Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
chi_solas
slimmist
6 posters

Does a person need to have a high IQ to feel reiki

slimmist
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Does a person need to have a high IQ to feel reiki Empty Does a person need to have a high IQ to feel reiki

Post by slimmist Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:11 pm

I read an article saying that people who have higher IQ's are more susceptible to hypnosis and I'm thinking because of that a person might need to have a good level of intelligence to feel reiki energies and I've noticed throughout most of my life I never did much to stimulate my brain like solving crossword puzzles, playing memory games, etc...
    When I was getting a reiki treatment from a practitioner, she said that the biggest chakra that I had was my heart chakra, and to be honest I've never been the fastest thinker, had the best memory, or was the most articulate person. I've been attuned through several healing systems and I can always feel the first attunement, it's just the healing sessions that I can't feel.

So my question is will building my IQ through brain training exercises help me feel energies?
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Does a person need to have a high IQ to feel reiki Empty Re: Does a person need to have a high IQ to feel reiki

Post by chi_solas Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:59 pm

slimmist wrote:I read an article saying that people who have higher IQ's are more susceptible to hypnosis and I'm thinking because of that a person might need to have a good level of intelligence to feel reiki energies and I've noticed throughout most of my life I never did much to stimulate my brain like solving crossword puzzles, playing memory games, etc...
    When I was getting a reiki treatment from a practitioner, she said that the biggest chakra that I had was my heart chakra, and to be honest I've never been the fastest thinker, had the best memory, or was the most articulate person. I've been attuned through several healing systems and I can always feel the first attunement, it's just the healing sessions that I can't feel.

So my question is will building my IQ through brain training exercises help me feel energies?
    Give it a try and see what happens sunny 
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Does a person need to have a high IQ to feel reiki Empty Re: Does a person need to have a high IQ to feel reiki

Post by Milarepa Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:39 am

Don't worry what Reiki folks say about chakras. It not important. Some say not a part of Reiki either. Instead, what is important is both the immediate effect, and any long-lasting effects. Particularly evident in on-going ahem, exposure to the Reiki phenomenon.

Horses, dogs, in fact any animal, and some also say non living objects have all benefited from Reiki. IQ test them at your peril. hehehe. Smile. IQ got nothing to do with it. In fact, it may have an adverse effect.

Warmest wishes

Wayne

P.S. Warm welcome to the forum!
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:18 am

Hi Slimmist and welcome to RLL,

I also would like to extend a warm welcome to all the new RLL members as I have been very busy lately and didn’t get a chance to “stop by”

I read an article saying that people who have higher IQ's are more susceptible to hypnosis and I'm thinking because of that a person might need to have a good level of intelligence to feel reiki energies and I've noticed throughout most of my life I never did much to stimulate my brain like solving crossword puzzles, playing memory games, etc...

You have raised some interesting question and since this is area I am very passionate about I will share some of my experience and offer my point of view for whatever its worth.

Despite the popular (and politically correct) belief within the reiki community that pretty much all the reiki practitioner has to do is “to show up” and let the  reiki do its thing as it has its own intelligence that is far superior to ours and it always know what is the best for the person to be treated—I am going to offer the point of view that IQ is important and will enhance (our) reiki practice and our life (but be warned, it may not be what you are expecting Very Happy ).

I understand that this is rather big statement and most of the RLL members are wondering what in the world I am thinking…so I better provide a good explanation now , right? Very Happy 

But before I do it I want to point out that it doesn’t mean that I disagree with Wayne’s point here:

IQ got nothing to do with it. In fact, it may have an adverse effect.
    What I believe  Wayne is saying here is that IQ,  per se, isn’t the issue but rather that the practitioner should NOT attempt to play smart a%%  during the treatment and I agree with it.

Why high IQ Is Important?

As it turned out people with very high IQ have increased level of gamma brain waves.  

Remember who else has increased levels of gamma brain waives?

Some may remember the 2004 study with Tibetan Buddhist Monks when they were asked to generate the feeling of the compassion.

As a study shows, their brain started producing the gamma brain waves. For those not familiar with the brain waves, the gamma waves are considered the highest brain waves (25Hz-100Hz but with 40 Hz being the typical) and is associated with “feeling of blessings” and the feeling of “oneness”.

This waves are generated in the thalamus and sweep the brain 40 times per second , from front to back, and many link it to the consciousness. It needs to be said that if the thalamus is damaged then the gamma waves are not produced and therefore there is no conscious awareness (people would be in comma)

What Does It Have To Do With Reiki?

As those RLL members who have been around for some time now  will remember, RLL Seniors have suggested that perhaps the best way to improve our reiki practice is by working on our compassion.

Also many will remember Ms. Takata saying that Gratitude is the most important. Now, thanks to this study we know why it is important and in the way this study has validate the concept.

How Reiki (System) Can Help?

Interestingly though, the reiki system offers a “tool” to help us reach our best potential. And that tool for me is the reiki principle.

As I have pointed before, I do not recite the principles nor do I keep them on the wall, but rather I try to live by them.

I believe the first two principles call on us to educate ourselves with what the anger, worry (and other negative emotions) are, how they affect us, what triggers them and what is the real cause. When we have better understanding we will have a better choice to deal with it (to eliminate/or reduce it).

Meantime, until we got that far,  the third principle offers us a great tool to shift our focus to our hart and invoke the feeling of gratitude and take a charge of our life.

It turned out to be very long answer to your simple question. Very Happy  Sorry about that.

Best Regards,

Resko
    fshortt
    fshortt
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by fshortt Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:49 am

slimmist wrote:I read an article saying that people who have higher IQ's are more susceptible to hypnosis and I'm thinking because of that a person might need to have a good level of intelligence to feel reiki energies and I've noticed throughout most of my life I never did much to stimulate my brain like solving crossword puzzles, playing memory games, etc...

Like the others have pointed out - the reiki effect (or healing effect) has effect on animals, and even plants and cells in the lab, and this is very well documented. So do not worry about the IQ stuff, intelligence works on many many levels not just what is measured in the various IQ tests - which by the way are very narrow in their scope - not holistic. however, because of this you have several categories of intelligence, ranging from IQ, EQ (emotional intelligence), SQ (spiritual intelligence), CQ (cultural intelligence) and so forth - basically, the deeper we look the more we see - but what is needed once all levels are understood, is to understand what the whole is - and this (in my opinion) is achieved when mind/heart can get to that understanding. - not rational, not emotional, but knowing.

"There are many things known, and many things unknown, and in between are the Doors."

f
    slimmist
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by slimmist Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:58 pm

with what you guys have said do you think emotional intelligence would be the most important when practicing reiki
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:23 am

I think common sense is most important when practising Reiki Wink
    slimmist
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by slimmist Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:16 pm

Colin wrote:I think common sense is most important when practising Reiki Wink
    that was so uncalled for
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:47 pm

I beg your pardon, slimmist, it was not my intention to offend.Embarassed 

Yes, emotional intelligence is important but so is common sense. I was speaking generally though, not specifically answering you personally.

There are so many concepts that have been added to the system of Reiki, which builds up the number of things students believe they have to know about or bear in mind that they can get in the way of Reiki practice itself. Many of these add-ins result in the Reiki practitioner believing that they are required to play a bigger part in the process of Reiki than they need.

The less we think and do the more we can be and allow Reiki to do what it needs to do.

(again not directed at you personally, slimmist, but, in the light of your response, I thought I had better expand on what I said for the benefit of everyone) Smile
    slimmist
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by slimmist Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:10 am

thanks for clearing that up colin, my bad for misunderstanding sunny 
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:53 am

No probs, slimmist Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:47 am