even if you certainly know that there is a blockade, you will definitely trust the reiki process in the next step to overcome/remedy it. right ? so you see, eventually, knowing or not knowing the 'causes' and 'effects' of the things, does not make any significant differences when healing outcome is concerned. you will enjoy the reiki process more if you let the things happen even without understanding them Smile seems weird, correct, but it works!

meanwhile you may come across some adjustment things that are not very pleasureful. headaches, dizzing, nauseatic feelings, swirling of head, lethargy, skin rash, etc. (list is long)... these are temporary things... just pass through them and head on to a more pleasureful next session... and the most important is that you trust the process and don't fight with your body for what is happening meanwhile...

a little patience and lot of trust and lot of self-treatment, and you will be reap the fruits in shape of a nourishing well being, and composure of mind, body (and spirit)... this is called REIKI Smile

take much care buddy

Salman

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Carina_NZ wrote:reiki is ever-changing and evolving. no two sessions have ever been the same for me, either on others, or on myself.

my advise is to let go of the analysis of 'what it was, or how it should be' and just go with the flow.
    who cares if it was psychosomatic, make beleive or real - if it works, then it works and that really is all the validation you need.
    as for what should you be aiming for? that my friend, what you're lookign for is simply balance. balance of emotions, balance within the mind, balance of the energetical being that is your beautiful self.

it doens't matter how the energy presents to you - if it is warm and thick, cool and tingly, hot and burning, or even unable to be sensed.... it is real, it works and piling up the 'what does that mean' often leads to imbalance and undoes the very thing you worked towards.

i hope that helps - i too am an analytical thinker, and i knwo that my suggestion may not be easy Wink

beautifully explained. right on spot!

lynus
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by lynus Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:40 am

Thank you so much Salman and Carina, this is exactly what I needed to hear, and it makes complete sense to me on an a deep intuitive level, why should I expect the reiki flow to feel the same way every time, after all our bodies and even daily life are in constant flux. Thank you for the warm welcomes!
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:06 pm

you are welcome buddy.

keep us all posted about your experiences.

take care

salman
    Bastemhet
    Bastemhet

Post by Bastemhet Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:44 am

Welcome!

My Reiki level 1 handbook included various articles of interest. One of them was a copy of Chapter 7 from Walter Lübeck´s book, "The Complete Reiki Handbook." In chapter 7 it discusses methods for tracing disturbances in the subtle energy system, and goes over the different common sensations one might feel while channeling Reiki. He notes that tingling is a sign of inflammation, but also says that we should trust our own intuition and how we access information. Basically, it could just be that your body is now starting to break up any blockages that you have and is adjusting and preparing itself for greater healing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:44 pm