Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

what are your local Reiki laws... if any

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

what are your local Reiki laws... if any Empty what are your local Reiki laws... if any

Post by chi_solas Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:55 am

Here in Massachusetts Reiki is not considered a massage.
    It is known legally as, bodywork therapy

Exemptions: any person who uses touch, words, and directed movement to deepen awareness of patterns of movement in the body, or the affectation of the human energy system or acupoints or Qi meridians of the human body while engaged within the scope of practice of a profession with established standards and ethics, provided that their services are not designated or implied to be massage or massage therapy. Such practices include, but are not limited to the Feldenkrais Method; Reflexology; The Trager Approach; Ayurvedic Therapies, Rolf Structural Integration, Polarity or Polarity Therapy; Polarity Therapy Bodywork; Asian Bodywork Therapy that does not constitute massage as defined by this act; Acupressure; Jin Shin Do; Qi Gong; Shiatsu; Body-Mind Centering, and Reiki.

Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

what are your local Reiki laws... if any Empty Re: what are your local Reiki laws... if any

Post by Carina_NZ Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:43 pm

in NZ i'm not sure there is a law as such.
    there is talk about regulating things - which is more of an annoyance for those in the reiki field than a safety net. i'm not really in that field as a professional and use my reiki in slightly less conventional ways than a 'session' so i dont follow it too closely.

if you sign up to the reiki nz association for $90 a year, they give you a certificate and they insist you sign the terms and conditions and rules for a typical session as depicted by all the members.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

what are your local Reiki laws... if any Empty Re: what are your local Reiki laws... if any

Post by chi_solas Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:48 am

Carina_NZ wrote:in NZ i'm not sure there is a law as such.
    there is talk about regulating things - which is more of an annoyance for those in the reiki field than a safety net. i'm not really in that field as a professional and use my reiki in slightly less conventional ways than a 'session' so i dont follow it too closely.

if you sign up to the reiki nz association for $90 a year, they give you a certificate and they insist you sign the terms and conditions and rules for a typical session as depicted by all the members.

Being registered in your local
    town is different than Reiki
    Organization. As a business
    you need a license to operate.
    It was very clear here in
    Massachusetts that we did not
    need all the restriction put on
    massage therapist. We come under
    "body workers" no home inspection
    is required. sunny
    Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

Post by Carina_NZ Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:47 am

ah, in NZ to register a business you can either open the doors and be a sole trader or register as a limited liability company for $150. so long as you declare the taxes there aren't any regulations around if you are or aren't able to operate as a business. loads of people work from home with their beauty, massage and even prostitution businesses.

some parts of various cities have an encumbrance on the property, so you do need to clear it with the local council if you can operate a clinic, from a residential area. but it's not often a NO from them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:52 pm